Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

@mui: well done :)

@DvP: Try changing your sata port of DVD drive to an other one first and see what happens... and if it is still the same, try changin the hdd port as well... see if it will change anything?

and make sure you use the first 4 ports.. and if it doesnt work, than try last 2 as well... if changing ports doesnt work... I m afraid you will need to use pata dvd drive :P if you read my signature, you will see...

note: your signature says dvdrw pata :) too much copy pasting i think... dont u have sata dvd?

I copied to much from you signature ;-)

Yesterday i've changed the SATA ports a lot. My Hands a pretty scratched now from that. i've moved the hdd and the sata dvd all arround like i wrote in the first post. now they are on 1 and 2. I think i didnt try the last ones. Do i get to work the sata DVD after the installation with the pata DVD? I hope so that i need no more sata ports switching. I think i would be the first who had to put the drives to the last ports. Because of my experience with the working sata driver in uhuck i hope i get to run the drives after the installation. it would be good if the lan ports would also work. hoping hoping hoping

Hi,

No matter what i do this will not work, i have tryed your method, This method, and the method iAtkos suggests, i have tryed the iAtkos v1 and tryed it with all the updates and patches you can apply, i have tryed kalyways dvd's, nothing works.

I have emailed yourself, kalyway and iAtkos & posted in the forums, but no mention of pointing me in the right direction, i dont get what the problem is i have some of the best equipment available on the market and this will not work, i guess this just proves how limited MAC's are.

I was a MAC hater before i tryed this and as i said i have been trying this for about 3-4 weeks now and it still dont work. I actually wanted to stop myself hating them so much but its kinda back firing!!

No matter what method i try (ignoring the dual boot!!) i can prep a totally separate harddisk for the MAC install, unplug everything other then my DVD drive and the prepared Hard Disk for OSX, and no matter what DVD (iAtkos or Kalyway) when i run the setup (with -v) it just stops and tells me that "cannot find root device"

I dont get the problem, the drive is there, it is plugged in, it is formatted for OSX. it should work.

I know that this has something to do with my nForce board, but i have seem people on this forum with the Same EVGA board as me and they have it working. With regards to this, iAtkos, Kalyway and devilhood all mention that "you need to inject the nforce drivers into the DVD" but im sure that i have applyed each update in chronological order and tryed the install each time with the same effect.

From what i can see, the DVD's dont work, the updates dont work, and peoples described methods dont work. I have read every page i can find about this, i am not a lazy person and i do my research but i find that no-one is willing to help, this is kind of infuriating as i have followed every compliance in the forum rules, i have read everything i can find, i have not made rubbish posts asking repeating questions.

It is like banging my head off a brick wall.

My system config is below, can someone please help:

All hard disks are sata, DVD drive is IDE

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700, Socket 775, 2.66 GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 4MB Cache Link

EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 NF680i SLI, S775, PCI-E(x16) MoBo Link

BFG GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB Link

Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2 Dominator TwinX Link

Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series Link

2 x 74 GB Western Digital WD740ADFD Raptor, SATA I, 10000 rpm, 16MB Cache (Striped RAID) (Vista Installed Here) Link

80 GB Western Digital WD800AAJS Caviar SE, SATA II, 7200 rpm, 8MB Cache (Not in an array - stand alone drives) Link

@ bennec83

Same Chipset, same RAM, same HDD and nearly the same GPU. I could try your integrated iAtkos if you injected the driver from medevil. hopefully i wont get stuck at the same place.

@ hamb0ne

Cant you upload your iso anywhere? I would open a ftp with 100kb up to get it and to give it to bennec.

@dvp: Sorry I cant answer the question as I dont know how it would respond, new test driver seems to work for some people... but it s not complete yet...

note: also do not point to wrong information... same chipsets known to work differently in different mobos! so dont hand out wrong information mate...

@bennec: check your PM first, and sorry if i missed your message, a while back I emptied my pm box as it was keep filling up in a day... yours mite have been wasted as well :)

before I start telling you anything, you must understand the fact that macs are designed to work on specific hardware profiles! you may have light years ahead system specs, million $$$ worth of hardware, doesnt mean anything... if you dont have the right specs!!!

now after checking your PM box, start over from reading post#1 and post#2 ... learn post#1 as it will help you in later stages... post #2 for the installation information...

if you cant do it after that again, we can try troubleshooting your problem one by one... but first add your hardware profile to your signature...

go to my controls, left pane to edit signature, and copy paste your h/w profile and update my signature

good luck...

