[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have installed the AppleHDA.kext from macgirl and deleted AppleAzalia.kext but there is no sound on my XPS 1530, what could I do to make it work? Another Problem is that I can not Restart or Shut down my Lapdown. If I Shut down or Restart the System shuts down but the Hardisk is still running and I have a black display. If I take Sleep the System restarts, how can I repair this?

Try this AppleHDA.kext and the HDAEnabler.kext that is in the first post of that thread.

That kext is deprecated. I didn't find this out until the other day. His new one is called voodoopower.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...t=0&start=0

If you have an M1530 virtually all of your audio should work without issue. Check out talisman's thread about that here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=142521

VGA out has already been fixed as well. talisman posted his nvinject here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=998894

What kernel panic do you get when you load the speedstep kext? Try booting into Singler User Mode (use -s at the Chameleon prompt) and load the kext from there. You will have to go to the appropriate thread for the different kexts to get troubleshooting help on kernel panics. Your system log will also have more information (in Console.app or using sudo dmesg from a command line).

Thanks for your help! I have my sound working with mute and headphone autoswitching now. The applehda.kext posted under stable kext made my system unbootable though. (used a different one with only one headphone port working)

I used talismans nvcap and still can't get vga out. I installed the graphics update when i installed iaktos 5i. Could that cause it not to work?

Also, I can't boot into single user mode. It Hangs after trying to load firewire.

Thanks again.

I have the 9 cell also. I believe we have the exact same specs. I tried GenericCPUPowerManagement, keep getting kernel panics before I even see the desktop. I have tried voodoopower and XNU intelenhancedspeedstep too. All get kernel panics.

When you put your laptop to sleep, after you wake, is you benchmark score cut in half?

System Specs: Dell M1530 - Intel T9300 2.5GHz - 4GB Memory - 9 Cell Battery - 500 GB Hard Drive

Installed: iaktos 5i - Updated to 10.5.6 from Apple - 9.5 vanilla Kernel - Dell Installer v1.4

Not working: Mute - Speedstep - Shutdown - VGA out

I am using the GPCM which was on Superhai's site a few weeks back. I did not care to load the voodoo PM as I did not see an update for that in his original thread. I have no idea why he scrapped the GPCM. It worked wonderfully. I am uploading it. Try it. Make sure you delete AppleCPM.

How come you have Kernel version 9.5 when you should have 9.6.0 ? I had the same problem when I tried updating from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5, I was stuck on the old kernel. The way out is to update again. Don't know why!!

GenericCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

Try this AppleHDA.kext and the HDAEnabler.kext that is in the first post of that thread.

Thank you very much wingrun21 the sound is working perfektly with HDAenabler.kext!

Do you also have a solution for the Shut down problem I have described in my last post? And I have another problem sometimes USB works not, if I insert my usb stick I doesn't see it in the finder

Solution for shutdown problem: press power button for more than 5 seconds

I love your fix.....!!! :)

Now I did try the VoodooPower kext and it did the magic. It works perfectly. To get the app working you have to download the new app from superhai's site which is still called the GCPMControl

I still get 4 hours with a 9 cell.

Benching: ~3200 with geekbench, 1600-120 with OpenGL viewer

I don't trust Xbench as it does not recognize a duo core all the time.

Thank you very much wingrun21 the sound is working perfektly with HDAenabler.kext!

Do you also have a solution for the Shut down problem I have described in my last post? And I have another problem sometimes USB works not, if I insert my usb stick I doesn't see it in the finder

Open a terminal and type

kextstat | grep USB

do this after a fresh reboot before putting in any usb drive, and then do this again after you put in your usb drive.

Post the output here

Ok. I've tried talismans nvcap settings, and macgirls NVinject that she just posted. I still can't get vga out working in 10.5.6. Causes black screen when I select detect displays.

I don't have any idea what could be causing this. Is is there a way to uninstall the graphics update that I installed with iaktos 5i?

If you getting black screen when detect displays maybe you have "mirror displays" ON

Since you cna set it OFF becaus it only appears when boths displays are working delete any

/Users/your_username_of_course/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.preference.displays*

reboot and try again.

If you getting black screen when detect displays maybe you have "mirror displays" ON

Since you cna set it OFF becaus it only appears when boths displays are working delete any

/Users/your_username_of_course/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.preference.displays*

reboot and try again.

