10.5.2 Is Finally Released!

Numberzz

135 posts in this topic

Yes, it's true. Check Software Update right now. The build is only a 180MB (Update: It appears that the size of the update varies from computer to computer, ranging from 180-380MB) download and not 400MB+ as some people thought it would be. Here are some of the improvements:

Active Directory

* Addresses issues which could hinder or prevent binding Mac OS X 10.5.x clients to Active Directory domains.

AirPort

* Improves connection reliability and stability

* Includes 802.1X improvements.

* Resolves certain kernel panics.

Back to my Mac

* Adds support for more third-party routers, as detailed in this article.

Dashboard

* Improves performance of certain Apple Dashboard widgets (such as Dictionary).

* Addresses an issue in which Dashboard widgets may no longer be accessible after switching to or from an account that has Parental Controls enabled.

Dock

* Updates Stacks with a List view option, a Folder view option, and an updated background for Grid view.

Desktop

* Addresses legibility issues with the menu bar with an option to turn off transparency in Desktop & Screen Saver preferences.

* Adjusts menus to be slightly-less translucent overall.

iCal

* Improves iCal so that it accurately reflects responses to recurring meetings.

* Addresses an issue in which a meeting may remain on the calendar after being cancelled.

* Addresses stability issues related to .Mac syncing of iCal calendars.

* Resolves an intermittent issue in which editing an event with attendees would cause the event to shrink and not register that the event was updated.

iChat

* Addresses an issue with simultaneously-logged in accounts in which iChat sounds generated from one account might be heard in another account.

* Fixes an issue in which iChat idle time is affected by Time Machine backups.

* Improves connectivity when running iChat behind a router that doesn't preserve ports.

* Enables logged chats from previous versions of iChat to open faster and more reliably.

* Addresses an issue with text chats in which users may be unable to receive messages from the sender.

* Addresses an issue that may prevent rejoining an AIM chat room without reopening iChat.

* Addresses video chat compatibility issues with AIM 6 and third-party routers.

* Fixes an issue with case-sensitivity of AIM handles.

And much much more. Here is the more.

=========================================================

Be careful with this update, I installed it 5hrs ago and the only thing now I see in my computer, a grey screen, the black rectangle inside, with text: "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds, blah blah blah.

I have installed iATKOS 10.5.1, until this update worked perfectly. Machine Dell Inspiron 1720. I strongly recommend to everyone here: don't update your OS X. If I'll fix the kernel panic, I'll inform you people.

=========================================================

Be careful with this update, I installed it 5hrs ago and the only thing now I see in my computer, a grey screen, the black rectangle inside, with text: "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds, blah blah blah.

I have installed iATKOS 10.5.1, until this update worked perfectly. Machine Dell Inspiron 1720. I strongly recommend to everyone here: don't update your OS X. If I'll fix the kernel panic, I'll inform you people.

you're wrong ;)

What's so funny, my bank only accept IE and Netscape ;)

:P LOL indeed.

Damn, does your bank only allow connections with a 56k modem too? ;) 1994 forever!!!

Actually, macgirl, I was going to ask you if you've tested the final 10.5.2 update on your AMD rig yet? I remember you said that you tried out one of the betas on it and just needed to run Marvin's utility, so I'm curious about how the final would work for you.

Yes, I did CPUIDS and decrypted files on my Intel Lappy, and just half hour ago I applied the update and patches, but I noticed that I made a little mistake because if you apply the CPUIDs patches then run the Startup script it overwrites some of the already patched with CPUIDs files, so I edited the "CPUID" and "replace.sh" files to apply the patches in the InstallAtStartup folder also.

But to stay free of probs better run the CPUIDs again whe the automatic script finishes and reboots.

The only problem that I found is the Terminal I am getting this error: login: PAM Error (line 396): System error

Yes, I did CPUIDS and decrypted files on my Intel Lappy, and just half hour ago I applied the update and patches, but I noticed that I made a little mistake because if you apply the CPUIDs patches then run the Startup script it overwrites some of the already patched with CPUIDs files, so I edited the "CPUID" and "replace.sh" files to apply the patches in the InstallAtStartup folder also.

But to stay free of probs better run the CPUIDs again whe the automatic script finishes and reboots.

The only problem that I found is the Terminal I am getting this error: login: PAM Error (line 396): System error

That's good news. I hope I have the same luck when I try it out tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll be waiting for Zephyroth to come back to life and release Rev2 for us :o

Just updated, of course had to restore the hacked kernel. But something strange is going on, I'm using NVinject, and it takes ages before the screen appears, as in the screen goes black and it takes minutes before I actually see something again. Then I can logon as normally.

Any Idea ?

Also I use a modified applehda for sound support, this doens't work either, I get systemextions cannot be used, I did chown and chmod.

Success! I got it work finally. Except that the System profiler does not show hardware information and my CPU sown 3.8Ghz. But after replacing the AppleSMBIOS kext,everything fine.I also needed to install Nvinject (9C30) for my 8600GT. Now working like charm. Thanks for the guide :unsure:

I installed on AMD using Pacifist to extract package to temp folder, then run Marvin to generate CPUIDs, then change the paths in the cpuid.txt, run the std installer (follow netkas guide), using 10.5.1 kernel and System.kext, along with forcedeth, efi_v8, guid, nforcesata, ac97audio all working perfect

using modbins kernel, boot speed back to normal!!

also my volume control never remembers the setting after a reboot..... is there a way to fix that?

Just updated, of course had to restore the hacked kernel. But something strange is going on, I'm using NVinject, and it takes ages before the screen appears, as in the screen goes black and it takes minutes before I actually see something again. Then I can logon as normally.

Any Idea ?

Also I use a modified applehda for sound support, this doens't work either, I get systemextions cannot be used, I did chown and chmod.

I just finished a clean install 10.5 and apply 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 updates;

After several tryout, I found that using 10.5.1 toh hacked kernel with 10.5.2 will cause unusual long black screen before login.

Solutions are using original kernel along with dsmos.kext, that will resolve the black screen.

It jacked up my Toshiba.

My trackpad and keyboard dont work. The "notification" area is all jacked up. and To top it off the system profiler is not able to gather info correctly.

Hi,

I had this issue (keyboard and mouse not working) too, but I fixed it by restoring my old AppleACPIFamily.kext

All in all I had a successful upgrade. I'm using Toh 10.5 with EFI updated to 10.5.1 and now to 10.5.2

Had to put back a few of my modified kexts (IOPCIFamily.kext, AppleSMBIOS.kext, IO80211Family.kext, maybe a few others).

Does anybody know if I now miss out on the 802.X updates that were included with the 10.5.2 update, because I'm using an old IO80211Family.kext?

Everything looks like it's working now. I'm backing up my machine with Time Machine as we speak, before I'll get the Graphics Update. Wish me luck!

Hey All,

My Macbook Pro is wondering if it's touchpad is going to have same functions/features as Macbook Air do after 10.5.2 update.

Can anyone clarify that!?

Thanks,

Trance2007

Not unless you happened to somehow put a MBA touchpad on your MBP :)

So in other words no. Afaik the current touchpads will not ever support multi-touch, as I believe it is hardware & software updates rather than just software based.

~mac.nub

u guys should check out the time machine backup menu item... its the best menu item created by apple... it does it clock spinning with another set of arrow spinning on the outside when its doing its job... definitely gorgeous.... nice touch apple!

i managed to deleted my cpupowermanagement kext which stopped the kernel panic but instead in normal boot the timer thing just span and span and span forever, and in -v -s i had no errors but no keyboard..

so i reinstalled 10.5.1.. bit hesitant about trying again now!