Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

Removed those files Mysticus mentioned but no luck :(

I also tried Kalyways release but couldn't get even into installation. Guess i have to give up :/

Sounds like my first tries. I definitely neede a PATA DVD-Rom (no installation possible else) and the right SATA HDD drive. One of my could never load efi-bootloader, the other one just works fine. Without these two things i wouldnt have any hackintosh too. Tiger installation some months ago was competely impossible for my system.

Is "about this mac" it tells me also that i've got a core2solo processor but in system monitor it shows me all 4 cores working. did you check both?the graphic card is still a problem for me. i can use the right resolution but the peformance (checked in xbench) is very poor. can you check yours too to share results and get sure?
what're you talking about?yea, what system monitor shows is what you got, u may also check activity monitor see if there're four core working...what do you mean poor? if u got over 200 marks, that's okay. btw, xbench is suck..
Removed those files Mysticus mentioned but no luck :(I also tried Kalyways release but couldn't get even into installation. Guess i have to give up :/
what kernel are u using?try boot up with -v -f cpus=1 , see what happens.

Ok sorry if i confuse you. System Monitor? System Profiler doesnt work for me, just craches instantly. Activity Monitor shows 4 Cores with some activity here but if i click about this mac, it tells me "core2solo" 2,4ghz. Thats what i ment.

These are my xbench results:

"Quartz Graphics Test: 158.0

OpenGL Graphics Test: 110.17

User Interface Test: 224.80"

Thats pretty slow, isnt it?

Ok sorry if i confuse you. System Monitor? System Profiler doesnt work for me, just craches instantly. Activity Monitor shows 4 Cores with some activity here but if i click about this mac, it tells me "core2solo" 2,4ghz. Thats what i ment.

These are my xbench results:

"Quartz Graphics Test: 158.0

OpenGL Graphics Test: 110.17

User Interface Test: 224.80"

Thats pretty slow, isnt it?

hmm, it's very slow...

this what i got,

Results 280.24

System Info

Xbench Version 1.3

System Version 10.5.2 (9C31)

Physical RAM 2048 MB

Model MacPro3,1

Drive Type ST3500630AS ST3500630AS

Quartz Graphics Test 280.20

Line 218.24 14.53 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 302.91 90.44 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 241.26 19.67 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 232.01 5.85 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 663.95 41.53 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 204.91

Spinning Squares 204.91 259.94 frames/sec

User Interface Test 443.23

Elements 443.23 2.03 Krefresh/sec

btw, what methods are u using? nvinject?

for the crash of system proflier,

i don't know what exactly your problem is and the causes, since

i'm not using iatokas to install, but there are some problems with your loginwindows.app,

have the system proflier worked before??? or you may try to replace the loginwindows again from the disc.

pls look up here, i explained there how i got the graphics to "work":

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...0&start=280

I sadly don't know exactly which files he took and what he edited. Could'nt ask him 'till now because he is still offline.

According the system proflier:

I think it worked directly after the clean install but i am not sure. Would be good to fix it for checking components if the work right but i don't know how to fix loginwindows.app with the disk :-( Sorry still a lot of knowledge missing.

DvP

pls look up here, i explained there how i got the graphics to "work":

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...0&start=280

I sadly don't know exactly which files he took and what he edited. Could'nt ask him 'till now because he is still offline.

According the system proflier:

I think it worked directly after the clean install but i am not sure. Would be good to fix it for checking components if the work right but i don't know how to fix loginwindows.app with the disk :-( Sorry still a lot of knowledge missing.

DvP

[How to] replace loginwindow.app from install disc

1. mount your iatokas install disc

2. navigate to your disc

3. Finer > Go > system/installation/packages

4. use latest version of pacifist, open the package

5. navigate to system/library/coreservices

6. drag and drop the loginwindow.app to your root

7. reboot the computer, boot up with flag -s

8. input these command

mount -uw /
cp -R /loginwindow.app /system/library/coreservices/
exit

should work.

i think what you mysticus mean modified kext is refer to the nvinject.kext

and if u used the v.33 installer, there should be 10.5.2 kext (graphic update 1.0)

i'm not so sure what exactly your problem is, just be sure you're know what you're doing.

[How to] replace loginwindow.app from install disc

1. mount your iatokas install disc

2. navigate to your disc

3. Finer > Go > system/installation/packages

4. use latest version of pacifist, open the package

5. navigate to system/library/coreservices

6. drag and drop the loginwindow.app to your root

7. reboot the computer, boot up with flag -s

8. input these command

mount -uw /
 cp -R /loginwindow.app /system/library/coreservices/
 exit

Thanks i'll try this later. Hope it helps!

i think what you mysticus mean modified kext is refer to the nvinject.kext

and if u used the v.33 installer, there should be 10.5.2 kext (graphic update 1.0)

i'm not so sure what exactly your problem is, just be sure you're know what you're doing.

