[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Has anybody had any luck installing iATKOS 5i on a Vostro 1400? I tried installing it with the default settings (including using EFI v9), however on the first boot after installation it doesn't move past the screen with the Apple logo, and there is a cross/"no smoking" sign over it (see below). This occurs when the SATA configuration is set to ACPI:

When I change the SATA configuration to ATA, the laptop doesn't get past this screen either. However the "no smoking sign" does NOT appear over the Apple logo when I do this.

Any suggestions?

1. The SATA options are AHCI and ATA. From what you say you have tried ATA.

2. Try booting in the verbose mode. How?: When the bootlist comes up (to get the boot list press any key when it says booting into Mac) type in -v in the "boot:" option and hit enter. You will see a lot of prints on the screen. Take note of anything which comes in yellow or where it gets stuck. Or simply take a picture and post it.

Hi guys!

I Had successfully updated to 10.5.6 but since then, the performance of my Hackintosh is... lame, poor. It used to work like a charm with 10.5.5 but now, it just does not (THE XBENCH score is now 91 when it used to be up to 120)

Is this the same with you guys?

Thanks for all the support by the way :)

Dell XPS M1530......................................................... Dell TruMobile 1490 (Airport)

Intel Core 2 Extreme x9000 (2.8 GHz 3M L2 800MHz FSB).... Intel HDA / Sigmatel 9228

4096 MB RAM 667 MHz............................................... Marvell Yukon 88E8040 (not working)

256 MB NVIDIA GForce 8600M GT with VGA AND HDMI OUT, QUARTZ EXTREME................................ Bluetooth Working :)

160 GiB 7200 rpm HDd........................................................ OS: Mac OS X 10.5.6 (Vanilla 9.6.0)

Try geekbench and post the score... sometimes Xbench refuses to recognize duo cores. And remove AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext . You should bench around 3200 in GeekBench.

1. The SATA options are AHCI and ATA. From what you say you have tried ATA.

2. Try booting in the verbose mode. How?: When the bootlist comes up (to get the boot list press any key when it says booting into Mac) type in -v in the "boot:" option and hit enter. You will see a lot of prints on the screen. Take note of anything which comes in yellow or where it gets stuck. Or simply take a picture and post it.

Yes, sorry for the misnomer. Here are the verbose outputs for AHCI-enabled and ATA-enabled modes:

AHCI: http://i44.tinypic.com/5l1nrm.jpg

ATA: http://i39.tinypic.com/w0kn61.jpg

Thanks!

Nicholaslee, what build are you running? what version, etc... what options have you got installed?

Dnoyeb,

Thanks for your reply. I believed I fixed the panic issue after sleep by replacing the AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

Though my xbench score is cut in half after sleep still, do you have this problem?

Also, do you have speedstep working or your laptop?

Thanks

My Specs: Laptop: Dell XPS m1530 CPU: T9300 @ 2.5ghz Video: GeForce 8600GT 256 Ram: 4gb Sound: Sigmatel 9228 (No Mute) Wireless: Dell Wireless G Build: iAtkos 5.i - Updated to 10.5.6 Kernel: 9.6 Vanilla

QUOTE(dnoyeb @ Jan 3 2009, 11:44 PM) *

Nicholaslee, what build are you running? what version, etc... what options have you got installed?

Dnoyeb,

I fixed my panic issue by replacing the AppleACPIPlatform.kext with an older one.

My benchmark score is cut in half after sleep, anyone know how to fix this?

My Specs: Laptop: Dell XPS m1530 CPU: T9300 @ 2.5ghz Video: GeForce 8600GT 256 Ram: 4gb Sound: Sigmatel 9228 (No Mute) Wireless: Dell Wireless G Build: iAtkos 5.i - Updated to 10.5.6 Kernel: 9.6 Vanilla

Dnoyeb,

For the sound use this (by Urthwhyte).... everything works other than internal mic.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1025143

Yes, sorry for the misnomer. Here are the verbose outputs for AHCI-enabled and ATA-enabled modes:

AHCI: http://i44.tinypic.com/5l1nrm.jpg

ATA: http://i39.tinypic.com/w0kn61.jpg

Thanks!

