Testers needed for a new JaS OsX86 10.5.2 Intel SSE2 SSE3 release !

JaS

322 posts in this topic

I'm willing to test on the system in my sig. I'm going to buy another SATA drive so I can use it for JaS isntall. You'll definitely get reports back from me if something works/doesn't work because I'll want it running right and feedback is the least I can do for all the help I've received from this community. Don't see how sharing info can be a bad thing.

Hey, i have your AMD 10.4.8 release installed (smooth as silk installation) and it runs flawlessly (i just had problems with the keyboard).

If you need an AMD tester let me know.

AMD 64 3500+ (SSE2 only)

Abit AN8 Fatal1ty (nForce 4 ultra)

nVidia 6800GT

I would be interested in testing this... So far I've not had any that work on my hardware... (list of kit in my sig)

/Chip.

Have you tried iATKOS.r3? We have virtually the same setup with exception of HD brand names. I have nForce 680i SLI board though. A few minor things not working yet but nothing major and I'm patient. I can still do everything else on it. It may work as iATKOS.r3 was done especially for nVidia chipsets. You might give it a shot if you haven't. I would be interested in trying JaS on a new HD though. This stuff is frustrating but fun.

Have you tried iATKOS.r3? We have virtually the same setup with exception of HD brand names. I have nForce 680i SLI board though. A few minor things not working yet but nothing major and I'm patient. I can still do everything else on it. It may work as iATKOS.r3 was done especially for nVidia chipsets. You might give it a shot if you haven't. I would be interested in trying JaS on a new HD though. This stuff is frustrating but fun.

I have tried iATKOS.r3, and so far it's the only one that I can get to boot into the installer... (have to use -v -x cpus=1 to get even that far)

But it wont give me a bootable system at the end... lol

I've tried x86 boot loader, and the EFI ones... x86 gives me kernel panics or hangs (depending on what flags i stick in at the darwin prompt), the EFI wont even start booting.. I get the darwin boot menu, and it simply refuses to move off of that.

I'm thinking that it's probably down to my board as it's fairly new, and I dont think many people are using osx with 780i boards yet... :}

/Chip.

Any progress made yet? (aargh i can't wait to install the final release :D)

YEAY!, JAS IS BACK!

I have a few requests IF possible

1. Sigmatel 9228 support (kext's attached)

2. NVinject for Go Cards.... :D

3. A working battery meter for notebooks

4. EFI_v8

5. For intel X3100 integrated graphics I think a kext has to be removed, not sure, but MANY notebook owners have this card.

EDIT: I guess it didnt attach the 9228 kext, so I added it.

STAC9228.zip

Hmm adding support for the GMA 3100 (desktop, not the X3100!) would be nice too. And sleep/restart/shutdown of course :(

dude, x3100 does work out of the box with 10.5.2 (graphics update) - no natit or stuff needed here. so that shouldnt be a problem

dude, x3100 does work out of the box with 10.5.2 (graphics update) - no natit or stuff needed here. so that shouldnt be a problem

there is diffrent between gma 3100 and x3100. the second one it's probably has working drive in mac yet, but no the frist one.

I hope you can add this drive to your release if it is possible. if you need any reference I would glad to be your tester. ;) With sse3

I think those {censored}s who took JAS's test install DVD and disappeared have made JAS leave.

Thanks a lot you selfish f*cking {censored}s for being such a supportive component of the OSx86 community.

JAS how do I get involved? I sent you a PM requesting to be a beta tester already and didnt hear back...

Well right now I am having a problem with the testers, So I am not sure I will continue with the testing program. So far every tester that has downloaded the test install has hit and run on the torrent and also the testers are not posting back info about the install, just saying it worked and then they are gone.

shame on them!

I want to be a tester too, if you need more testers.

But I already sent you a pn at the afternoon...

I want in

I have a EVGA 680i SLI and I cant make it install neither Kalyway or Iatkos both just dont booth after a perfect install I am using an IDE HD and DVD and still does not work

If you could add some drivers for this would be great!!

Jas ,I've downloaded the new iso,and burned to DVD. but ,then I boot with it ,it's seems have a issue.

when boot ,the screen show

"localhost diskarbitrationd:unable to mount /dev/disk0s1 (status code0*00000047)"