kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate on "The Bay"

theotheo

326 posts in this topic

yo yo people

need some help!!!

i've run the update kalway combo 10.5.2 then got the delay, then looked for a solution to get rid of this.

i then ran the kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg and choose kernel_Patched (by modbin) and installed

then when i re booted i got the dreaded message of ' you need to restart your computer. Hold the Power buton for several seconds or press restart'!!! nightmare!

so i have the iAtkos install cd etc is there anything i can do to revert back and install the other kernel update (kernel_vanilla (original) which i probably should of done in the first place or revert to the one that was working before?

hope some one can please help as dont want to do a clean install.

HELPPPP!!!!

Boom!

sawa this some where when i took notes. credit goes to the poster.

Just a tip to everyone with the endless reboot. To fix this issue, I simply stuck in the Kalyway 10.5.1 disc in my drive and it booted back to the desktop! 

Once I was logged in I opened terminal and ran:

CODE
sudo cp /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Disc/mach_kernel /mach_kernel

I was then able to boot into Leopard without having the disc in there! My system says it's 10.5.2, but I'm assuming since I just copied the kernel from the 10.5.1 disc, I'm using the old kernel. Hope this helps someone!!

sawa this some where when i took notes. credit goes to the poster.

Just a tip to everyone with the endless reboot. To fix this issue, I simply stuck in the Kalyway 10.5.1 disc in my drive and it booted back to the desktop! 

Once I was logged in I opened terminal and ran:

CODE
sudo cp /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Disc/mach_kernel /mach_kernel

I was then able to boot into Leopard without having the disc in there! My system says it's 10.5.2, but I'm assuming since I just copied the kernel from the 10.5.1 disc, I'm using the old kernel. Hope this helps someone!!

yeah i tried that it didnt work.

Boom

yo yo people

need some help!!!

i've run the update kalway combo 10.5.2 then got the delay, then looked for a solution to get rid of this.

i then ran the kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg and choose kernel_Patched (by modbin) and installed

then when i re booted i got the dreaded message of ' you need to restart your computer. Hold the Power buton for several seconds or press restart'!!! nightmare!

so i have the iAtkos install cd etc is there anything i can do to revert back and install the other kernel update (kernel_vanilla (original) which i probably should of done in the first place or revert to the one that was working before?

hope some one can please help as dont want to do a clean install.

HELPPPP!!!!

Boom!

hi guys

just to let you know success ;-)

i had a spare hard drive so installed a clean iATKos on that and accessed my main OSX Leopard from there. i then ran

kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg and instead of choosing 'kernel_Patched (by modbin)', i choose to install 'kernel_vanilla (original)' on my main leopard drive from my now emergency leopard drive.

and it worked all up to date, using this and kalway 10.5.2 combo update. and now since i installed the kernel_vanilla i have no black screen fro 4 minutes woo hoo!

hope this helps anyone else who installed the wrong kernel ;-)

Boom!

I apologize if this question is redundant, but for those using the mbr kernels, will choosing the Vanilla kernel update work? It sounds like the kernel update only works for those using EFI or Vanilla kernels. If that's the case, do you think Kalyway will patch a kernel for us mbr users?

If you don't update the kernel, do you still get the updated features (hierarchial stacks, etc)? Thanks and props to Kalyway as usual.

My rig:

Core2Duo 1.86ghz

8600gt

Asus P5E

Kalyway 10.5.1 using mbr install

Ok, here are my findings....

I've installed the 10.5.2 ComboUpdate AND the graphics update. Everything works fine. HOWEVER, I cannot get the kernel update to work. If I try to use the Kalyway Vanilla update I just get an endless reboot. I have to copy back over my Kalyway 10.5.1 kernel and it works fine again. If I install the Modified Kernel (modbin) I just get a kernel panic upon reboot. Again, I can copy over my 10.5.1 kernel and works fine again. Does anyone have this same problem of NEITHER one of the kernels working? Any suggestions?

work on my lap too 

just one reboot and was working fine but still not have plug and play for usb hard drive

i'm using iatkos 1.0 r2 plus 10.5.2 combo update

my sistem is acer 9423 17 '' 

was anyone triedthe  iwi3945 driver  on the new kernel maybe now could work  

not everyone has a atheros  wireless card to get to work on hakicntosh

lot's of thanks to anyone for  making  this patches for everydayto get  possible this for all of us 

Finally got my install working.. Tested using my second install and then transfered to my main install. I decided to switch from ToH to Kalyways 10.5.1 and upgraded to 10.5.2 using the combo+kernel update. Everything is working including my GeForce 8600 graphics card.

