Testers needed for a new JaS OsX86 10.5.2 Intel SSE2 SSE3 release !

JaS

322 posts in this topic

Hiya Jas, I just PM'd you and can't wait to give your beta a go .. My current rig is due for an upgrade she consists of a ..

- P4D on an Intel d945GTPLR w/ 1G DDR2

- SATA HDD's and IDE DVD-RW

The original RAM went bad so I"ve ordered a 2g stick but now I'm thinking that I'd like to go vanilla all the way so an upgrade is definitely in order.

For the CPU I'll probably go with an E4xxx or lower end E5xxx C2D but I'm stuck at deciding on a mobo, if anyone in Hackintosh land can shed some advice I'd appreciate it.

Since the goal is to get 10.5.2 on my new rig as it was a no go on the P4D once a mobo is decided on then it will also be at your disposal for testing.

Cheers everyone..

Speedbuggy

Hi JaS,

I´m writing this post from Portugal.

I´ve been trying several instalations of OSX86 along the past 3 years and i kept the same hardware ever since... I have a AsRock mobo with socket 478 and a P4 3,2Ghz SS2/SS3 with HTT. This board is the P4VM890 and so far i´ve managed to install the OS without many problems except for EFI....EFI as always been a problem and i never did installed it cause it simple doesnt work in here....

All this to say that im downloading (dont really know if it is a fake or not but i will find out in about 4 hours....) your 10.5.2 from a torrent i´ve found over the web and i will post again here (sorry i really dont know how to use IRC) with results and instalation logs aswell as snapshots of system when ever it is necessary.... Like this i will be a freelance tester since i only noticed this post yesterday and didnt send any PM to you.

I hope my work can help you make a good release of 10.5.2... After all if we want something from someone sometimes we have to help and test so that the person that makes it gets to know what to do, to achieve a better result!

See you soon and sorry for my bad english

Cheers

Well...lets hope it isnt fake....im on 70% now... about an hour to finish download......

Btw i need some help on an issue.... i´ve never burned an ISO image in leopard.... is it possible or i have to go to windows to burn it? i have Toast 8 installed but never tried to burn an ISO image in it....

Well...lets hope it isnt fake....im on 70% now... about an hour to finish download......

Btw i need some help on an issue.... i´ve never burned an ISO image in leopard.... is it possible or i have to go to windows to burn it? i have Toast 8 installed but never tried to burn an ISO image in it....

normally you can burn an iso image with disk utility..

I've only finished 67%... I seed with 300kb/s and leech with 50kb/s :(;)

Hey JaS! Have been using your old releases very often on AMD. But now I just got an old Toshiba Intel Pentium 4 laptop from the office, I havent received it yet, but I probably am getting it this week. I can then find out more of the system specifications. I would be interested in testing this beta on it, and offcourse give legitimate feedback!

I'd be more then happy to try out your beta dvd installer.

I've had so so luck so far with Kalaway, and using the retail dvd, sometimes the install won't boot, or wont recognize my drives.

I used your 10.4.8 though for a very long time, and had no issues there, great stuff, glad to see you back in the game.

my hardware is in my sig, it hasn't changed

Hey JaS

Remember me?? (handyandy164) from the IRC Channel??

I would love to test this for ya. Also that extensions.mkext u gave me doesnt work!!

Cheers

-Andrew

You know my specs

P4 2.8ghz, sse2, ddr ram 786mb, 160gb xp/vista dual boot, 20gb mac 10.4.8

Well after some time away from the OsX86 scene and some much needed rest, I have decided to release a 10.5.2 intel sse2 sse3 install dvd. Due to the tons of requests I have received all over the forums and in pm and email.

I also know that there are two other people/groups releasing leo dvds atm and I am not trying to take anything away from them by releasing a new iso. This is just to fill the requests I am receiving, and also I think it will be fun to make a install dvd for leo.

This started out as a dvd I was making for myself and has turned into a new release.

So want to help me out and test the new iso?

sure all I need from you is a pm here on the forum with your nick you will use on irc, links to any and all drivers / tweaks you used to get your hardware working, and a spare hdd / partiton you can test the new install on.

What point am I at with the new beta iso? Well I need sse2 testers ( no testing for sse2 has been done yet), also sse3 testers. The dvd will install and make the hhd bootable, as this is the bases for any install dvd and this needs to be working and fully tested prior to a public release. The iso has some basic drivers and will get you to the desktop, and support for common hardware. Though I need drivers and info from users to get the best support for old and new hardware. Because that is what It's all about for me. The widest range of hardware support possible, so no one that can try os x will be left behind. To quote maxxuss " no one left behind" :blink: I like that idea and have tried to keep it alive in my releases.

So lets make a new install dvd and make it the best damned install dvd we can!

Want to help then just send me the pm and lets get started.

Also everyone can thank np101137 for getting me to start back up with osx86 b/c I was good and gone till he got a hold of me lol.

EDIT 1: Special thanks go out to Dense for his great Slipstream technology. It has allowed me to put my focus back on compiling packages for the widest range of hardware support and multiple package compatibility, and is one of the reasons this install is possible.

Ok guys... burned the image and trying to install i got this:

DSCN0266.jpg

I dont have PS/2 Ports working and i´m working with a USB keyboard and mouse....

And i really cant continue install after this cause the dvd drive itself stops....

Jas, any workaround?

Later i will post some shots of my bios settings....

Result: DVD doesn't boot into installation. He can't mount the hdd.

here the last 3 lines:

jnl: disk0s1: journal start/end pointers reset! (jnl 0x466ef00; s 0x200 e 0x200)

Mar 18 08:20:25 localhost diskarbitrationd(44): unable to mount /dev/disk1s1 (status code 0x00000047)

AppleRTL8169Ethernet: phyWaitForAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT

Looking forward to rockin' the latest Jas iso ! I would be happy to test out a new 10.5.2 that would run on my SSE2 Dell D600 laptop. It's a great machine, but has a couple problems with Kaly, specifically booting while running on battery that I would love fixed. Should I go ahead and download the beta copy? BTW, why isn't this a sticky?

Is there any progress here? Looks like Jas in not responding to us now. Please give us an update with this project thanks Jas..
I'm pretty sure JaS already answered this. His 'testers' pretty much turned out to be people who just wanted to take advantage of his expertise to get a new version of the installer for themselves and weren't working with him. He said he can't work under those conditions so I doubt you'll hear from him again until 'testers' make a commitment to testing.

a admin should edit the first post to reflect what the status is so people won't keep asking to test it

s

Actually, JaS mentions several times in his thread that if someone wanted to test his build, they should PM him with the info he asks for. People should never have been posting here to ask for testing priveleges in the first place. Nobody reads anything anymore...or if they do, they don't pay attention to directions.