[How to] Install 10.5.2 Update [TUTORIAL]

=-Devin-=

509 posts in this topic

A quick update:

Audio broke on my Gigabyte DS3 (ALC883), and System Profiler can't display the hardware overview (though the individual sections work).

Just re-install the drivers, and it should work.

I had to fix mine too.

Just re-install the drivers, and it should work.

I had to fix mine too.

Where can I reinstall those drivers from? Were they custom on the Kalyway's disk, or can I get them from my Leopard disk? I can't find a download link anywhere online.

As far as I understand it IS critical to remove "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext" ASAP. Sorry for you :)

I know it's critical to remove it.

I didn't think it was critical to remove it continuously, which is what this command does, during the install.

I was able to reboot from the CD and using terminal, restore my 10.1 to booting.

I don't think the install got too far before, so I just replaced my ACPIP extension, and deleted the power managment (actually in the process of doing this, but i think i'll work).

Where can I reinstall those drivers from? Were they custom on the Kalyway's disk, or can I get them from my Leopard disk? I can't find a download link anywhere online.

Search SkippyRetard. He makes the drivers.

Help!!

I'm stuck in the tutorial at step 8 "Find the line with /System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext"

I try to select the text and replace it and the normal methods of cutting or deleting or editing the text don't seem to work

I can't go on with the install till I replace that text.

What do I do?

Thanks

Pandar

Help!!

I'm stuck in the tutorial at step 8 "Find the line with /System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext"

I try to select the text and replace it and the normal methods of cutting or deleting or editing the text don't seem to work

I can't go on with the install till I replace that text.

What do I do?

Thanks

Pandar

Use the arrow keys to navigate around.

I know it's critical to remove it.

I didn't think it was critical to remove it continuously, which is what this command does, during the install.

I was able to reboot from the CD and using terminal, restore my 10.1 to booting.

I don't think the install got too far before, so I just replaced my ACPIP extension, and deleted the power managment (actually in the process of doing this, but i think i'll work).

Good luck!

ACC!

I just braked my osx 20 min ago!

You have added more info about keyboard and mouse issue during my crash!

HP DV6000 core2 system update installed and reeboot perfectly but keyboard and mouse don't work...

Ok...

Last chance...just another download and install...3.33 am (Italy)...

(UFF! it's the third times!...hope it's the last...updates on next reboot!)

Good luck for me...

All I replaced was AppleSMBios and appleahd file, do i need to replace anything else to get reboot,shutdown,sleep working?

Maybe AppleACPIPlatform? I'm not very sure, but I hear it fixes PS/2 keyboard, mouse and trackpad problems. Also fixes About This Mac probs too, so I hear.

Anyone confirm this?

Shutdown and Reboot work well for me w/o patching.

Thanks for the guide, the update works. My question, now, is: the graphics driver update is still in the Software Update window, will installing this break my system again or does it just not know I installed it because I used the .dmg?

Worked for me. No problems.

So, latest little issue, restart/shutdown doesn't work properly. Is there a kext I need to replace, and does anybody have a copy of it? :(

Not trying to be difficult, sorry!

P.S.

Leopard Graphics Update increased my Quartz animations and WoW framerates up dramatically (Kalyway's install - BFG 8800 GTS 640MB OC2).

I just ran through the update process on a clean 10.5.1 Kalyway install... after installing the update and restarting, the system seems to hang at the startup screen (Apple logo and spinning wheel)... anyone else getting this?

HA-HA!

I wish this thread was here before I started... alas, I was in a hurry to install it and did so the second it came out...

So, I'm stuck with kp on appleintelcpumanagement (of course)... Is there really no way to remove this by booting off the install dvd?

I'm inclined to believe if I boot off the dvd, I should be able to remove this kext, change the dsmos line, and be on my merry way... Can anyone confirm this?

Well

I completed all the steps..( I thought)..Tried to restart, and my machine was visited by the spinning beach ball.

Finally, I forced the machine to quit, and now it kernel panics before even booting. Also, I've been booting into one drive or the other (windows on one disk, mac os x on the other) by choosing the boot menu command in the bios. Then I select the correct drive. Since the update it skips this step and takes me straight into the kernel panic without the choice of choosing, say, windows.

So, other than reinstalling everything, are there any suggestions? I have another mac that I could move a file or two around on.

thanks

Pandar