Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

Hey Mysticus, a couple replies ago you said get a different motherboard for almost a perfect install. Do you have any suggestions on motherboards and what install disc would you recommend with that board. Thanks!

asus p5w

and gigabyte ga-p35-DSx (x=3,4,5) series works very nicely on Kalyway, gigabyte has small problem for first install, but if u ve USB enclosure, thats about it i think rest are easy and they install perfect system with vanilla (original kernel) and almost all apple updates as they are on mac os x, only 1-2 files usualy needs replacing after install... but not a major problem like on nforces...

i installed the iAtkos R3 version.....

everything goes fine....i had no kernel panic........

whats working "out of box":

- Sound

- Nvida 8800gts 640mb g80

- IDE

whats not working:

- usb is not working correct.....usb stick is only recognized when i put the stick in before booting

- oboard LAN

dont know whats the problem with USB because in 10.4.9 it worked....

also the RTL network card gets these inet connection drops....

now i will try a 10.5.2 update.....which update method / version exactly to choose ????

what newer kernel?

there are 5 kernels on my kernel link...

have u tried each one of them?

Tried all Kernels from ur Link....No one of these works for me :) Will use the actual working 9.2.0 Kernel from ToH and wait.. :)

Hey Mysticus,

My friend has a 8800GTX and a p5n32-e SLI board.

We installed iATKOS r3 onto the IDE hard drive perfectly, but when trying to install to the sata drive we encountered some problems, We couldn't get his graphics card to function properly after install. He didn't have QE/CI or any proper resolution. Do you have any idea on what could be causing this, He installed NVInject and apply the right Device ID to the GeForce, NVDAResman, NVDANV50hal kext's.

Any help would be awesome!

Actually we have been debugging the issue its either EFI, or the nvinject on install, only a reinstall can tell....

Hey Mysticus,

My friend has a 8800GTX and a p5n32-e SLI board.

We installed iATKOS r3 onto the IDE hard drive perfectly, but when trying to install to the sata drive we encountered some problems, We couldn't get his graphics card to function properly after install. He didn't have QE/CI or any proper resolution. Do you have any idea on what could be causing this, He installed NVInject and apply the right Device ID to the GeForce, NVDAResman, NVDANV50hal kext's.

Any help would be awesome!

Actually we have been debugging the issue its either EFI, or the nvinject on install, only a reinstall can tell....

it may be issue on some nforce chipsets, but if u update to 10.5.2 gfx works like a charm...

for the sata, I m not sure, if it is not on raid? it should work actually, but cant really thell from here right now, bcoz sometimes it doesnt like chipset and doesnt work... also i posted a link about nvinject installer, and in download section of that page, you will see an nforce guide... check it, if it doesnt work, that means u will need to update to 10.5.2

We actually figured out the issue, his gfx card (8800gtx) doesn't have a efi string, therefore he installed with the Darwin OSX86 bootloader and everything is fine.

So I guess we have to wait for someone to add the gfx card to the EFI strings...

But what is strange is that with the IDE.. EFI worked perfectly...

I managed to boot into the osx for the first time after switch my sata hard drive for an external usb hard drive aka "my book" brand western digital. I installed the atkos r3 over a MBR and single partition. Anyway after installed without error. During the first boot got some panic error! Then I tried putting -v -x cpus=1 and it worked! Although no lan and no sound working any ideas??

I managed to boot into the osx for the first time after switch my sata hard drive for an external usb hard drive aka "my book" brand western digital. I installed the atkos r3 over a MBR and single partition. Anyway after installed without error. During the first boot got some panic error! Then I tried putting -v -x cpus=1 and it worked! Although no lan and no sound working any ideas??

the problem i see is in your signature, have u checked the scsi card if it is compatible with os x or not? where did u see anyone installing OS X on scsi port?

also have you tried an IDE (PATA) disk?

fix: my bad, i misunderstood your statement, and u place scsi name copying from windows properties i guess.... take that scsi part out, it s confusing...

for the lan check forums about your lan dev id

for audio i posted one azalia kext or u can search for hda patcher by taruga...

I got it working!!!! Both Sound and LAN working out of the box!!!! Amazing!!

Installation : here are the steps in the customize

Select bootloader Darwin x86

select patch nforce no-hpet ss3 (i even tried the ss2 didnt boot)

remove cpupowermanagament driver

remove thermal kexts

In drivers I only select the network one Marvell Yukon

that's it!!!

installed over sata drive

Although still couldn't get my geforce 7900gtx 512mb to work properly :-( if I select any of the nvidia drivers on the insllation the osx boots fine but when it gets to the welcome screen it stops with the small colored cursor spinning and a total black screen.

any ideas mysticus??? Looks like nobody has 7900gtx around anymore LOL

I got it working!!!! Both Sound and LAN working out of the box!!!! Amazing!!

