Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

I got the same problem as jack sparrows's: still waiting for root device.

my motherboard is an Asus M2V with VIA chipset K8T890.

I don't understand why my 500 GB Sata drive is recognized during install, with its 6 partitions, then devices are mounted during Leopard boot, but it's stuck there.

May the problem be in my partition geometry? I have 1 boot primary partition, then 4 ext partitions, then 1 primary partition (OSX here) located at 430 mb... :unsure:

Hi eddie11c!

Thank you for the great release.

It works well on my P5B Deluxe with Core2Duo, but only the EFI-Boot (MBR) install don't work for me. I have a MBR disk with 2 other NTFS partitions on it, i boot it with grub. After reboot i only can boot with boot_v8 file, no other possibility to boot the Leo.

For next patches it would be nice, if there are Extensions for network chips Marvell Yukon 88E8056 and the WLAN Cards with Atheros AR5212 Chipset in it(http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=40317).

F-Didi

Eddy, thank you VERY much for the 2nd patch. I would suggest to add 2 things I had problems with:

1. Driver to quite popular network card Realtek RTL8139

/I had for a quite long time problem with this {censored}, although finally i found the solution at insanelymac.com/

2. Drivers for older ATI AGP cards. I am currently using old, callisto driver for my AGP Ati Radeon 9550/x1050 128MB VRAM [iD: 0x4153] and have no hardware acceleration at all.

Finally, I would like to say that still, under Your fresh install, Mac crashes under Finder (about his Mac), when I try to change language in time settings into Polish.

I have Caleron 2,26GHz and Asrock P4i65G motherboard, 2 sata hdds & dvd room on ide cabel.

Greetings and thank you in advance.

An.

davidbennet,

kotoeri kana-kanji conversions are not working due to a missing set of kotoeri dictionary files in the path:

/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/Support/

If you look at a functioning 10.5.2 system on a Mac with Japanese installed, there is 68.7 MB (71,804,158 bytes of files for 24 items mainly kotoeri dictionaries) in this folder. Copy them across to your hackintosh in the above path, repair permissions and reboot and kotoeri kana-kanji conversions will work.

I personally think a new Patch should do. Instead of patching it over the .iso with the first patch, we can patch it over the original. What do you think? Its not hard to patch. Even Johnny Deep can patch it, lol. =) :whistle:

Ok before I could include this I need to know what your ID's were and what files you added them to.

I am still hard at work on the update. I am trying to figure out how to squeeze a few more things on the DVD. All the ATI drivers are updated on the DVD, so you should be safe to install them.

Noc what is the device ID of you card? perhaps it is different than what I was told before. 0x95051002 is what I was told the 3850 was. If yours is different let me know and I will add it.

Eddie i have HIS ATI Radeon HD 3850 256 mb video card. My Device id is 0x9505

I have an issue with video card driver installs. I have tried 4 different drivers and none of them work except 1.

- Nvidia Installer V1.9 (Works, but getting sluggish performance. I can't run screensavers. No Quartz)

- NVinject Installer v0.1.3 (Did not seem to install anything. Nothing changed)

- NVInstaller v0.41 (Just gave blue screen on boot right before desktop)

- NVInstaller v0.31 (Getting "Debugger called: <panic>" on boot.)

What driver will work nicely for my 8800GTS 320MB with Leo4All??

My sytem config is in signature.

BTW - With Leo4All w/ v1 Patch, I have sound working and no networking. Install went fine with these options:

No Language or translations

Kernel-9.2.0

Chipset Driver:
NForceTest

Audio Driver:
AzaliaAudio

Graphics Driver:
NVinject 320 MB

Network Driver:
Forcedeth driver

Install took 20 minutes. Showed extension errors after getting to the desktop. Ran Extensions-Repair app, than restarted and it was fine.

It doesn"t recognize RAID0 ;)

Eddie i have HIS ATI Radeon HD 3850 256 mb video card. My Device id is 0x9505
Ya that is what I thought, if you install with the new patch applied this should be working now. At least it should be, there seem to be no guarantees with Leopard though.Netkon I took care of that fix already with this patch, alternately I explained via PM's how he could fix it himself without the patch. The files are on the DVD, he just had to reinstall them.For those waiting for a new ISO. I will get it up soon I hope.
It doesn"t recognize RAID0 ;)
Only software Raid will work with Leopard unless you have an approved MAC Raid controller.

