kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate on "The Bay"

theotheo

326 posts in this topic

Hi,

It`s safe to update directly from 10.4.8 (Darwin OKs-Computer.local 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Sat Dec 9 22:18:27 AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386) with this package?

Sorry if its a n00b question, am just starting with hackintosh and I need to upgrade ASAP in order to use an iPhone with it (you know... Valentine's day)

Probo.

Hi,

It`s safe to update directly from 10.4.8 (Darwin OKs-Computer.local 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Sat Dec 9 22:18:27 AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386) with this package?

Sorry if its a n00b question, am just starting with hackintosh and I need to upgrade ASAP in order to use an iPhone with it.

Probo.

Short answer? No. If you can afford an iPhone, you should go buy a real mac, honestly. But to answer your question, you need to actually shove that install down your throat, get Kalyway's 10.5.1, install that, and then talk about updating. Come back then.

I have a asus motherboard p5pl2 p-4 3.4ghz HT video card geforce 6600 everthing works fine but i get no audio can someone help me i update to 10.5.2 but still no audio

can someone help please also when i try to do bootcamp says boot rom needs to be update

also get the blank screen for a bit them comes up

did the video card update fine

Short answer? No. If you can afford an iPhone, you should go buy a real mac, honestly. But to answer your question, you need to actually shove that install down your throat, get Kalyway's 10.5.1, install that, and then talk about updating. Come back then.

Hey!! Take it easy!! I already have 2 Macs... a MacBookPro and a 20" iMac... but the Hackintosh one is intended just to learn how to do different things and take the challenge. Also... this is our second iPhone, a gift for my wife.

So, you mean... this install is not a good one? (actually, it's working really good) and I assume you're pointing me to use a 10.5.1 because of the Kernel, right?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I used the comboupdate from Kalyway on my ToH 10.5.0 install and that works fine.

The next step is the kernel and the graphics update, i run timemachine first so that i can get 10.5.2 back when it goes wrong.

But so far so good.

I just released the kernel that was released is an EFI only kernel.I don't have EFI installed, since I don't have any c2d or anything like that, and installed the regular kernel, so does anybody know a way to get the patched new kernel to work for me without having EFI?

Mayoxy- I don't know what else to tell you, I'm not very advanced with this stuff yet. I'll let ya know if I see anything that might help though.Beeve
Start clicking Reply on the persons post so that it will quote them like I just did now.It helps a lot instead of having to go through pages to find the user to try to help.

Worked fine on my p5k-e wifi/ap with 8800 GTS, q6700, 4 gb RAM...

Installed the combo update first and then the kernel update.

Just a quick note...after installing the combo update my system rebooted during the reboot after the initial install. It ended up totaling 2 reboots before I even saw the desktop again. Also the second time it reboots it took a while to process, be patient and you'll be up and running shortly.

I have kalyway 10.5.1 with vanilla kernel and mbr partition on an asus p5k-e wifi-ap cd2 6750 and ati 1900gt everithing is working well and i'm afraid todestroy my installation. I've got 10.5.2 kalyway combo update and the new kernel mpkg, now how do i install these updates?

thanx in advance for the help.

I have kalyway 10.5.1 with vanilla kernel and mbr partition on an asus p5k-e wifi-ap cd2 6750 and ati 1900gt everithing is working well and i'm afraid todestroy my installation. I've got 10.5.2 kalyway combo update and the new kernel mpkg, now how do i install these updates?

thanx in advance for the help.

Pretty simple, just run the package from the KalywayCombo first, go through the installer, and reboot. Can't hurt to repair permissions at that point.

(Disk Utility: Select OS X Disk, Repair Permissions)

Then run the package for the kernel update, and install the Vanilla kernel (assuming you have an SSE3 system), and repair permissions again for the hell of it.

Beeve

I downloaded the Kalyway Combo updater from "the bay" and the Kernel update, which I had to really look for, since it is not filed in the right category. Anyway, the update process went smoothly, first the Combo updater and then the Kernel update. I am on 10.5.2 with everything working (sleep, restart, no crashes on info profiler, etc). I did have some graphic tearing issues, mainly when I refreshed a web page on Firefox, but the Graphics update from Software Updates got rid of that problem.

