Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

Keyboard/trackpad not working with this on a Vostro 1700. It works during installer and in single user mode, usb mouse and keyboard work. Any suggestions? I am going to try and dig out some of the kext's that are probably overwritten during install.

at the acer 5220 Ive only deleted the appleacpips2nub.kext. after that mouse and keyboard works... dont forget backup ;)

Anybody try to run Leo4All or Kalyway 10.5.1 / 10.5.2 on Fujitsu Siemens Celsius R640 with success?

On Leo4All I've got problem - Kernel Panic. Imperiex told me to run few commands at Darwin prompt:

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw

mount -a -w

mv /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext /tmp

reboot

This commands works on Kalyway 10.5.1 but when I update with combo update pack to 10.5.2 it crash, and I've got gray splash with information that I have to restart computer.

I've got Nvidia NVS 440 video card, at thats what Mac shows in SystemPreferences:

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x1

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x014a

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

I was trying to instal NVidia Installer v41 but it doesn't help. The only thing that change, is that it shows that what kext is loaded.

Thanks for help!

gRosziu

Ok to update everyone on what I have been doing. I am trying to integrate a few more of the Apple updates. I will also change out the AppleIntelItegratedFramebuffer for those that are getting a blue screen. The thing I need to know, what option are you using with laptops that your keyboard is not working? I know the Vanilla kernel option is working with PS2 since my laptop is working fine after install. Are you guys having issues when choosing netkas kernel? It copies a different ACPIPlatform and PS2nub for the keyboard that should be working. I will try to test this some more today.

Here is a picture of a fresh install.

post-170453-1206024600_thumb.jpg

I finally got it all setup but am experiencing another problem now. I used it for a couple of hours last night and then got up this morning to see if it was still up, shook the mouse, checked out my dashboard, then when I went to open up another window the screen turned blue. So I've got some blue screen problem again, I had the same issue with the AMD 10.5.2 EFI release and I thought it was video drivers but after trying all the drivers I wasn't able to fix it. And it seems when it does go away I can't get ci/qe. Any ideas? Besides logmein not working this seems to be the only other problem I notice.

I finally got it all setup but am experiencing another problem now. I used it for a couple of hours last night and then got up this morning to see if it was still up, shook the mouse, checked out my dashboard, then when I went to open up another window the screen turned blue. So I've got some blue screen problem again, I had the same issue with the AMD 10.5.2 EFI release and I thought it was video drivers but after trying all the drivers I wasn't able to fix it. And it seems when it does go away I can't get ci/qe. Any ideas? Besides logmein not working this seems to be the only other problem I notice.

Is this sleep related? what video card?

Is this sleep related? what video card?

Stupid me, Nvidia 7600 GT and I don't believe it is sleep related though I do have the monitor go to sleep after 20 mins, everything else I turned off. Also when I had the problem before I could remote into the system and still use it with Apple Remote Desktop. I also discovered that when I unplugged my dvi cable and reconnected it the video came back but the text was squished and unreadable. I noticed that it didn't detect a monitor in system profiler when I remoted in.

Im not at the machine now but I'll try turning the monitor sleep off tonight and see if that resolves it. After typing it all out it seems like that could be the issue. :P

I really appreciate your help and prompt responses!

Stupid me, Nvidia 7600 GT and I don't believe it is sleep related though I do have the monitor go to sleep after 20 mins, everything else I turned off.

Did the drivers you installed include the Framework? If so you may need to run Marvin's Utility again. Just run it and scan /System/Library

I am giving up on integrating Safari 3.1 with next update. It works fine even shows it is 3.1, but Software Updates still wants to install it again.

Did the drivers you installed include the Framework? If so you may need to run Marvin's Utility again. Just run it and scan /System/Library

I am giving up on integrating Safari 3.1 with next update. It works fine even shows it is 3.1, but Software Updates still wants to install it again.

Sorry for my ignorance but how do I know if it included the framework? When I installed initially I selected 10.5.2 kexts and 256mb nvidia.

Thank eddie11c for the nice workI install on my dell latitude D630 and it work.When I try to login to root (su), I would not login (wrong password).What is the default password?
If you setup the account with passwrd root in single user mode, it is whatever you set it to. The command passwrd root sets the default user name to root, then it prompts you for a new password. If you don't know what you typed don't fret. Just reboot and do it again, it will re-reset the password.
Sorry for my ignorance but how do I know if it included the framework? When I installed initially I selected 10.5.2 kexts and 256mb nvidia.
If you only installed the drivers from the DVD you should be ok, if you installed from elsewhere usually they include the Framework. To be safe just run Marvin's Utility creating a patcher.

Eddie11C, What are you going to do about the Wiki. Have you decided? =))

Many are coming to me saying that osx86leo4all looks more reasonable. Let me know. Thanks.

I hope you read my previous message about the admin situation. Clears things up.

eddie when will u release the ppf 2 patch ?

I need to do some more testing to make sure everything is working. I had to remove the /Extensions folder to free some space and want to make sure that PS2controller/PS2Nub and ACPIPlatform are playing nicely.

Whats new:

Security update 2008-002

Quicktime 7.4.1 Update

Time Machine Update

New option for Vanilla 9.2.2 kernel(Intel Only)

New ATI kexts for 3870X2/3870/3850/2600XT/2600PRO

Improved RemoveVideo script.

Fixed System Profiler

Older AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext to help some people.

You running an older P4? I have an old laptop I was messing around with that does the same thing. It is an issue with the CPU not being compatible with the kernel. All the modified kernels are SSE2/SSE3 but older P4's that are SSE2 have issues. Your best bet is using an older Tiger release if you want OSX.

