Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

Guys, .. need much help from you, now I am getting discouraged.

First of all, my setup is:

Main board: Intel D865PERL

Processor: Pentium 4 2.4GHz (Instruction SSE2)

Memory: DDR 1256 MB

Video card: GeForce4 MX 440 SE

HD SATA Maxtor 160GB

The first version that I downloaded was the uphuck 10.4.9.

I've recorded this version in a DVD-RW

I installed normally, but after the startup screen appeared a message sending restart the system and nothing happened.

Installed several times trying different configurations, but nothing has changed.

Then I downloaded to upgrade the bios and updated the bios.

I did again the entire installation process, but nothing has changed. Each "resettlement" I did I used the option to delete the partition again that I was using, through the utility of the disk installer.

After that the downloaded version Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.

I formatted my DVD-RW and save the image of the same DVD version.

But when I went to boot in this version, it appeared those first lines, but it's time to change screen, where the letters are a little different (think entering graphical mode) the pc simply resets itself.

Nothing also, or putting the options "-v-s-x", raised with each one and with all these options, but the only thing that changed was that appeared more texts before restarting.

Then I downloaded the version Leo4allV3, formatted my DVD-RW again and save that image in it. In the boot still happening exactly what happened with the previous version: after the initial lines of text, where would the screen to another pc restarts.

Apparently this is not the images of the system, because not encountered anyone who reportasse this problem.

The point is that I have a bad connection, and not One would be looking for dozens of versions that is out there, is very expensive, slow and disappointing to me.

Please, I need help from you.

Anyone who knows me or help der an explanation of what is happening be very grateful!

I tried to install this on my new setup but the installation just freezes (after trying it three times) at the same spot. It frezes once you have selected the drive to install on and gets about 85% of the way complete and says "2 minutes remaining). I can't move the cursor at all and I have the logs open but it doesn't have any useful info.

Here are the comp spects:

MSI nforce 650i SLI board

Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.5 GHZ (I tried removing the OC and made no difference)

8GB of DDR2-800 RAM

PATA LiteON DVD-+RW drive

Geforce 8800 GTX 768MB

Areca ARC-1231ML raid controller

Another question:

I was able to get an older release to install but it will not boot off the volume after (I get no boot loader screen and just a blinking cursor). Is there anyway to store the kernel on a bootable medium/drive but still load the actual OS off the unbootable volume (raid5 array in this case). I can do this on linux with grub but not sure if this can be done on darwin nor how you would go about doing it.

I fixed the install error using the maxmem=1536 per another post on this thread. It stopped freezing at the stage where only 2 min is left.

Sweeeeeeet!!!! Working well now. Even got Logic Pro running smoothly with both cores working on an amd x6000 cpu. :thumbsdown_anim: Shut down and reboot is faster than my xp system.Thank you for the tip.....worked well. :P

By the way....the only way I managed to install was in safe mode -x

Every other options I tried just froze the install.

safemode -x?

Hello, I have downloaded this release but am completely new to installing mac. Any help will be recieved thankfully.

The laptop I am trying to install on is....

Machine: Toshiba Qosmio G30

Processor: Intel Centrino T2500 (2.00 GHz)

Ram: 1gb

The dvd boots and I pressed space to continue. It starts to load then comes up with error,

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A8C8A): Kernel trap at 0xFFFFFFFF, type 14=page fault

I have tried pressing F8 at boot and using the other kernels but all stop at the same point.

As I said I am completely new to this so anything to get me going would be great. Thanks.

i install succesful but then when i reboot it gets stuck at the line that says cannot update uuidwhat the heck should i do!!!help please
Tap any key when it boots up then it will ask you for boot options. Type -F .
Hello, I have downloaded this release but am completely new to installing mac. Any help will be recieved thankfully.The laptop I am trying to install on is....Machine: Toshiba Qosmio G30Processor: Intel Centrino T2500 (2.00 GHz)Ram: 1gbThe dvd boots and I pressed space to continue. It starts to load then comes up with error,panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A8C8A): Kernel trap at 0xFFFFFFFF, type 14=page faultI have tried pressing F8 at boot and using the other kernels but all stop at the same point.As I said I am completely new to this so anything to get me going would be great. Thanks.
Try safe mode -x after F8 at boot.

Try safe mode -x after F8 at boot.

I am trying safe mode now, I am at the installation part now it's checking dvd for consistency. Looks like I am getting somewhere now. Thanks for your help.

Have done the install in safe mode (-x) When I rebooted it came up with the white screen with the apple logo in the middle then went to a blank black screen. Stays like this for ages, the screen sometimes flashes and the hard drive gets accessed every now and then but doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. What is happening? I did read somewhere that on first boot while something (can't remember what it was) is installed it looks like the machine has crashed but it just takes a while so I have left it like this to see if anything happens but it's been over 15 minutes now.

Have reinstalled, now it boots to white screen with apple logo then says you need to reboot your machine. Have rebooted several times but it is making no difference. Any ideas anyone.

Hi all,

I'm am _so_ sorry for the noob question, but I've not been playing with Hackintosh for very long.

