kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate on "The Bay"

theotheo

326 posts in this topic

Hi there,

As I was browsing for info on the 10.5.2 update I stumbled upon a torrent on "The Bay"

The torrent is called "kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate" but there is not much info about it. Since I only have one Hackintosh at the moment testing this is not an option for me.

Can anyone confirm if it's good or not!?

Thanx in advance ;)

i downloaded this already also. gonna try it at lunch and see what happans

crosses fingers XX otherwise its back to manual methods or waiting for an official 10.5.2 kalyway or other installer

i´m downloading... i´ll report wenn i´ve tried.

I'd like to know, before I take the plunge:

1) Does this install the new Kernel? if not, how would I go about installing it?

2) Would it be safe to run the update on my machine? Specs are in my signature, but I'm on a C2D, wtih Vanilla Kernel, EFI and GUID.

Thanks for your time, all :(

i get a black screen after the boot screen after installing this, but after 4 minutes of black the login screen finally comes up. is anybody else have this issue, and know whats causing it? i did the graphics update but it did not fix the problem

:D Kalyway is a God send. Thank You again for another awesome update. I did the update with the combo hack 10.5.2 updater and am running my HP Pavilion 5060 desktop dual booting with vista and 10.5.2 all running good. Thanks again man.

It updated and worked fine with my Sony VAIO TXN15 with kalyway 10.5.1

Had to reload my powermanagement.bundle but the network settings stuck.

The kernel is not updated though, its still only at 9.1, my macbook pro reports a kernel of 9.2 after the real update

ok back from lunch , I installed kalyway 10.5.2 update from safemode, rebooted, got a kernal panic, restarted again using -v -r -x got a panic, booted back up with -x -v "Graphics Mode"="1680x1050x32" , installed the apple graphics update 1.0 from softwre updater, rebooted and got a kernal panic.

I did NOT update the kernal yet.

but i see that when i try to boot normally i am still getting a kernal panic at

I think it was apple.Geforce.kext (i'll take a screenie after work)

& NVDAResman.kext

it didn't ruin the install but somehow i thought i'd see my 8800GT working after this 10.5.2 update.

However I still see under grphics/displays that i have no kext loaded.

so i'm right back where i started from

with the kalyway update and 5.2 kernel do you still need to install the graphics update? Or is it included?

It's not included, so you still need to install it from software update. Not installed here, I need to read feedback on this before.