Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

OK the DVD is finished as far as I can tell, barring any unforeseen issues. Will post full notes later for all the changes, there were quite a few! I removed the option for the older AppleACPIPlatform, as that is now the default for Netkas kernel. There was another version floating around 1.0.5 that was causing problems with the latest updates. This would have only effected Intel machines running it, as part of the AMD fix was using the older version. This should also fix the problems some were having with their laptop keyboards not functioning properly after installation(Keeps fingers crossed). Will figure out later tonight if this can be done via a patch or if a new ISO is more appropriate. I am hoping a patch will do, but will have to wait and see.

You need to check your BIOS for ACPI. It is getting [s0] which is not compatible. You need to set the state to [s3].

I don't know when or if he plans on making a 9.2.2 kernel. The system is running fine with all the updates on his 9.2.0 kernel, just as snappy as ever.

Hi eddie11c,

how do you do that in the BIOS, what is ACPI?

Eddie, your are a genius.

I installed your release without making custom install/drivers on an Intel D945GCPE and it worked right away even with my ps2 keyboard and mouse. Terrific.

I added the Apple graphic update afterwords and now I have fill QE/CI with the onbard gma950.

The only issue I have to fix is the missing resolution switch with gma950 - right now I have 1024*768 - and I have to add a driver for onboard audio (Realtek ALC662 ). Then I am done! Just perfect. Booting time is also amazing fast.

The only issue I experienced was some kind of slow down when osx was up but not used for quite a while. When you then start to use osx again - e.g. to start Safari - then the system is somehow quite unresponsive - comparable to a windows system with a 100% cpu load. A restart fixed it. But I think I maybe use the wrong kernel and this slow down is conected to the sleep/wake up problem that is mentioned all over the place in this board.

Anyway, fantastic work! Keep going. I look forward to you second patch and I hope that Leo4all will also run the new nforce boards with integrated geforce 8200 graphics since Intel based desktop boards with X3100 don't work as far as I read in the forums.

Eddie, have the permissions errors been cleaned up in this update to be? I dont know if it is an issue on stability (having un-repaired permissions), but I still have about 50+ permissions that cannot be repaired. System runs well, but it still bugs me having those permission errors. For me, the first release and the updated version have those issues. Maybe it is just me though. If there is a way to manually repair them, I would try that. Good work though, on the release. It was an easy install. scott

Thanks buddy. :)

OK the DVD is finished as far as I can tell, barring any unforeseen issues. Will post full notes later for all the changes, there were quite a few! I removed the option for the older AppleACPIPlatform, as that is now the default for Netkas kernel. There was another version floating around 1.0.5 that was causing problems with the latest updates. This would have only effected Intel machines running it, as part of the AMD fix was using the older version. This should also fix the problems some were having with their laptop keyboards not functioning properly after installation(Keeps fingers crossed). Will figure out later tonight if this can be done via a patch or if a new ISO is more appropriate. I am hoping a patch will do, but will have to wait and see.

Eddie: Is there anyway to install the patch without erasing my current system? <-- this is the quick answer

Long problem:

Japanese is not working on leo4all (input/kotoeri)

Everything is working beautifully except I can't get japanese characters to convert into Kanji (a few people have expressed this problem.)

Is there anyway to fix this after I have already installed and setup? I would hate to go through it again.

I have downloaded the ppf, so if I can manually install these bits, any info would be helpful.

thanks,

dave

Ok to try and cover a few of the questions.

I added an option for the stock 10.5.2 kexts with natit for GMA950 users. It is under graphics options.

I moved when AsianLanguagesSupport installed to correct a bug in the original install package that would not write properly. I was told these were the files needed for the missing Japanese languages. Alternately you may be able to install just that package post install to resolve your problem, but this method is untested.

Medo there is no guarantee that the drivers will work for you, they work for some and not others. Some Nvidia cards require certain versions of NVinject to work. I updated the drivers with the patch before for better compatibility but some cards still won't work. If they don't work for you, your best bet is in the driver forums here.

The permissions issue can not be resolved, I did not have the 10.5.2 retail DVD to use, so the updates are slipstreamed during the install. SUID has no bearing on wether the system is working perfectly or not. It is a bug introduced by apple, and I am not gonna waste time on fixing something that isn't broken to begin with.

