Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

ok so here's where I stand

Atkos r3 updated to 10.5.2 (followed instructions on page 5.)

System runs and Boots normal and fast. sound and network working fine

Video card 7900gtx 512mb still the issue. is not detected. Resolution 1024x768 only!! :-(

now is the weird part

Installed nvinject tried with several versions. Boot with -v loads fine even gets to the desktop but everything is black. I can move the cursor around it I'm sure everything is working besides I can't see anything!!If I boot using -v-x (safe mode) guess what!? system detects my video card!! And also get to the desktop screen with 1680x1050 automatically... but of course NO SOUND and NO LAN !!

Please help any ideas would be great!

Ps. I've searched about this issue and found out something about changing the .kexts with the proper deviceID but with no real instructions like step by step kinda thing. And also flashing the video card bios which sounds risky and IMO I don't think it need that since the card runs with full resolution in safe mode.

i think changing the .kexts makes more sense in my case who knows?!

5 a) if you see an error message saying "SAM MEDIA READ / WRITE failed and continued with Still waiting for root device" or something similar during the DVD boot, it means nforceata driver that is supplied on this DVD is not compatible if you used a SATA DVD Drive, which means you will have to exchange it with PATA (IDE) one.

Hello,

I have a PATA DVD(secondary master) and a PATA HDD(primary master) and i get this message. (Sometime I just get still waiting for root device)

My board is a ASUS P5N-E SLI (650i SLI) and my cpu is a E4500.

The only installation I can run is the installation of the iatkos r2!? :)

Some help would be very great,

Thanks. ;)

Ps. I've searched about this issue and found out something about changing the .kexts with the proper deviceID but with no real instructions like step by step kinda thing. And also flashing the video card bios which sounds risky and IMO I don't think it need that since the card runs with full resolution in safe mode.

i think changing the .kexts makes more sense in my case who knows?!

Keep in mind that full resolution is coming from FrameBuffer Driver, in safe mode, many of the drivers are ignored!... which is not the issue seeing full res in safe mode, your problem is may be related to driver itself, Dev ID? and the way it should look as in 2a-) section below! also some gfx card known not to work, until 10.5.2 update+graphics update afterwards... on nvidia cards...

1-) Did you make the Graphics Update? it doesnt come with the 10.5.2 update! It is a seperate update!!!

2a-) Have you read this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=620978

2b-) Before downloading this http://www.mediafire.com/?mi2obzt2ont

If you have done all these 3 things I mentioned above and still cant get your gfx card work, only solution may be gfx card's bios update... I am afraid...

But I have a little doubt that you read or did some of the stuffs I mentioned above if not all...

=================================================================

Hello,

I have a PATA DVD(secondary master) and a PATA HDD(primary master) and i get this message.

My board is a ASUS P5N-E SLI (650i SLI) and my cpu is a E4500.

The only installation I can run is the installation of the iatkos r2!?

Some help would be very great,

Thanks.

This is the kind of post I get annoyed about... People do not read instructions properly...

"if you want help: make a signature of your hardware profile like the one I have as a guide or anyway you like, and give description of the problem, and read the FIRST TWO POSTS regarding what to knows and what you should know before, during and after installation only then you can get nice answers and we can find a solution, it is annoying to ask people every other post to make a hardware profile signature, "I will ignore the posts saying "help me install Leo, I have a laptop,desktop". This kind of post will be ignored if no/proper hardware profile is given. We are not mediums to guess what you have what you dont, and what you did..."

and

"Links are not on torrents... If you wanna hope in the bus, ring the bell "

Check your PM... and read the the POST #2 carefully!!!!

Have talked to Kabyl....He think it's a Problem with the Chipset or something else...not with the Kernel. System freezes on Heavy System Load too.

Booting with cpus=1 than all is okay.

Searching for a Solution....

Hey man, I have the same exact problem!!! I tried 2 different kernels all with the same problem you have. I am currently using kabyls and I still get random freezes, and system freezes with heavy network use. Only solution has been to also run on 1 core with cpus=1. If you ever figure out the problem let me know!

ok, still a noob when it comes to leopard, though i had becomed quite skilled back with the Jas 10.4.8...but regardless...here is what i did:

I downloaded the Kalyway ComboUpdate...as per what was said on page 4 briefly about how it was done...

removed the system.kext from the backup folder that came with the installer.

installed the update.

done. used kexthelper and dragged the backup folder's system.kext for installation.

rebooted...first time, loaded kinda and rebooted. Second time, straight into OS X and says 10.5.2! yahoo!! so, thanks for that.