Eddie, Do you think this is the case with older AMD 64 3000+ CPU's?? I ran CPUz and is shows that my CPU supports MMX, SSE, SSE2, os86.

I have the same problem, no matter who's disk i use it just keeps rebooting my machine during the install from DVD to HD.

AMD 64 3000+ Socket 754

Foxxonn WinFast 760GXK8MB SIS 760GX

Geforce 7300 GT

Maxtor SATA 100 GIG HD

1 Gig DDR 400 Ram

Eddie, Do you think this is the case with older AMD 64 3000+ CPU's?? I ran CPUz and is shows that my CPU supports MMX, SSE, SSE2, os86.

I have the same problem, no matter who's disk i use it just keeps rebooting my machine during the install from DVD to HD.

AMD 64 3000+ Socket 754

Foxxonn WinFast 760GXK8MB SIS 760GX

Geforce 7300 GT

Maxtor SATA 100 GIG HD

1 Gig DDR 400 Ram

Ya that would be my guess. I don't know what exactly the root of the problem is yet, still trying to research this.

The new RemoveVideo is working. Now you choose what kind of video card to remove.

post-170453-1206035109_thumb.jpg

Eddie11C, What are you going to do about the Wiki. Have you decided? =))Many are coming to me saying that osx86leo4all looks more reasonable. Let me know. Thanks. I hope you read my previous message about the admin situation. Clears things up.EDDIE11C, PLEASE ADD SAFARI 3.1 IN THE UPDATED PPF AS WELL. THANK YOU. :unsure::D:yoji: :yoji: :yoji: :yoji: :yoji: :yoji: :yoji: :yoji: :yoji: :yoji:

Ok to update everyone on what I have been doing. I am trying to integrate a few more of the Apple updates. I will also change out the AppleIntelItegratedFramebuffer for those that are getting a blue screen. The thing I need to know, what option are you using with laptops that your keyboard is not working? I know the Vanilla kernel option is working with PS2 since my laptop is working fine after install. Are you guys having issues when choosing netkas kernel? It copies a different ACPIPlatform and PS2nub for the keyboard that should be working. I will try to test this some more today.

Here is a picture of a fresh install.

post-170453-1206024600_thumb.jpg

Nice install. It installs easily from an IDE DVD drive. However, when installing from a partition on a GUID disk (which is the way I prefer things as it's faster than using a DVD drive) the USB keyboard/mouse driver doesn't load. Odd. Any ideas on how to force it. You get to the first screen where you have to click continue and of course I can't!

By the way, I just restored the DVD to a partition and then made the partition bootable.

ls

Eddie

Just registered to say great job and to post my specs.

Shuttle SG31

Chipset Intel G31 + ICH7

CPU C2D 6550 (stock clock)

MEM 4 GB

Video XFX 7800 gt

Sound HD Azalia - ALC 882

DVD LG SH-s183L Sata

Dual booting, for now, Vista Enterprise 64 and Leo4ALL (YES)

I did have the fonts corruption issues after the monitor went to sleep, only way to fix was rebooting.

Since this is the first time I'm able to use OSX86 on a pc, I have no idea in how to edit or add ktext or the planned patch to the ISO.

Do you have plans in releasing a new, full patched DVD?

Anyway, again, great job and thanks for the efforts

HI, How can I install Epson Printer drivers on my Leo4all intall?

Beside this and resolution change support for my ATI 9600 card. everything is working great!

Tanks for this release and for any clue on the Epson printer driver issue.

Ricren

Ok after some more testing I have decided I need to do some more testing. The system loads with the modified Netkas kernel fine and all the updates, but I do notice a small delay. This delay does not occur with a Vanilla kernel so I need to investigate this some more. May be due to the older System.kext, too early to say for sure. I can not include the Safari update, for whatever reason even though it installs fine. You can boot into the freshly installed OS, software updates still wants you to install it. I have checked all the files it writes to the drive and have been unable to get it to work as intended. This update is safe anyways, so I will leave it for everyone to do on their own.

Now as far as your issue lstep, I am not sure why it is not working for you. It works fine for me doing similar installs from my drive. I don't have much time to mess with this right now. Have some other issues I need to work on first. If you have a working isntall you can always try swapping out USB kexts. Just make sure you fix the permissions and that they are dependent to the right file versions.

grtitan maybe try differnt Video kext's. Thats the only thing I can think of. I am running the ones from the DVD on my 8800GTS right now and have no issues at all. Monitor was in standby before I started posting this and woke up without issue.

I will worry about the wiki thing later when I have more time.

thanx for that update. great effort. =)

Ok after some more testing I have decided I need to do some more testing. The system loads with the modified Netkas kernel fine and all the updates, but I do notice a small delay. This delay does not occur with a Vanilla kernel so I need to investigate this some more. May be due to the older System.kext, too early to say for sure. I can not include the Safari update, for whatever reason even though it installs fine. You can boot into the freshly installed OS, software updates still wants you to install it. I have checked all the files it writes to the drive and have been unable to get it to work as intended. This update is safe anyways, so I will leave it for everyone to do on their own. Now as far as your issue lstep, I am not sure why it is not working for you. It works fine for me doing similar installs from my drive. I don't have much time to mess with this right now. Have some other issues I need to work on first. If you have a working isntall you can always try swapping out USB kexts. Just make sure you fix the permissions and that they are dependent to the right file versions.grtitan maybe try differnt Video kext's. Thats the only thing I can think of. I am running the ones from the DVD on my 8800GTS right now and have no issues at all. Monitor was in standby before I started posting this and woke up without issue.I will worry about the wiki thing later when I have more time.
eddie11c, do you have any plans for making a modified kernel 9.2.2? or is that job being left to ToH?