Again, thanks you kalyway and everyone

I've installed the 10.5.2 ComboUpdate AND the graphics update. Everything works fine. HOWEVER, I cannot get the kernel update to work. If I try to use the Kalyway Vanilla update I just get an endless reboot. I have to copy back over my Kalyway 10.5.1 kernel and it works fine again. If I install the Modified Kernel (modbin) I just get a kernel panic upon reboot. Again, I can copy over my 10.5.1 kernel and works fine again. Does anyone have this same problem of NEITHER one of the kernels working? Any suggestions?

Hi all. I'm new at this hackintosh stuff and recently installed kaly 10.5.1 and everything worked with no hiccups. Tried to upgrade to 10.5.2, but it never works. Hi always get e kernell panic no matter what I try.

I have an Asus G1 sadly I cannot make 10.5.2 work.

The kaly 10.5.2 combo update works and the graphics update also, but the kernel update makes a mess of my leopard and I get a kernel panic and cannot enter into the desktop. Can someone help me or guide me in the right direction. I've installed the OS so many times this last days that I'm getting tired of this and thinking of giving up until Kaly comes up with a full 10.5.2 DVD installer.

thanks

P.S.- Sorry if my english is bad. I'm from Portugal.

Hi all. I'm new at this hackintosh stuff and recently installed kaly 10.5.1 and everything worked with no hiccups. Tried to upgrade to 10.5.2, but it never works. Hi always get e kernell panic no matter what I try.

I have an Asus G1 sadly I cannot make 10.5.2 work.

The kaly 10.5.2 combo update works and the graphics update also, but the kernel update makes a mess of my leopard and I get a kernel panic and cannot enter into the desktop. Can someone help me or guide me in the right direction. I've installed the OS so many times this last days that I'm getting tired of this and thinking of giving up until Kaly comes up with a full 10.5.2 DVD installer.

thanks

P.S.- Sorry if my english is bad. I'm from Portugal.

Did you install 10.5.1 via the apple mbr method (non-EFI)? It seems that most ppl who didn't install w/ the EFI option cannot upgrade to the new kernel (yet). Hopefully Kalyway will release another modded kernel for those of us with Asus motherboards (seems to the case most often).

I've instaled following the instructions from kaly. installed the vanilla kernel, and the bootloader is mbr. Is the problem from the mobo that is asus and not intel? When installing the updated kernel i've chosen both kernels and none of them works...

Maybe I do have to wait for that new version from kaly. In the mean time is there any way to fix the wait time leopard takes to load up when installing only the combo update? It takes forever to boot.

I could make children will I wait :(;)

thanks for the help

I apologize if this question is redundant, but for those using the mbr kernels, will choosing the Vanilla kernel update work? It sounds like the kernel update only works for those using EFI or Vanilla kernels. If that's the case, do you think Kalyway will patch a kernel for us mbr users?

If you don't update the kernel, do you still get the updated features (hierarchial stacks, etc)? Thanks and props to Kalyway as usual.

My rig:

Core2Duo 1.86ghz

8600gt

Asus P5E

Kalyway 10.5.1 using mbr install

i have mbr and efi, no vanilla. i update using kalyway combo and update the kernel also using kalyway, but choose the patch kernel. works very good.

Hi all,

I have a buddy who I just setup an Asus P5LD2-VM DH 945 mobo with a Pentium D930 cpu, 2 gb ram and installed Kalyway 10.5.1. We selected guid and vanilla with acpi fix and only the acpi fix. We didn't choose the first selection, vanilla kernel. The install went fine and so far he liked a lot. Now that 10.5.2 is out he wants to update. So I have a question regarding the update.

