Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

because for the most part USB sound cards are really terrible. I dont know of any USB professional sound cards (all the M-Audio ones that are USB are semi-professional or pro-sumer and total {censored} for good sound quality and serious studios) because the bandwidth on USB for audio is not good enough for serious professional music production and high quality audio. Firewire 400 is basically the minimum spec for Professional sound cards. preferably PCI, PCIe, or Firewire 800 is the way to go really.

oh man, if you are really professional, get yourself a real mac or grab an intel chipset with all sound working on it or proper firewire...

nforce is just gonna get u crazy... u fix one part, it will pop error from other side... :D

I've been able to boot into the installation program using the iATKOS R3 disk fully patched iso using a PATA DVD drive but no drive at all is listed within Disk Utility. I've tried an ipod video, iriver H320 and an old Archos player via USB 2.0 and system profiler has seen all three USB devices but disk utility refuses to see anything no matter what I do. I have my bios set to AHCI in the controller mode section. I've also disabled SATA and use IDE (PATA) only just to see if the SATA mode was messing anything up. I've also tried setting the SATA controller mode to IDE and that also hasn't worked.

I'm quite stuck on what I can do now. My next task unless I'm told otherwise is to browse a few local computer stores to find another IDE cable that is long enough to connect my spare IDE hard drive "and" my current PATA DVD drive. My Mobo only has one IDE connection (two devices max) but the only cables I have aren't long enough to connect both drives to the motherboard. The placement of the hard drive chassis and the DVD drive bays is really bad.

I've got a super fast, super stable install now :)

After messing around with the kernel + drivers i now boot in 6 seconds, have wireless, etc.

Flawless :D

Hi man...did you install Leo on the system in your sig ? Can you show me your Bios setting because i got problem with the SATA devices. Thanks.

Okay so I got a free longer IDE cable from a good friend at a local computer shop. So I now have both a DVD drive and a Maxtor 160GB hard drive both connected via IDE instead of SATA. So I boot up the DVD Install disc again and open up Disk Utility and I saw the Maxtor 160GB drive as 128GB. No big deal as the 128GB is the max the OS X installer can see. So I format the disk into an HFS (Journelized) partition. So I followed all other steps of this guide but once it starts installing (directly after clicking Skip on the DVD check process) the blue bar moves towards the "S" in the "INSTALL". I hope you know what I'm talking about. This occurs within the first ten seconds after clicking Skip. The problem is that this blue bar never moves again for at least 10 minutes and even I know something isn't working right.

I also moved my mouse quite often to avoid the nforce issue with the DVD drive going to sleep and not waking up by the way. So now I need to know if the install does take that long or does the blue bar for most all other people move past that point much quicker. If not I'll wait for much longer. If my issues aren't normal I'm hoping somebody here can provide a reason and maybe a solution to this problem.

I for one can confirm the mach_CoreCPU.EFI.nforce.C31 kernel is working along with the new system kext.

Yes... I removed a stick of RAM and the music program I was using now doesnt give me the reboot sign in different languages when I try to use it. So I guess I will try to figure out the increment thing. Thanks!

Okk after some further testing!! I can say the mach_CoreCPU.nonEFI.nforce.C31 (Non Efi version is working for me). The two gigabyte ram with only 2 dimms(different colored slots) along with this new kernel has fixed all my freezing issues, except for the freezes with heavy network use. Kabyl has said, freezing with heavy network use is a *EDIT* a common issue*. but its ok!

Ok now i got a new problem! I can't install photoshop, it crashes during activation, this is caused by the applesmbios which i tried replacing. I used, Netkas's new applesmbios and also his V80 applesmbios I also tried macdotnub's applesmbios, which all worked with the old kernel and fixed my photoshop problem, but these new applesmbioses dont work with this new kernel. On boot with the new applesmbioses i get the blue screen with only mouse visible, no dock, nothing else. The old applesmbios works with this new kernel, but i cant use photoshop. Im going to talk to kabyl tomorrow, but do you have any ideas?

It turns you you cant use netkases applesmbios on non efi bootloaders!

Running 10.5.2 and used Mysticus update quide with Kabyls mach_CoreCPU.nonEFI.nforce.C31

@scottish wisky: if you can give your details how/what you did, with what you messed specificly, it will be more helpfull since there are couple/ if not many people with your same mobo...

for other people who wants to try kabyl' kernels below is the link...

