Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

Hi,

i tried to type these:

cd /system/library/

rm -R Extensions.*

and so on

...but when it asks something and i type y (yes) it says "Read-only file system".

I guess i dont have permissions to do that? How do i change the permissions?

EDIT:

Got those commands work now but no change. It still "freezes" at this point: link

Does this have to do anything with display drivers?

Hi,

i tried to type these:

cd /system/library/

rm -R Extensions.*

and so on

...but when it asks something and i type y (yes) it says "Read-only file system".

I guess i dont have permissions to do that? How do i change the permissions?

EDIT:

Got those commands work now but no change. It still "freezes" at this point: link

Does this have to do anything with display drivers?

make a clean hardware profile on your signature, and explain the things you have done in proper order...

you dont give a damn info about what you have on your pc, have u ever read first page post#2 at all...

Thank you so much Mysticus for all the help! I now able to erease/partition my SATA HDD and install OS X. I still have many problem to solve and lessons to learn but, once again, thanks!! :)

PS: EqUaTe's post "New patch for iATKOS v1.0ir2, Fix the bootloader issues, make some improvements" is also very helpful and easy to understand.

Thank you so much Mysticus for all the help! I now able to erease/partition my SATA HDD and install OS X. I still have many problem to solve and lessons to learn but, once again, thanks!! :P

PS: EqUaTe's post "New patch for iATKOS v1.0ir2, Fix the bootloader issues, make some improvements" is also very helpful and easy to understand.

you can start by creating a hardware profile... so we can see what you have... and help u better...

Yeah ... now the installation was finished ... but after the reboot (after the finished screen)

... i have a kernel panic ... still with -v -legacy oder cpus=1 ...

What´s the error?

panic (cpu 0 caller) kernel trap at .....

Debugger called panic

Backtrace, Format - Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)

Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0

????

Yeah ... now the installation was finished ... but after the reboot (after the finished screen)

... i have a kernel panic ... still with -v -legacy oder cpus=1 ...

What´s the error?

panic (cpu 0 caller) kernel trap at .....

Debugger called panic

Backtrace, Format - Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)

Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0

????

make a signature first...! :(

no way to help u like this.

Signature is added. :D

Although the OS' installed, several components are not working so far.

1) on-board LAN device was not detected/installed. Found an old SMC 9432TX, not sure if it will work.

2) SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic card was not detected/installed.

Should I select some drivers when installing OSX or install drivers after installing OSX? Could someone kindly point out where I can find the drivers and how to install them? I'm really lost as I'm a super noob. :P

Thanks in advance!

Signature is added. :D

Although the OS' installed, several components are not working so far.

1) on-board LAN device was not detected/installed. Found an old SMC 9432TX, not sure if it will work.

2) SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic card was not detected/installed.

Should I select some drivers when installing OSX or install drivers after installing OSX? Could someone kindly point out where I can find the drivers and how to install them? I'm really lost as I'm a super noob. :P

Thanks in advance!

you mean you can boot up now??

display drivers okay? (qe/ci)

onboard lan is not working for sure, but there is not stable drivers so far ...

for the other components, you should go to check hcl in wiki.osx86project.org yourself,

i don't own them so i couldn't help you in this scope.

you mean you can boot up now??

display drivers okay? (qe/ci)

onboard lan is not working for sure, but there is not stable drivers so far ...

for the other components, you should go to check hcl in wiki.osx86project.org yourself,

i don't own them so i couldn't help you in this scope.

I have no problem boot up and the OS seems pretty stable as for now. 8800GTS runs full resolution on my Samsung 225bw (driver selected during OS installation). I switched my X-Fi XtremeMusic card with on-board sound card and was detected by OS and work correctly. :(

For P5N32-E SLI, is it the best to buy a Realtek 8139 chipset network adapter or trying to get a driver? Anyway my old SMC 9432TX can work?

Thanks.

I have no problem boot up and the OS seems pretty stable as for now. 8800GTS runs full resolution on my Samsung 225bw (driver selected during OS installation). I switched my X-Fi XtremeMusic card with on-board sound card and was detected by OS and work correctly. :(

For P5N32-E SLI, is it the best to buy a Realtek 8139 chipset network adapter or trying to get a driver? Anyway my old SMC 9432TX can work?

Thanks.

for SMB9432tx, dunno if it works, you need to find it out yourself ..

:( i think there are some long term problems for nforce chipset that're yet to be solved,

so almost all of us have network drops for various ethernet card including 8139 and got

KPs for onboard lan, but i can say it's still usable if u just use 8139 to surf the net ..

make a clean hardware profile on your signature, and explain the things you have done in proper order...

you dont give a damn info about what you have on your pc, have u ever read first page post#2 at all...

Ok, made an hw profile now. So i burned iatkos r3 dvd and it installed fine.

