Testers needed for a new JaS OsX86 10.5.2 Intel SSE2 SSE3 release !

JaS

322 posts in this topic

Hi Jas

Been away for a long time, i´d like to try it, still have my old Acer Aspire 1714sMI, with a P4 HT SSE2, and usin youre 10.4.8, and workin great.

So Count me in, if you may...

CIA

Soon as I get rid of this non upgradeable Mac Pro, I'm in too.

I see the Intel Xeon 6 core will be released before fall, too bad for the guys with the 2008 machines.

Soon they too will have the upgrade blues as in my quad April '07 Mac....... hungry for a gpu that don't exist...........

hi jas

thanks u for sharing and help us for building a perfect leo.

im down it now from the bay and ill post if there are problems

im using now the 10.5.2 from kalyway(install 10.5.1 then upgrade to 10.5.2 from kaly update kekt and safe update 10.5.2)for now im using final cut 6 and some plugs and toast and photoshop with no problem at all.

im using vanila and punk driver for my 8800gts and the patcher 1.16 for sound card thats it.

my spec are intel badx2 6600 quad and 8800gts(evga) and 4gb mem(800mh) and using mbr. didnt sucssed with guid partion btw did u make a fix for badx2 ?(guid cos mbr no problem)the efi disapper in guid dont know why

and finally is there a way to make guid duel boot(mac&win)i use hirens 9 to select boot i need both.

and people stop bother jas for getting the os just down it from the bay and report not like other testers...

btw what are the problems with kalyway dvd just x11 report for me when i make repair permissions

THANKS AGAIN FOR JAS AND KALYWAY

(i test allmost all off the osx ive seen from 10.4.8-10.5.2)

hi,

the same for me. reboot loops after a few seconds.

no kernel flag will help.

how did iatkos (1.0ir2) make it to boot on my sse2, p4 ht?

is there a patch for sse2 available?

gtx

sniper

Strange, i´ve never tried iatkos, and after a few faillure trys i´ve decided to stuck with JaS 10.4.8, cause it never gave no hard time, and always runs smooth... Would be great to get a 10.5 from JaS that would be really universal, since is work has been always so good, thow now a days i use a 24 iMac, i would love to make my hold Acer more uptodate, just for the sentimental reasons ;);)

So bring it on JaS, give us a solution :) i really think you´re the man.

Strange, i´ve never tried iatkos, and after a few faillure trys i´ve decided to stuck with JaS 10.4.8, cause it never gave no hard time, and always runs smooth... Would be great to get a 10.5 from JaS that would be really universal, since is work has been always so good, thow now a days i use a 24 iMac, i would love to make my hold Acer more uptodate, just for the sentimental reasons ;);)

So bring it on JaS, give us a solution ;) i really think you´re the man.

Try boot dvd with this strings:

mach_kernel -F -x -v

or

mach_kernel.vanilla -F -x -v

(I try install it on Celeron D (478pins) + PCChips P25G and work fine, and a Pentium 4 SSE2 + Intel 845WN and work fine too).

Btw, check your BIOS configs, in doubt apply defaults.

Goodluck, post back new results please.

Hello JaS

Thank you first for all the work you put into this project.

'm still running happy 10.4.8 on my IBM T40 and everything works great.

I tried the JaS_osX86_10.5.2_sse2_sse3

and install fine. I left almost all default,

If I boot with -v here the panic I get.

devfs_make_node: not ready for devices!

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A9413): Kernel trap at 0x16eb494d, type 14=page faut reguster:

then is shows the registers (if there is a way to log this to file please let me know)

error code: 0x00000003

debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace, Format - Frame: return address (4 potential args on stack)

backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0

kernel loadable module in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(9.25.0)@ox16eb3000->ox16ecafff

Before the panic I can see the message

enabling SSE3 emilator ...OK!

But my lap is only SSE2

Could this be the source of the problem? ot it referr more to the power management?

Any suggestions higly appreciated

Model :IBM T40

RAM: 756

CPU P4 1.5

wifi Broadcom 43xx

everything works fine in 10.4.8

So thanx again

BiL0

Hi there

f41qu3

I can´t make my Acer DvD drive Read the DvD itself, thow on my Hp from my company it does. I´m Making a copy with superduper to external hard drive and try to make run that way... :)

off Topic..

Não consigo fazer a drive de dvd reconhecer o dvd de instalação, apesar do pc da empresa onde trabalho não ter problemas em ler, por isso estou a fazer uma cópia com o superduper numa hard drive externa e vou tentar instalar daí. :):)

CIA

P5W DH Deluxe motherboard.

Hi JaS!

I'm a big fan of yours ever since I installed JaS 10.4.8

on my Pc without any hazzle whatsoever.

I and many others with me who owns the mentioned motherboard

would be wery grateful if you could include full support for it

in your install DVD. Of course the graphic board drivers may have

to be patched afterwards but thats no big problem.

It also would be nice if you included full language support or at

least instructions on how to add a language afterwards.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Ovra.

Hi there

f41qu3

I can´t make my Acer DvD drive Read the DvD itself, thow on my Hp from my company it does. I´m Making a copy with superduper to external hard drive and try to make run that way... :)

off Topic..

Não consigo fazer a drive de dvd reconhecer o dvd de instalação, apesar do pc da empresa onde trabalho não ter problemas em ler, por isso estou a fazer uma cópia com o superduper numa hard drive externa e vou tentar instalar daí. :P;)

CIA

Your DVD drive doesn't work? You try install using a external USB DVD drive?

[off]

Seu DVD não funciona? Você tentou instalar usando um drive de DVD USB?

Com o SuperDuper a imagem poderá não funcionar por causa do setor de boot?

Greetz,

Guys, if someone grab a JaS new .iso from some torrent place and have installed, please post-up PC detailed configs. If running, if not running, i need know what work/doesn't work.

Ok? :D

Greetz,

Guys, if someone grab a JaS new .iso from some torrent place and have installed, please post-up PC detailed configs. If running, if not running, i need know what work/doesn't work.

Ok? ;)

Greetz,

ok, there you go. By the way, excellent work Jas! Congrats and many thanks to you. Best Leo (beta)release so far in my opinion.

Mobo: ASUS P4P800

Proc.: Pentium 4 HT 3.2Ghz.

2GB RAM 800Mhz dual-channel

*Video: Geforce FX5500 256Mb (w/ Titan) QE/CI: yes.

*LAN: works with skge.kext

2 LG Optical drives

250GB SATA

80GB IDE

Everything (except *) worked perfectly right after the install.

that´s it.

Ok? :)

Greetz,

hi there, I burned this iso into dvd but couldn't install it. Computer keeps rebooting while loading Extensions.mkext. My computer is old but can run with Jas 10.4.7 and iATKOS ir2.

CPU: Inter 2.4G (Northwood, SSE2 only)

MB: Asus P4B

RAM: 640MB PC133 sdram

VGA: Powercolor ATI 9600pro

Please help to comment, thanks!