KERNEL

to test which works better for your system, extract all the kernels on your desktop, and rename them as

mach_efinforce (core duo/core2duo/core2quad cpus)

mach_noefi (core duo/core2duo/core2quad cpus)

mach_noefinforce (core duo/core2duo/core2quad cpus)

mach_sse3noefi (Pentium / Celeron series if sse3 exist?)

mach_sse3noefinforce (Pentium / Celeron series if sse3 exist?)

and place them in the root directory...

how to use them?

at boot press f8 and come to partition selection

and type the name of the kernel plus -v to see any errors/messages?

for example:

mach_efinforce -v

mach_noefinforce -v

good luck...

I am trying to install the r3 on my asus p5nsli nforce4 570 the installation boots fine recognzes my sata drive I manage to install with no errors but when I try to run the OSX it halts everytime with the still waiting for boot device. I'm thinking it could be my sata drive but again why did it work fine with the instalation???

I am trying to install the r3 on my asus p5nsli nforce4 570 the installation boots fine recognzes my sata drive I manage to install with no errors but when I try to run the OSX it halts everytime with the still waiting for boot device. I'm thinking it could be my sata drive but again why did it work fine with the instalation???

did you choose the settings in the guide?

if you did, it should have installed nforceata, therefor u should not have waiting for root device error...

to everyone: make a damn hardware profile please!!! I m getting sick of asking people to make a hardware profile... if you make one, we can understand what hardwares you have and where you're trying to install os x, also people with same/similar hardware specs can help much better and faster... please read the damn guide, also please do not PM me about your personal hardware problems, post it here so everyone can see, thats the whole idea of having a topic here!!!! so anyone with your problem can benefit as well!!! also when you have success, please give brief information so that people in your situation can benefit, do not just say "Oh I did it, working great..." will not help others, how you did it is more informative and helpful!!!

Thanks for the fast reply! sorry again I'm typing over the iPhone right now and that's why I can't make a profile and give you a detailed information of my system .

Asus motherboard chipset nforce4 570

sata hard drive wdc wd2500js-00mhb0 250gb

windows vista installed primary partition1 ntfs (disk0s1)

trying to install atkos over another primary partition (set as active disk0s3)

Geforce 7900gtx 512mb

2x 2gb corsair pc6400

2x 512mb pc6400 unknown brand :-S

I select bootloader Darwin x86

kernels patch sse2 sse3 kernel

Remove cpupowermanagement

remove thermal kexts

driver nvidia 512mb

tried to add with the sata driver jmicron didn't work

Thanks for the fast reply! sorry again I'm typing over the iPhone right now and that's why I can't make a profile and give you a detailed information of my system .

your profile is not complete, missing informations... cant help untill you have cpu info and have a proper signature, get them done first...

Sound works!!! Many Thx for Ur help!

Change Mouse=no Changes..Same Problem

And: My FireWire Port don't recognize any external HDD (in System Profiler it's shown..but no Drive in Finder or Diskutil)

Good News: Problems solved!! :D If I boot up with cpus=1 Option then my Firewire Port shows up the Drive and everything works. Same with the USB Mouse.

Using all Cores? i don't know if the Kernel uses all the Cores now (C2D CPU) but looking out for a new Kernel... :(

Many Thx & Greets to Mysticus and all the Rest of the Team!

profile complete.. pleaseeee help!!!

pls stop PM ing me for hardware related questions....

I will answer your PM here and ignore your posts if you continue PMin me... this is the whole purpose of having TOPIC here...

Installer shows your hdd? this means during installation you are choosing wrong configuration...

choose the exact same config as shown on the 2nd post!

do not choose anything for the main part of the INSTALLATION, drivers are your choise of course, but 2nd post shows exactly the things should be choosen!

@docX: try the KERNEL guide above I mentioned... but of course, they are for 10.5.2 updates... (9.2.0 version kernels), to be safe, make full new installation but partition your hdd as extra 2-3 osx partition... why? bcoz this way, you can have 1 working system, and 1 test system... on test system, you can do whatever you want and if anytg goes wrong, you can fix it later, easily... how? make min 2 or 3 mbr partition for osx, install r3 first, and than once your installa finished boot w/o dvd and create your account, when you are on desktop, use diskutility to create a restore (copy) of your working one... how? get to diskutility, choose any partition from left panel, and on the right you will see a restore menu... from left site, drag&drop the installed osx partition to source section, and your test partition to target, and uncheck all other setting below about erase partition verify things, and last press restore button, wait a bit, and there you go... u have a copy of osx, restart, f8, choose your test partition, and boot -v, follow my guide about installing 10.5.2 update, and test the new kernels from Kabyl... this way, you do not need to install os x so many times, restore is better option... when anytg goes wrong, and if u dont know how to fix, u can just use erase menu on diskutility on the test partition, and restore again... much faster...

good luck...

