GMA950

2GBRam

where ? in Single user interface ???

or in Boot menu ????

in Single User - when i type

># passwd root

i get error

"launch_msg(): Socket is not connected

passwd: Unable to open Directory node with name /Local/Default. Unable to open node."

i have the same problem with the starting over from the welcome screen and when i type the "passwd root" into the boot it says passwd: command not found... what do i do?

Is it possible to get my old tiger system to leopard?

My specs are:

Gigabyte GA-8IP900 p4 titan Intel 865P chipset Link: http://www.giga-byte.com.tw/Products/Mothe...?ProductID=1641

AGP- BFG Geforce 7600GS 512mb DDR2 ram

Realtek ethernet card. unsure of the model but it is 10/100 works in tiger should in leopard.

Onboard realtek sound works in tiger, should in leopard

My problem is:

I am completely lost here. I get an instant reboot with both kalyway 10.5.2 and leo4allv3 10.5.2. I have tried -v and -x together with no luck.

hyper threading is disabled. There is no AHCI mode in my bios. I have tiger 10.4.11 installed on this system and it works perfect. The only difference is I am using a radeon 9600 agp card. The drivers I am using with that card are castelio v3 and they are old and no updated for leopard. So I got this geforce 7600GS card in hopes of getting leopard on this system.

Can anyone help? THANK YOU!!!!!!!

a lot of members, like me, seem to get stuck at this message and can't continue with the installation:

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_i386

has anybody figured out a solution? i would really appreciate the help.

@artrbinfo

All you have to do is just press F8 at Darwin's prompt and then type -s (single user mode) then

at root type mount -uw /

and /movevideodrivers

then it will be prompt to move video drivers by class ( nvidia ; ati ; or intel gma) voila!

type yes to confirm or enter to skip !

I can't get my network to work.

I don't have internet.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Hey guys,

I noticed that someone else (on a different thread) was having the problem that I am, but there have been no solutions posted.

I have followed all of the instructions for the Kalyway 10.5.2 install and at the end of the install I get this message:

====================================================================

Install Failed

The installer could not validate the contents of the 'X11user' Package. Contact software manufacturer for assistance.

====================================================================

I tried re-erasing the HD and re-partitioning but no love. Three installs have yielded the same result.

I've searched every combination of keywords that I could think of for a solution to this problem but could not find anything.

Please Help!

CPU: AMD Althlon 64 x2 5200+

Package: Socket AM2(940)

MotherBoard:

-Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology

-Model: M57SLI-S4

-Chipset: NVIDA nforce 570 SLI

Processor Speed: 2.61 GHz

DDR RAM: 2.00 GB

Current OS: Windows XP version 2002 Service Pack 2

Instalation time: approx. 3hrs

USB Ports: Working (Sometimes Lag with some usb devices)

Firewire: Not working

Network: Not Detecting/Working

Graphics: Default Seems A OK

Sound: OK

Itunes: Coverflow doesnt seem to be working :'(

In need of NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Driver... -.-" for the mac =/

Ok i am having some major issues, or maybe im not and someone knows something i dont which is prolly 100% the case, ok so i get it all up and running and i set up my ATI drivers and reboot and at darwin boot i type "Graphic Mode" = "1280x1024x32" ok everything boots great and have the correct res, then i go and start updating my itunes, safari, and quick time, it tells me that it needs to Reboot, so i do so, then after that i get the apple grey loading screen with black/white text over it (kinda like a have -v and half gui boot) and an error pops up and say "Your system needs to reboot, please hold the power button or press the restart button) -x does not work nor does -s im SOL everytime... does someone know what im doing wrong, i am going through my 6th reinstall right now as i am sending this message, any help would be appreciated!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Hi Folks, I've got a Kalyway 10.5.2 and updated 10.5.3 install on my D915/p4 630 computer. About 2 minutes after boot I get a spinning beach ball (busy hard drive) for about 10-15 seconds. Then once an hour the same thing (spinning beach ball (busy hard drive) for about 10-15 seconds), then right back to normal.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Has anybody found a solution?

I've read all over these forums (so huge!) and searched. Nothing obvious. I figure the problem has something to do with Time Machine owing to the regularity of the distraction. I did install the Time Machine patch back in 10.5.2 install but I have turned Time Machine off and it still does this hard drive distraction. Second theory is something to do with Spotlight. Haven't really explored that one yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Khan

Hello; I also have a problem with the installation process. When it has about 9 min left, I get a yellow warning sign saying that the contents of the package "BSD" cannot be verified and I should contact the manufacturer for assistance. I'm a total noob at this so any help is appreciated!

My specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+

NVidia GeForce 7600 GT

Abit NV940 motherboard

Thanks!!

Hey There

I've Downloaded

Kalyway_Leopard_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd

I burned a DVD, then I created a partition FAT32 with 15 GB, but when I'm going to start the installation, I have the following error:

1117195939Mac.jpg

(that's not my picture, but I have the same problem)

and if I start running the DVD, the computer restart.

