[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Don't know if anyone has the same problem as me for the keyboard.

The "windows" key and "Alt" key are switched. " and @ keys are switched too, and also no | on the original key, but instead need to use shift+ hash key...and i can't seem to find my original hash key.

Also sometimes I am experiencing some lag, even while typing. My OpenGL benchmark scores seem fine though..

thanks.

Don't know if anyone has the same problem as me for the keyboard.

The "windows" key and "Alt" key are switched. " and @ keys are switched too, and also no | on the original key, but instead need to use shift+ hash key...and i can't seem to find my original hash key.

Also sometimes I am experiencing some lag, even while typing. My OpenGL benchmark scores seem fine though..

thanks.

Go to System Preferences -> International and check if you have the correct keyboard selected. Once after I had installed from Iatkos I had the Turkish keyboard....

Go to System Preferences -> International and check if you have the correct keyboard selected. Once after I had installed from Iatkos I had the Turkish keyboard....

To change the Windows and Alt keys you need to edit ApplePS2Keyboard.kexts Info.plist (/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard/Contents) and find the setting that says "Swap alt and Windows keys" and change the value below it to "<false/>". Or you can go into System Preferences and simply switch around the two modifier keys for Alt and Control. The typing lag could be from AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext being loaded. Check to see if it is loading and if it is, delete it.

Hi.

Pulling my hair out on this one now guys. I have swapped back my Dell 1395 wireless card and am getting the same issues that i had with teh Atheros AR5008 apple based card... I have been doing lots of homework here prior to submitting this post.

I have tried the following:

1. Running the bcm enabler script (to add all broadcom id's)

2. Performing the switch trick on the interface names

3. Removing and replacing the IO80211family.kext

4. Removing the interface plist

On startup i get the airport icon in the top right hand corner, it has lines through it but after a few second it turns to white and when highlighted says no card installed. I have seen lots of others getting this to work fine but i just don`t get why any of my cards will not work :blink:

I've installed iDeneb 1.3 with Kernel 4.2 on my M1530 but shutdown and restart don't work :/

All is good (except wifi).

There isn't a solution to get them to work.

Is there a way to instal the darwin bootloader without installing the whole iatkos/ideneb.

I have osx installed (boot-132) i only don't have the darwin bootloader

Go to the Chameleon website and download the installer. Do a google search for the website.

hi,

Got the wireless working, performed a complete re-install (think their were issues with the IO80211family.kext etc) and followed the instructions from the following link, check out M.Carlson`s post (many many thanks to him for that). Once done repaired permissions etc, rebooted and voila airport now on in networking prefs.

My outstanding issues are:

CPU speed in aboutthismac is now showing 1ghz not 1.83ghz

Audio still not working as yet.

Performance just seems a little more sluggish than the previous install, followed the same instructions as before so not sure why the difference.

Any advice appreciated, enjoy the rest of your xmas holidays all.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of ya'll esp. macgirl, wingunner and sonotone. After just a couple of weeks, i was able to make my system nearly perfect.

@wingunner- thank you so much for your tutorial and your vigilance on this forum, i know it can get frustrating, but thank you so much for helping anyway.

So far everything i check is working except the internal mic, the wired ethernet, and i am getting my dell1390 card in the mail.

I just had one last question: Does anyone know of a script or quick toggle that will let me toggle between headphones and internal speakers.

it seems with my sound (totally happy with it btw) i dont get the auto transfer from speakers to headphones.

any body got a toggle app>

I think this may actually be a brand new question instead of the usual audio, shutdown/restart, or wifi related inquiry. I'm having an issue with my webcam where it seems to lag terribly and can't be getting more than 10-15 FPS. Nobody else seems to have reported the issue, so I'm not sure if it's limited to my laptop or if its just that no one else has noticed.

What's most interesting is that if I boot up my XP VM and connect the webcam to that, it'll easily do 30 FPS and capture movement very fluidly, even without installing any drivers. Can anyone else confirm this behavior on their laptop and if they've fixed it, how so?

Is there a way to instal the darwin bootloader without installing the whole iatkos/ideneb.

I have osx installed (boot-132) i only don't have the darwin bootloader

Your in luck and the iATKOS team has saved you and all of us who need this feature.