ATA is the mode that you have to boot in. It seems that there is a problem with your AppleACPIPlatform.kext . Did you choose any special options when you installed Iatkos v5i (if I remember correctly). Let me know what options you chose during installation if you remember them.

Try to boot with -s (single user mode). If you can then we can think of a fix other than reinstallation.

Have you made any other modifications to the BIOS other than the change from AHCI to ATA and disabling FCM??

Hello,

I've installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my XPS 1530 and it works fine, but I just can use the touchpad for move the mouse and not for clicking and scrolling, can somebody help me ??

It's installed in the dual boot mode with windows XP.

You need this driver, which is attached below.

For more details look here: Alps Trackpad

All you need to do is install the driver and copy the files to the right places. I don't think you need to set startup items. I haven't done it. Neither do you have to tweak the ffscroll.

ALPS_Glidepad_Driver.pkg.zip

ATA is the mode that you have to boot in. It seems that there is a problem with your AppleACPIPlatform.kext . Did you choose any special options when you installed Iatkos v5i (if I remember correctly). Let me know what options you chose during installation if you remember them.

Try to boot with -s (single user mode). If you can then we can think of a fix other than reinstallation.

Have you made any other modifications to the BIOS other than the change from AHCI to ATA and disabling FCM??

When I installed iATKOS 5i, I only used the default installation options (no customization). In the BIOS, I haven't changed anything other than the SATA boot setting and disabling the Flash Cache Module.

I'm able to boot to single-user mode with the ":/ root#" prompt. The laptop keyboard doesn't work at all on this screen (not sure if this matters), but my external USB keyboard works. Suggestions?

When I installed iATKOS 5i, I only used the default installation options (no customization). In the BIOS, I haven't changed anything other than the SATA boot setting and disabling the Flash Cache Module.

I'm able to boot to single-user mode with the ":/ root#" prompt. The laptop keyboard doesn't work at all on this screen (not sure if this matters), but my external USB keyboard works. Suggestions?

Yes, it is a problem that the keyboard is not working on this screen but we can think of that later. Iatkos v5i seems to have a major keyboard problem.

I think the problem is arising from the video drivers. What video driver option did you choose? Was it NVinject?

If you don't remember do this as a single user

/sbin/mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions/

ls NV*

and post the output.

You need this driver, which is attached below.

For more details look here: Alps Trackpad

All you need to do is install the driver and copy the files to the right places. I don't think you need to set startup items. I haven't done it. Neither do you have to tweak the ffscroll.

Thank you very much I'll try this!!

okay i have iAtkos 5i on a dell 1525 it all works good but my only problem is that the fans from CPU ain't starting all the time...sometimes they do sometimes they don't ...sometimes it's getting to hot ans it's frustrating ..and when i swap to windows all the fans start like it is too hot the notebook..so my question is why on earth i have this Hot CPU problem although i disabled the hot cpu kext from install dvd ?

can someone help me ?

Hey Everyone,

I have been lurking in here ever since I got my m1530. I installed iAtkos 5i and I have everything working (I purchased the wifi card macgirl suggests and it works flawlessly, as well as the usb ethernet apple adapter). The only problem I have is with my USB --> Ethernet Adapter from Apple. I bought it at best buy, and it works for the most part. The problem is that I only get like 2mbit speed with it. Even on my local 100mbit LAN, when I transfer between my PC's i get like 750kbytes/second. It is rather frustrating b/c it takes hours to transfer anything of substance (ie. movies). I tried searching for this issue on all of the forums, but I'm not having much luck (although I might be searching with poor parameters).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

In Network Utility does it report the connection as 100 mb/s?

