Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 for AMD Succes Or Problem Thread

microsoft whiz

497 posts in this topic

return your original kext files back to your Leopard and try this time to use "kext helper b7" to install the new kext file

I did that, I boot with my PS/2 mouse and keyboard plugged in and USB on it just freezes at boot.

and if I unplug my PS/2 stuff and plugin my usb keyboard and mouse it boots up alright but at the welcome screen they don't work.

works for me (succes yeeeeeahh)

PC: amd x2 +38000 works

Graphics: msi pci-e 7300 qe/ci works

Mobo: (ecs C51GM-M (V1.0) )

Sound: (ac97 working yes)

lan: realtek 8139

Extra items selected during install:

Overall/Summary: (did it work for u?)

all working

time machine works too

finalcut 6 works

like a real mac

I did that, I boot with my PS/2 mouse and keyboard plugged in and USB on it just freezes at boot.

and if I unplug my PS/2 stuff and plugin my usb keyboard and mouse it boots up alright but at the welcome screen they don't work.

your permission has been messed up when you replace your IOUSBFamily.kext! you need to fix your kexts permission

My install went great it went to the welcome screen and then prompted me to plug in my keyboard to continue. My mouse then did not work. I could not complete the install.

I have a logitech MX518 Mouse and Logitech Keyboard. I tried plugging them in over and over but that did not work. My mobo is a M61P-S3.

This happened on tiger but all i had to do was unplug and plug it back in.

Any help is appreciated

Keyboard is PS/2. Anyone have any suggestions?

This worked for me, go into your BIOs, and disable Legacy. That made it work for me. Only problem is that you cant hit use your keboard or mouse between bios load, and computer startup. If you do you have to enable Legacy. It works for me perfectly.

My install went great it went to the welcome screen and then prompted me to plug in my keyboard to continue. My mouse then did not work. I could not complete the install.I have a logitech MX518 Mouse and Logitech Keyboard. I tried plugging them in over and over but that did not work. My mobo is a M61P-S3.This happened on tiger but all i had to do was unplug and plug it back in.Any help is appreciatedKeyboard is PS/2. Anyone have any suggestions?
Try this thread and see the PS/2 Keyboard and USB Mouse section.
This worked for me, go into your BIOs, and disable Legacy. That made it work for me. Only problem is that you cant hit use your keboard or mouse between bios load, and computer startup. If you do you have to enable Legacy. It works for me perfectly.
My BIOS doesn't have an option for Legacy USB. So I can neither enable or disable it.

Nonono, its nothign to do with your keyboard, its under USB Advance. That is where you disable the Legacy.

USB Devices not workingApproach 1: With this tip I'm not saying that you are going to make your USB devices to work, but it is worth the try.- Restart your PC and go into BIOS menu. Go to USB configuration section. Set USB Controller = Enabled. Set USB 2.0 Support = Enabled. Set Legacy USB Support = Disabled.- Save changes and reboot.- Boot into Leopard just with -v (don't use -legacy flag).- If it works, edit com.apple.Boot.plist and remove -legacy flag, if exists.Approach 2: download IOUSBFamily.kext extension (located here, in Utilities & Resources) that may work for you. Always make a backup copy of the extension that you are going to replace. If it doesn't work, boot in single user mode and restore the old one.
after installing Leopard , boot again from the install dvd and after choosing your language, choose "terminal" from the menu bar: then enter this command:cp -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext /Volumes/leopard//System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kextNOTE: replace /Volumes/leopard according to the name you gave at your Leo partitionAlso worth considering: use of USB keybords/mice during installation issues.This is a big issue for acer laptop users - Mostly aspire 5000 - 5300 series
both from:
http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues

Nonono, its nothign to do with your keyboard, its under USB Advance. That is where you disable the Legacy.both from:
http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues

Where I put Keyboard I ment to put BIOS I edited my post like 5 seconds after I posted it sorry for the confusion! :)

i just installed the zephroth 10.5.2 and i get the still waiting for root device!!!! can anyone help me or tell me what to do?

computer specs(im doing this from memory, not at home lol)

CPU: emachine

graphics: ati radion x600 pro

processor: AMD Athlon 64 3500 2.2 GHz

memory: 1.5 gig ram

ethernet: netgear gigabit card,realtek

sound: Realtek AC97 Audio

PC:Custom

Graphics: Nvidia 6600GT

MB: Abit KN8 Ultra

Sound: AC'97

Extra items selected during install: I choosed to install Bootloader(MBR),and 3-party drivers(all)

Works all,only when I start OSX it Displays error(I don't know why)

First time when I installed this,it was the same as all other...Waiting for root device and so on...But,when I choosed 3-party Drivers it runs!Only USB isn't working,anyone knows any driver for USB?

Well after a lot of trial and error I finally got everything installed correctly. The main problem I had was getting OSX to boot from the HDD instead of having to leave the DVD in the drive. I keep getting a Disk Boot Failure no matter what I tried and I tried every guide I could find. Well today I came across this http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/658/howt...ot-setup-guide/. I thought I would give the chain0 boot a try again from Vista and this time it worked.

The part that I used was at the end

put tboot on Vista boot partition, usually C:\
Open a command prompt and make sure it’s running as administrator and type:

bcdedit /create /d "Mac OSX Leopard" /application bootsector

This will retrun a {ID}
Use the command line below to add the tboot, replace the {ID} accordingly:

bcdedit /set {ID} device boot       
bcdedit /set {ID} path \tboot       
bcdedit /displayorder {ID} /addlast

PC: Custom Build

Graphics: BFG 7800GS OC(AGP) qe/ci

Mobo: K8T Neo2 v2.0

Sound: AC97 (ALC655) works good (2 channel only)

Hard Disk Drives:

PATA 0: Master: 80gig WD - OSX

Slave : 160g WD - Vista Game/Media Drive

PATA 1: LG 24x DVD Burner - Works with OSX as Generic Burner

SATA 0: 160g WD - Vista

WIFI: D-Link WDA-2320 (works with the 10.4.8 update IO80211Family.kext)

Extra: pc_efi(MBR), NVida drivers, AC97, VIA drivers.

Overall/Summary: Works great now.

I found in torrent . I download Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI-Rev2.iso then I burn dvd at 2x. restart to dvd boot , I press f8 then enter , it pop up , it said please hold the power or restart computer, I press -v , -x, -s, all no go, still lot of panics, dont know why,

my computer is

Gigabyte K8nsnxp-939 bios F6

Althon amd 64 3500 (NewCastle)

4 times 512 mb of kingstons = 2GB ram

BFG Geforce 6800 Ultra

but I tried update to F13 Bios , not good , also set S3 from ACPI , no go

post-180074-1205383315_thumb.jpg

cpuz.htm

for disabling legacy USB support for some MB you need to go to Integrated Peripherals!

No my motherboard doesn't have legacy usb.

Okay so I need help I was looking in the 10.5.2 disk and I cannot find the extensions folder...

arg...I can't find a cottonpicking way to get my USB, LAN or wireless, sound and sata to work....

PC: Home Built

Graphics: HIS 2600XT 512 with QE/QI

Mobo: MSI K9aGM2

Sound: Working with acl888 injected with hdahelper

Extra items selected during install: ac97, sb600 and 24xx/26xx/29xx drivers

Overall/Summary: Had to reset permissions first time around on extensions folder which got me in to booting without safe mode, then injected the acl888 dump to get the sound working.

Everything else worked straight off.

2600xt works with QI/QE, fully detected as 512mb and even detects my hdtv properly, graphics are superb and so is the general speed of things.

picture1bu6.png