Installation : here are the steps in the customize

Select bootloader Darwin x86

select patch nforce no-hpet ss3 (i even tried the ss2 didnt boot)

remove cpupowermanagament driver

remove thermal kexts

In drivers I only select the network one Marvell Yukon

that's it!!!

installed over sata drive

Although still couldn't get my geforce 7900gtx 512mb to work properly :-( if I select any of the nvidia drivers on the insllation the osx boots fine but when it gets to the welcome screen it stops with the small colored cursor spinning and a total black screen.

any ideas mysticus??? Looks like nobody has 7900gtx around anymore LOL

you may need to update to 10.5.2, some nvidia cards has problem, but 10.5.2 update solves it...

check your r3 iso md5...

3F3D063873469A5357F392D027843C10

it should match this one...

in windows use accuhash program (google it)

in os x

md5 file_name

thats it...

?Mysticus?, Sorry but I'm a little confused about the MD5 hash you have here. in the text file with the PPF is states the ir3 patched ISO hash should be d65285f10c625310ecc93f6ee3d928b1. Is there something else I should be patching or doing to match your hash here?

Thanks

Dora

?Mysticus?, Sorry but I'm a little confused about the MD5 hash you have here. in the text file with the PPF is states the ir3 patched ISO hash should be d65285f10c625310ecc93f6ee3d928b1. Is there something else I should be patching or doing to match your hash here?

Thanks

Dora

you probably downloaded equate's last patch?

Check your PM...

Good News: Problems solved!! :D If I boot up with cpus=1 Option then my Firewire Port shows up the Drive and everything works. Same with the USB Mouse.

Using all Cores? i don't know if the Kernel uses all the Cores now (C2D CPU) but looking out for a new Kernel... :P

Many Thx & Greets to Mysticus and all the Rest of the Team!

Good News: With a patched System.kext (BIG THX to Kabyl for this help!) it runs perfect with ALL Cores and FireWire and without Mouse Problems :) Using Newest 9.2.0 Kernel from Irc.

Darwin zeus 9.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Tue Feb 26 21:21:24 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

EDIT: With this Kernel System Freeze on Heavy Network Load!

@Mysticus: Ur Kernels work also with the patched System.kext! :) Will Stress-Test the NForce Kernel in the next Days and report.

EDIT: Problem with Heavy Network Load, Network Card plays "Ping-Pong" aka "On" "Off" "On" "Off", etc.!

Good News: With a patched System.kext (BIG THX to Kabyl for this help!) it runs perfect with ALL Cores and FireWire and without Mouse Problems :) Using Newest 9.2.0 Kernel from Irc.

Darwin zeus 9.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Tue Feb 26 21:21:24 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

EDIT: With this Kernel System Freeze on Heavy Network Load!

@Mysticus: Ur Kernels work also with the patched System.kext! :) Will Stress-Test the NForce Kernel in the next Days and report.

EDIT: Problem with Heavy Network Load, Network Card plays "Ping-Pong" aka "On" "Off" "On" "Off", etc.!

they are not my kernel, they are done by either netkas or kabyl... if it says nforce kernel, it definetely is from kabyl...

Have talked to Kabyl....He think it's a Problem with the Chipset or something else...not with the Kernel. System freezes on Heavy System Load too.

Booting with cpus=1 than all is okay.

Searching for a Solution....

yeah no solution for now, as it is either related to our chipsets, or the leopard's network frameworks.... only way to know is that checking rtl8139 on intel chipset... if someone can check and get stable connection on leopard, than it s most likely our chipset, else still chipset bcoz kernels work differently on different chipsets... some devices restart and shutdown well, and sleep works, some doesnt... similar situation maybe...

if someone can try another brand supported nic card on nforce to see the difference...

not rtl 8139 but some other which i dont remember any now :)

I just purchased a Realtek 8139 PCI card and installed, but have no luck with Leopard recognizing it, So no lan. Any suggestions?

TRY THIS

place it to drivers folder and fix the permissions....

one warning: it has drops from internet at high load, and kextunload/kextload needed in some cases, or restart needed for the driver to function on some cases....

But using cpus=1 flag on boot, fixes drop, as said by many people, however this disables all your cores and make it run on one core only...

Ok, I'm a total noob when it comes to Leopard. Do you mean the extensions folder? or do have to find hidden folders. That file is already in my extensions folder. ;)

read the tutorial in first post!!!!!!!!!! thats the whole idea of the post, if u wanna be noob, fine, but better to be a newbie, not a noob! noobs dont read, all they do is ask question and never use search buttons... they want everything to be cooked for them and placed on their plate ready...

read drivers

read fix permissions...

read delete mkext/caches

read boot flags, -v -f...