kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate on "The Bay"

theotheo

326 posts in this topic

Is everyone experieing the long black-screen-boot or just some. What is causing this? Fixes?

Thanks.

After kalyway_10.5.2_update, my machine rebooted twice, but I didn't experience this long waiting issue. I think it might be related to network connection, since my ethernet got lost after the update. I found out AppleBCM440XEthernet.kext was missing from IONetworkFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns after doing this update. I have BCM440X ethernet card in my Dell 6000.

BTW, does anyone know if kalyway_10.5.2_kernel supports sse2? There are two options: kernel_vanilla and kernel_Patched. first one is for Intel Core, and second one is said for "... SSE3 amd intel ...".

Thank you Kalyway and all your supporting here!

The whole point behind the patch is that it does NOT replace the kernel because....."YOUR MACHINE CAN'T HANDLE THE KERNEL..." :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

"IT ANT TOUGH ENOUGH" :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

SticMAN

just having some fun, there will be no SSE2 or other kernel thats why jou get ALL the other updates but stick to the original kernel. You can go with Netkas's install it's the same at the end you WILL have to put your old kernel (SSE2, AMD)back trust me!

Too bad no kernel update. Will gfx update work after using this to upgrade to 10.5.2?

Kalyway fu*k yeah!

Okay so heres my question I'm new to mac (this is my 4th day using)

My setup- I have a celeron 420 *thinking about going to the e4400* and its not a core duo is a core solo Ive got two gigs of ram and intel graphics gma950. Im running Vanilla + acpi patch with realtek sound and my nic worked out of the box.

Can i do this update? Can I do the kernel update? Is there anything I need to do thats special? And also does the new graphics update work with the gma950? With MBR not GUID.

I know its a lot, and try to explain it like your teaching a blind guy to drive please.

Oh and I just learned how to do the repair permissions so skip that. (I read howto on here)

Reporting success on GA-P35-DS3, e6750 c2d, Msi Geforce 7300gt 256 mb ram, 4gb Corsair xms2 ddr2 ram 800mhz. Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD + GUID + Efi + Vanilla.kernel.

Everything went as smooth as butter. Gained 3 points on Xbench lolz.

Installed Kalyways comboupdate and then kernel and then even graphics update from aapplle and it all worked smooth and fast with one or two black screen 1 minute pauses but all thats normal.

Thank you Kalyway for a wonderfull dvd and these updates.

for those wanting to upgrade to Kalyway's new kernel the safest way is to first backup your existing kernel

you can do this with Terminal with root enabled (sudo -s)

eg. cp /mach_kernel /mach_kernel.bk

if anything goes wrong during install you can reboot with mach_kernel.bk at the prompt after you press F8.

Ok, New to this post and forum, kinda, This patch was great! I used ToH to install on a notebook with Intel and then found a nice patch that asked yes no questions with descriptions, so nice, was able to boot into leopard but it gave me no LCD display once the login window was lanched, BUT with an external display connected, it DOES mirror on the external VGA monitor..haha..The things is, before the handy-patch i used, i was able to safeboot WITH the LCD working, after the handy-patch, no LCD, its all white. Thinking the Kalyway would fix that, i installed the nicely hacked 10.5.2 update with vaniila, still no LCD, Im trying the graphics update but im thinking that will not work as well, i have a feeling it has SOMETHING to do with the kernel. Thats really the only BIg thing that was modded between the cheesy patch i did and the handy-patch i did later. Any clues on how to fix this? My specs are in my SIG. Kudos on all the nice patches too! Im so in love with MacOSx86! (a $500 pc notebook is better for kids to spill juice on rather than a $3,000 mac thing, lol)

If it helps anyone, I booted my Kalyway DVD, ran Disk Utility, repaired permissions, and I'm back up and running. However, if I attach an external monitor my laptop screen goes black and nothing comes up on the external... let me know if anyone has any insight on that.