@docX: try the KERNEL guide above I mentioned... but of course, they are for 10.5.2 updates... (9.2.0 version kernels),

Read my Hardware Profile :P

I am running 10.5.2 with Kernel 9.2.0 on my System. The only thing is: must booting with cpus=1 to solve the Firewire and Mouse Problems. So all cores are recognized and working but not shown in System-Profiler or not? i don't know it...so will wait for newer Kernel or a Patch. :)

Read my Hardware Profile ;)

I am running 10.5.2 with Kernel 9.2.0 on my System. The only thing is: must booting with cpus=1 to solve the Firewire and Mouse Problems. So all cores are recognized and working but not shown in System-Profiler or not? i don't know it...so will wait for newer Kernel or a Patch. :|

what newer kernel?

there are 5 kernels on my kernel link...

have u tried each one of them?

hello 2 all....

i have installed the TOH RC2 release on my pc (look signatur)....then i did a update to 10.5.1 and the i add golden patch to enable 2 cores....

my problems are:

- onboard LAN with nForceEthernetController.kext crashes, when 2 cores where enabled -> so no go!

- only Azalia OUT works on onboard sound -> with HDA i get kernelpanic

- RTL8931....dont know if its correct letters...but this LAN adapter lost the connection after a while -> only kextunload/kextload bring the inet connection back!

- USB didnt work correct, because it didnt mount my usb stick.....only when i stick it in before booting leo???

- sometimes i get freezes but i dont know why???

so this are the problems i have on TOH R2...

i want to test the iAtkos release image.....but where can i find this R3....i searched on torrent sites and only found R2....how do you get this R3 version?

can someone please explain me the new things that i have to mention before an while im installing iAkos R3...

i want to do it like the tutorial in the 1# post....so i think thats the right way right?

or should i stay with my TOH RC2?

i mean, when i will have exact the same probs with iAkos R3 then i dont want to reinstall Leopard!

thanks for helping

cacak333

hello 2 all....

my problems are:

- onboard LAN with nForceEthernetController.kext crashes, when 2 cores where enabled -> so no go!

- only Azalia OUT works on onboard sound -> with HDA i get kernelpanic

- RTL8931....dont know if its correct letters...but this LAN adapter lost the connection after a while -> only kextunload/kextload bring the inet connection back!

- USB didnt work correct, because it didnt mount my usb stick.....only when i stick it in before booting leo???

- sometimes i get freezes but i dont know why???

thanks for helping

cacak333

Hi cacak,

on board lan with nforceethernet is known to not work! bcoz there is no stable driver for it, it causes kernel panics...

azalia audio works however depending on the chip you have... at worst stereo out but no input...

RTL 8139 works however at some heavy usage it drops connection, this is a known fact now, at least it doesnt cause kernel panic, but u ve to unload/load it...

USB problem also exists on some machines... for that update to 10.5.2 may be needed...

with iAtkos, majority of the people here do not have problem... only couple of glitches which we are trying to figure out...

if you want to try it, check your PM, but make sure you understand, that on nforce, it is very hard to get everything perfect... things work, but it also up to your liking wheter it s ok to have some glitches but a working system or not... otherwise, get yourself a more compatible motherboard and have almost perfect system...

good luck...

Hi,I have still the same problem. (r3) ...

I can boot the installmenu and can costumize the installation...it starts to copy the files (menubar) and in the middle of the installation it freezes ...

not on same position (menubar) ... sometimes earlier - sometimes later ...but still in the near of the middle ...What can i do?

I have no Sata DVD-Drive.

3 DVD-Drives testet.

other memory used

other graphiccard used.

my System

P5N-E SLI X1950pro

2 GB Ram

120 GB IDE Drive

i also tried to burn the dvd single-speed ...

Alright here's what i did.

To install i plugged in a IDE DVD drive (REQUIRED)

I can boot the DVD without any flags.

Partition the drive etc.

I selected the nForce SSE3 kernel, NVINject ,EFI bootloader, remove CPUPowerManagement and Thermal Kext.

Once installed i booted very slowly, but besides that it was a stable system.

I then replaced the kernel with this : http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/5/1099..._efi_kernel.zip

I installed this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=18066 and this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=21021

I'm now on a very fast install with wireless working :whistle: (Belkin F5D7050 v4)

Both my LAN and CD drive do not work but thats not an issue for me.

still trying install leopard on my desktop. I notice that my pc reboot instantly after install kalyway if i chose the vanilla kernel. Without vanilla, system stucks at registration (country and keyboard layout repeatss instantly). I tried with and without vanilla in both efi guid&mbr. I also tried iAtkos v1.0, r2 & r3 but all versions seem not want to run with my SATA devices ("Still waiting for root device" & "SAM-MEDIA READ&WRITE ERROR") :cry: