Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

This distro kicks ass!!!!

I love all the options that are available, like the audio & latest video drivers during install.

I didn't need to do practically any post-install removal/addition of kexts. This distro even allows me

to set my HDDs as IDE instead of AHCI & I don't get KPs above 3GB RAM usage!!! YES!!! :P

I was using Kalyway 10.5.1 & was very happy with it, but Leo4All is even better. THANK YOU!!!

I was planning on putting together my own distro based on my own hardware/kext needs, but now

I don't have to. All I did after install was add drivers for my Brother printer & I was ready to roll.

Even my 8800GTS 512MB vid card is acting normal for now (was giving me boot/startup scrambled

graphics on occasion).

THANK YOU!!!

Does it show Audio information?
You would have to modify it yourself to show audio. Each person would have to modify it themselves to show correctly.
This distro kicks ass!!!!I love all the options that are available, like the audio & latest video drivers during install.I didn't need to do practically any post-install removal/addition of kexts. This distro even allows meto set my HDDs as IDE instead of AHCI & I don't get KPs above 3GB RAM usage!!! YES!!! :P I was using Kalyway 10.5.1 & was very happy with it, but Leo4All is even better. THANK YOU!!!I was planning on putting together my own distro based on my own hardware/kext needs, but nowI don't have to. All I did after install was add drivers for my Brother printer & I was ready to roll.Even my 8800GTS 512MB vid card is acting normal for now (was giving me boot/startup scrambledgraphics on occasion).THANK YOU!!!
I have the same card, EFI-GFX string is where its at. Sometimes I get a graphic glitch when certain programs first open otherwise.

Just insanely curious eddie, will you release a patch to have this boot with the regular darwin bootloader? Is it possible?

Mostly curious cuz this is the only way it is going to work for a p4 like mine, and I dont feel like wasting HDD space with an ISO or time, which as we know, we cant get back :P

Just insanely curious eddie, will you release a patch to have this boot with the regular darwin bootloader? Is it possible?

Mostly curious cuz this is the only way it is going to work for a p4 like mine, and I dont feel like wasting HDD space with an ISO or time, which as we know, we cant get back :)

Well that won't happen until someone releases a kernel for 10.5.2 that works without EFI. So far that has not happened.

I am making a few more fixes, adding better support for ATI cards, will try out the new AppleSMBIOS and if people want it I will make another patch. Seems so quick but with so much feedback this may be easiest way to resolve issues for everyone. So if there is something you want to see on the DVD, now is the time to speak up.

Well that won't happen until someone releases a kernel for 10.5.2 that works without EFI. So far that has not happened.

I am making a few more fixes, adding better support for ATI cards, will try out the new AppleSMBIOS and if people want it I will make another patch. Seems so quick but with so much feedback this may be easiest way to resolve issues for everyone. So if there is something you want to see on the DVD, now is the time to speak up.

Can you add in printer drivers ? (I have a Brother printer - yes, I'm being selfish)

I think adding in the latest NATIT that supports HD 3870 would be great also.

Why not the iATKOS v3 release? That boots fine, because of course it offers the regular darwin bootloader.
As I said Leopard 10.5.2 uses kernel version 9.2.0. There is not a kernel of this version that is supported without EFI. I don't know the specifics of the v3 release of iAtkos but I assume its using 9.1.0 which is for Leopard 10.5.1. The kernels for this version support non EFI installs.
Can you add in printer drivers ? (I have a Brother printer - yes, I'm being selfish)I think adding in the latest NATIT that supports HD 3870 would be great also.
I do not have enough room to add the printer drivers. I could add the cups drivers maybe. But alot of printers won't work with these anyways. My Laserjet won't for example.

As I said Leopard 10.5.2 uses kernel version 9.2.0. There is not a kernel of this version that is supported without EFI. I don't know the specifics of the v3 release of iAtkos but I assume its using 9.1.0 which is for Leopard 10.5.1. The kernels for this version support non EFI installs.I do not have enough room to add the printer drivers. I could add the cups drivers maybe. But alot of printers won't work with these anyways. My Laserjet won't for example.

Would you be willing to make a 2nd PPF update - for those who may be will to burn to a dual-layer DVD, which could then have all the printer drivers

and languages?

Also, can you add KextHelper?

Thanks.

Its funny how eddie11c's release consumed exactly 4.38gb (maximum capacity on my disk). What a coincidence, but a beautiful job well done! =)

Can you add in printer drivers ? (I have a Brother printer - yes, I'm being selfish)

I think adding in the latest NATIT that supports HD 3870 would be great also.

Also, it may be my imagination but Leo4All seems to run faster than Kalyway. Of course I had 10.5.1 installed with Kalyway & now

I have 10.5.2 with graphics update with Leo4All.

