[How to] Install 10.5.2 Update [TUTORIAL]

=-Devin-=

509 posts in this topic

Just want to report a successful install on a Kalyway 10.5.1 + Vanilla on an MBR drive using the instructions exactly as written at the beginning of this article. Thanks for figuring this out and posting the how to! Computer had to restart twice, but after that, smooth sailing.

I also did the install of the graphics drivers with through software update without a hitch. I am running a PNY GeForce 8400 GS on a DVI out to a projector without any problem. I will have to let you know if there is any improvement with these drivers, but from what I have heard I have the same drivers that were released with 10.5.2.

Some transient wired LAN problems, but those are actually coming from my real macs, not my hack mac... Go figure. One computer is showing up in the finder twice.

I am on a Compaq 5150 with the E2140 Core Duo, Lancaster Mobo with the video card mentioned above, and a DGE 530T gigabit ethernet card.

Good luck to all!

Reporting success on Dell Precision 690 with dual Quad Xeons, Kalyway 10.5.1, Vanilla, and GUID. I followed the instructions and only removed the AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext and edited the one line in the "install at startup" script. All other kexts are from 10.5.2

Added bonus... without doing anything else, TimeMachine now works perfectly (never worked before, even with the patches from the various posts).

I'm going to remove my NVInject and see if anything changes with the graphics when I run the updater.

Success installing on a brazilmac install that had previously been patched to 10.5.1 using EFI + MBR.

PS2 mouse and KB work fine. Haven't checked reboot yet. About this Mac has wrong CPU speed (4 ghz instead of 2.4) and more info is broken. I'll mess around with .kexts I guess. Any suggestions from people with about this mac working? Or is that anyone?

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!

I FOLLOWED YOUR DIRECTIONS PERFECTLY!!!

AND IT WORKED! AHAHAHA THANK YOU THANK YOU

ehem...sorry bout the caps but I want to buy you a drink (of your choice)

My install method and rig are in my sig

peaze and happiness ... installing graphic update to see if my 8800 512MB will work natively and in peace with all nations

ill be back with screen shots and jubilation

---- to anyone, please take your time and read the post about 10 times before doing it on your own... take your time, take your time... stop shaking -_-

Just wanted to report Kalaway GUI EFI on DS3. Followed the instruction on the first post of this thread. After 10.5.2 update was applied, I copied over the two audio kext (ALCinject and AppleHDA) to re-enable audio on the DS3. Also edited IONetworkingFamily to add in ethernet support.

My "About This Mac" incorrectly shows 4GHz. Clicking more info say that there was an error while gathering this information.

-David

After reinstallin the kalyway OSX, I got into the system and after getting all the updates (except 10.5.2) I can't get into osx...

could they have changed something else in some other update for all the new people getting into hackintosh?? it worked before doing the updates.

Reporting success on Dell Precision 690 with dual Quad Xeons, Kalyway 10.5.1, Vanilla, and GUID. I followed the instructions and only removed the AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext and edited the one line in the "install at startup" script. All other kexts are from 10.5.2

Added bonus... without doing anything else, TimeMachine now works perfectly (never worked before, even with the patches from the various posts).

I'm going to remove my NVInject and see if anything changes with the graphics when I run the updater.

My Time Machine started working properly after this too! I wonder what the problem really was then...

The guide works like a charm on my Kaly 10.5.1 system (see my sig for specs). The only extension I swapped prior to reboot is AppleSMBIOS.kext. My audio works fine, but then again it always works fine on every release (no drivers needed :D). About this Mac works fine too.

Success on my Sony VAIO FE-780G Notebook. Keyboard isn't functioning, i will replace ACPI kext in single user mode. OSX crash if i try to view about this mac. As well, I will replace SMBIOS in single user mode in a sec.

EDIT: I had to use a USB keyboard to replace the ACPIPlatform kext as i couldn't do it in single user mode. Im guessing if i booted the Install DVD i could have used the terminal then, but meh.

Reporting 100% positive.

Gonna try the graph update now, lets see what happens with the 8800 GTX.

UPDATE: Updated succesfully.

----------------

QX9650@3000 l 2x2 GB PC6400 l Geforce 8800GTX 768MB l P5K-VM HDMI l 2x500GB SATA-II l Linksys WUSB54GC l OSX 10.5.2 l

Got 10.5.2 working off a fresh Kaly install... but after letting the graphics update download, nothing has happened. I was running the NVInject drivers with the 9C30 (pre-release 10.5.2) kext's before I rebuilt the system with 10.5.2 this afternoon, and they worked fine... if these new kext's are supposedly included in 10.5.2 (at least for my 8600GT), do I still need to install the NVInject drivers?

I followed the steps and now it wont boot, it will just restart on its own.

I tried -s, -x, -v and still the same.. it doesnt stop and show me an error, it will just reboot and start it over again.

I do have a Pentium D.. NOT a Core 2 Duo, is this the problem?

I was going to make sure I edited the InstallAtStartup file but for some reason booting to terminal off the Leopard cd doesn't understand "sudo nano"

Is there anything I can do to go back or am I screwed?

... Leopard cd doesn't understand "sudo nano"

Is there anything I can do to go back or am I screwed?

I'm not sure what Do Not Steal Mac Os.kext does, but I think you're screwed if that gets installed.

For future reference, when booting off the leopard dvd, you don't need the "sudo" part, since you're already logged in as administrator at that point.

Okay, so for people who've stupidly went and installed the update without listening to these directions, there is still hope...

I've managed to boot into windows, installed a program called MacDrive to access my leopard partition, I deleted the AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext, used notepad to edit the InstallAtStartup/scripts/1 file, and rebooted...

Now, I'm getting past the kernel panic part, and am stuck on the spinning grey screen... which I'm inclined to believe is a different error...

I think I need to replace some kexts.. But I'm past the hard part and I believe that accomplished the same as the instructions above.

Another way to recover from such a massive screwup would be booting off the install dvd, going into utilities - terminal, and doing everything from there.Just remember to omit the word "sudo" from commands, and add "/Volumes/your leopard volume name/" before "/System" in all the paths above.

I'm not sure what Do Not Steal Mac Os.kext does, but I think you're screwed if that gets installed.

For future reference, when booting off the leopard dvd, you don't need the "sudo" part, since you're already logged in as administrator at that point.

Okay, so for people who've stupidly went and installed the update without listening to these directions, there is still hope...

I've managed to boot into windows, installed a program called MacDrive to access my leopard partition, I deleted the AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext, used notepad to edit the InstallAtStartup/scripts/1 file, and rebooted...

Now, I'm getting past the kernel panic part, and am stuck on the spinning grey screen... which I'm inclined to believe is a different error...

I think I need to replace some kexts.. But I'm past the hard part and I believe that accomplished the same as the instructions above.

Another way to recover from such a massive screwup would be booting off the install dvd, going into utilities - terminal, and doing everything from there.Just remember to omit the word "sudo" from commands, and add "/Volumes/your leopard volume name/" before "/System" in all the paths above.

I know you are already in "sudo" from cd.. so let me rewrite it..

Booting off the Leopard DVD to terminal, doesn't understand "nano"

Anyone else's GMA950 video resolution stop working after this? It's like it can't recognize my monitor can do 1680x1050 anymore.

I am using GMA950 with Paulicat's natit and its working Fine. I have yet to try the graphics update. has anyone updated who is using paulicat's natit ? If so, does the graphics update work without paulicat's natit?

EFI & MBR iATKOS install btw. Audio is working fine. I didn't need to reinstall anything audio related. No battery icon though, but i had that issue since i upgraded to Leo.