Thanks for the update. Since the updates are being slipstreamed, will a iso be required, or a simple ppf will do?

Ok to try and cover a few of the questions.

I added an option for the stock 10.5.2 kexts with natit for GMA950 users. It is under graphics options.

I moved when AsianLanguagesSupport installed to correct a bug in the original install package that would not write properly. I was told these were the files needed for the missing Japanese languages. Alternately you may be able to install just that package post install to resolve your problem, but this method is untested.

Medo there is no guarantee that the drivers will work for you, they work for some and not others. Some Nvidia cards require certain versions of NVinject to work. I updated the drivers with the patch before for better compatibility but some cards still won't work. If they don't work for you, your best bet is in the driver forums here.

The permissions issue can not be resolved, I did not have the 10.5.2 retail DVD to use, so the updates are slipstreamed during the install. SUID has no bearing on wether the system is working perfectly or not. It is a bug introduced by apple, and I am not gonna waste time on fixing something that isn't broken to begin with.

Hello. Installed Leo4All, boots, no video problems (it seems), BUT - after displaying the "flying welcomes" movie, it asks for mouse and keyboard, saying it doesn't detect any. I have an USB mouse, and it detects that. The problem is that it doesn't want to detect the keyboard. It searches for it over and over again and it doesn't let me go through with the account creation (which I suspect is the following thing that I should do).

This happens on my HP 6720s notebook (core 2 duo 1.6, intel gma x3100, sata hdd, sata dvdrw). Any ideas?

This is a simple fix, use both a PS/2 keyboard and mouse or both a USB keyboard and mouse. I had this issue a while back and found that using the PS/2 interface for both devices did the trick.

-jason

I would still recommend in using a USB mouse and keyboard so PS/2 won't give you further problems in the future. Mac is built for solely USB devices nowadays, thats why I strongly suggest you purchase or find one although the kexts are already properly configured to run after you install the DVD. =)

This is a simple fix, use both a PS/2 keyboard and mouse or both a USB keyboard and mouse. I had this issue a while back and found that using the PS/2 interface for both devices did the trick.

-jason

-jason

This was a bug on my part I think, If he installed Netkas kernel on a non AMD machine, it would use a different ACPIPlatform, which would then require a different PS2Nub version. I corrected this I hope :angel:

Hi eddie ....i finnaly downloaded your realease and patched it now I am still facing the same problem that I was facing with the other one i.e something about VIAATA and some thing about IRQ 14 then it tells me waiting for root device and then it says something about IRQ 15 and then keeps saying waiting for root device, it was also saying something about my usb mouse not being able tio stop within 100ms , but disableing usb 2.0 in my bios did the trick...now would i need a completely blank unformatted HDD or will one that has something on it will do? Sorry for asking a noob question ...but what the hell, I am a noob to this....this is my 1st time....I get a lil shy ;) ....lol....pls help....hugely appreciate it.....the slave part of it still exists....haha...

btw what exactly am i supposed to type for the amd fix also for selecting IDE ...at the boot console.....sorry again for being a noob...:P

post-202568-1206240405_thumb.jpg

post-202568-1206240486_thumb.jpg

My Cofig:MB: ASUS K8VM, Chipset: VIA, Proc: AMD Athlon 64 3000+, RAM: 2GB Transcend, HDD: 1x80 GB Samsung + 1x160 GB Seagate (both IDE), Mouse/Tablet: USB Mouse = WACOM Intous TABLET, KEYB: Logitech PS/2 Basic Keyb, Graphics CARD: Nvdia 5200 256 MB (which get dtected during install): ...I didnt get the part about device ID....where can i find it in windows? in the device manager for my processor i get "acpi\authenticamd_._x86_family_model_4"...if thts wat u mean an dthe one for the 'System Board' or ' Motherboard Resources' I get "ACPI\PNP0C02"

Installed perfectly using the defaults ..even used the apple updater ..everything installed as if I had a legitimate OXS...

First time I actually got to boot OSX from a hard drive ..The other ones (KY.. IT) would always need the iso in the drive to boot ..

My video card is a nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS.. when I used that video option (NVIDEA 512) during install the first time I wound up with a black screen...after bootup..

Any help on enabling my video card..