I took .33 installer and installed 10.5.2 kexts and the 512mb option. Next reboot -> nvdaresman and nvdanv50hal panics. Thats what i did in the order i wrote down in other thread. The kext package mysticus gave me was named "nforcepatched" and contained: GeForce.kext, nvdanv30hal.kext, nvdanv50hal.kext, nvdaresman.kext and NVinjekt.kext

Thanks i'll try this later. Hope it helps!

I took .33 installer and installed 10.5.2 kexts and the 512mb option. Next reboot -> nvdaresman and nvdanv50hal panics. Thats what i did in the order i wrote down in other thread. The kext package mysticus gave me was named "nforcepatched" and contained: GeForce.kext, nvdanv30hal.kext, nvdanv50hal.kext, nvdaresman.kext and NVinjekt.kext

hmm, that' right. some device string was modifed.

mysticus is here, ask him :angel:

@mui: it s not nvinject I m talking about :angel: I added small line of code to some nvidia gfx drivers(to differentiate the device type as vga) bcoz on nforce chipset mobo, we have too many nvidia products on board, and nvd gfx drivers is missing one line of code to differentiate the device type. for example, you have nvidia NIC, nvidia sata/pata controller, nvidia gfx card. So differentiate what is what, you need to add a code to define that gfx driver will look for VGA type of device... :P I added the line to all nvidia gfx card drivers, and also did the mentioned nvidia fix on the drivers that s suggested by macgirl... this line of code also solves the conflict problem related to ATI Radeon HD cards :P it was never ati card, it was the nvidia chipset taht is causing the problem. Because gfx drivers is lacking device type recognition...

I will post the fixed drivers soon...

@DvP: I will take a look at your situation again... later... but for your problem, we need to test it on working 10.5.2 system... otherwise will not work, I will post the files manually, and you will install them all manually, bcoz auto install makes un patched drivers to load which causes immidiate freeze... to avoid this, u need to add them manually or we need to make a new installer with the patched drivers...

Hopefully for nvidia chipsets, I will post the edited drivers after I am done uploading, will see if i can make installer...

@DvP: I will take a look at your situation again... later...

THX your the best! Wouldn't have any chance without you. And I am truely meaning that. Maybe that sounds {censored} somehow, but i don't mind. I've got leopard :-)

Edit:

PLS open gmail, would be easier.

@mysticus.. and hey , you see the msg, my 8139 gives me freeze now, that really sad :)

do you have any IM, do you mind? heh

well 8139 may note be the freezing one...

my best guess is RAM amount or NForceATA driver... I do have freezes sometimes in large files when extracting them (1gb or bigger files...) before always freezing randomly, 100% sure due to nforceata pata driver section... thats why i m using appleviaata.kext now, and current freezes only happens with very large files... meaning that RAM issue... never had anymore freeze with network...

first identify these two possibilities for your system, than you can say 8139 ;)

@Nitrokki: identify your problem in brief steps: what you did, what you didnt, what are the symptoms and what are the error messages (screen shot if possible clear as much as possible..)

Seems like my dvd-drive is coming to an end of it's road. Ordered new one (IDE), which should come next week.

Will be reporting back again when i get something new to show u guys. Hopefully i'll get it working soon :)

great...

ok I think i made a totaly fixed gfx update installer... which requires no skills after 10.5.2 kalyway update... just install it and no need to meddle fixing another thing.. everything will be included in the 1.0 official update... plust nvinject installers

i will post the link soon...

My EVGA 8800GTS 640mb works out of box (I selected the driver during OS installation). Maybe I'm just lucky.

I got a D-Link DFE-530TX+ (ver. 6) LAN adapter. It didn't work out of box as the HCL indicates. I followed this guide (see link below) and it works for now. I haven't do any stress testing. Doing some BT download, will report if any new discovery.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry657439

My EVGA 8800GTS 640mb works out of box (I selected the driver during OS installation). Maybe I'm just lucky.

I got a D-Link DFE-530TX+ (ver. 6) LAN adapter. It didn't work out of box as the HCL indicates. I followed this guide (see link below) and it works for now. I haven't do any stress testing. Doing some BT download, will report if any new discovery.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry657439

is it g80? or g92? series? bcoz dvp has g92... series as he is saying...