Ok burning another copy now to do some final testing on.

This will include updated ATI drivers for: 3870, 3850, 2600XT, 2600PRO

The newest AppleSMBIOS.

Added Guten Printer Drivers. Generic print drivers that work for some.

I added VLC and kexthelper to the apps.

Fixed the Profiler not showing everything for some. This will probably be my last update to the ISO unless something horribly wrong happens. The DVD is completely full now. I may check into making a dual layer DVD at some time so I can add whatever I feel like.

Ok for those missing information in profiler try this.

Profiler_Fix.zip

Awesome thanks, I'll check it out when I get home. If it doesnt work I'll just pop back to non PPF version re-install then pull the vidcard drivers from the new disk.

Thanks again for the awesome support.

Now all i have to do is find a way to get a biger partition for Leo...Vista is soo greedy :)

Will it be uploaded to FTP or on torrent?

I think you are doing an amazing job. Since this should be your Last and final release will you be considering taking off the -v verbose mode as default boot mode?

A dual layer in the future would be neat. Add as many open source applications as possible. Your release defeats them all!

Great job once again. This is the most problem-free release I have ever experienced.

=)

Ok burning another copy now to do some final testing on.

This will include updated ATI drivers for: 3870, 3850, 2600XT, 2600PRO

The newest AppleSMBIOS.

Added Guten Printer Drivers. Generic print drivers that work for some.

I added VLC and kexthelper to the apps.

Fixed the Profiler not showing everything for some. This will probably be my last update to the ISO unless something horribly wrong happens. The DVD is completely full now. I may check into making a dual layer DVD at some time so I can add whatever I feel like.

@eddie11c: one question mate, does the new ppf2 you are making, could be applied over the already patched iso? or just over the original one? (tell me it could be applied over the already patched one pls.)

respect.

Hopefully it will work over the patched. I will try at least.

Thank you! You are the man...=)

Hopefully it will work over the patched. I will try at least.

Ok so far the things that are definately working now with the latest changes:

Profiler is working as intended now for everyone.

Fixed a kernel panic some people were getting with ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.

Changed the RemoveVideo script to include natit and NVinject.

Removed some kexts that were redundant from the /Extensions and Extensions.mkext. Should see less "Skipping x because a newer or same version already is loaded" message.

Added the GIMP printer drivers.

Added kexthelper and VLC to applications.

I may wait till tomorrow before finalizing changes, may try to integrate a couple more things, which means you will most likely lose the Extensions folder to free some space. Will have to wait and see.

i couldn't qoute,

iATKOS v3 or what ever is s*ck like hell on my spec's

this release is kick ass great, sound, chipset, and allot of leopard future working

Before you install make a disk NTFS in windows XP or Vista,

Than run the DVD. For the guess that have problems after downloading burn it 1x or 2x on a Ric DVD,

Let the installer run your dvd. Don't cancel the first option.

My bios is facorty installed i didn't make any big changes

Greets,

Demoned

eddie, you are already a admin of osx86leo4all.wikidot.com, what happened? I am very sorry it took so long, but I wasn't able to log in for some reason.I just wanted to let you know eddie11c, that I've been promoting your release for a while now since last week, telling them my successful install, and so many are coming to me for a download. How great is that, =) I hope you understood my previous problem. Thanks buddy.

Is there some way to fix all the many:

Permissions differ .....

Warning: SUID file ...

that scroll past when running Repair Disk Permissions. I know they don't mean much but it is still an annoyance. Was this disk made from 10.5 and not 10.5.1, which was supposed to fix these things?

So far this is the only release that's even gotten to the install for me, so thanks :P

One problem though, when I go to disk utility to format the partition I created on a blank hard drive using the diskpart method it doesn't show up, all that does is my install cd and my flash drive...

Also, during the bootup I noticed AppleNForceATA fails, if that has any relevance.

Keyboard/trackpad not working with this on a Vostro 1700. It works during installer and in single user mode, usb mouse and keyboard work. Any suggestions? I am going to try and dig out some of the kext's that are probably overwritten during install.

After booting with DVD I got blue screen! :wacko:

Using this guide I also have blue screen AFTER successful installing, but replacing AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext all is OK.I don't know how to replace kext in iso, or how to boot differently...

Lenovo ThinkPad R60

Intel Core Duo processor T5500

Video Intel 950

Keyboard/trackpad not working with this on a Vostro 1700. It works during installer and in single user mode, usb mouse and keyboard work. Any suggestions? I am going to try and dig out some of the kext's that are probably overwritten during install.
Try to get ApplePS2Controller.kext (from install DVD) and AppleACPIPlatform.kext and insert into your /System/Library/Extensions booting with -s