10.5.2 Is Finally Released!

Numberzz

135 posts in this topic

Yes, it's true. Check Software Update right now. The build is only a 180MB (Update: It appears that the size of the update varies from computer to computer, ranging from 180-380MB) download and not 400MB+ as some people thought it would be. Here are some of the improvements:

Active Directory

* Addresses issues which could hinder or prevent binding Mac OS X 10.5.x clients to Active Directory domains.

AirPort

* Improves connection reliability and stability

* Includes 802.1X improvements.

* Resolves certain kernel panics.

Back to my Mac

* Adds support for more third-party routers, as detailed in this article.

Dashboard

* Improves performance of certain Apple Dashboard widgets (such as Dictionary).

* Addresses an issue in which Dashboard widgets may no longer be accessible after switching to or from an account that has Parental Controls enabled.

Dock

* Updates Stacks with a List view option, a Folder view option, and an updated background for Grid view.

Desktop

* Addresses legibility issues with the menu bar with an option to turn off transparency in Desktop & Screen Saver preferences.

* Adjusts menus to be slightly-less translucent overall.

iCal

* Improves iCal so that it accurately reflects responses to recurring meetings.

* Addresses an issue in which a meeting may remain on the calendar after being cancelled.

* Addresses stability issues related to .Mac syncing of iCal calendars.

* Resolves an intermittent issue in which editing an event with attendees would cause the event to shrink and not register that the event was updated.

iChat

* Addresses an issue with simultaneously-logged in accounts in which iChat sounds generated from one account might be heard in another account.

* Fixes an issue in which iChat idle time is affected by Time Machine backups.

* Improves connectivity when running iChat behind a router that doesn’t preserve ports.

* Enables logged chats from previous versions of iChat to open faster and more reliably.

* Addresses an issue with text chats in which users may be unable to receive messages from the sender.

* Addresses an issue that may prevent rejoining an AIM chat room without reopening iChat.

* Addresses video chat compatibility issues with AIM 6 and third-party routers.

* Fixes an issue with case-sensitivity of AIM handles.

And much much more. Here is the more.

And here's a screenshot of the first 10.5.2 Install DVD just for fun ;)

Leo1052_DVD.png

And no, it's not been released yet before anyone asks...

Note: This is for Hackintosh, not real Macs.

~mac.nub

What's the ICH7 to ICH9 AHCI Controller option?

Finally! Glad to see it released--with the graphics update as well. I have one question, however: is it possible to increase the menu translucency? In 10.5.1, drop down menus were very slightly translucent, 10.5.2 renders them completely 100% opaque. I actually like the translucency and due to the adjustment for 10.5.2, the translucency must be changeable. Perhaps I could increase the translucency even further than in 10.5.1.

..and are you sure its 180MB? its 341MB for me...

What's important is the space it needs to install, and that is 1 Gig. Plus there are two other updates to consider, the graphics update, and the security update. Make sure you do a backup before you install these, and reboot in-between installs :)

It jacked up my Toshiba.

My trackpad and keyboard dont work. The "notification" area is all jacked up. and To top it off the system profiler is not able to gather info correctly.

You need to copy across some of your old extensions that you (should've) backed up before running the installer.