My Cofig:MB: ASUS K8VM, Chipset: VIA, Proc: AMD Athlon 64 3000+, RAM: 2GB Transcend, HDD: 1x80 GB Samsung + 1x160 GB Seagate (both IDE), Mouse/Tablet: USB Mouse = WACOM Intous TABLET, KEYB: Logitech PS/2 Basic Keyb, Graphics CARD: Nvdia 5200 256 MB (which get dtected during install): ...I didnt get the part about device ID....where can i find it in windows? in the device manager for my processor i get "acpi\authenticamd_._x86_family_model_4"...if thts wat u mean an dthe one for the 'System Board' or ' Motherboard Resources' I get "ACPI\PNP0C02"
Look for your IDE and/or SATA controllers in Windows and get the device ID.

Ok PPFv2 is complete. This one looks like it will patch right on top of the old one, but am unsure if I should do that or just post a new ISO. What does everyone think?

Ok PPFv2 is complete. This one looks like it will patch right on top of the old one, but am unsure if I should do that or just post a new ISO. What does everyone think?

I also vote for a new ISO to go onto the Black Pearl. :D

Great work eddie.

Ok if all goes well I will throw a new ISO up tomorrow. Tonight will just be the patch, I am tired and dont have enough time to get it set up.

Here are the notes for the update, you can decide if you want it or not.

This patch will bring Leo4Allv1 to Leo4Allv2. You must have a patched ISO already with the MD5: 293f82f9624eadd49baee70e19d68adc

New Leo4All.ISO MD5 checksum after applying the patch should be:

6d4e68afb3486baec03b446fb0a5d711

Changes/Fixes:

Improved ATI and GMA950 graphics support with updated kexts. There are some new options here so take a look. For ATI I added new installers for 2600PRO/2600XT/3850/3870/3870X2. Now GMA950 has an option that will install Vanilla 10.5.2 kexts and Natit.

Updated the RemoveVideo script, now it will ask you what type of video card so it only removes the corresponding kexts. Simply boot into single user mode with the bootflag -s at the Darwin prompt. Type:

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

./RemoveVideo

Follow the prompt to choose type of card.

Then type exit to continue booting.

Corrected an issue with some PS2 keyboards on laptops not working(I hope)

Added the latest Time Machine and Security Updates into the installer.

Added Quicktime 7.4.1 update.

Added option to choose Vanilla 9.2.2 kernel.

Updated AppleSMBIOS to latest version by Netkas.

Removed APIC option(Now the installer uses this older ACPIPlatform and AppleAPIC by default)

Added new Applications: Unison, Pacifist, KextHelper

Added support for some Marvell PATA chipsets, for those ICH9 users that requested it. Choose the ICHx fixed IOATAFamily.kext

System Profiler should be working as intended now for everyone.

By request I changed out the AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Modified the default ACL package, this may speed the install a little for some. It is down to under 15 minutes total for me!

Other various fixes/tweaks that I don't remember off hand.

Ok before I could include this I need to know what your ID's were and what files you added them to.

I am still hard at work on the update. I am trying to figure out how to squeeze a few more things on the DVD. All the ATI drivers are updated on the DVD, so you should be safe to install them.

Noc what is the device ID of you card? perhaps it is different than what I was told before. 0x95051002 is what I was told the 3850 was. If yours is different let me know and I will add it.

IDs for intel DG33FB are as:

Intel integrated GMA3100

Intel integrated Relteak HD Audio ID= 10EC0888 (ALC888)

Intel integrated Network 82566 DC-2 Gigabit ID = 294C8086

Marvell Pata Controller ID = 610111ab

ICH9 (2 PORT) ID = 29268086

ICH9 (4 PORT) ID = 29208086

AND

nVidia 8500GT 256MB ID = 042110DE

ok .... in IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers there are three i.e.,.....

1) Primary IDE Channel: "PCIIDE\IDECHANNEL\4&3A273386&0&0",

2) Secondary IDE Channel: "PCIIDE\IDECHANNEL\4&3A273386&0&1",

3) VIA BUS MASTER IDE CONTROLLER: "PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_0571&SUBSYS_80ED1043&REV_06\3&267A616A&0&79"

and in RAID Controllers:

1) Via SATA Raid Controller: "PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3149&SUBSYS_80ED1043&REV_80\3&267A616A&0&78"

2) SCSI/RAID Host Controller: "ACPI\PNPA000\4&5D18F2DF&0"

but i have no sata drives connected... i want to use my ide drives....