Drivers that i selected in customize options:

Bootloader: Darwin EFI bootloader

Patches-Kernels: Nforce NO-HPET SSE3 Kernel, Remove CPUPowerManagement, Remove Thermal kexts

VGA: Nvidia, Nvinject

Network: Realtec something

Useful tools: Temperature monitor

Booted with -v and the result is in the screenshot in my previous post.

Gonna try Kalyway's installation soon if i don't get this work.

Hi there!

I was already pretty far with my iAtkos but at the end i managed to blast my "extensions" folder because i forgot a little "." in the command :-/ I now reorganized my HDs and partitions. The Result is that i've got both Vista and OSX are on the same HD and different partitions which is not perfect but reasonable in my state. The Problem is now:

I install iAtkos normally but there is no way to reach the bootloader. I always got directly to my Vista or into the Vista Bootloader. I've tried already both bootloaders in iAtkos but the result is always the same. Does anybody know what to do?

THX and Greetz

DvP

Edit: Searched a lot in the forum but no real solutions. Maybe EqUaTe would help with the new patch, but i had minor problems later with it :-(

Realy greatful for this! thanks allot man and to the team. But im having an issue... i installed ok but on 1st boot (the boot that then leads into typing up all your info ect) it doesnt want to work...

The loading symbol just spins and spins (the apple gray logo part) and i can hear the HDD stop loading... so it just decides to give up loading i think

can anyone help me out?

edit: never mind ! 3rd time lucky! :help:

Realy greatful for this! thanks allot man and to the team. But im having an issue... i installed ok but on 1st boot (the boot that then leads into typing up all your info ect) it doesnt want to work...

The loading symbol just spins and spins (the apple gray logo part) and i can hear the HDD stop loading... so it just decides to give up loading i think

can anyone help me out?

Try booting with the -v flag.

To do this, when you boot and see the line 'Press F8 for advanced options', press F8 and type -v and press Enter. This way you will see where and why the boot process is not completing.

You can also try by booting with the -v -x flags which will boot up the OS in safe mode.

@nitrokki and DvP has the same gfx card, and my best guess is your problems are gfx card specific, as i can confirm, DvP's gfx card is the problem, OS X loads fine w/o them... Nitrokki, can you go to safe mode, and remove nvinject, geforce, and nvdanresman and nvdan50hal... see if you can boot to gui... bcoz somehow new gfx cards has problem, may have a solution in nvinject's forums... loooks like related g92 nvidia cards has this problem...

@koolkiwikat: yes there is advantage: it fixes bootloader issues... r2 doesnt load the bootloader correctly... but choice is yours of course...

@iscream: for your particular nic card, you need to search the forum i think, but RTL 8139 works, although there are issues related to it, such as network dropping after heavy usage... It is mentioned many times in this topic... however if your not using the net heavily it s all good...

@waldfee: make a hardware profile in your signature, we cant know what you have on your system...

for god sake, I typed that information as big as possible so people cant ignore them... however people are still ignoring it, w/o reading a line in the guides straight to last post and ask question... what is wrong?

ok guys now i have another issue... I tried installing the v3.3 nforce nvidia installer.. and just as it was about to finish i got the resart computer message..

so i restarted now everytime in boot on the apple screen the restart message appears :S

ok guys now i have another issue... I tried installing the v3.3 nforce nvidia installer.. and just as it was about to finish i got the resart computer message..

so i restarted now everytime in boot on the apple screen the restart message appears :S

boot into safe mode. by pressing f8 first at boot

-v -s

/sbin/mount -uw /

cd /system/library/

rm -R Extensions.*

cd extensions

rm -R NVin*

rm -R caches/com.*

reboot

should solve your problem...

did u try the installer link i gave in the post#2 at the bottom of the page?

Thanks man for the reply.

Yeah i went on the link you gave and i got the v3.3 for nforce

I tried your codes but when i get to rm -R NVin* it says no such files or directory ?

which version os x do u have now? 10.5.1? or updated to 10.5.2 already? bcoz the link i gave works on 10.5.2 update... bcoz it contains 10.5.2's gfx update and 10.5.2 gfx update works better with 10.5.2 update...

Mysticus, you succeeded somehow! I am online with hackintosh 10.5.2! LAN works with some old Compaq workstation PCI-Card. Thanks a lot for your unbelievable kind help. Hope you still can give me some hints.

THX THX THX and Greetz from Wilhering,

DvP

Edit:

getting crazy at 4 o'clock in the morning. tried in many ways to get graphics working, but your nforcepatched files were the only working solution :-) great visuals as result!

i'm afraid to say RTL8139 is good enough, a moment ago , i find 8139 caused freezing too ...

network drops is not the problem anymore ... maybe nforce chip's user are meant to use

one core only ..so sad :(

maybe nforce chip's user are meant to use

one core only ..so sad :(

Is "about this mac" it tells me also that i've got a core2solo processor but in system monitor it shows me all 4 cores working. did you check both?

the graphic card is still a problem for me. i can use the right resolution but the peformance (checked in xbench) is very poor. can you check yours too to share results and get sure?