10.5.2 Is Finally Released!

Numberzz

135 posts in this topic

I just finished a clean install 10.5 and apply 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 updates;

After several tryout, I found that using 10.5.1 toh hacked kernel with 10.5.2 will cause unusual long black screen before login.

Solutions are using original kernel along with dsmos.kext, that will resolve the black screen.

Yep good find. I was also using toh 9.1.0 kernel, changed it to Callway 9.2.0 kernel and no more blank screen or delays in booting. Cheers.

anyone else having this problem with dvd player after 10.5.2 ?

picture2no6.th.jpg

Yes, Clean 10.5 Installation and apply 10.5.1, 10.5.2 (in other partition)

DVD Player no longer work, and look into the DVD Player package.

it seems 10.5.2 update mis-patch DVD player.

there is only Contents\CodeResources and Contents\MacOS\DVD Player executive in the package.(new file patch in 10.5.2 update)

Solution: I just copied other files from previous 10.5.1 installation and it worked.

Well after breaking my install on my hackintosh, I learned to read, and followed the instructions , and success! 10.5.2, the graphics update really helped my open gl an over all graphics performances on my 8600 gt, like xbench of 105 to 258 something , woo!

To install 10.5.2 on iAtkos 10.5.1 just download the Kalyway 10.5.2 Updater from the usual torrent sources. Works nice.

But:

My 8800gts 512 G92 doesnt work yet. I tried nvinject 0.2.1, doesnt work. I dont want to install the old fix for g92 and i hope, that someone here might have a solution

thx

edit

Maybe I was too impatient. Looked like frozen, but with a 8800gts 512 it neeeds about 3 min to boot with 10.5.1 Kernel. Updating the Kernel to 10.5.2 fixed that.

Time to change my profile now -.-

We can now fairly much patch our own cpuid's and replace encrypted files with Marvin's Utility but is there a way to patch our own kernels I have seen a couple floating around TPB but not for AMD SSE2 how do the other hacker here modify / hack these kernels ?

I also believe certain kexts need to be kept as well but that is a smaller issue for now

Not unless you happened to somehow put a MBA touchpad on your MBP :unsure:

So in other words no. Afaik the current touchpads will not ever support multi-touch, as I believe it is hardware & software updates rather than just software based.

~mac.nub

They actually do support multi-touch. You use 2 fingers to scroll. And I think there's one for 3 fingers, but I've never used it.

some things here:

The boot-up is damn faster: tiger like and from turning on the machine to dock/menubar loaded it's really faster now

Dock isn't laggy anymore and I can turn on the magnification, but I have some stacks in the dock and like to use it as grid, when mouse up to the stack window the dock goes down and the "ballon" keeps floating fixed on the desktop, lol

They throw away the glass-blur stuff from menubars and this here didn't laggy the stuff. I was liked this.

They haven't fixed the transparency menubar for fx 5200, We will have to live without use the transparent menubar or use a future solution to simulate/hack that effect to become available for us fx5200 users. (people with real G5 mac pro now could become upset with this)

I didn't notice much performance on ripple effects of dashboard, still faster or I could say "normal". I can play with pixelmator and imaginator, pixelmator is optimized and faster enough to use the effects on images in realtime but imaginator still run bad here.

I notice about the exposé and spaces now don't comes in/out like a {censored} and lag the whole things... Spaces now is perfect with the animations but exposé and dashboard out is not perfect at all. but much more usable than previously one.

Installing 10.5 or 10.5.1, then apply the 10.5.2 update, then apply a localization pack from original DVD will bug some new strings, lol check: http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2582/imagem1jn1.png I just notice these ones

When in finder, now its save your windows configurations correct and exactly as you leave before. A good example happens when you choose to view a folder in coverflow, the applications one AWAYS get un-alligned, Now if you adjust the flow window size and close the finder window it will be saved like as you leave.

Adium with msn account connections is crazy crashing here, noting to say with aim or other services but aways when I put it to connect in my messenger acc, secs latter crash the whole app (thumbsup)

Yep good find. I was also using toh 9.1.0 kernel, changed it to Callway 9.2.0 kernel and no more blank screen or delays in booting. Cheers.

Thanks mate!

I've found that kernel in TPB: search for "kernel" and it's from Kalyway by the way. No more delays but still no sound with the ALCinject and AppleHDA kexts which worked perfectly before updating to 10.5.2.

I updated ToH with Apple Combo 10.5.1 and apple combo 10.5.2 (as in my signature) and DVD player working. My advice: Even you have pc_efi and vanilla installed, avoid system updates via SU. Your hackintosh may be not correctly identified. Better try the combo updates from apple site, they are for ANY Mac (hack included)