Testers needed for a new JaS OsX86 10.5.2 Intel SSE2 SSE3 release !

JaS

322 posts in this topic

Finally!!:P :P :D

I switched off intel d945gtp/d930 box onto my Asrock Conroe-1333 v1.00/DualCore Celeron @3.33ghz box and Voila.. Guid Partition on 40 gig IDE

I have a working install.. now for the extras..

- Onboard vga only 1024x768 ( needs patching )

- Onboard sound alc888 ( needs patching )

- onboard Nic ( Works )

- adaptec firewire card ( unknown )

- motorola broadcom pci wireless card ( needs patching )

- onboard Sata controller ( unknown )

Will continue to test and tweak..

Thanks a million JaS

Okay everyone, thanks for all the pms. I will be sending out info to everyone that pmed me to test v2 of the iso, this will have a ppf to add to it when you are done, I will be including a sever package choice and also sec update if it tests okay.

I will go through the pms for testers tonight after work, 1 am my time and send out info then. Thanks for the great response guys.

Also all reports should be submitted in the same format as this tester, direct and to the point, without any extra info.

Submited by BlackCH

System: HP Compaq 6720s
Centrino C2D T7250 2 Ghz. i965, x3100, 2 Gb 667 ddr2 Ram.
Broadcom 4311 (dell 1390 mini pci-e)

Install Items:
-Essential System
-Patched Drivers
PS2Controller
AppleSMBIOS
dsmos
-Plugins
ACPIPS2Nub
AppleIntelPIIXATA
-Device ID
Generic PS2 Nub
Broadcom Wireless (this makes my 4311 unusable)
-Cleanup

1st go (USB disk, MBR scheme):
Installation without problems, but after the first boot the setup assistant gets stuck after the migration window ('Do you own already a mac?' window), when the system is looking for network devices. I had the same with a custom disk I did for myself. I got it solved removeing the Intel kexts inside IONetworkingFamily (I have an unsupported 82562 ethernet on board, wrong rom reading...) . But in this case didnt work. I got it going plugging in an Apple USB ethernet adapter I have. Then everything went fine. I had to re-install the stock IO80211 kext to have the broadcom 4311 mini pci e recognized.

2nd go (USB disk, GUID scheme):
Basically the same, but without the Broadcom Wireless patch. Everything goes well. The wireless got recognized in the first boot therefore the setup assistant didnt get stuck this time. 

Amazing thing, the installer autodetect the partition scheme!  great!.

For me; I still need ACPIThermal and ACPIPowerSource plugins otherwise my laptop get hot and the cooler does not go on to cool it down... 
The x3100 works out of the box without natit, and without removing the GMA950 ketxs.
Would be also cool to have a speedstep kernel in the installer options. Anyway the vanilla 9.2.1 works fine on this laptop; all the hardware is detected properly. Let me know if you need something else.

Hope this is usefull. I'll be testing on a P4 in the next days...

Wow, glad to see you back JaS. It was back when you released 10.4.8 was when I got into the hackintosh scene. Yours was the only one working on my rig at the time, and since then I have had to look for alternatives. If there's anything I can do, I'd be glad to help out..

JAS! I am 1 of your biggest fans!! I would love to help you with testing the new 10.5.2! the only problem is that I have an ati radeon x1400 and intel 4965 wireless which would take some serious patching. but all my other hardware is workin great and rady for your release!

Any support possible as out of box for intel DG33FB MOBO....Like

intel integrated GMA3100

Intel integrated Relteak HD Audio ID= 10EC0888 (ALC888)

Intel integrated Network 82566 DC-2 Gigabit ID = 294C8086

Marvell Pata Controller ID = 610111ab

ICH9 (2 PORT) ID = 29268086

ICH9 (4 PORT) ID = 29208086

AND

nVidia 8500GT 256MB ID = 042110DE

hey jas,

I am ready to test for you but my downloads are very slow. I am not having much success with kalyway and I am willing to give anything a shot.

Pm with the link.......

and I will report back to you

Hi JaS,

I want like to be a tester, too... I have a HP Pavilion dv4000 with an Intel SSE2 processor. I had a dv9000 from HP, too, but I have sold it ('cause of money I need to buy an real MacBook in August - maybe with the new platform and a x4500 graphic). On there I had Kalyway 10.5.2 and I loved the OS - I love Mac! But now on my dv4000 I have Windows XP back and I realy miss the Leopard OS. So I want to test the 10.5.2 from you until I get an original MacBook. :censored2:

greetz

Darky

Actually, JaS mentions several times in his thread that if someone wanted to test his build, they should PM him with the info he asks for. People should never have been posting here to ask for testing priveleges in the first place. Nobody reads anything anymore...or if they do, they don't pay attention to directions.

I quite agree.

i am back after being inactive in this forum a while. I started with Jas 10.4.6 and update it up to 10.4.8 then before I stopped this "hobby". Now that I am back, I see I missed a lot of version. I am trying to go into 10.5.2 since it's the latest but afraid it might not be compatible with my hardware. I see the HCL and no one is using anything as old as my junk. It's a P4 2.8 with Intel D865PERL motherboard and AGP ATI9600xt card.

Just want to know anyone already tried 10.5.2 on hardware as low as this? Works or not?

Thanks...btw, can PM me on where to get the software since green monster is gone....

Great Install!!

Just finished a round of installations and JaS has the knack to let things run smoothly!

Remember, this is in the development stage, and all those assisting are giving feedback to get this distro in a presentable state!

So far it is looking REALLY good, and with a few tweaks here and there it will be one of the best, if not thee....

One particular thing is the fact that he has not added his own markings(logos, tiffs, icons, folders, software etc) to it, You can even install the second DVD, i.e. Ilife, G/band etc. with it! One really gets the feeling your installing the Real Deal!

This if NOT just a compilation of other people's work!

SticMAN

i am back after being inactive in this forum a while. I started with Jas 10.4.6 and update it up to 10.4.8 then before I stopped this "hobby". Now that I am back, I see I missed a lot of version. I am trying to go into 10.5.2 since it's the latest but afraid it might not be compatible with my hardware. I see the HCL and no one is using anything as old as my junk. It's a P4 2.8 with Intel D865PERL motherboard and AGP ATI9600xt card.

Just want to know anyone already tried 10.5.2 on hardware as low as this? Works or not?

Thanks...btw, can PM me on where to get the software since green monster is gone....

hi jas i am realy thanks you about your great jop i try all your work and know i work with os x x86 10.4.11 and it work very good , but when i try to work with

(JaS OsX86 10.5.2 Intel SSE2 SSE3.iso) i can`t to boot from it i see white screen and apple logo and after 30 second it tell me waiting for device root and dvd stop what happen i dont install it to tell me that ,please tell me what happen and what is config. to run leopard , iam try (KALYWAY & TOH) i install those but it cant boot after install but your leaopard cant install from begining

last iam realy want to help you if you want to test anything

thanks so much and forgive me about english