Yes, I have attached a screenshot of Network Utility. Also, I forgot about this in my first post, I get an error with one of the USB kext's everytime I boot (says something about the kext not being installed properly). I am not sure what started the error, I think it was when I tried to add a device ID or something, but since everything has been working (for the most part) I have ignored it until now. I'll reboot and write down the error to post here.

Thanks for the fast reply!

EDIT: I attached a picture of the error. Thanks again!

post-158377-1231252146_thumb.png

post-158377-1231252717_thumb.png

Yes, I have attached a screenshot of Network Utility. Also, I forgot about this in my first post, I get an error with one of the USB kext's everytime I boot (says something about the kext not being installed properly). I am not sure what started the error, I think it was when I tried to add a device ID or something, but since everything has been working (for the most part) I have ignored it until now. I'll reboot and write down the error to post here.

Thanks for the fast reply!

EDIT: I attached a picture of the error. Thanks again!

My Guess is that even though the LAN connection is at a full 100mbit, your usb/ethernet adaptor is only connecting at USB1 speed rather than USB2. This makes a massive difference. I had this problem initially, and it is caused ny mismatched kext files. THere have been many posts on here regarding that problem, so take a look.

Andy.

EHCI is your high speed USB kext. If you have installed EHCISleepEnabler then it is possible you edited the Info.plist in that kext incorrectly. Re-read Superhai's directions on that regard. When that kext loads properly you should see full USB 2.0 again and your connection speeds will probably improve. Also check Console.app. It is possible you are getting a dependency error regarding AppleUSBEHCI.kext.

okay i have iAtkos 5i on a dell 1525 it all works good but my only problem is that the fans from CPU ain't starting all the time...sometimes they do sometimes they don't ...sometimes it's getting to hot ans it's frustrating ..and when i swap to windows all the fans start like it is too hot the notebook..so my question is why on earth i have this Hot CPU problem although i disabled the hot cpu kext from install dvd ?

can someone help me ?

Probably you shouldn't have deleted the the thermal "hot CPU" kext from the installation.

Secondly, try deleting the kext called AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext from the Extensions folder

Anybody here that has followed the "dnoyeb" install method on a XPS m1530 and has SLEEP causing a shutdown and immediate reboot and not a sleep at all?

Help appreciated.

Jim

As mentioned a few posts above, have you installed the EHCISleepEnabler.kext made by Superhai and then made the correct edits suggested by him to the AppleUSBEHCI ?

Yes, it is a problem that the keyboard is not working on this screen but we can think of that later. Iatkos v5i seems to have a major keyboard problem.

I think the problem is arising from the video drivers. What video driver option did you choose? Was it NVinject?

Bingo! I did not select any video drivers when I previously installed iATKOS, so I reformatted and reinstalled using NVInject. The OS now boots successfully...thanks for the help!

Now it's a matter of getting the integrated keyboard and ethernet/wifi working. I assume I also need a patch so I can revert to booting with AHCI (I'm dual booting with Windows XP)? I'll start researching what kexts to use and how to install them (this is my first time using any Mac OS so I'm pretty clueless on this stuff). If anyone could link to working kexts for these things for the Vostro 1400 I'd really appreciate it!

Bingo! I did not select any video drivers when I previously installed iATKOS, so I reformatted and reinstalled using NVInject. The OS now boots successfully...thanks for the help!

Now it's a matter of getting the integrated keyboard and ethernet/wifi working. I assume I also need a patch so I can revert to booting with AHCI (I'm dual booting with Windows XP)? I'll start researching what kexts to use and how to install them (this is my first time using any Mac OS so I'm pretty clueless on this stuff). If anyone could link to working kexts for these things for the Vostro 1400 I'd really appreciate it!

Sometimes the AHCI gets fixed automagically. Just try to reboot in the AHCI mode and see if it works. If it doesn't then read the instructions in wingrunr21's guide. You can find the link in his signature 4 or 5 posts above.

