Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

ok thanks...

well maybe you have nforce chipset... :) looks funny, HP doesnt give any information on chipset, but searching trhough internet shows some nforce (mcp51) related stuff on your system... but not entirely sure about it... you can give it a try, but guide on the page will be different for you for the kernel part... you may need to choose see2-sse3 kernel instead of nforce kernel (i m not entirely sure about it you will need to experiment yourself) and do not install video drivers until you update to 10.5.2 only than go to the web site i asked you to go...

you can use my guide for 10.5.2 update and use the same kernels but (i dont guarantee the kernel will work for you -- so you may need to find amd kernel)...

and check your PM on what to install...

wish you luck...

i have the Asus P5N-E-Sli mobo and not the "iAtkos" realese but the "ToH RC2"

My problem is that i cant erase-format my sata disk. My othe sata disk got Xp.

I think i have tried everything all the ways of format (acronis-diskpart-dos) but i always get the same "input/output error" Any ideas?

Tried to do the 10.5.2 update on a spare install but i am running into problems.

I followed Mysticus instructions but the install is now stuck in a reboot loop.

I suspect i put the mach_kernel in the wrong place. I just opend my LEO drive in a finder window and draged it across.is this wrong? where exactly do i place it?

Thanks.

i have the Asus P5N-E-Sli mobo and not the "iAtkos" realese but the "ToH RC2"

My problem is that i cant erase-format my sata disk. My othe sata disk got Xp.

I think i have tried everything all the ways of format (acronis-diskpart-dos) but i always get the same "input/output error" Any ideas?

Yes. The ToH RC2 Release has Problems with SATA Disks. Use the iatkos v1.0i r3 instead. :thumbsup_anim:

Right. I know this isnt about iAtkos, but I was hoping someone could shed some ilght on it anyway.

Ive been currently tryign to get Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI.iso to work. Thats where all my "waiting for root" problems happened.

So last night I downloaded Leopard-AMD-10.5.1.iso. To my amazement it got to the actual install screen!! :D

However :( that was about it. It seems to take ages to load. When I try and use disk util to format my 20gig partition, it will either just hang on getting drive information" or when I do click erase it will just stay on "preparing to format". The HD light stays on, but nothing else happens.

Im so close yet so far! And I know it isnt about iAtkos so im sorry, but any help regarding this would be very helpful.

If it helps, I used a linux partitioner to create a 2nd partition which is now a 20gig ntfs. I flagged it as boot which Leopard liked. But its still not plain sailing.

:)

just installed iATKOS r3

everything worked flawlessly out of the box!

my specs:

asus P5N32-E SLI - nforce 680i chipset

Core2 E6600

geforce 8800GTX - fully work with nvinject 0.1.3

3xsataII hd - ntfs formated so they are read-only

2xpata drives - works

sata optiarc (sony) dvd drive - didn't worked so i took my dad's pata dvd

audio - build in adi1988b - stereo only

LAN RTL8139 - works out of the box

my first attempt to install leo was with toh rc2 dvd

it took me 3 days and a lot of terminal stuff, drivers strings editing to complete the install

and in the end the audio didn't work.

With this release 20 mins end everything was ticking, very impressive :)

my only problem that my usb midi keyboard is not recognized in the audio midi setup

I can see it in the profiler under the usb, but "rescan MIDI" doesn't find anything

and i can't use it in Logic Pro :(

the device is class compliant, it sould be plug and play (no drivers needed)

any advice?

post-165909-1203686418_thumb.png

post-165909-1203686582_thumb.png

@vangel: toh rc2 sata driver is old and not compatible with newer mcp controller... check your pm, you will find infor where you find the r3, it s not public... :) for some reason... there are many people with same mobo, and they have success stories already... please right a signature of your hardware profile... if you want your questions to be answered properly...

@darksurge: please right a signature of your hardware profile... if you want your questions to be answered properly...

@lord knorr: I have no idea about amd systems, I showed you where you can get the r3, now it s you to experiment a bit...

@mui: since 10.5.2, i have the same problem started recently, thinking that it may be related to IONetworkFamily driver? I m gonna try to replace it and see what will happen... used r3 for two weeks didnt happen in the highest usage opening 20 pages and downloading 7 rs files at 100mbs each for many days, and nothing happened.... this is one of the reasons why NOT everyone should update to 10.5.2 I warned before as it may break some drivers.... there is always a risk... so I will check what will happen after my some driver mix n match test... will let you know...

@mad doc: the issue might be iatkos have some trouble with usb systems I think... I dont know why, you may give 10.5.2 update a try, but dont guarantee it may work perfectly since it is very new, dont know the mass impacts of it yet, well I and Mui is experiencing network drops on the NIC card, so this is one thing... dunno the other... also welcome aboard... also please right a signature of your hardware profile... if you want your questions to be answered properly...

