[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

dell E6500 touchpad , sleep/wake

got an E6500,... 10.5.5 running, with 160M qe/qc ,

need some help with dualpoint,... touchpad,

touchpad only works after hibernate, wake ...over a minute extra,

also external vga is not working , aka dual display

and sleep don't work

need some help,... alps drivers, currently only uses ps2 mouse kext,

newsflash: xps 13 and 16 should be on the way,...

@ eski: Hi, i am trying to find the easiest way to boot osx- and right now i have the Iaktos v4i on a bootdisk. I haven't started trying to boot yet, but i was wondering if you thought that the Iaktos v5i was an easier install for you than the 4i version?

Does the video card work completly out of the box without patch in the Iaktos 5i version? (with core image and quartz extreme enabled?)

Also could you link me to the patches you used? i really want to get this to work on my m1330 but i am really new at this stuff.

i am also wondering if the other devices built into the m1330 work without patch:

webcam?

microphone?

restart or shutdown functions?

battery indicator?

Also did you have to use speedstep to get the sleep to work?

If you dont mind it would be great if you could fill me in on these topics

device:

m1330: nvidia 8400m GS, core2duo, intel {censored} wireless, sigmatel sound,

thanks so much

First of all you need Iatkos 5i (Leopard 10.5.5)

For sound find and download the file AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16

unzip (dont need run this just unzip)

Go to http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=64837

and copy the CODE (Codec: SigmaTel STAC922...)

Save as file SigmaTel STAC9228.txt

Just drag and drop file SigmaTel STAC9228.txt to AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16

That's it, card detected..

webcam yes (OOTB)

microphone yes

restart or shutdown functions there is a patch OHR on iatkos 5i

battery indicator? yes (DVD->Customize->System->Laptop Battery

speedstep yes (DVD->Customize->System->Speedstep->Intel Speedstep :(

Nvidia yes (DVD->Customize->Drivers-VGA->nVidia Laptop)

if you want to enabled quartz extreme download OSX86Tools

and ebable from it.

I hope to help u..

First of all you need Iatkos 5i (Leopard 10.5.5)

webcam yes (OOTB)

Can somebody confirms me that the webcam does not work in iMovie please?

restart or shutdown functions there is a patch OHR on iatkos 5i

Have you tried with your Dell laptop? I'm sure it doesn't....

speedstep yes (DVD->Customize->System->Speedstep->Intel Speedstep :angel:

I use the Superhai one which i think is more responding.

Anyway, the Mercurysquad one is good also, you need to try both to see...

if you want to enabled quartz extreme download OSX86Tools

and ebable from it.

Oh My God, don't say that!!!!... ;)

I tried it and that is what gave me screen freeze so don't use it.

My screen was not usable for some minutes and i thought it was an hardware problem...

I would not recommended to use it...

Regards,

Overshoot,

Webcam works out of the box in Photobooth, I Don't have iLife'08 to test with iMovie. Lemme know where to get iLife'08 and i will test it for you.

Shutdown/Restart : doesn't work with Dell laptop .. infact after activating Nvidia Graphics card, shutdown / restart doesn't work on most of the laptops.

Speedstep : have not tested yet, but what do you need it for ?

Enable QE: works perfectly with OSX86Tools, That's the only way to enable it with easy GUI option. If you are having some trouble there than it may be b'coz of some other things, not b'coz of using OSX86Tools

Overshoot,

Webcam works out of the box in Photobooth, I Don't have iLife'08 to test with iMovie. Lemme know where to get iLife'08 and i will test it for you.

I know that it works in Photobooth, but i wanna use it as a camera for vids.

About finding the iLife08 Suite, you must ... :thumbsup_anim: you know what i mean...

Shutdown/Restart : doesn't work with Dell laptop .. infact after activating Nvidia Graphics card, shutdown / restart doesn't work on most of the laptops.

I know that, that's why i was suprised "eski" told the other guy to use the patch in iatkos v5, i thought i wasn't working so...

Speedstep : have not tested yet, but what do you need it for ?

What a bad english i speak, sorry english guys...

Edit :I need it for gaining a longger battery time, i use the Superhai one on my Xps1530 and it works like a charm. I was just saying that 2 kexts for managing the cpu exists...

