Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

hey eddie ....been reading a lot of the stuff in forums here .....i have downloaed your Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI but i cant get it to work....keeps saying the very much hated 'waitng for root device' after saying something about VIAATA , VIA 8237....grrr...:rolleyes: I REALLY WANT THIS THING TO WORK....lol hey eddie man pls help out, i wil be your slave if you want it...(jk, dont take that too seriously ;) ).....my config is below.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+

MB: Asus K8VM

Ram: 2 GB Transcend

HDD: 80 GB Samsung + 160 GB Seagate

DVD: Sony Dual Layer DVD Writer, SAMSUNG DVD Writer

Power Supply:500W

GPU: Nvdia 5200 256MB

Lan Onboard.

Sound: On board SoundMAX

KEYBoard & Mouse: Logitech PS/2, WACOM Intous TABLET, Basic USB Mouse

post-202568-1206113016_thumb.jpg

post-202568-1206113078_thumb.jpg

Lol, buddy thats Zephyroth's release. Visit osx.kbot.de and ask your questions there. :P

Well I am not even sure you are loading my release, as it is not called Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI.

Yup everything other than sound is working perfectly now.I have the Sigmatel 9227 and HDA patcher doesn't seem to work with it.I've heard it could be due to me having the HD3850 and that's the only thing I haven't figured out yet, but I'm working on it ;)

Try using the 1.6 version and this codec dump. I dumped this codec out of linux and it works great, however it only worked using the 1.6 and 1.5 version of the HDA Patcher.

codec.txt

Well everything has been working great w/ Leo4All. Last thing i need to get working in the DVD/CDRW drive. The weird part is that if i use the bootloader off the DVD to boot the system via rd=disk0s4, once the system boots I can see the DVD sitting on the desktop. If I boot normally any disk I throw in the drive doesn't show up and the drive access light just keeps blinking for a long while. Some times I cant eject the disk anymore without rebooting, and others the auto-play comes up saying that the disk is a blank CD or DVD. Here a profiler shot of the drive.

post-200201-1206125151_thumb.png

Try using the 1.6 version and this codec dump. I dumped this codec out of linux and it works great, however it only worked using the 1.6 and 1.5 version of the HDA Patcher.

codec.txt

Well everything has been working great w/ Leo4All. Last thing i need to get working in the DVD/CDRW drive. The weird part is that if i use the bootloader off the DVD to boot the system via rd=disk0s4, once the system boots I can see the DVD sitting on the desktop. If I boot normally any disk I throw in the drive doesn't show up and the drive access light just keeps blinking for a long while. Some times I cant eject the disk anymore without rebooting, and others the auto-play comes up saying that the disk is a blank CD or DVD. Here a profiler shot of the drive.

post-200201-1206125151_thumb.png

You officially rock.

Now every single thing works on this PC without fail

Thank you to eddie and to Reality

Hey Eddie. Great job man, im downloading as we speak :) But i would like to know one thing.

- My asrock 775i65 doesnt support AHCI and on previous 10.5.1 install's (Kalyway, iATKOS) i simply cannot use my big SATA drive. My question : will my SATA drive now work?

Hey Eddie. Great job man, im downloading as we speak :) But i would like to know one thing.

- My asrock 775i65 doesnt support AHCI and on previous 10.5.1 install's (Kalyway, iATKOS) i simply cannot use my big SATA drive. My question : will my SATA drive now work?

It should work as long as AHCI is off, which it would be by default for you. But only time will tell for sure.

Now onto a question, has anyone that is not using the stock kernel done the Time Machine updates? If so how was your boot time after?

Ok the AMD portion is working as intended again. Here is my AMD machine up and running, with most of the udpates applied. There are 3 that you will have to do yourself. The Airport Utility, Safari and iLife Support. They are fairly small and none should have adverse effects on anyones systems. All i need to do is a couple minor tweaks but should have the patch ready tonight. Hopefully it will work without me having to redo the whole ISO as I ended up making lots of changes to included the newest updates.

post-170453-1206140548_thumb.jpg

does this run on VMWare?

I have Leo4All with the PPF1 Patch, will it install successfully on VMWare?

I know there are ways of getting it to run through VMWare, but I don't know the specifics. So don't count on getting it to work.

Hi, eddie. First thing, thank u for the Leo4ALL.

I downloaded it last night and try to install. After selecting the Destination, it runs the DVD check and then I get "Install Failed Mac OS X could not locate the data it need to install the software..." Then I had to restart my computer. I only pluged in my IDE 80G-MASTER and DVD-SLAVE when I installed Leo4ALL(try to minize the problem). I used to use IATKOS 1.0i and everything was fine.

motherbord:GIGABYTE 965P-S3(965+ICH8)

CPU: INTEL C2D 4300

RAM: 1G x 2

HD:WD SATA 160G(For windows xp),WD IDE 80G(To install OSX)

GRAPHIC CARD:ATI 1950GT

DVD:PIONEER DVR-107D (IDE)

Could u pls walk me through this? thank u very much.

you could download it at the standard site for releases... (capt. jack sparrow anyone?) :P

eddie11c, this seems to be a promising release. I just hope my onboard Lan will be detected if I try this..

I used to be a Zephyroth 10.5.2 rev 1 user.. Will wait for the latest Leo4all.

Other than that, you seem to be very active. Good job dude!

Thanks in advance. ^_~

Hello eddie11c, your packaged version of osX 10.5.2 is one of the only builds that allows me to boot to the point where I can choose a hard-disk to install to.

Now I read that your version supports nForce based chipset SATA... I have a 160GB SATA AHCI enabled harddisk; I can't disable AHCI for it within the bios because the particular bios for my system is extremely limited as it is a notebook bios. I was wondering if there is a workaround so that the DVD will show my sata based drive and allow me to install to it.

The device ID is 0x055010de for the particular controller in question. Anyway, any hints or tips would be appreciated!

Eddie11c is doing a fastastic job. I've been using his release the most eversince, and have continously updated the Wiki. =)

Nope, it's already on S3. Do you have other suggestion?
You could try updating or rolling back your BIOS. Sometimes that will fix the problem. Maybe you can post some pictures of the advanced power options/cpu options etc.
Hello eddie11c, your packaged version of osX 10.5.2 is one of the only builds that allows me to boot to the point where I can choose a hard-disk to install to. Now I read that your version supports nForce based chipset SATA... I have a 160GB SATA AHCI enabled harddisk; I can't disable AHCI for it within the bios because the particular bios for my system is extremely limited as it is a notebook bios. I was wondering if there is a workaround so that the DVD will show my sata based drive and allow me to install to it.The device ID is 0x055010de for the particular controller in question. Anyway, any hints or tips would be appreciated!
I don't know how AHCI works on Nforce boards, but in general you are limited to two SATA drives in AHCI mode for Leopard. Again if you can post some pics of what options you do have in the BIOS it may help.

My motherboard is Asrock 945gz.

It seems that this release fix the gma950 problem.

I don't have trailing mouse and odd square in Firefox now.

Thanks for eddie11c.

That was caused by the older AppleIntelGMA950.kext and AppleIntegratedFramebuffer. With the next update I included an install option for these :)

newsgroups, being uploaded momentarily. =) Will keep everyone posted. Enjoy.

eddie11c where can i download your leopard?