Now my question is...do i NEED to install a new kernel? And as I read back on like page 6, do i need to delete the system.kext in the extensions folder and THEN install the kext from the backup folder? Hopefully what i have is ok.

As a P.S. Does anyone know if the graphics update will support Q.E. for the ATI 1900gt? Right now everything works, except that...and maybe speed (though i know my system is fast enough on a 2.0 Core Duo OC to 2.88)...

Edit: right after I wrote this, i was downloading FF since my NIC finally worked, when i got the grey screen "You need to reboot your computer", so maybe something is still needed.

Thanks guys for any and all help! ;)

Is there confirmation of any working network cards that will work with the a nforce chipset?

problem looks like not network cards only... rtl 8139 works, but under heavy usage, it drops the network connectivity... kextunload/kextload brings back connection for some... but not all... therefore it s up to you to use any network card that works in leo (but expect network drop under heavy usage!!!)

someone tried different network card other than 8139 if the result is the same as he mentioned, than the problem is down to chipset, kernel+network framework incompatibility/instabilitiy...

nothing can be done right now, until someone with good debuging skills investigate the situation that is occuring on nforce chipsets with multicore enabled...

I see, thank you for the explanation.

problem looks like not network cards only... rtl 8139 works, but under heavy usage, it drops the network connectivity... kextunload/kextload brings back connection for some... but not all... therefore it s up to you to use any network card that works in leo (but expect network drop under heavy usage!!!)

someone tried different network card other than 8139 if the result is the same as he mentioned, than the problem is down to chipset, kernel+network framework incompatibility/instabilitiy...

nothing can be done right now, until someone with good debuging skills investigate the situation that is occuring on nforce chipsets with multicore enabled...

ok, still a noob when it comes to leopard, though i had becomed quite skilled back with the Jas 10.4.8...but regardless...here is what i did:

I downloaded the Kalyway ComboUpdate...as per what was said on page 4 briefly about how it was done...

removed the system.kext from the backup folder that came with the installer.

installed the update.

done. used kexthelper and dragged the backup folder's system.kext for installation.

rebooted...first time, loaded kinda and rebooted. Second time, straight into OS X and says 10.5.2! yahoo!! so, thanks for that.

Now my question is...do i NEED to install a new kernel? And as I read back on like page 6, do i need to delete the system.kext in the extensions folder and THEN install the kext from the backup folder? Hopefully what i have is ok.

As a P.S. Does anyone know if the graphics update will support Q.E. for the ATI 1900gt? Right now everything works, except that...and maybe speed (though i know my system is fast enough on a 2.0 Core Duo OC to 2.88)...

Edit: right after I wrote this, i was downloading FF since my NIC finally worked, when i got the grey screen "You need to reboot your computer", so maybe something is still needed.

Thanks guys for any and all help! :D

* reboot is normal comes from the installer...

* if u replaced your system.kext from one of the backed up ones from kalyway, no need to change again

* qe/ci is nothing to do with your cpu speed, it is related to graphics drivers... if you have the right natit or whatever calisto or anytg that loads the framebuffer, you are good to go, i guess, but i dont have 1900 so cant say anything about it...

* reboot happened when? during downloading? or download in the background while you were doing something else in the foreground? cannot really tell... if u can try what u were doing before freeze happened, in steps, like do the download and wait 4-5 mins, nothing happens? continue to next thing what u were doing... only than u can tell...

Reboot was from an unstable NIC.

My only real question is about going through all the other procedures in your guide, since all I did was install the Kalyway ComboUpdate (i.e. installing the new kernel). Didn't know what the new Kernel would give as far as advantages. System runs fine. Just curious if I need to do everything else? Or if simply having Kalyway 10.5.2 ComboUpdate was good enough (wow...redundancy).

Reboot was from an unstable NIC.

My only real question is about going through all the other procedures in your guide, since all I did was install the Kalyway ComboUpdate (i.e. installing the new kernel). Didn't know what the new Kernel would give as far as advantages. System runs fine. Just curious if I need to do everything else? Or if simply having Kalyway 10.5.2 ComboUpdate was good enough (wow...redundancy).

if you are using nforceethernet.kext, it is most likely the reason why the freezin happening... because nvidia nics are not very stable, since there is no offical driver I think... and in my guide and in my signature I stated that! it s not stable and causes kernel panics...

this is where that lan driver comes from

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...3317&st=120

check my post #121 over there... or read the all posts...

Mikein made the driver but took off for so long before he fixed the driver, so no luck over there...

Anyone know? Read through enough to know the answer to my question isn't out there. I actually read the forums, and yes, ask questions too.

