Testers needed for a new JaS OsX86 10.5.2 Intel SSE2 SSE3 release !

JaS

322 posts in this topic

A bit out of scope : Could you please stop posting new torrents on TPB ? They have a blacklisting policy for some hoster' networks, so I can't help seeding with my dedicated servers. Using a non blocking tracker would makes you eligible to 3x100Mbps seeders :D

thank for comeback JaS.

please help me for installation.

installation complete successfully but when boot and after welcome screen No Keyboard i Connected message comes. and i tried 4 diffrent type keyboard but same problem.

please help.

Grtitan I really hope you are wrong about Jas bailing. Yes it's taking longer than many had hoped which was not helped by the feedback or lack of it from the beta testers. Yes it's frustrating not knowing what is going on but to conclude Jas has bailed - no I don't believe it. How many of us were introduced to OSX by Jas? - quite a few I bet. How many of us were amazed and awed when we stuck a Jas disk in pretty much any machine and everything worked 100% right out of the box just as if it were a Vanilla Mac? -Again lots of us. Making a distro's of such quality and general excellence takes time and a massive amount of effort which we ALL should appreciate. Look at MS, even with all their cooperate might behind them it's taken them 4 years to get even a service pack out and it still does not work. Give the guy a break and let him work in peace at his own pace, however long it takes I believe the final product will be stunning as always.

Hey There I would love to check this out...i was using the kalyway and had a couple issues i couldnt get worked out.

XPS 1530

CPU: T7250 2.0 ghz core 2DUO

Gerforce M8600gt

Dell 1505 wireless

Marvell Yukon Ethernet

Teac Cd/dvd rw

200GB 7200 rpm

3GB Ram

I dont really know where to get this if you could help me out i would love to help you out.

Hi all.

I have a problem. When installing this version, I got az error message, that shows:

Installer could not validate the content of essentials package.

Please help me what should I do.

Many thanks in advance,

Norb

You can post detailed PC configuration and what JaS version that ruinning to try help you?

C2D 6550 2.33

Gigabyte P35-DS3P (Firmware F7) Revision 2.0 i think.

2GB PC8500

512MB 9600GT DDR3

I've tried numeroues times but still unable to boot properly..

First I used Kalyway 10.5, would not start on my computer

Then I used iATKOS, this one worked good, only need to leave installer dvd to start, could not fix it with all the tutorials.

As third I used the JaS installer, installed even smoother then iATKOS and is uses a bootpartition?, only have to press enter to start OSX. Maybe this can be autostart but have not jet looked into it.

Only problem I have with the JaS installer is that I have 1 screen resolution, with the iATKOS installer I had many resolutions which worked.

I have a intel 950 integrated video card. Can I copy something from iATKOS or install something extra from the JaS DVD to get my resolutions?

Asus motherboard P5LD2-VM with core2duo chip

After downloading the the Release I get a crash on boot of the DVD right after the BCM5751Enet Ethernet Address 00:00:00:00:00:00 the backtrace says it is the ethernet driver that caused the crash

I have a SSE2 Hp/Compaq Nc 6000 Laptop the hd is partitioned with xp first and a 30 gb osx partition second

dr chris

I have a dell latitude d600 laptop

after installing jas 10.5.2 ... the onboard Broadcom 570x LAN does not seem to work ???

does anyone know how i can get the onboard broadcom 570x lan working ???

Thanks

Hardware

Hi Jas.

I am sorry to add my comment here, becuase i did not know where to tell you. I downloaded your version from TPB since you did not send me any link to get from. Here's my result.

I installed it on my laptop. A Toshiba Satellite A55 which is almost old now. SSE2, Intel Centrino, 1GB Ram, 160GB Harddisk, Intel 850 , 64Mb video graphic.

Actually it took 5 times to istall, because of lots of driver you put there, I had to test most of them. But it installed finally with patched drivers, no other fixed one required. It works very well now. Except that I had to copy powermanagment.boundle for enabling laptop power managment and battery meter . hachintosh began to crash but i now run it with a -f. I added a -f to boot plist file and it starts and run without a problem, but still crashes on shutting down process.Of course I know this is not your concerns and it is made because of that powermanagment.boundle file, which i aperciate anyone's help on this matter. I also still do not know hot to solve closing LID case. In windows, when I close LID, laptop goes to sleep, but in hachintosh nothing happens. does anybody know how to solve?

If any other information you BIG Jas need, just let me know.

Thanks man for good job again

Bob

PS

I attach powermanagmenet file for you guys to check

PowerManagement.bundle.zip

Well, it seems beta testing is over, folks, so we're closing this one.

Stay tuned for an upcoming V3 which is in the works, however;

Info will be posted soon.