Beeve

i did the updated

kalyway 10.5.1

asrock conroe 945

c2d

geforce 7300gt

after the reboot my system starts and just reboots

any idea what could be going on

Same thing happened to me...

Same motherboard.... + X1950GT...

I got black screen and blinking cursor...?!!?!?

:wacko:

I booted from DVD and tried repair permissions, but it didn't help.

Any idea??

Complete success.

Installed 10.5.2 Combo, Reboot

Repaired Permissions, Installed Kernel Update, Reboot.

Installed Graphics Update.

Everything still works, nothing was broken during or after the installation.

Hi Guys!!!!!

post-137324-1202902021_thumb.png

ASUS P5LVM1394

Core2duo e4500 2.2 GHZ

Kingston 2GB RAM 800

Nvidia XFX 8400 GS 512 Ram

RME DSP Hammerfall 9632

PCI Realtek 8139

Install the kaly update : Repair permissions + Reboot = 5 min delay to boot :P but finally works :D

Install the kaly kernel (Vanilla) : Repair permissions + Reboot = No delay to boot :D work Fine

Install the Leopard Graphics Update from Software Update : No problem :D

Thanks Kaly for your time with the poors

All is working fine here but the performance seems to be the same of 10.5.1. (The dock now has a little better benhavior)

P.S. When use disk utility for repair permissions in 10.5.1 i has issues with SUID files but in 10.5.2 this files don´t appear. :)

Cheers

Installed Kalyway's stuff - no problem, but when applied Graphics Update - forever black screen, but not like before, when applied 10.5.2 update and new kernel. Black screen, power button's not blinking as if everything's ok. I'm on 7600GS. So is it supported now in 10.5.2 or not?

And also tried to apply Security Update 2008 - no use, however, on 10.5.1 I could do that with previuos 2007 security update.

sylix, i had the same issue, wait for a few minutes and the screen returns while the hard drive is working.

i just waited for approx. 3-4 minutes....

No use, I waited for about 15 minutes. Then rebooted, waited for a bit longer - no use. I waited right after Kalyway's update, it looked like no signal, then it returned. But now - mon's working, but there's nothing.

sylix, i had the same issue, wait for a few minutes and the screen returns while the hard drive is working.

i just waited for approx. 3-4 minutes....

Me too. After 3 reboots thinking I'd wrecked the system I went to get the dvd for a fresh install, came back too find it was up and running. Now starts from cold or warm reboot fine.

E2A this was before I applied the graphics update which installed just fine.

Big thanks to Kalyway :rolleyes:

i had nvinject .32 installed with the beta 10.5.2 nvidia drivers. then i installed this 10.5.2 comboupdate. got stuck at the white apple logo screen. i had to uninstall nvinject in single user mode first to get the system to boot up.

to do that you have to:

boot with -s flag (just type enter at darwin bootloader and then -s)

then remove nvinject.kext and enxtensions.mkext

rm -r /system/library/extensions/nvinject.kext

rm -r /system/library/extensions.mkext

after that the system managed to boot into the gui. i applied the kalyway vanilla kernel for 10.5.2 and repaired permissions. after a reboot i installed the nvinject .33 pack with the final nvidia drivers for 10.5.2. and made a reboot. now everything is working fine. i even made the graphical update and had no problems whatsoever.

here is my config:

intel c2 q6600 @ 2,4 ghz

gigabyte ga-p35-ds3 mobo

2 gb 800mhz mdt ram

500gb sata2 hd (kalyway 10.5.1 / xp dual boot)

pata dvd rom from lg

geforce 8800gt 512mb

sitecom wl113 usb dongle

so in case you have the same graphics board, you now know what to do.

please people !

i was waiting about 15 minutes, but i freeze on blue screen after gray screen freeze and very black screen.. finaly sucks freeze on blue screen.. what i've done bad ?? ? ? i see blue screen and my mouse (cursor) moves very very very very slowly.

PLEASE THANKX