@dvp: didnt say you posted wrong information? just grab yourself a pata dvdrw really, 20-30bucks? it will help you much better... you have the same mobo, and if you wait patiently (maybe buy the pata dvd) it may solve your problem much quicker... also check your PM

edit: the wrong information was same mobo same cpu hdd etc... doesnt mean much when it comes to osx, sometimes different bios versions, sometimes same chipset in different mobos dont work same... in one for example i ve p5n32e sli mobo, and helped someone almost identical, but it didnt work, everytg the same! so figured out something else... by going step by step... so when you say, same cpu same mobo same chipset, make sure you understand how the installation and drivers work... thats what i mean...

Got some evolution here: Kalyway made it to the install gui gubt the dvd-rw was to bad to read for the drive i guess. spending now the 1000th dvd and burn it again. just to get proof that this doesnt wort too i think ;-)

@ Mysticus

Checked my PMs. I'll test the PATA DVD today and if it works, maybe i go and get one myself. Thanks for your time and help. I keep you informed :-)

Got some evolution here: Kalyway made it to the install gui gubt the dvd-rw was to bad to read for the drive i guess. spending now the 1000th dvd and burn it again. just to get proof that this doesnt wort too i think ;-)

@ Mysticus

Checked my PMs. I'll test the PATA DVD today and if it works, maybe i go and get one myself. Thanks for your time and help. I keep you informed :-)

kalyway dvd has the old nforce ata driver, which works for some sata dvds but has problems with some sata hdds, so new one fixes one thing and damages the other... but after the kalyway install, you may have still waiting for root device error due to old driver... medevil is trying to make it work fine with all devices but he is busy as well, so it will take some time...

so your best bet is to get pata dvd from friend, and you should be good to go... and if it works, buy one... or... just sata to ide converter socket... so you dont have two drives... whicever suits you...

also no need to burn 10x discs, once you have right md5 iso, burn it slowly (4x or slower) and it should be ok...

Another Question: If i get to run it today with the pata drive, can i use a normal pci lan card if chipset driver is not working well for getting a lan connection?

umm depends on what pci card you are gonna use, :( also nforce chipset has known problem (bug) with lans... it drops connection under heavy usage ;) heavy means really heavy, but sometimes under light usage it does drop as well... rarely... but it does...

for me, it only drops when i d/l 7 pieces of 100mb each file at the same time... normally 3-4 files at 100 mb each dont drop it on me... however unloading and loading the driver on some cases gets the connection back...

@krazubu: thanx mate

Ok another problem. I wanted to change size of my data partition on hdd2 for potentially mac installation. an error ocurred and now all data on the hdd is lost. i'll try to rebuild that. seems like i really got bad luck :-/

Ok another problem. I wanted to change size of my data partition on hdd2 for potentially mac installation. an error ocurred and now all data on the hdd is lost. i'll try to rebuild that. seems like i really got bad luck :-/

if you want this clean and nice... and much easier to restore your stuff if anytg happens... do it like this:

thinking that you are gonna use os x on second disk...

1-) wipe your extra hdd to zero (if nothing is inside, else back up your data first to another disk)

2-) use diskutility to partition your hdd to 4 partitions. Partition 1-2-3 osx journeled, Partition 4 dos fat32, later for sharing stuff among your windows / os x, bcoz os x is not stable writing to ntfs partitions... so better to use one partition to share stuffs

3-) install os x on the first one...

4-) use diskutility to do the restore of the first partition to 2 (if you want to have extra partition copy also restore to 3 or else you can just keep your backup images in there but 2nd must be the restored from 1st one)

5-) What do i mean? 1st partition = working main install, 2nd partition = copy of the main system to do tests on it..., 3rd partition = is either another test partition or back up storage area

this way you can test all the stuffs, much safely before you apply them to your main working system...