Same freezing problems for me. im using a realtek 8169 card it appeared to be running okay on heavy load but then 5 mins later it froze. I restarted and tried keeping it on with all cores enabled but it froze randomly while i was using ichat. Before this card i tried 3 differnt 8139 cards that didnt work. this really sucks =/

Same freezing problems for me. im using a realtek 8169 card it appeared to be running okay on heavy load but then 5 mins later it froze. I restarted and tried keeping it on with all cores enabled but it froze randomly while i was using ichat. Before this card i tried 3 differnt 8139 cards that didnt work. this really sucks =/

some of these freezes occurs from two other reasons...

+ RAM amount over 2 gb

+ NforceATA driver with PATA devices on it... (dont know about sata as never tried it...)

i have never ever had any freeze with rtl8169 at all, only network drops... freeze occuring usualy from above two reason...

Ok got dvd-drive from my friend and have been testing this whole evening.

1. Installation (iAtkos r3) went fine. Selected these in custom menu: link

2. Booted first time with -v flag. Result here: link

3. Booted second time with the -v -s flags and removed nvinject, geforce, nvdanresman and nvdan50hal. Booted with -v -f cpus=1 flags

Result: link

When i boot without flags i get only apple's boot screen (apple logo on grey background and that loading circle)

Would appreciate if anyone could help me with this. :o

Could someone please explain

"a- ) Drag and Drop the kernel to your mach_kernel from the desktop into root of your partition A in a finder window" in nub talk to me please. lol

Im trying to update but im getting lost at this part :S wheres the root ? and am i putting "mach_kernel" in there?

Ok got dvd-drive from my friend and have been testing this whole evening.1. Installation (iAtkos r3) went fine. Selected these in custom menu: link2. Booted first time with -v flag. Result here: link3. Booted second time with the -v -s flags and removed nvinject, geforce, nvdanresman and nvdan50hal. Booted with -v -f cpus=1 flags Result: linkWhen i boot without flags i get only apple's boot screen (apple logo on grey background and that loading circle)Would appreciate if anyone could help me with this. :angel:
if you want the apple screen, you remove the flag -vmaybe you should to boot up with -x (safe mode)i'm not sure the reason why you hang there, cus i got that msg too, but my sys could go pass that fast.
some of these freezes occurs from two other reasons...+ RAM amount over 2 gb+ NforceATA driver with PATA devices on it... (dont know about sata as never tried it...)i have never ever had any freeze with rtl8169 at all, only network drops... freeze occuring usualy from above two reason...
i have only 2G ram...hmm, i should try to remove all pata drives from my computer to test ... (that's the writer n a hardisk..)
Could someone please explain"a- ) Drag and Drop the kernel to your mach_kernel from the desktop into root of your partition A in a finder window" in nub talk to me please. lolIm trying to update but im getting lost at this part :S wheres the root ? and am i putting "mach_kernel" in there?
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry658597check here, follow the instructions, gui version is coming.

is it g80? or g92? series? bcoz dvp has g92... series as he is saying...

I'm not sure but I would guess it is g80 because I purchased it when 8800 just got out (more than 1 year ago). Anyway to check it?

Also, my DFE-530TX+ dropped twice since the evening (after I got back from work). It seems to be OK during the day (when no one is using it) because I have been downloading using Azureus since last night. I suppose the network couldn't automatically recover. So the cause for the drops could be computer/internet usage? (just a newbie guess :P )

Good luck everyone!!

if you want the apple screen, you remove the flag -vmaybe you should to boot up with -x (safe mode)i'm not sure the reason why you hang there, cus i got that msg too, but my sys could go pass that fast.

Well tried with -v -x flags but no luck :(

See here

And btw i'm trying to install now on my SATA hdd.

@tmazzoni: From what you are saying it is only a display information problem... to make sure your system is recognized as whole, from bios, enable execute disable bit, and put the acpi status to s3...

now go to applications/utilities/activity monitor: see one of the information screens over there will show how many cpus running

next things is to check your system profiler: if what you say is happening here? meaning showing core solo here? it is either your startup plist file indicates cpus=1 or you have smbios problem as well as maybe wrong kernel (if you didnt choose the right one at install)? if you choose everything correctly, than trying a 10.5.2 update may??? solve it...

Well I did everything right now, but:

1) 10.5.1 works out of the box, System profiler shows Core Solo, Activity monitor shows 2 cpus;

2) 10.5.2 update: System profiler shows Core Solo, then crashes when I click on more info; this feels bad enough to revert to 10.5.1;

3) I spent hours trying to get my GeForge 8600 256MB (PCI ID 0402:10de) card to work, but no luck as yet with either system, various methods and kext editings. Strange enough, I can't figure out which GXX is, though I searched the whole Internet (!) and manufacturer's site as well.

I'm looking forward to getting your video card patch...