I am having trouble installing. I am using an external USB DVD drive. Everthing boots up fine. However,when i want to install the operating system, no hard drive is recognized. Any sugestions. I have a Acer travelmate 2450 with 1.46GHz 2gb RAM, 60GB ATA Harddrive, ATI Mobility Xpress 200m.

Does anybody favor an IRC channel? I can set one up as well if you all like. Eddie11c, you? =)

That would be nice.

THAT'S THE ONE, SIMILAR FILENAME, BUT ODDLY LARGER SIZE. HEY, I'M STILL DOWNLOADING IT. =) :D:thumbsup_anim::D

i have seen a pp2 patch on the usual place is it yours eddie :thumbsup_anim: ? 847 MB ? is it the one ?

hi eddie11c,

do u have any newz about the reboot-issue on sse2/p4 machines?

unfortunately your ppf v2 also reboots :-(

don' know why, but iatkos 1.0ir2 or toh-rc2 releases will boot.

i tried several boot flags but no success.

PLEASE HELP

my sys-config:

Intel P4, 3GHz, 800MHz FSB HT, SSE2 (Northwood)

MSI MS-7048 OEM, 1GB DualChannel RAM, i865 "Springdale"

WLAN (miniPCI, DELL/Broadcom)

Intel ICH5 AC97 w/C-Media CMI9780, LAN

ATI 9800XT, AGP, 128MB VRAM

250GB ATA100-HD, 7200rpm (MAC OS - HFS)

200GB ATA100-HD, 7200rpm (XP/VISTA - NTFS)

Sony IDE DVD-ROM

Pioneer IDE DVD-RW

gtx

sniper

hi eddie11c,

do u have any newz about the reboot-issue on sse2/p4 machines?

unfortunately your ppf v2 also reboots :-(

don' know why, but iatkos 1.0ir2 or toh-rc2 releases will boot.

i tried several boot flags but no success.

PLEASE HELP

my sys-config:

Intel P4, 3GHz, 800MHz FSB HT, SSE2 (Northwood)

MSI MS-7048 OEM, 1GB DualChannel RAM, i865 "Springdale"

WLAN (miniPCI, DELL/Broadcom)

Intel ICH5 AC97 w/C-Media CMI9780, LAN

ATI 9800XT, AGP, 128MB VRAM

250GB ATA100-HD, 7200rpm (MAC OS - HFS)

200GB ATA100-HD, 7200rpm (XP/VISTA - NTFS)

Sony IDE DVD-ROM

Pioneer IDE DVD-RW

gtx

sniper

I have tried many times to isolate this problem. I believe it is EFI related, but not too sure how to fix it. The problem I believe lies with EFI version 8. Unfortunately this is required for my release, so am unable to do anything about it. I still plan on doing more testing though, if I come up with a working solution I will definately let everyone know.

The PPF is large because I changed alot of stuff.

EnchantedPlague the SB200 is not widely supported, but if you post the Device ID's I can make sure they are included, but there are still no guarantees it will work. And just to verify, under disk utility no drives show up? Do you have AHCI or Native mode in your BIOS?

Also could you please post back if you applied that patch and it is working for you. It worked for me, but patches like this can be problematic. That is the reason I will post a full ISO a bit later.

hi i have a as rock1333 core2 quad with a nvidia 8500 gt 512 graphics card

have been trying to put iatkos on as well as kalyway cant get past apple logo ?????

can anyone help

Does anybody know of a Leopard release that supports AMD and doesnt use the AppleNforceATA.kext??? I can install iATKOS 1.0 on my machine but when I try to boot I get a Sigsegv device 0 error. When I try other Leopard releases like Leo4ALL or Leopard 10.5.1 AMD I cant get either one to install becasue they all give me the "Sam Multimedia Read Write Error" right after it trys to run the AppleNforceATA.kext. Is ther a way I can stop the DVD from using this Kext and force it to use the AppleATA Kext??

My Machine

MB: Asus A8n-Sli Priemum Nforce 4

CPU: AMD 4200+ Dual Core

Video: GeForce 7300GT

IDE 60 gig HD and IDE DVD HP 840

For those that are asking for the .iso(with PPF2), I will be uploading the updated file shortly on torrent on my behalf. I have patched the .iso and all looks fine to me. MD5 matches. =) - Cheers