kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate on "The Bay"

theotheo

326 posts in this topic

Mayoxy- You don't need the DVD, just when it says hit enter for boot options, hit enter, type -x, and hit enter again.

sorry, but i dont understand. when it says hit enter? when ? i have a choice F8 to choose boot device (DVD, HDD, USB..etc) or F2 to setup bios

yeah with the kernel update u get the vanilla kernel which is intended for intel core duos and intel chipset motherboards (wont work with amd i assume)and a modified one for amd and anything else

I can also confirm that Kallyway's combo update doesnt add any unnecessary apps that show up in install dvds.

AND it works on a 10.5.0 fresh install.I used a Retail Leopard disk and used Brazilmac's method to create an install dvd, loaded up the postpatch, then upgraded with kalyway's update and kernel patch. Everything went smooth.

Did you apply the graphics update ? I'm interested to know if the update works for any ati x1950 users.

Did you apply the graphics update ? I'm interested to know if the update works for any ati x1950 users.

I applied a driver update and installed some kexts that i found in the drivers section of the forums at osx86scene.com (I've always used this) and then did the Apple graphics card update...i dont know if its the drivers i added from the (Non apple) update i ran but ive never had an issue with the method i use.

Dont know if the Apple graphics update package influences or not

I applied a driver update and installed some kexts that i found in the drivers section of the forums at osx86scene.com (I've always used this) and then did the Apple graphics card update...i dont know if its the drivers i added from the (Non apple) update i ran but ive never had an issue with the method i use.

Dont know if the Apple graphics update package influences or not

I'm not sure to understand, you made that driver upgrade after installing the 10.5.2 upgrade and before the graphics update or just after the fresh install of osx, so you did nothing special with ati drivers between 10.5.2 upgrade and software update graphics update ? =) Thx

I'm not sure to understand, you made that driver upgrade after installing the 10.5.2 upgrade and before the graphics update or just after the fresh install of osx, so you did nothing special with ati drivers between 10.5.2 upgrade and software update graphics update ? =) Thx

'

What i did was install jcool's drivers for the x1950xt to get my x1950xtx to work.

then i just went ahead and installed the leopard graphics update.

what i dont know is weather the leopard gfx update helped or not since ive always used the jcool kexts to get my vid card to work.

in any case though the leopard graphics update didnt mess anything up

Hi!Success here!ComboUpdate: OKKernel Update: OKAfter doing the kernel update I repaired permissions and rebooted. Then, when the GUI loaded, it changed to a weird screen resolution. I opened up the preferences and changed it back to 1024x768 and then back to 1440x900. Everything is fine now. Strange, though.Should I get the Leopard Graphics update? Is is safe? I have a Gigabyte Gforce 7300GT 256MB. On my Kaly 10.5.1 installation I chose NVinject. On the Profile is says: ROM Revision: NVinject 0.1.5. Any tips? Advice?Thanks,E.Mobo: Asus P5W DH Deluxe, C2D 1,87Ghz, 2Gb Ram, 250GB SATA, 200GB SATA, GUID + EFI.
I ran the Graphics Update on my computer, and I have an ASUS GeForce 7300GS 256mb. Our cards are slightly different (as well as the make of it), but it worked for me. Chances are it'll work for you as well, but as everything in Hackintosh, YMMV.
Hello guys...would please anyone help me choose the kernel to install from the kalyway package? My specs are:q6600ga-p35-ds3p7300le4 gb ramthanks everybody
You forgot the most important part: the CPU. Bottom line is, if you have a Core 2 Duo, you can use the Vanilla (Original Apple) Kernel - the first on the package. If you have an AMD processor, or an Intel processor that's NOT a C2D but that supports SSE3 (Like the Pentium D, for instance), then you need to install the Modified Kernel (the 2nd option).Hope that helps.

first of all ....Kalaway is the best.....

ok i did the combo update, then the kernel pkg....works great!!!!!!

but like everyone else... i'm scared to do the graphics update.... this is for my woman's rig... she has got

c2d...sata hd...945gcmx-s2....and 7900 gs.... everything works great and i dont want to screw up sleep function...i dont have two hds to test it so if someoe can test it( graphics update ) then either pm me or post it

thanks again kaly!!!!!!!

steadybootleggin, if sleep is more important for you than absolutely clean graphics, don't install the graphics update. I did and sleep was gone and I had to edit the com.apple.boot.plist manually to change resolution.

Without the graphics update there is still a little mouse tearing now and then (with the gma950). Less than with 10.5.1 I would say but that might be a placebo effect. I don't find it annoying.

Permission repairs are clean now, you just have to run them twice first. That didn't work with kalyway 10.5.1 without running the apple 10.5.1 combo updater over it and loosing sleep by that.

cheers (and thanks to kalyway), pilsator

The 10.5.2 Update Combo from Kalyway worked perfectly after waiting for the blank screen. Updated from the 10.5.1 Kalyway ISO. I grabbed the 9.2.0 kernel, installed the hacked one, moved my old 'tohkernel' to tohkernel9.1.0, swapped the new hacked one with mach_kernel, checked permissions and it seems a bit faster overall and got rid of the "black screen of death" waiting for the GUI to load. I updated my boot list so it uses "mach_kernel" instead of "tohkernel" to load (from previous mods) and all is well here.

I ran Software Updates and tagged an iWorks '08 update but I'm not yet brave enough for the Graphics update until I research it some more. My old Natit installation is still running from 10.5.1 with QE/CI, etc.

Lep1052Updt.tiff

Hi all,

Ran the Kaly 10.5.2 (repaired permissions before reboot) on Kalyway 10.5.1 install.

System booted twice, got the black screen for about a minute, then came GUI.

Applied Kernel 9.2 package, choosing Vanilla (same as in 10.5.1).

feline:~ zoot$ uname -a
Darwin feline.mine.nu 9.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Tue Feb  5 16:13:22 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.3.13~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

It's all working so far, no other apps ceased working. Could not say if it's faster now, runs fine.

At least an opaque menu bar, the stacks things as a list and "normal" icons on it instead of the last used app.

steadybootleggin, if sleep is more important for you than absolutely clean graphics, don't install the graphics update. I did and sleep was gone and I had to edit the com.apple.boot.plist manually to change resolution.

Without the graphics update there is still a little mouse tearing now and then (with the gma950). Less than with 10.5.1 I would say but that might be a placebo effect. I don't find it annoying.

Permission repairs are clean now, you just have to run them twice first. That didn't work with kalyway 10.5.1 without running the apple 10.5.1 combo updater over it and loosing sleep by that.

cheers (and thanks to kalyway), pilsator

thanx man!!!! i'll stick with the sleep working

I have a asus motherboard p5pl2 p-4 3.4ghz HT video card geforce 6600 everthing works fine but i get no audio can someone help me i update to 10.5.2 but still no audio

can someone help please also when i try to do bootcamp says boot rom needs to be update

also get the blank screen for a bit them comes up

did the video card update fine