Too all others with amd systems, I dont have any experience with amd+nforce mobo so cant tell if it may work or not... you need to experiment mix n match so that you can see what works what doesnt... and please do not install drivers before your system can boot properly...

To ALL please right a signature of your hardware profile... if you want your questions to be answered properly... not just on a post, we have to scroll back to see what you have, when in signature, we can always see it...

first: thanks Mysticus!

my System is finally working. BUT:

* no usb-drive is working

*After a while the mouse stops working.

* Perhaps i sometimes my networking is not working (i have to figure this out)

Perhaps my networking stops working and then my mouse, too?

Anyone with the same experience ?

first: thanks Mysticus!

my System is finally working. BUT:

* no usb-drive is working

*After a while the mouse stops working.

* Perhaps i sometimes my networking is not working (i have to figure this out)

Perhaps my networking stops working and then my mouse, too?

Anyone with the same experience ?

try 10.5.2 update guide... and try it on your own risk to see if usb problems will go away... i had the issue couple of times but not anymore on the new 10.5.2... bu as warning to others, it may break some drivers, and make some drivers work better... so it is your risk to take...

for usb there is also a testing driver here so if you would like to give it a try... good luck...

it may be related to acpi drivers, similar that dvd sleeps during installation... I dont know why usb is keep causing trouble, my guess is only acpi drivers...

just one side note: the rtl8139 drivers are originally designed to work on Tiger, so just thinking the issue of loosing network connectivity after a while may be related to that, the driver may be needs to be compiled to work on Leopard... I dont know if it s relevant but some drivers before, needed to be revised in order to get them working on Leopard...

@Mysticus: well I'm experiencing network drops as well with iATKOS r3 10.5.1

had the same problem with toh rc2 with 10.5.1 update

I think it's the AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext that causing the drops

Has any tried this version?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=38223#

hmm looks like there is a new driver for RTL8139 recompiled for leopard... :)

anyone want to try ? here it is

Important note for installing: PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext in your drivers folder first so that you dont have conflict...

remove first driver pcgenrtl8139 I think

add/use installer to install the new driver

remove Extensions.mkext

remove caches/com.*

fix permission on the new file AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext

reboot with -v -f

thanks for the link, mysticus .. i'm now testing and will report later

in fact, i also got a levelone an983b lan card in hand, just don't know what drivers to make that work, tulip?

if this still don't work, i may try that one :D

thanks for the link, mysticus .. i'm now testing and will report later

in fact, i also got a levelone an983b lan card in hand, just don't know what drivers to make that work, tulip?

if this still don't work, i may try that one ;)

some bad news: new driver has same results... will try old IONetworkingFamily in this and see how it will work...

I am testing OLD IONetworkingFamily driver with old driver PCGenRTL8139Ethernet (this driver also on the iAtkos DVD) is originally designed to work on old IONetworkingFamily (version 1.5.1 - from 10.4.8 Tiger)

so will report back how it goes under heavy usage...

@indigo: does your network card has a name? dev id? how can we know what wireless you have?

Atheros AR5006X wireless network adaptor

check this topic

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=61260

also testin IONetworkingFamily heavily :P

downloading 7 files at 100mb each at the same time

opening 5-10 pages at the same time....

stressing the highest usage possible to see if it is gonna drop any connection...

looking good still... no drop yet...

Can someone please help me? I have downloaded iatkos AMD patch and burned it to a DVD at the lowest speed, but when the installer loads and I go in to Disk Utility, my hard drive doesnt come up on the left side. Some help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
your hardware specs would be nice on your signature...your hdd may not show if you dont have nforce ata injected to your dvd's boot extensions and install extensions for first boot from hdd... if you have nforce mobo...since you dont have any information, difficult to tell...

bad news: IONetworkingFamily is also giving up connectivity...so it is down to kernel right now i guess... unless there is a flaw in the driver design, can be the new schedular issue with flushing buffers...

Thank you so much!

We have the same mobo and processor. I had the r1 iatkos iso so i ppf'ed r2 and r3 and it came out fine w/o any errors. But, this version too goes into the reboot loop in 2-3 seconds as soon as it is loading the bootloader. Is there anything I missed in the BIOS that I need to change?

The Kalyway install works fine though w/o any typical problems except that I have to put in cpus=1 and the XBence score is about 80. This is less than half of what others are getting and I do not know how to increase the score so that the Adobe applications run faster and smoother as they do in Vista64. Btw, I am using medevil's patches for nforce SATA read/write capabilities.

Once again, thanks!