Anyone know? Read through enough to know the answer to my question isn't out there. I actually read the forums, and yes, ask questions too.

what exactly do you want to know? Be specific with your question... and one at a time so people can understand every single question, and help better...

hi yall.. is there a new azalia version out there? cause my mic isn't working with this one... no input device found on system prefs.

ps.. still with same problem.. my network just drops.. when using at full speed. :S kinda annoying gotta reboot the os evertime..

Hello. I am having a hard time installing Iatkos R3 on my system.

The DVD works fine, but after i install it and reboot, enter the "-v" parameter, I get a kernel panic.

I will post some of the errors that show up

can't determine dependency for org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub
error getting a reference to IODEVICETRE:/options
resetting IOCATALOGUE
display: family specific matching fails
Matching service count=1
Matching service count=2
Matching service count=2
Matching service count=2
Matching service count=2
Matching service count=2
panic(cpu1 caller 0x001A8BED): Kernel trap at 0x21b375fa type14=page fault
Kernel loadable modules in backtrace(with dependencies)
com.apple.GeForce(5.1.8)
dependency: com.apple.NVDAResman
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport(1.5)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.4)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(1.5)
com.apple.NVDAResman(5.1.8)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport(1.5)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.4)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(1.5)

Does anyone know what's going on?

And another question: what driver do I need to select for my video card? Natit? Titan? NVInject? or a combination of the three?

Hello. I am having a hard time installing Iatkos R3 on my system.

Does anyone know what's going on?

And another question: what driver do I need to select for my video card? Natit? Titan? NVInject? or a combination of the three?

your problem seems to be comman problem with some nvidia cards... you need to install nvinject with right memory amount... however like I said some nvidia cards has known problem and may not work properly until 10.5.2 update + gfx update (not just gfx drivers as there is a totaly new opengl.frameworks, you need to use full gfx update)

but it has been stated in couple of posts already... there is extra information needs to be known with nvidia cards on nforce chipsets...

please read post #255 on this topic... it is explained there...

@xitaxuta:

check this post

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...+patcher+taruga

it has an audio driver that may work on your system, but again if u are lucky! many people has to stick with stereo, thats a common problem with on board audio...

please read/search forum before you post anything like this... many people are so lazy, that many of the answers are out there, but not read and searched at all... like i said many people want everything cooked and ready on their plates...

this is a noob behaviour! dont be noob!, be newbie! learn to search and read as well...

why?

because when you accomplish some stuff yourself, you will learn a lot better! if you just need help all the time, and when people are not around you will be stuck, also even people are around they will get annoyed as most questions has answers around here...

GOING TO ADD EXTRA SECTION ON THE BOTTOM OF THE POST #2 FOR MOST COMMONLY REQUESTED HARDWARE DRIVERS SECTIONS...

edit: added to the bottom of post#2 so please check those topics first if you have very specific problems...

what exactly do you want to know? Be specific with your question... and one at a time so people can understand every single question, and help better...

I looked at the guide for updating iATKOS r2 to OS X 10.5.2 via the Kalyway 10.5.2 ComboUpdate.

Before I looked at the guide, I installed succesfully just the Kalyway Update. The guide says to also update the kernel with 9.2.0 Speedstep kernel.

I didn't. My system works fine though.

Do I need to? WIll I face future problems if I don't?

If I do install the new kernel, what does it fix or what advantages are there to it?

I looked and couldn't really find out what the new kernel did.

Better? :)

I looked at the guide for updating iATKOS r2 to OS X 10.5.2 via the Kalyway 10.5.2 ComboUpdate.

Before I looked at the guide, I installed succesfully just the Kalyway Update. The guide says to also update the kernel with 9.2.0 Speedstep kernel.

I didn't. My system works fine though.

Do I need to? WIll I face future problems if I don't?

If I do install the new kernel, what does it fix or what advantages are there to it?

I looked and couldn't really find out what the new kernel did.

Better? ^_^

if you read the title it says R3 :thumbsup_anim:

update from r2 to 10.5.2 should be fine as long as you fixed your bootloader...

kernel is picky part usualy, if you do not have the right one, you may get endless restart at start up, or panic! if yours is working fine, nothing to worry about most likely kalyway update has the kernel as well, maybe thats why you dont have any trouble...

kabyl's kernel i posted here are specially patched (binary patched and not recompiled = means almost similar to vanilla <_< ) to work on nforce chipsets, toh kernels usually compiled (from sources = from 0 to end made all changes and etc its working position) to work on many other systems as well, I dont know the details but it may be buggy maybe better, I cant answer this question...

@andy: well done mate, did the best choice :afro: nforce will be always trouble as no offical support for it... unless one day apple opens up and let all x86 & x64 machines to run on os x, than u can expect officials :huh: seems unlikely...

