Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

eddie11c, do you have any plans for making a modified kernel 9.2.2? or is that job being left to ToH? thanks

it depends which 3500 you have, 754 or 939? My 939 venice 3500+ has SSE3 instructions. You probably have clawhammer.

I get panic from leo4all 10.5.2 then tried patch ppf v1. still same , I think I should buy amd64 4200+ dual core , now I have old amd64 3500, it has only sse , sse2, , will it work with new cpu for sse3 ?

didn't see that, :D you can get venice for lets say 42 USD now.

939 newcastle see cpuz.htm

Which one, 9.2.2? Has it been distributed already, the patched version?

Ok got the first hurdle over, system is running really fast again with netkas kernel. Will start testing tomorrow on my AMD machine.

I got a kernel panic when trying to install:

kernelpaniccx6.th.jpg

Have tried -f -v and -legacy but no help. My core 2 duo has SSE3 instruction.

You need to check your BIOS for ACPI. It is getting [s0] which is not compatible. You need to set the state to [s3].

Which one, 9.2.2? Has it been distributed already, the patched version?

I don't know when or if he plans on making a 9.2.2 kernel. The system is running fine with all the updates on his 9.2.0 kernel, just as snappy as ever.

That's really good to hear, so after I install that time machine update, I would still have to patch that with Marvin's on my AMD system right?

You need to check your BIOS for ACPI. It is getting [s0] which is not compatible. You need to set the state to [s3].

I don't know when or if he plans on making a 9.2.2 kernel. The system is running fine with all the updates on his 9.2.0 kernel, just as snappy as ever.

I don't suggest doing this method as you will still have problems. It took me quite a while to find the root of one of them. Just be patient for my update. It will do it all for you :)

One quick question Eddie (this might have been answered but this is a long thread).

I have a Dell XPS410 that uses the ICH-8 chipset. Now when I install your distro with PPF1 added onto it it sees my hard drives just fine and it installs, but then on rebooting it seems to work for a bit and then I get a waiting for root device error.

Is there a way around that since it's obvious that the install sees it?

One other quick thing as well.

I've noticed since installing the 3850 drivers you posted earlier that my menus don't work.

They show up transparent and I can't do a whole lot in the OS because of that. Any idea of a quick fix?

Hmm, I think I have it all figured out actually.

I just finished re-installing your Leo4All with PPF1 and added the correct driver for my SATA controller and it all booted up and worked.

In fact I just ran Software Update and it updated everything properly and rebooted.

Now I just have to use the new NATIT and everything should be working perfectly then :)

thanks buddy, I'll post an update on the wiki.

Attached is a screenshot of eddie11c's latest release.

Amazing huh?

I don't suggest doing this method as you will still have problems. It took me quite a while to find the root of one of them. Just be patient for my update. It will do it all for you ;)

post-196249-1206110723_thumb.png

Ya that would be my guess. I don't know what exactly the root of the problem is yet, still trying to research this.

The new RemoveVideo is working. Now you choose what kind of video card to remove.

post-170453-1206035109_thumb.jpg

Eddie,

I changed my mother board last night to a Nforce4 SLI2 and my CPU to a AMD 4200+ Dual Core. This fixed my problem of the constant rebooting during the install so Im sure the rebooting problem was due to my old CPU being a 3000+ that only supports SSE2. The problem I have now is the dreaded "Waiting on Root Device" which from my research is related to the SATA HD. MY DVD Rom is an IDE Drive set to IDE Secondary Master and my HD is SATA. In windows I use disk management to delete the volume and partition on my Sata HD and leave it as an unallocated MBR. Other than buying an IDE HD to run on the same IDE cable as my DVD Rom do you have any suggestions???

Hmm try reinstalling them, delete the old drivers first. The one file has a fix for the messed up menu for 3850.

Yup everything other than sound is working perfectly now.

I have the Sigmatel 9227 and HDA patcher doesn't seem to work with it.

I've heard it could be due to me having the HD3850 and that's the only thing I haven't figured out yet, but I'm working on it :rolleyes: