10.5.2 Is Finally Released!

Numberzz

135 posts in this topic

Would this update work on "normal" P4? I have a Pentium IV, 3,0 GHz, L 2Mb cache.

My PC-EFI is 6.5, I believe.

wich one do you mean ? The apple one or the kaly one ?

I believe that with a P4 you need an hacked kernel ,so you have the choice, nor you use apple update with pacifist and keep your old hacked kernel (9.1.0) and your old system kext.

Nor you choose for kaly combo update with hacked kernel 9.2.0 from kaly too. Go on the bay ...

wich one do you mean ? The apple one or the kaly one ?

I believe that with a P4 you need an hacked kernel ,so you have the choice, nor you use apple update with pacifist and keep your old hacked kernel (9.1.0) and your old system kext.

Nor you choose for kaly combo update with hacked kernel 9.2.0 from kaly too. Go on the bay ...

Thank you very much. I have updated my computer with Kaly combo. Now everything works perfect. I must say that after doing the update, I had a black screen before the desktop to load. This black screen was there 2 minutes, at every boot, until I installed kaly 10.5.2 kernel. Now it works like a charm!

I didn't need to do anything for my graphics.

cabron Adium isnt crashing here.

must be something here (but I saw other people with the same prob, anyway a 1.2.2 version is coming)

also notice a strange bug on system preferences, when select the keyboard and mouse preferences it just doesn't load, by clicking again its now loaded but with a blank window like a bug/mistaken on IB.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1861/imagem1rd7.png

hmm.... seems like after i update i am having frequent kernel panics related to mostly launchd and some finder plus coreservices... its really wierd cos it happens like 2 or 3 times a day.... hope someone can enlighten me on the problem...

PS: i loaded kingston 2x2Gb module instead of the standard samsung ram on my MBP3,1....

Panic_Logs.zip

must be something here (but I saw other people with the same prob, anyway a 1.2.2 version is coming)

also notice a strange bug on system preferences, when select the keyboard and mouse preferences it just doesn't load, by clicking again its now loaded but with a blank window like a bug/mistaken on IB.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1861/imagem1rd7.png

Also working fine here.

Updated to 10.5.2 using the Kalaway package without any major hiccups and also upgraded the kernel.The only thing I am a little scepticle about is updating to the Leopard graphics update and worry if it ruins my install.

10.5.2 working fine on both the Macbook and the Mac Pro. Although oddly it was a 180MB install for the Macbook and 340 or something for the Mac Pro.

Prior to the update, I had issues using Time Machine to backup from the Macbook to an external drive (not enough space), but somehow since 10.5.2 it is like a 10GB smaller backup - no idea why. Too bad you still can't use Time Machine with Airport Extreme + external HD tho.

Too bad you still can't use Time Machine with Airport Extreme + external HD tho.

Well, its possible with

defaults write com.apple.systempreferences TMShowUnsupportedNetworkVolumes 1

but you can't really be sure of the reliability of those backups, some people have said it works flawlessly, other have had trouble. I can get it to back-up ok, but I have to reconnect it directly to my MBP to be able to restore anything. I just wonder with the release of Time Capsule if Apple will ever bother supporting Airport disks. I'm sure all it would take is a simple Airport firmware update.