I didn't have that file. I just removed my nvinject completely, removed extentions cache, repaired permissions, and my graphics are still the same. Nothing changed. Does this mean i'm using EFI strings? how do i get rid of this and use the NVinjector?

NVinject overrides EFI strings, so if you are using them does not matter.

O ok, well for some reason injectors didn't work for me. Finally figured out how to use EFi strings and used talismans nvcap with EFI.

Now my hdmi and vga out work great on my M1530 with 8600m gt! Thanks you guys! and Girl! ha

For those of you using efi strings with the Dell M1530 with 8600M GT. I have attached the hex modified with talismans NVCAP settings, open it with EFIStudio and write to com.apple.boot.plist. This will allow VGA and HDMI out. Hope this saves some ppl from having to go through the trouble I did.

talismans.hex.zip

O ok, well for some reason injectors didn't work for me. Finally figured out how to use EFi strings and used talismans nvcap with EFI.

Now my hdmi and vga out work great on my M1530 with 8600m gt! Thanks you guys! and Girl! ha

For those of you using efi strings with the Dell M1530 with 8600M GT. I have attached the hex modified with talismans NVCAP settings, open it with EFIStudio and write to com.apple.boot.plist. This will allow VGA and HDMI out. Hope this saves some ppl from having to go through the trouble I did.

Umm... I don't want to be the sore thumb..... but you don't seem to have attached anything...

My geekbench score is 3400 after startup, then after waking from sleep it's 1800. Anyone have this problem?.. or have an idea of what could cause this?

I have a feeling that whatever is causing this, is also causing my kernel panics (Also only happen after sleep), and is preventing speedstep from working.

I did have this problem with iaktos version. Try installing these kext attached, and then install EHISleepenabler from superhai.

I did have this problem with iaktos version. Try installing these kext attached, and then install EHISleepenabler from superhai.

I had this problem with iaktos. Install the kexts attached and then install EHISleepEnabler from superhai.

Hi Nicholaslee,

Thanks for the tip. It now sleeps correctly after installing your 10.5.6 USB kexts and then installing EHISleepenabler from superha.

Is there any problem leaving the laptop in sleep modes for long periods - as that now works and shutdown doesn't I might just use it all the time now.

Cheers, Jim

Jim Fish,

I put my computer to sleep all the time, and restarted maybe once, or twice a week before I upgraded to 10.5.6.

But now, since I have upgraded to 10.5.6, after sleep my system eventually will get a kernel panic for some reason.

Putting your computer to sleep all the time doesn't hurt, just drains your battery a little.

Can you do a benchmark test on your system for me? and tell me the results Before and after sleep?

Thanks!

Hi to all!

I have Dell media remote and I use it with Front Row.

But Dell media remote don't have button 'Esc'. In Front Row I can go to the previous menu with 'Esc'.

Well, there is button Backspace on Remote (button #4, see image). One thing that we need - remap FrontRow and add alias 'Backspace = Esc'.

How we can do it? I go to the System preferences, Keyboard shortcuts. Add shortcut for the FrontRow. (see screenshot in attachment)

so, the question is: where I can see name of frontrow's actions? Name of frontrow's menu item, that allows go to the previous level?

64925255ja2.pngexpresscardremoterf2.jpg

I have application 'Butler', but it also needs names of actions for the mapping.

For the keyboard and trackpad: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=41025

Install these kexts and you should be fine

I installed the kexts using Kext Helper, and the keyboard now works fine. However, the trackpad does not function correctly...it does't matter what direction I move my finger on the trackpad, the mouse pointer always moves to the upper left hand of the screen and constantly pops up the context menu (as if I had right-clicked). Is there another kext that should work with the Vostro 1400 trackpad?

Thanks again, really appreciate your help!

Thanks for all the hard work here :)

I got my audio back, need first to plug in both headphones out the headphone but after this all is working fine and also the internal microphone so I can use skype again.

I used the last kenel here

DELL inspiron 1525

3 GB Ram

dual core 2Ghz

JAdamz,

Try installing these kexts I have attached. For me, Trackpad works fine before and after sleep, with tap to click.

I have dell m1530 with 10.5.6.

Perfect, both keyboard and trackpad work great now. Thanks!