Testers needed for a new JaS OsX86 10.5.2 Intel SSE2 SSE3 release !

JaS

322 posts in this topic

hi there, I burned this iso into dvd but couldn't install it. Computer keeps rebooting while loading Extensions.mkext. My computer is old but can run with Jas 10.4.7 and iATKOS ir2.

CPU: Inter 2.4G (Northwood, SSE2 only)

MB: Asus P4B

RAM: 640MB PC133 sdram

VGA: Powercolor ATI 9600pro

Please help to comment, thanks!

Try boot on F8 at boot and type:

mach_kernel -F -v

Post result back, goodluck,

thanks for replying! but there seems no further progress, still rebooting...

Maybe your processor is not compatible with kernel...

Give-me some hours, I try some solluttion or good explanation.

This is a beta. We are working in this based on give-back information. :)

Thanx,

Maybe your processor is not compatible with kernel...

Give-me some hours, I try some solluttion or good explanation.

This is a beta. We are working in this based on give-back information. :)

Thanx,

[/quote

thanks, here is the information of my P4 CPU.

First of all, please excuse my English. On VaioFE11m I find out, I have to install dsmos.kext, to prevent issue after updates. I think it should be in the DVD by default. As always wi-fi and internal display are not recognized. Web-cam is recognized, but not working. On Acer, I have problem after restart in "Do you really own a Mac", so the system could not continuing. Then I started whit -s mode and typed "passwd root" "touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone", and I booted successfully. I created a new user name and enjoy the the new installation. Everything works. but wi-fi. I hope, I could help you whit the test. Tanks Jas for your great Job.

First of all, please excuse my English. On VaioFE11m I find out, I have to install dsmos.kext, to prevent issue after updates. I think it should be in the DVD by default. As always wi-fi and internal display are not recognized. Web-cam is recognized, but not working. On Acer, I have problem after restart in "Do you really own a Mac", so the system could not continuing. Then I started whit -s mode and typed "passwd root" "touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone", and I booted successfully. I created a new user name and enjoy the the new installation. Everything works. but wi-fi. I hope, I could help you whit the test. Tanks Jas for your great Job.

Man, you can post detailed configs of your hardware, including chipsets ?

For "wi-fi and internal display are not recognized." don't help to try find sollution of this hardware.

Cheerz,

Thanx plprado,

You use only skge.kext or more other .kext there?

Thanx for your config. :(

No problem, I'm glad I can help.

To be more clear: the only two kexts I used were skge.kext and Titan.kext from http://omni.110mb.com/titan/

Also installed all the updates available on software update (except Time Machine and Airport Update 1.0) and everything still works great.

thanks.

EDIT: Just took the risk and Installed the "Time Machine and Airport Update 1.0", backing up system.kext and mach_kernel and putting them back in place before reboot. Everything still working fine. :)

Hi

I have just installed JaS 10.5.2 Leopard. The install went perfectly fine. But after I try to do a software update, it breaks my install. The updates are only for Quicktime, iTunes, iLife, etc. and there is one security update. Can I not update or is there something that I shouldn't update?

baballin328 Posted Yesterday, 08:34 AM

Hi

I have just installed JaS 10.5.2 Leopard. The install went perfectly fine. But after I try to do a software update, it breaks my install. The updates are only for Quicktime, iTunes, iLife, etc. and there is one security update. Can I not update or is there something that I shouldn't update?

That's because you did not install "dsmos" during installation process.

Hi,

I tried to installed with JaS OsX86 10.5.2 Intel SSE2 SSE3.iso.

The installation is ok. But after restart, failed.

I didn't choose any thing, only choose the followings"

Essential System (which is necessary)

one of the three boot ways (Darwin bootloader, GUID, MBR)

If I choose to install "Update for Intel SSE2/SSE3" (the file which is of 1GB), after restart, I get 4 Language death.

If I didn't choose "Update for Intel SSE2/SSE3", then the wheel is running, running, running....and always running...

Moreover, in any case, after restart, if I didn't insert the installation DVD, then can't boot. I just got a series of numbers

running very fast on my screen....like the following : ( The numbers is not the same as I get, I didn't write it down....)

E3096547

E3096547

E3096547

E3096547

E3096547

E3096547

E3096547

E3096547

My spec is :

ASUS A8JS Notebook

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200, 2000 MHz (12 x 167)

4G Ram

Nvidia GeforceGo 512MB

Hi,

I tried to installed with JaS OsX86 10.5.2 Intel SSE2 SSE3.iso.

The installation is ok. But after restart, failed.

I didn't choose any thing, only choose the followings"

Essential System (which is necessary)

one of the three boot ways (Darwin bootloader, GUID, MBR)

If I choose to install "Update for Intel SSE2/SSE3" (the file which is of 1GB), after restart, I get 4 Language death.

If I didn't choose "Update for Intel SSE2/SSE3", then the wheel is running, running, running....and always running...

Moreover, in any case, after restart, if I didn't insert the installation DVD, then can't boot. I just got a series of numbers

running very fast on my screen....like the following : ( The numbers is not the same as I get, I didn't write it down....)

E3096547

E3096547

E3096547

E3096547

E3096547

E3096547

E3096547

E3096547

My spec is :

ASUS A8JS Notebook

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200, 2000 MHz (12 x 167)

4G Ram

Nvidia GeforceGo 512MB

Hi,

Some torrent tracker having a our first beta version...he's bugged!

Only version that running fine is V2 ... the first and PPF1 don't work.

Sorry...but don't have what to do!

Beta is closed!

Read JaS post:

Well right now I am having a problem with the testers, So I am not sure I will continue with the testing program. So far every tester that has downloaded the test install has hit and run on the torrent and also the testers are not posting back info about the install, just saying it worked and then they are gone.

So I will need to decide what I am going to do. tho I can not test under these conditions.

BETA TESTING IS NOT A CHANCE TO GET A WORKNG INSTALLATION OF 10.5.2 FOR YOURSELF.IT IS TO HELP GET A WORKING INSTALLATION READY FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC!

So until I have some reports from the testers I already set up with the install dvd, I will not be taking any more request to join the group.

In times we have a V3 or final DVD. @ All: Take it easy, we working to have a good final results.

If someone have doubts and talk to me in IRC (night periods): chat.osx86.hu #JaS-DVD

I was away for a few weeks after this beta was release.I needed to take care of some rl stuff. So now that I am back and see that the beta is posted up on the common trackers.I would have to say the closed portion of this beta test is over.

MD5: e975eb605da0335470c5e52c79c3dbf8