Finally, list view with stacks!

What's more my iPhone works great & importing movies into iMovie from my camcorder works better than it does on my MBP!

Cheers.

Kalyway is doing a really goooooood job! Congratulations!!! :censored2:

That said, I have read that some people have installed the official update successfully. The only trick to do is running a loop command into a terminal window then edit a startup file before rebooting.

So, for my understanding, which way do we have to choose to update from Kalyway 10.5.1 with Vanilla kernel? What does the custom update of Kalyway exactly?

Thanks for any good information!!

I have a problem with the kernelpkg, if i choose the vanila kernel i get a restart loop.

When i choose the other kernel i get a kernel panic when it boots after the darwin loads.

Do you guys know witch one i need to install and maybe knows wat i'm doing wrong.

The processor is a dual not a single what the picture say's.

I wait with the graphics update for now.

screen_10.5.2.tiff

I ran the Graphics Update on my computer, and I have an ASUS GeForce 7300GS 256mb. Our cards are slightly different (as well as the make of it), but it worked for me. Chances are it'll work for you as well, but as everything in Hackintosh, YMMV.You forgot the most important part: the CPU. Bottom line is, if you have a Core 2 Duo, you can use the Vanilla (Original Apple) Kernel - the first on the package. If you have an AMD processor, or an Intel processor that's NOT a C2D but that supports SSE3 (Like the Pentium D, for instance), then you need to install the Modified Kernel (the 2nd option).Hope that helps.

You said "If you have an AMD processor, or an Intel processor that's NOT a C2D but that supports SSE3, then you need to install the Modified Kernel", you mean SSE2 don't you?

Everything working OK!

Installed Kalyways 10.5.1, then the update to 10.5.2 as described on page 3 in this post. After that a graphical update, and it's working like a charm!

(Except on-board LAN, which I had to fix by getting a Ethernet PCI-card.)

Great instructions!

Just a tip to everyone with the endless reboot. To fix this issue, I simply stuck in the Kalyway 10.5.1 disc in my drive and it booted back to the desktop!

Once I was logged in I opened terminal and ran:

sudo cp /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Disc/mach_kernel /mach_kernel

I was then able to boot into Leopard without having the disc in there! My system says it's 10.5.2, but I'm assuming since I just copied the kernel from the 10.5.1 disc, I'm using the old kernel. Hope this helps someone!!

I used timemachine and did a restore to the backup a made from 10.5.2 whit out the kernel, whats the differents whit the new kernel?.

And if its possible i like to use the new kernel who has the golden tip.

Hey!! Take it easy!! I already have 2 Macs... a MacBookPro and a 20" iMac... but the Hackintosh one is intended just to learn how to do different things and take the challenge. Also... this is our second iPhone, a gift for my wife.So, you mean... this install is not a good one? (actually, it's working really good) and I assume you're pointing me to use a 10.5.1 because of the Kernel, right?Thanks for the quick reply!
The thing is that basically, in Hackintosh, you can't smoothly update or upgrade. So the best thing you can do is get rid of that Tiger install, and get Kaly's 10.5.1, then update to 10.5.2 with Kaly's ComboUpdate, then Update the Kernel if needed. Plus, you gotta tell us your setup as well, otherwise no one can really give you any real or useful advice.And sorry about sounding off on you, but some other asshat in another thread had pissed me off and it carried over.
I used timemachine and did a restore to the backup a made from 10.5.2 whit out the kernel, whats the differents whit the new kernel?.And if its possible i like to use the new kernel who has the golden tip.
If you don't tell use what system you are running, in detail, we can't tell you if or which kernel you can update to.

This may sound crazy but I don't trust Time Machine. Is there a way to clone the 10.5.1 install (it has its own hard drive to another hard drive)? I've tried with Carbon Copy Cloner but it doesn't seem to yield a bootable volume. There is this odd MBR + EFI thing. Can Ghost or whatever do it from Windows XP?

ls

I found this software called "SuperDuper MAC Backup Utility". Just google it (it's free). Good luck