I wiped my hdds couple of times accidently... bcoz there was no nforceata driver b4 and appleviaata patch was needed, and if u forget to do it before partitioning, you loose everything...

but wiping your hdd is a good experience although loosing your data is not good :D

Its half past 3 in the morning and what should i say. It just doesn't work. Install finished and after the reboot this is the end:

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=...cciUjT7Lfxp.JPG

Was in "-x -v" mode. Sorry for the size. To tired to change it :-(

YOU ARE WRONG, it is working, it s your gfx drivers that doesnt work, which is normal, but can be fixed after 10.5.2 update... but first to show you that it s working... do what i say...

start the computer, when it asks press f8

type these

-v -s

this will boot into safe mode...

once booted into safe text mode (which is written on post#1

wait a bit untill it shows u some firewire error... and then press enter

type these

/sbin/mount -uw /

cd /system/library/

rm -R Extensions.*

cd extensions

rm -R caches/com.*

rm -R NVinject.*

reboot

now wait for the reboot, it will boot into gui but dont expect high resolution yet... create your account and all the etc...

now go here and get the latest driver installer...

and than after installation check this post

(in the driver installer screen: check final 10.5.2 drivers and 512 mb thats it...) now plug and pray...

now after this it may work! i say may bcoz some gfx cards work on 10.5.1 and some only after 10.5.2 update + gfx update... dont ask me why bcoz i dont know, it just better compatibility...

also check your pm

Install worked, Sound worked, no LAN (tried both onboard and an old intel pci ethernet card), usb works but no hotplug.

After i installed driver (NVInstallerV.33.pkg) kernel panic! -> need help. i read macgirls post, but i cant follow the instructions :-( sorry. I am waiting in -s mode now until somebody comes to help :-/

Need Lan -> help!

Booting needs quite a long time. About 1,30min with Q6600 and fast HDD. -> help? (maybe golden kernel)

Thats all for now. There were five happy minutes today but sadly i am stuck again. Nice that i saw some Leo already ;-)

THX for what you've accomplished already!

Edit:

Killed now following files

GeForce.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

and reached gui again. trying now the 10.5.2 update. hope i dont kill my osx again.

Hi everybody, and thanks Mysticus for your hard work. My hardware specs are in my sig.

I installed Leopard 10.5.1 from a fully patched iATKOS R3 DVD onto a dedicated SATA HD, followed post#2 to the T, and to my biggest surprise and joy everything worked from the beginning. Long are the days of 10.4.8 and 680i...

I have not yet gottend around the GeForce 8600 configuration yet, nor do I intend to update to 10.5.2 until i solve the apparently single problem that I have: the system reports my CPU as a Core Solo while it's clear that it's not. Note that when I boot with the -v option, the kernel wakes up two CPUs, as it should be.

I repeated the installation a few times (it's SO fast), checked and unchecked a few options (i.e. netkas patch) but the problem remains.

I read the whole thread but seemingly I couldn't find anyone else with this problem. Do I have to get a new 10.5.1 kernel? or updating to 10.5.2 will solve the issue?

Thanks a lot,

Tom

@tmazzoni: From what you are saying it is only a display information problem... to make sure your system is recognized as whole, from bios, enable execute disable bit, and put the acpi status to s3...

now go to applications/utilities/activity monitor: see one of the information screens over there will show how many cpus running

next things is to check your system profiler: if what you say is happening here? meaning showing core solo here? it is either your startup plist file indicates cpus=1 or you have smbios problem as well as maybe wrong kernel (if you didnt choose the right one at install)? if you choose everything correctly, than trying a 10.5.2 update may??? solve it...

one last question, did you make the r3 from latest equate patch? or from my PM?

First, thanks Mysticus for the prompt answer.

I am going to try your suggestions. In the meantime, I updated to 10.5.2 as per post #92, but now the system just hangs when loading the kernel. Stop. I'll start again from scratch.

one last question, did you make the r3 from latest equate patch? or from my PM?

Well.. er... I don't know... I guess I'll have to read the whole thread again? :D

First, thanks Mysticus for the prompt answer.

I am going to try your suggestions. In the meantime, I updated to 10.5.2 as per post #92, but now the system just hangs when loading the kernel. Stop. I'll start again from scratch.

Well.. er... I don't know... I guess I'll have to read the whole thread again? :D

u dont need to read it all over again... just know where you got the r3? from me or from equates post?