@xitaxuta:

check this post

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...+patcher+taruga

it has an audio driver that may work on your system, but again if u are lucky! many people has to stick with stereo, thats a common problem with on board audio...

please read/search forum before you post anything like this... many people are so lazy, that many of the answers are out there, but not read and searched at all... like i said many people want everything cooked and ready on their plates...

this is a noob behaviour! dont be noob!, be newbie! learn to search and read as well...

why?

because when you accomplish some stuff yourself, you will learn a lot better! if you just need help all the time, and when people are not around you will be stuck, also even people are around they will get annoyed as most questions has answers around here...

GOING TO ADD EXTRA SECTION ON THE BOTTOM OF THE POST #2 FOR MOST COMMONLY REQUESTED HARDWARE DRIVERS SECTIONS...

edit: added to the bottom of post#2 so please check those topics first if you have very specific problems...

sorry.. i FORGOT to mention.. i ALREADY have tried all those files and drivers from Taruga .. none of them worked.... and yes i do search for thing before even go and start asking for help. and that is the reason i was asking for your help.. when i just dont have other choices... trust me i know how annoying that can be.

i'm using the driver from r3 installation.. is working analog 2.1 again no input devices :-(.. i thought you could have some other drivers source who knows.

Anyways thanks for all the help.. btw my video card works perfect now with the bios hacked.. that was the only option left.. and at the end was quite fast and simple.. although i haven't installed the graphics update from 10.5.2, i guess there's no need to, for now.

sorry.. i FORGOT to mention.. i ALREADY have tried all those files and drivers from Taruga .. none of them worked.... and yes i do search for thing before even go and start asking for help. and that is the reason i was asking for your help.. when i just dont have other choices... trust me i know how annoying that can be.

i'm using the driver from r3 installation.. is working analog 2.1 again no input devices :-(.. i thought you could have some other drivers source who knows.

Anyways thanks for all the help.. btw my video card works perfect now with the bios hacked.. that was the only option left.. and at the end was quite fast and simple.. although i haven't installed the graphics update from 10.5.2, i guess there's no need to, for now.

well the only choice is stereo unfortunately mate... and dont take my sentences forwarded to you... it is not... if you read it it s not in same paragraph, meanin I m talking in general... and answered your question already... :) but if u have stated that you already tried taruga's drivers or patcher, I would not need to remind the second paragraph... thats the problem description and many people do not do it properly... Like i said, noone can know what you did what you didnt what you have what you dont have... so if everyone can state in proper order, problem investigation can be much easier and answer (maybe not solution) can be found much quicker if you know what I mean... :) because if you read the osx installation section in the forum... you will understand much better what i mean.... again, if you read carefully, I am talking in general not pointing out you...

many people are lazy to read! this is a fact of noobness... everyone has stages in learning curve from newbie to experienced to professional... noobness has no category... if you sit tight, and think carefully, you can understand that screaming out loud will not help you solve your problem... what will help you is listing:

1-) What hardware you have?

2-) What software you have?

3-) Reading/Searching Forum: What do you know about installation methods for your mobo?

4-) Reading/Searching Forum: What can be done and what can not be on your mobo and other hardwares? What are the problems related to installation and working of particular devices? Decision: Do you want to take the challenge if it is pain to install it on your system?

5-) Experiment: What methods have you done? What methods you didnt? What are the results? (screen caps, exact error messages, etc)

6-) Writing in the Forum: Try to write above stages in proper order and detail.

7-) Waiting: Waiting in patience is the key... People here are not servants or Customer Service agents for you...

8-) Reading Forum: Now again, you waited for answers/suggestions. Here they are (lucky)... Read what is said, sometimes noobs try to help you so you can identify wrong information... or Noone said a word (unlucky)... Dont be ridiciluous and post flames around (read #7)... People may not know an answer, people may not be around.

9-) Extra Action: When forum doesnt work, go to IRC channels... But watch what you say... There are admins around and they may ban you if you dont behave... Also you may get insulted if you ask stupid questions... if you go to right channel and ask the right questions, there will be 1-2 people always trying to help, if they are around...

10-) No answer yet: Well sometimes finding an answer takes 1 min, sometimes 1month sometimes no answer at all... Sometimes best solution is just read HCL wiki, or forums stating perfect installations on certain mobos... and narrow down the entire process to 1-2-3... thats it... like andy did... (best choice if you have money-- for example about 500-600$ you can make a good mac comparable system of double price....)

11) Sharing: Do not forget to share your experience in proper order so people with similar hardwares/situation can read and do exactly what you did

good luck all...