I think its in iATKOS 3i and above.

put in the iATKOS 5i and hot F8. At the prompt type -v -s

Single user mode.

Once at the prompt type:

darwin

Answer the questions and know where you want the BSD drive usually 0 disk and then it will prompt for partition usually 2. Partition 0 and 1, I believe are part of the chameleon and efi boot sector, correct me if I am wrong.

After you do all that startupfiletool will automatically start. This is where you will find a bug. Its trying to execute "boot-efi" There is no boot-efi so you have to run the startupfiletool manually at the prompt.

startupfiletool /dev/rdisk0s2 /usr/standalone/i386/bootefi9

I don't remember if there is a switch between startupfiletool and /dev/rdisk0s2

I think its -v or -r? To see what the switch is suppose to be just type "startupfiletool" without the quotes and it will tell you the options and switches.

Let me know if this works.

It would be nice if we could find a boot 132 CD with this utility built on it. It would be very nice. Hint Hint :)

In my opinion there is a better solution to get the bootloader back if you don't have a working bootable 2nd drive. See my post a couple up from here.

Doesn't the Chameleon installer only work in GUI?

I just wanted to say thank you to all of ya'll esp. macgirl, wingunner and sonotone. After just a couple of weeks, i was able to make my system nearly perfect.

@wingunner- thank you so much for your tutorial and your vigilance on this forum, i know it can get frustrating, but thank you so much for helping anyway.

So far everything i check is working except the internal mic, the wired ethernet, and i am getting my dell1390 card in the mail.

I just had one last question: Does anyone know of a script or quick toggle that will let me toggle between headphones and internal speakers.

it seems with my sound (totally happy with it btw) i dont get the auto transfer from speakers to headphones.

any body got a toggle app>

I don't know of a script unless you get Automator to do this.

But check this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...142521&st=0

hi,

wow. Thanks to dnoyeb for his work (and of course time he spent for this) to post a whole tutorial. But actually it doesn't work for me. I tried the tutorial from the beginning but straight after the installation (after the first boot), the system crashes and i don't have any chances to get in to the system.

Is there a way to get in macOSX? Plz tell me :)

short infos: got a xps m1530 an iatkos 5i

I also tried to install iatkos 5i without checking any points but the same error came up. After the installation and the following first boot the system crashes. Any ideas?

muchas gracias

saludos

Hello!

Thanks for the answer. I don't know about "hard" shutdown on Dell notebooks. So, my question is:

Does hard shutdown make hurt on HDD or something else in notebook?

No, actually, the hard drive and cpu stop but the power does not go off if you do a shutdown from your mac installation. So when you press the button to switch it off nothing is harmed.

If you do a reboot from your mac installation, then the hard drive is not stopped. So I usually so not "reboot" from mac. I just shut it down

hi,

wow. Thanks to dnoyeb for his work (and of course time he spent for this) to post a whole tutorial. But actually it doesn't work for me. I tried the tutorial from the beginning but straight after the installation (after the first boot), the system crashes and i don't have any chances to get in to the system.

Is there a way to get in macOSX? Plz tell me :huh:

I also tried to install iatkos 5i without checking any points but the same error came up. After the installation and the following first boot the system crashes. Any ideas?

muchas gracias

saludos

We can help you if:

1. You tell us what error you are getting (in detail) and what options you chose while installing mac

2. The configuration of your system (put it in your signature)

Hello,

I have a dell vostro 1700 with, actually, osx leopard 10.5.5. with boot132. I would like to use leopard 10.5.6, so I installed pcefi v9. The problem is that the system boot, and it hangs after "wake kernel ! ". When I put the option " -v" or "-x", always the same problem.

Where is the problem?

Thank you very much.

@oSxFr33k

Ran your procedure (trying to get osx bootable after time machine restore) but when i type in the command startupfiletool -v /dev/rdisk0s2 /usr/standalone/i386/bootefi9 but i`m getting file system not cleanly unmounted.

Any ideas?

Also is their a specific procedure for restoring from time machine backups? If so could someone paste a link?

cheers,

@oSxFr33k

Ran your procedure (trying to get osx bootable after time machine restore) but when i type in the command startupfiletool -v /dev/rdisk0s2 /usr/standalone/i386/bootefi9 but i`m getting file system not cleanly unmounted.

Any ideas?

Also is their a specific procedure for restoring from time machine backups? If so could someone paste a link?

cheers,

Don't mount anything after your at the prompt then type "darwin" without the quotes. Did you mount the filesystem? Just run darwin

hi,

Is there a way to get in macOSX? Plz tell me :(

muchas gracias

saludos

My boss was having that issue and I watched him install and it ended up that he wasn't checking the "graphics update" option like I pointed out. Are you checking that one off?

also, any more info on the actual error when you say the system crashes? does it get past the grey screen with the apple?

only other thing I can think of is what setting do you have in the bios for the SATA mode?

I swapped out the stock wireless card for an official Apple 802.11n, i see this as an AR5008 in windows. My LSPCI output on these devices are as follows:

0c:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5418 802.11abgn Wireless PCI Express Adapter [168c:0024] (rev 01)

I tried getting that exact card to work many months ago. (XPS M1330) It just doesn't want to work.

SoundSource @ http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/

Here's a status update of what's working [or not] to my knowledge with 10.5.6 on an XPS M1330 w/ nVidia 8400M GS.

############# Working #############

Fingerprint reader

Webcam

Media keys

Bluetooth

Two-finger scrolling

Keyboard

Trackpad recognition

SATA support (AHCI)

Quartz Extreme/Core Image

HDMI out - monitor is automatically detected and enabled

VGA out - require manual detection of monitor

Sound (Headphones, Line Out)

Microphone (External)

CPU speed throttling (Speedstep)

Wireless (Dell 1505)

Optical Drive (HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-S10N) - burning support

USB 2.0

Firewire

Battery Status

Sleep

Chameleon w/ DSDT

############# Not Working #############

Microphone (Internal)

Onboard Ethernet (NetLink BCM5906M Fast Ethernet PCI Express)

SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro/xD Reader (Results in KPs after insertion of SD card, with appropriate kext)

Shutdown/Restart (Requires manual power-off, sometimes KPs)

I have updated it a bit. xpsm1330_nv8400m.v12.dsdt.aml.zip I am working on it a bit more, removed the EC stuff for now. It is for XPS M1330 only (and for nvidia card users only) a DSDT is a specific hardware map for the computer and as thus is specific to the machine. You might compare it and use parts of it on other machines.

I downloaded the DSDT file from your Nov 14th link. Is this the latest file? I found a link to it from another thread and have not read all 147 pages on this thread. Thanks in advance for your help.

@lofn Yeah i`ve swapped back to the Dell DW1395 and it`s working with the addition of <string>pci14e4,4315</string> in the file /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/info.plist

But i have a new issue :) If i leave the current IONetworking.kext and just do the changes to get the wireless working, time machine backups fail with `the backup volume could not be found`. If i replace the IONetworking.kext from 10.4.3 then the Time Machine backup starts to work fine but the wireless completely stops. Swings and roundabouts, i`m sure someone has been in this position before, any ideas guys?

cheers,

hi dnoyeb,

yes. i actually did all you wrote in your article on page 143 (i guess). i also did check this graphics-update. after restarting the system this greyscreen came up and told me that i need to restart the system by pressing the on/off-key for a few seconds. after restarting the same happend again. therefore I reinstalled the whole iatkos 5i again with nothing checked except the mainsystem. when restarting after that the computer tries to load macOSX but after I spent 10 minutes of waiting-time (and nothing happend) I decided to turn off the system. in bios I have ATA not AHCI and Flash Cache Module turned off. but I guess that I tried to install with flash-cache module and AHCI turned on, too.

but i will try it again now, with both methods (ata and if it's not working then ahci). But if you have any more ideas don't hesitate to write it down here ;) hehe.

thanxxx a lot for your help. appreciate it.

I've been trying to get iATKOS 5i to work on my Inspiron 1420... first problem I had was no graphics/black screen... because of the X3100 card, deleted those kexts (GMA950s, GMAX3100s, IntelIntegratedFrameBuffer) before install reboot, now graphics is back. But now its missing keyboard/mouse... even if I use an external USB keyboard/mouse, it doesn't work. Booting up -v -s means no keyboard either. Any ideas? ;)