For a complete guide to video try this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=930144

For the keyboard and trackpad: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=41025

Install these kexts and you should be fine

For two finger scroll check this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=633681

For wifi: You need a Dell truemobile (or some wifi card with a bcm 4311/4312 chip) and it should work out of the box. Otherwise look for Sonotone's post installer. You should find the link on the first post of this thread (macgirl's).

Anyone have speedstep working on the m1530 with 10.5.6?

or The intel T9300 processor recognized under about this mac?

Anybody here that has followed the "dnoyeb" install method on a XPS m1530 and has SLEEP causing a shutdown and immediate reboot and not a sleep at all?

Help appreciated.

Jim

I did have this problem with iaktos version. Try installing these kext attached, and then install EHISleepenabler from superhai.

Help appreciated.

Jim

I did have this problem with iaktos version. Try installing these kext attached, and then install EHISleepenabler from superhai.

Help appreciated.

Jim

I had this problem with iaktos. Install the kexts attached and then install EHISleepEnabler from superhai.

USB_for_10.5.6.zip

USB_for_10.5.6.zip

Anyone have speedstep working on the m1530 with 10.5.6?

or The intel T9300 processor recognized under about this mac?

Try using Superhai's GenericCPUPowerManagement.kext for speedstep. It gives me 4 hrs of battery life with a 9 cell.

The processor is recognized in the detailed system profiler

Try using Superhai's GenericCPUPowerManagement.kext for speedstep. It gives me 4 hrs of battery life with a 9 cell.

The processor is recognized in the detailed system profiler

I have the 9 cell also. I believe we have the exact same specs. I tried GenericCPUPowerManagement, keep getting kernel panics before I even see the desktop. I have tried voodoopower and XNU intelenhancedspeedstep too. All get kernel panics.

When you put your laptop to sleep, after you wake, is you benchmark score cut in half?

System Specs: Dell M1530 - Intel T9300 2.5GHz - 4GB Memory - 9 Cell Battery - 500 GB Hard Drive

Installed: iaktos 5i - Updated to 10.5.6 from Apple - 9.5 vanilla Kernel - Dell Installer v1.4

Not working: Mute - Speedstep - Shutdown - VGA out

Try using Superhai's GenericCPUPowerManagement.kext for speedstep.

That kext is deprecated. I didn't find this out until the other day. His new one is called voodoopower.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...t=0&start=0

I have the 9 cell also. I believe we have the exact same specs. I tried GenericCPUPowerManagement, keep getting kernel panics before I even see the desktop. I have tried voodoopower and XNU intelenhancedspeedstep too. All get kernel panics.

When you put your laptop to sleep, after you wake, is you benchmark score cut in half?

System Specs: Dell M1530 - Intel T9300 2.5GHz - 4GB Memory - 9 Cell Battery - 500 GB Hard Drive

Installed: iaktos 5i - Updated to 10.5.6 from Apple - 9.5 vanilla Kernel - Dell Installer v1.4

Not working: Mute - Speedstep - Shutdown - VGA out

If you have an M1530 virtually all of your audio should work without issue. Check out talisman's thread about that here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=142521

VGA out has already been fixed as well. talisman posted his nvinject here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=998894

What kernel panic do you get when you load the speedstep kext? Try booting into Singler User Mode (use -s at the Chameleon prompt) and load the kext from there. You will have to go to the appropriate thread for the different kexts to get troubleshooting help on kernel panics. Your system log will also have more information (in Console.app or using sudo dmesg from a command line).

Hello,

I have installed the AppleHDA.kext from macgirl and deleted AppleAzalia.kext but there is no sound on my XPS 1530, what could I do to make it work? Another Problem is that I can not Restart or Shut down my Lapdown. If I Shut down or Restart the System shuts down but the Hardisk is still running and I have a black display. If I take Sleep the System restarts, how can I repair this?