kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate on "The Bay"

theotheo

326 posts in this topic

I just downloaded the pack.Installed.Booted.10.5.2! :blink:

OH NOES!I updated the kernal to vanilla 9.2...And it failed to boot.. :)

Me too! But only on my laptop :P my desktop system had no issues with the Kernel update!

I'm in the process of experimenting :angel:

Dave

The thing is that basically, in Hackintosh, you can't smoothly update or upgrade. So the best thing you can do is get rid of that Tiger install, and get Kaly's 10.5.1, then update to 10.5.2 with Kaly's ComboUpdate, then Update the Kernel if needed. Plus, you gotta tell us your setup as well, otherwise no one can really give you any real or useful advice.And sorry about sounding off on you, but some other asshat in another thread had pissed me off and it carried over.If you don't tell use what system you are running, in detail, we can't tell you if or which kernel you can update to.

OK! the specs are attached... it's a Gateway GT3020m

I'm downloading the 10.5.1 you told me... Would you please send me a link to a guide or something to follow in the process?

Thank you,

Gateway_Support___Specifications.pdf

Anybody got a lead on some kext for my Sound, battery, and wireless for my Gateway?? Im useing the hell out of it but its no fun with out sound and wireless limits my mobility and with it running at full bore, Leopard eats my battery in about 2 hours....other than that, EVERYthing else is smokin!

Me too! But only on my laptop :D my desktop system had no issues with the Kernel update!

I'm in the process of experimenting :D

Dave

Yeah. Same here.

Only my laptop has leopard.

It's SUCH a pain in the arse to reinstall Leopard everytime it fails to boot...

I hate apple.

Why cant they make Leopard for the PC? ><"

This is fun. I installed over the TOH 9A585 (or whatever it's called) as I never managed to install Kalyway (it messed up my Vista permissions and always stuck at the bluescreen before login) and it works. So far I've not tested everything but I no longer have the usb wifi unplug and replug problem.

Haven't yet tried the kernel update but that's next on the agenda.

To kay188 - you can backup Mac in windows with Acronis Trueimage if that helps. That way avoid regular lengthy reinstalls ;-)

This is fun. I installed over the TOH 9A585 (or whatever it's called) as I never managed to install Kalyway (it messed up my Vista permissions and always stuck at the bluescreen before login) and it works. So far I've not tested everything but I no longer have the usb wifi unplug and replug problem.

Haven't yet tried the kernel update but that's next on the agenda.

To kay188 - you can backup Mac in windows with Acronis Trueimage if that helps. That way avoid regular lengthy reinstalls ;-)

Oh really?

Hmm.. But then how would i restore it? o.O

Just a tip to everyone with the endless reboot. To fix this issue, I simply stuck in the Kalyway 10.5.1 disc in my drive and it booted back to the desktop!

Once I was logged in I opened terminal and ran:

sudo cp /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Disc/mach_kernel /mach_kernel

I was then able to boot into Leopard without having the disc in there! My system says it's 10.5.2, but I'm assuming since I just copied the kernel from the 10.5.1 disc, I'm using the old kernel. Hope this helps someone!!

mannnn... i wish you said that earlier before fried my leo. I'm using the combo update after that. :)

yo yo people

need some help!!!

i've run the update kalway combo 10.5.2 then got the delay, then looked for a solution to get rid of this.

i then ran the kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg and choose kernel_Patched (by modbin) and installed

then when i re booted i got the dreaded message of ' you need to restart your computer. Hold the Power buton for several seconds or press restart'!!! nightmare!

so i have the iAtkos install cd etc is there anything i can do to revert back and install the other kernel update (kernel_vanilla (original) which i probably should of done in the first place or revert to the one that was working before?

hope some one can please help as dont want to do a clean install.

HELPPPP!!!!

Boom!

Installed as per Foodie Monster's instructions on page 3. All working fine.

Did the KalywayUpdCombo10.5.2.pkg, repaired permissions, rebooted, didn't have any black screen problems at all, it just rebooted as per normal.

Then installed kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg, repaired permissions, rebooted.

Have not installed the Leopard Graphics Update, since my Toshiba laptop has the Intel950 chipset and read that it causes problems. Will wait until there is a solution.

All seems to be working fine, no problems with System Profiler.

Thanks all.

Worked perfectly on my Compaq Presario A916NR laptop.

Followed the instructions on this forum and installed:

- Kalyway 10.5.2 Combo update

- Kalyway kernel update (vanilla)

- Apple Graphics Update

All worked without a hitch.

Also no black screen during the update.

Kalyway I bow at your greatness.

--------------------------------------------

Basic Hardware:

intel pentium dual core 1.6GHz

2048 GB ram

intel x3100 video

17" lcd running at 1440x900x32

160Gb Sata2 drive

Installation from Kalyway 10.5.1 worked perfectly: 10.5.2 Kalyway Combo Upd, then Kalyway 10.5.2 kernels (vanilla) and finally Leopard graphics update.

Thanks, Kalyway!!

Xbench unchanged

Hardware:

GA-965P-DS3 rev. 3.3

C2D 6750 @ 2.66 MHz

2G Corsair XMS2 RAM

XFX GT 7600

250 GB Seagate SATA