[How to] Install 10.5.2 Update [TUTORIAL]

=-Devin-=

509 posts in this topic

Well

...Since the update it skips this step and takes me straight into the kernel panic without the choice of choosing, say, windows.

try mashing F8 repeatedly while it's booting up.. it may still allow you to enter options, it's just got a 0second delay now.

Worked for me. nVIDIA GeForce FX5200

It should work.

Do you think it will make a difference with my Nvidia 7300 GS if I install the graphics update or should I wait until I get a better card?

Also did you update through Apple's software update download or from a separate installer like the 10.5.2 update?

Do you think it will make a difference with my Nvidia 7300 GS if I install the graphics update or should I wait until I get a better card?

Also did you update through Apple's software update download or from a separate installer like the 10.5.2 update?

I think it will work. But, I cannot guarantee it will.

Software Update was used.

So does anyone know if you can delete AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext *after* a botched update, by booting off the install disk?or should I just nuke the partition now and start over?
Not sure. I don't think it will fix it.But its worth the try! :)
Hello, I get "Still waiting for root device" if I follow this guide. This message never appeared before.I updated from iATKOS v1.0i, only efi patch installed.I cant boot in -s or -v mode.Any suggestion?Thank you very much!
Search the forum for this problem. ;)I think you will find your answer by searching around.Good luck!

ok, I disconnected the windows drive, typed F8 rigorously and have a boot: prompt. It tells me to type ? and press enter and it will give me advanced startup options. Did that... it does nothing. What command should I type?

Thanks

Pandar

ok, I disconnected the windows drive, typed F8 rigorously and have a boot: prompt. It tells me to type ? and press enter and it will give me advanced startup options. Did that... it does nothing. What command should I type?

Thanks

Pandar

Try

-x

This will boot in "safe mode".

I ran the 10.5.2 update using Netkas instructions and everything ran fine. Then, I installed the graphic update too and it's still working fine. I lost audio, but I read on another post that you can restore by reinstalling the driver so that's what I'm doing right now... Also, I do have the problem that other people were reporting, with the About this Mac, not reporting correct infos, but I guess it's not so important as long as my hackingtosh is working.

Devin, Sorry I dont find anything about this. Also the strange thing is that I've a long time using iATKOS v1.0 without "waiting for root device" problem. I now, from the update I find this..

When I tried kalyway for first time, I had same problem, then I installed iATKOS and didnt have this problem any more. Do anyone knows how to fix "Still waiting for root device problem"??

Thank you all!

;)

Hi, I am trying to update from a fresh Kalyway install since I screwed up my setup (got a kernel panic during install). I did used the combo file each time.

But on my new try with a fresh install I got an error on first line at boot after update saying something about ACPI or something like "that plateform could not be found .. ".

Question 1 : When you say "-- Before you reboot, move any KEXTS from the backups you made, back to the Extensions folder. This may include AppleACPIPlatform,kext and others, graphics, sound, etc. --" what exactly should be bring back or not from backup? I did moved back AppleACPIPlatform or something like that, but its the only kext I moved back.

Question 2 : Should I install sound kext + video nvInject before or after the update?

Thanks for any advice!

I am kind of getting tired of installing mac osx again and again this week ;)

Devin, Sorry I dont find anything about this. Also the strange thing is that I've a long time using iATKOS v1.0 without "waiting for root device" problem. I now, from the update I find this..When I tried kalyway for first time, I had same problem, then I installed iATKOS and didnt have this problem any more. Do anyone knows how to fix "Still waiting for root device problem"??Thank you all!;)
Try this :)http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...for_root_device

Hi, I am trying to update from a fresh Kalyway install since I screwed up my setup (got a kernel panic during install). I did used the combo file each time.But on my new try with a fresh install I got an error on first line at boot after update saying something about ACPI or something like "that plateform could not be found .. ".Question 1 : When you say "-- Before you reboot, move any KEXTS from the backups you made, back to the Extensions folder. This may include AppleACPIPlatform,kext and others, graphics, sound, etc. --" what exactly should be bring back or not from backup? I did moved back AppleACPIPlatform or something like that, but its the only kext I moved back. Question 2 : Should I install sound kext + video nvInject before or after the update?Thanks for any advice!I am kind of getting tired of installing mac osx again and again this week :o

1) What I am saying, is if you installed some drivers, and need them still, copy them back from the backup you made before you updated, so that way you have it in 10.5.2. So Bring back necessary drivers you may need, or any required files you patched to boot, etc.

2) I would do it before. If it doesn't work after update, like for a few people, reinstall afterward too. :)

Hope that helps out!

Damn same problem on first line :

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x00430ce1) : "Unable to find driver for this platform: : \"ACPI\". \n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.3.13/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatforme.cpp :1407

Debugger called : <panic>

Anyone else reporting this problem? Should I use Ktext Helper to move them back to the folder or simply drag/drop them?

It seems like my ACPI kext is wrong..

Ok...

Let's rock...

Tryed with replace of acpi...

Same error:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x00430ce1) : "Unable to find driver for this platform: : \"ACPI\". \n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.3.13/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatforme.cpp :1407

And all stop

BUT

Restart your system

Press the F8 key before the apple screen

Boot with -x

The system automatically loading and reboot another time (it's normal)

The next reboot you can access into the system and keyboard/mousepad working but you receive a strange message about impossibility of loading a kext...

Check the permissions and repair...

WARNING!

On my dv6000 the intel lan don't working...i need to replace the new IONetworking with the old one...and all worked...

All ok you says but...

NO!

When reboot again the system receive the same error:

Now i'm write in safe boot...

Hope a solution come pretty but for now i can write...and have a 10.5.2...

Somebody have an idea about this strange errors?