kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate on "The Bay"

theotheo

326 posts in this topic

Mb intel d945 gntlkr + d945 pentium prosessor. +

C-media usb sound.

Early: Kalyway 10.5.1 full working. Period.

Now: Kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate: Full working.

Boot time only a few seconds.

No black screen or other strange.

Boot 2 times. Full working. (but not tested well)

Kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg: Full working. Period.

I wait before LeopardGraphicsUpdate... do not want mess this now.

Thanks Kalyway. Really.

====

Edit: New kernel.... sleep and wake not work anymore.

Must wait new kernel, or use only comboupdate and not new kernel.

====

Edit 2 : Hd has old kernel, which name is tohkernel. = sleeping and

wakening 9.1 kernel.

So: boot kalyway dvd and open terminal.

cd /Volumes/Leopard (<-your diskname here)

ls -la

cp mach_kernel mach_kernel92 (=make backup Your 9.2 kernel)

cp -f tohkernel mach_kernel (copy tohkernel over mach_kernel)

chown root:wheel mach_kernel* (=fix rights and...)

chmod 644 mach_kernel* (userlevel to right)

reboot.

====

Now my machine again sleep and wake.... and it SEEMS to

works correctly.

Kaly your ace man :-)

Always wanted a mac but could not afford, been watching this and other threads and took the plunge.

Everything working first go with:

Kalyway 10.5.1 (mbr) + 10.5.2 Combi update + grafix update + vanilla kernel update

Asus P5K - VM

Core 2.02 cpu clocked and running 3.03 (no volts or ram tweaks needed)

2gig ram

Nvidia 8300 gs

360 gig single partition

One happy guy!

So I updated both of my machines with the kalyway update + kalyway kernel and now I just need some graphics drivers that work

Edit: I had to remove the NVinject.kext before installing the kalyway 10.5.2 update, then install NVinject.kext again after the update and it works great! :( Both machines are now 10.5.2 with the 9.2.0 kernel

Extremely quick question....

I updated to 10.5.2, everything went great. I rebooted and tried to update the kernel, now I'm stuck in an endless reboot. Is there a way to revert the kernel changes? I have the disc. Can I run something from terminal to fix this? Please help!

Firstly thanks Kalyway for an amazing chance to trial Mac OSX before I buy it.

Working well here on an Asus P5WDH Deluxe (old-ish BIOS/Firmware), Core2Duo 2.4GHz overclocked to 2.8GHz, 4GB DDR2-667@800, Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD, EFI GUID, Vanilla Kernel with modified driver for ATI 2900 Pro (needed first post-install boot to be in safe mode with -x then just run the driver .pkg file downloaded from the RadeonHD channel on IRC ...)

Updated using the Kalyway 10.5.2 combo, then updated Vanilla Kernel, then ran the graphics update online. My graphics were the biggest worry but seem untouched.

I also had success with a total re-install from the Kalyway DVD then recovered using a time-machine backup which increased my confidence in the system. Just needed to change the login password as it seems Time Machine wiped it out ...

Good luck everyone :)

Extremely quick question....

I updated to 10.5.2, everything went great. I rebooted and tried to update the kernel, now I'm stuck in an endless reboot. Is there a way to revert the kernel changes? I have the disc. Can I run something from terminal to fix this? Please help!

pop your installer disc in, goto utility then terminal and type

cp /volumes/"whatever you installer disc names is"/mach_kernel  /volumes/"whatever you hard disk name is"/

and then reboot.

Ok, I'll give it a try!

EDIT: Ok, I've only got my Tiger disk (for PC). I've got an original Leopard retail disk, I'm assuming that won't work. Is it possible to download the 10.5.1 modified kernel and throw it on a USB drive and copy it using the terminal?

Im not intirely too sure, because im still kinda new to this but if you can get you usb drive to show in the terminal then replace the installer disc with you usb drive and copy. So in theroy it should work... i think

Hello, i installed the 10.5.2 combo update then graphic update, after that the new kernel. What i saw was that my xbench test on the graphic part was faster but the dock was somehow slower (the scale effect). So, i remove the NVinject (0.1.3), i installed the nvinject 2.0.1 by Punk92 using his installer and after that i've reinstalled the graphic update (downloaded from apple site and because the Punk92 installer put some beta kext - i think). After that everything is perfect (until now :) ).

Thank you Kaly, thank you -DuNe-, thanks to all people from this community.

Everything OK!

- Installed 10.5.2 update from Kalyway on TPB.

- Installed Darwin 9.2.0 kernel from Kalyway on TPB with the "Vanilla" option.

- Updated with Graphics Pack.

Notes:

The black delay during boot disappears after kernel update.

I choose "Vanilla" option because my installation is Kalyway 10.5.1+EFI+Vanilla kernel.

After all 3 updates, Xbench shows better performances.

Thanks Kalyway!

Kaly thanks for the combo update it worked like a dream as you can see..

Installer is custom, when I switched boards from the gigabyte to the dfi, all i needed to do was swap hardware, plugged in the leopard drive and up she booted, plists for everything !

All my specs are in my sig :)

about_this.tiff

well guys i installed the update from kaly

booted... restarted... booted again and i'm in os x 10.5.2

good news for ToH RC2 guys

i didnt do the gfx update or the kernel update... i think i will keep the golden kernel

ran the update, repaired permissions, restarted, then ran the kernel update, and restarted...everything working fine here

I also ran the Leopard Graphics Update. I have a 7600GS...everything works fine after the graphics update too!

Is it possible to burn the modified 10.5.1 kernel to a cd, boot into Tiger, launch terminal, remove the DVD (unmount it), insert the CD (mount it), and then copy the kernel?

Only one way to find out. when you had update to 10.5.1 did u back up kernel?

nirvanaguy19, I'm having the same issue after the kernel update to 10.5.2. I wish I would've thought to backup my kernel on the filesystem.

Only one way to find out. when you had update to 10.5.1 did u back up kernel?
Yes, but it's on another system. Can I burn it? If so, how could I unmount and mount the new cd?

I'm running the ToH RC2 and letting you guy know what happend

I have a second install that I play around with. Installed the KalyUpdate and it worked but when it came to the kernel, got a panic. I'm about to revert back to the older kernel and try to see if I can use the graphics update w/o the kernel.

I'll post the results when I'm done

edit update: I was able to revert back to the stock kernel and boot back into the system. Once there, I installed the graphics update and everything seems to be working in order.

Conclusion - You can update to the new 10.5.2 using Kaly's installer and not use the patched kernel. Doing so will give you the new update but suffer from slow boot times which apparently can only be fixed using the new kernel from 10.5.2. Also, you can use the graphics update w/o breaking your install.

BTW, I am using the NVinject v32 install and upgraded to v33 w/o any problems