We want to use the Kalyway combo update and the kernels pkg. After we install the update and it boots to the desktop and verify that indeed he has 10.5.2 and the old 9.1 kernel, can he now install the new kernel? When installing the new kernel, what kernel do we need to choose vanilla or the patched one? I'm pretty sure the Pentium D's don't support vanilla kernel, but I might be wrong. Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Chevy

Hi all,

I have a buddy who I just setup an Asus P5LD2-VM DH 945 mobo with a Pentium D930 cpu, 2 gb ram and installed Kalyway 10.5.1. We selected guid and vanilla with acpi fix and only the acpi fix. We didn't choose the first selection, vanilla kernel. The install went fine and so far he liked a lot. Now that 10.5.2 is out he wants to update. So I have a question regarding the update.

We want to use the Kalyway combo update and the kernels pkg. After we install the update and it boots to the desktop and verify that indeed he has 10.5.2 and the old 9.1 kernel, can he now install the new kernel? When installing the new kernel, what kernel do we need to choose vanilla or the patched one? I'm pretty sure the Pentium D's don't support vanilla kernel, but I might be wrong. Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Chevy

Use the patched kernel (NOT the vanilla kernel). The vanilla kernel will work only with C2D processor, and you are running a Pentium D. BTW, the P5LD2-VM is one of the best and easiest boards for Hack Mac.

HI dudes,

having installing kalyway 10.5.1 leopard version a few weeks ago, it all worked until I used the combo update from kalyway (10.5.2), the update went great but after rebooting for the first time, I only saw the grey apple for 10 minutes then my pc rebooted and the same grey apple without, this time ans HDD activity ... so I really think I'mstick now ... and no black screen even after 20 minutes ...

did I do something wrong ?

Thanks for replying )

Hi all,

I have a buddy who I just setup an Asus P5LD2-VM DH 945 mobo with a Pentium D930 cpu, 2 gb ram and installed Kalyway 10.5.1. ...The install went fine and so far he liked a lot. Now that 10.5.2 is out he wants to update. So I have a question regarding the update.

We want to use the Kalyway combo update and the kernels pkg. After we install the update and it boots to the desktop and verify that indeed he has 10.5.2 and the old 9.1 kernel, can he now install the new kernel?

the same mobo with pentium d. Instaled Kalyway combo + kernels pkg + Graphic update from Apple. Sleep function not working more. And have problems with usb - web camera and flash works with lot of errors.

Works great on my GA-965G-DS3 with Kalyway Kernel Package or even with the latest 9.2.0 Speedstep Netkas kernel.

The only problem i had is that after doing the upgrade the software update came up with a "Graphics Update" that when

i did it i had to run the MacLovin ATI package to re-enable QE&CI on my card....

Many many thanx to KALYWAY !!!

Finally took the plunge and installed and did the following:

- Removed the beta 10.5.2 video drives I was using.

- Installed the comboupdate, repaired permissions, rebooted

- Shutdown hung up, hard reset then reboot automatically one more time

- On next reboot, OSX finally loads, installed the modded kernel update, repair permissions, rebooted.

- Installed the graphics update and rebooted fine, but my damn 8600GT isn't recognized.

- Re-installed the 10.5.2 nvidia drivers, repaired permissions.

100% done and done, or so I thought. Looks like sleep function isn't working properly anymore (this was working for me in 10.5.1). Seems I might need to replace some kexts for that function.

Soooo close.

Ugh, same problem here. Have a Intel 3.2ghz single core, accoring to CPU-Z in Vista, supports SSE2 and SSE3, on a MSI PT880 board. I can get it to run with old Kernel but, it takes forever(5+ min, vs. old 1-2 min) to boot to the desktop, when it's there it works great (accept "About this Mac" logs me out, anyone ?). I did install the iAtkos 1.0ir2 when I first installed it, and used the Darwin X86 bootloader.

Any idea if there is a fix or hack for this ?