My specs:

Intel PIV 3 GHz

Chipset VIA

2 Gb DDR

HDD 80 GB (60 NTSF for WIndows and 15 FAT32 for MAC)

SSE, SSE2

Shappire HD2600XT AGP

I don't know if you want more INFo

please help me, I can´t wait to try MAC OS

Cheers from Portugal

Yes these are included in the setup ( you can choose about 6 kernels, afterwards you can test any of them). Initially i choosed the 9.2.0 sleep kernel, but with 9.2.2 modbin it worked). Also the usb fix is included named USBPCGen. Also if you have problems with the usb detection cyclonefr has a fix at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=96381
I want to make sure I understand this. So in order to use USB2 devices like iPod, need to use both the modbin kernel provided with kalyway as well as the USBPCGen patch? Also, what exactly *IS* the aforementioned patch? What is changed in my system because of it?
if you want adding drivers support to dvd boot you must put the Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd folder on your desktop then put kexts you want add to dvd extensions in the ADD_KEXT_TO_DVD folder (you can find natit for ati hd in this folder) and run Add_kext_to_dvd_boot.command !!!
Can someone please explain this instruction to me? Is this something we can do before burning the DVD and if so, can someone help me understand more detailed the instructions to do so? I have never been able to understand what is meant by this since obtaining the Kalyway DVD and using it to install OSX successfully. I guess this is a way I could build an installation DVD that is custom tailored for my hardware

Also, can anyone explain to me how I can perhaps inspect the kalyway pkg installer with pacifist or something and find a script or something that drives what is installed. I want to find out about things that are patched and are not vanilla from Apple. kexts and the like. I have read about a number of patches on this thread including a timemachine fix, a usb fix, smbios patches, and several others. where can I find out exactly what is patched during a kalyway install?

im having trouble with the automatical bootloader/EFI...

the install was successful but after restart it boots directly into vista.

my partitioning:

disk0:

p0: Windows Vista, NTFS

p1: Extra Partition, NTFS

disk1:

p0: Exchange, FAT32

p1: mac, hfs+ (mac (the installer) calls it disk5s1, i dont know why)

sometimes its the different way round(in the disktool within the installation)

actualy i removed the first disk and installing againbut dosnt change .

so what am i doing wrong? i've seen another person in this thread with nearly the same problem. but there wasnt any reply. i also searched for that issue but it seems that my configuration isn't that standard..

so is there anybody who can help me?

hardware:

hp dv9700 with amd turion64x2, nforce, 3gb ram, geforce8400gs256, 2x250gb sata, ...

Hi, I just installed the 10.5.2 and the computer boots fine. However, I got stuck at the "Transfer Your Data" page. I select that I will not transfer my data at this time. It just won't continue and will loop back to that page. Is this sth wrong with the network setting? Thanks.

Bummer - made the ISO fine and tried to boot.

Got the following at the last 4 lines of the boot display using no switches:

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:00 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

IDK, I'm running a Toshiba M55 laptop. I've had Tiger (Kaly) installed fne before.

//UPDATE

Upon looking at the line preceeding the error, I do see the following:

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x20667DE0): "AppleSMPDRC::start - unrecognzed device type\n"@...mPluginFamily-315.0.3/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/AppleSMPDRC.cpp:60

the "..." I used, cause the line is HELLA long.

Sucsesfull intaled Leo Kallyway 10.5.2 ;) but when starting to boot first it plays the animation WELCOME and than it sayt before you begin ... doest recognise USB keyborad :P (LOGITECH g11 and Logitec elite) and wnen i press ok (USB A4tech BW 5 mouse works fine) it starts spining the colorfull cursor :wacko: and that it do that for a long time nothing happens.

When I tryed to plug in the Logitech Elite on ps2 port it bypass the keyboard verification :) but it gives me the screen regional setting and when I press the continue button i hapens the same colorful cursor starts spining :wacko: and nothing hapens further :wacko: . Whem i press the CAPS LOCK or NUM LOCK female voice says # key pressed. Somehow i turned on the voice help when i started hitting :D keyborad, then later it had gone to the next screen where i have to enter the personal info name etc and than it freezes andthat is it

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee HEEEEEELP

I have

Motherboar Gygabyte 945 GME DS2 (i945g/gz) Southbridge 82801GB ICHR/7

Core2Duo E4400

2 GB RAM DDR800 Hexon (NPC)

Ge force 7300FX (I have VGA on borad but i dont use it )

160GB MAXTOR SATA

DvD RW Pioneer 215d

Hi everyone. I figured I'd actually try this out for once.

My computer is pretty rock solid. It's a custom-built machine with the following specs:

-ASUS motherboard/American MegaTrends BIOS

-Pentium4 2.60 GHz Processor

-ATI x800 Video card

-Two 280gb IDE Hard Drives

Disc is:

Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

I know for a fact that I burned the .iso right. Because it works just fine on my brother's computer, which has similar specs (except it's got a high-end NVidia card, possibly a SATA drive, and newer BIOS)

When I try and boot it, I get as far as the "Darwin x86" screen. After going to boot: -s, it goes to a fully black screen, suspends for a moment, and restarts. What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix it?

Psychopath,

I got similar experince. Finally, I just move the not related video driver to backup folder as the instruction stated in the first page:

All you have to do is just press F8 at Darwin's prompt and then type -s (single user mode) then

at root type mount -uw /

and /movevideodrivers

For my case, I use ATI1650, so I move all non-ATI driver. And work now.

My PC's config is as below:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+

2.00 GHZ, 1 GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce 6200

VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter

240 GB (160+80 GB) HDD

I am trying to install the Kalyway 10.5.2 osx86 on the 80 GB HDD. I smoothly land up on the installation screen where there is an option of language selection. But neither my mouse nor the keyboard work. I have logitech wireless mouse and keyboard combo. So I cannot proceed further. Is it because they are not supported or is there any other reason?