I've got an apparently fully working install from the awesome Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. Sound, Lan, Video etc all working very nicely.

But now I want to upgrade to 10.5.3...never satisfied...

So - my question is this: if I didn't select any of the kernels when I installed Kalyway, am I running Vanilla? I had to install one of the graphics options to get my ATI working, but I didn't mess with the kernel options.

I guess, if I've got a vanilla kernel, that my upgrade path to 10.5.3 and beyond is fairly straightforward? I've identified a number of guides on that front, so I'll follow those, and don't want to clog this thread up with upgrade talk. Just wondered about the kernel?

Thanks for the help! And once again, awesome release.

From what I've read, and if you're running a vanilla kernel, you can go install 10.5.4 without any problems. YMMV though.

I've sussed my kernel question btw. Well, I hosed my install trying to get 10.5.3 installed, so started again, and made sure I checked which kernel I was on. The default is not Vanilla.

So now I'm running the Vanilla kernel, which seems quite happy, but still can't get the standard 10.5.3 to install using the guides I've found.

The next step is to try the Kalyway 10.5.3 package. Then 10.5.4 from there.

Cableguy, I should have an answer tonight as to whether 10.5.4 "just works". With the vanilla kernel, anyway.

OK, here's my update: went home at lunch time to a clean install of 10.5.2 from Kalyway's awesome DVD.

Downloaded Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update.

Ran Combo Update.

Ran Kernel Installer - selected Vanilla.

Rebooted - hit f8 and typed update -v

Watched the update process

Booted, checked About This Mac, grinned at 10.5.3 :)

Ran software update

Installed 10.5.4

Booted, checked About This Mac, grinned at 10.5.4 :D

Everything looks good at this stage. I'm going to do more testing in a few hours when I get home from work.

Okay,

Color me stupid. I've tried to find out where to *download* the 10.5.3 combo update, but I'm just not seeing the link. Been to the donation site, donated my money (Always do that because I like to support 3rd-party work.) and I've got - nothing.

Derek

Derek, try looking on Pirates of the Caribbean!

if you can't find it I may be able to give you a download link

:-)

Okay,

Color me stupid. I've tried to find out where to *download* the 10.5.3 combo update, but I'm just not seeing the link. Been to the donation site, donated my money (Always do that because I like to support 3rd-party work.) and I've got - nothing.

Derek

Hello, I got this installed, but when I go to boot it stays at the apple logo screen forever.

When i use the boot commands

sleepkernel NVinject-512 cpu=1 -s -f -x

I get the error

"Unknown SIGSEGV code 0"

Any suggestions on what to try?

Also the installer did not see my SATA hard drive so I removed one of my DVD drives and replaced it with a hard drive. The install went perfect, but like I said I cannot boot.

My PC:

AMD Athlon x2 x64 6000+

nVidia GeForce 8500GT

abit AN-M2HD motherboard

500GB Hitachi SATA hard drive

80GB Maxtor hard drive

3GB DDR2 Corsair RAM

I realize a lot of my hardware is not on the compatibility list. I believe this is a CPU problem. But I very well could be wrong.

Derek, try looking on Pirates of the Caribbean!

if you can't find it I may be able to give you a download link

:-)

Maybe an ftp link? I've got this bloody stupid HP Pavilion (Pentium D 930) running WinXPHome and I've yet to get a clean torrent link to a large file. (Although GetRight does a decent job for torrents *under* 300MB.) I'm thinking I should get a copy of the OSX Tiger release from Usenet... Any thoughts?

Derek

Maybe an ftp link? I've got this bloody stupid HP Pavilion (Pentium D 930) running WinXPHome and I've yet to get a clean torrent link to a large file. (Although GetRight does a decent job for torrents *under* 300MB.) I'm thinking I should get a copy of the OSX Tiger release from Usenet... Any thoughts?

Derek

Use a propert bittorrent client, such as utorrent (don't use azureus, bittornado or similar).

Hello, I got this installed, but when I go to boot it stays at the apple logo screen forever.

When i use the boot commands

sleepkernel NVinject-512 cpu=1 -s -f -x

I get the error

"Unknown SIGSEGV code 0"

Any suggestions on what to try?

Also the installer did not see my SATA hard drive so I removed one of my DVD drives and replaced it with a hard drive. The install went perfect, but like I said I cannot boot.

My PC:

AMD Athlon x2 x64 6000+

nVidia GeForce 8500GT

abit AN-M2HD motherboard

500GB Hitachi SATA hard drive

80GB Maxtor hard drive

3GB DDR2 Corsair RAM

I realize a lot of my hardware is not on the compatibility list. I believe this is a CPU problem. But I very well could be wrong.

I've got the same cpu and graphics card as you but an asus m2n4-sli mobo and kalyway 10.5.2 loves my system. Mind you I had to reinstall about 5 times before I got the right combination.

I've got the same cpu and graphics card as you but an asus m2n4-sli mobo and kalyway 10.5.2 loves my system. Mind you I had to reinstall about 5 times before I got the right combination.

Yeah, I finally got it installed and working ;)

Will the 10.5.4 update break my system?