Enable QE: works perfectly with OSX86Tools, That's the only way to enable it with easy GUI option. If you are having some trouble there than it may be b'coz of some other things, not b'coz of using OSX86Tools

I confirmed that enabling Quatrz extreme put my Nvidia 8600m Gt into an unstable state. I don't say that Osx86tools do not activate it, i just say activating this feature was not a good thing for my video card. In fact, i had big problems while browsing some kind of web page with flash movies, etc... especially when i was moving up/down the web page in Firefox. That's what i encountered.

Please, can someone confirms me that the integrated Dell Webcam does not work in iMovie08?

Thanks a lot.

To activate QE/QGL use Quartz Debug found in the Xcode package. Install Xcode and then look for Quartz Debug. Start the app and select "activate QE" and "activate QGL" from the tools menu. DO NOT close the app. FORCE QUIT it from the apple menu or else the settings will be reset. I have 8600M GT with full QE/CI/QGL and very stable.

Any word on battery life with the update Superhai throttling kext? Currently only getting around 2 hours to 2 hours and 10 minutes from 100%-0% which doesn't work out all to great in my three hour classes. I also have a battery meter that dissapears every other reboot, using vanilla PM.bundle and the battery kext from Sonotone's 1.3.1 installer on iDeneb 10.5.5

All,

After a goggling and going through a lot of forum topics specifically for Network drivers for Intel Wireless 3945 abg / 4965 agn and Marvell Yukon 88E8040 Ethernet cards, it appears that there are no working drivers for the mentioned network devices.

Obviously your hackintosh would not be able to connect to the rest of the world without having network devices working. So either you can go and buy some wireless USB adaptor and configure accordingly as most of the guys suggested here in this forum or everywhere.

Secondly, here is what I am going to suggest. This is a work around until we don't have working drivers.

1) Use the virtual machine from VMware. VMWare Fusion 2.0 is designed for Leopard to run multiple OS's. After installing the VMWare fusion, create a virtual machine of your own favourite OS (windows XP / Vista / Ubuntu). The beauty of VMware fusion is that you can directly connect a physical Hardware / device directly to Virtual Machine and by pass the host machine. You can than install related windows drivers for networking devices and can directly access internet in Virtual machine by connecting to wired or wireless network.

2) Optionally, VMware also provides the functionality to run a virtual machine in Unity mode keeping both OS (window, Leopard) running simultaneously with windows in seem less mode. You can open Internet Explorer from Applications menu in virtual machine and stat browsing.

3) To make your experience more sophisticated with Leopard looks, download Safari for Windows in your XP virtual machine and use it instead IE.

4) You can also connect any device (e.g. Phone Modem etc) and install its windows based drivers to use Dial-Up internet connection using your phone. (Most unlikely you would not be able to find your phone modem drivers written for Leopard)

Limitations: Though you would be able to browse internet using the above said approach which is far better than not having internet connection at all, however there is a limitation that you would not be able to directly connect to internet form Leopard host machine. This means that you cannot use certain MAC application which uses internet (e.g. iChat or any other internet based MAC games)

I hope this may help to someone.

Thanks for reading...!!!

how did you get vmware to recognize the intel N wireless card (4965 agn) ? I installed vmware and then XP SP3, tried to install the drivers for this card, but it didn't work.

it would be cool to have OS X using a connection through wireless card, and then have XP SP3 connected through a different one (since I have 2 wireless cards, I should be able to connect to 2 internet connections, right? (given your method really works). Please explain this to me

With Chrysaor's NVCAP value (04000000 00000100 06000000 00000000 00000000) I get the following:

1. QE/CI/QGL is fully supported and hardware accelerated in extended mode.

2. In mirror mode, the laptop display shuts off (I can see the mouse pointer only) and I get display on the external monitor only.

3. In mirror mode, QE is not supported in the laptop display, but is supported in the external monitor.

Can someone please confirm that this is what I am supposed to get or am I making a mistake somewhere.

I am using Nvinject 0.2.1 (not the Go version) and the laptop display is 1440x900 and the monitor can support up to 1280x*

I want to instal iAtkos 5i but wen installed OSx just won't start (it shows the locked (/) symbol)

so please can anyone tell me how i get iAtkos 5i working on my M1530

I know it must work, iDeneb worked perfectly i only just want to be sure my osx get's no problem with updates.

This is wat i selected by instal:

[x] iATKOS v5i Main System

[x] Bootloader

-> [x] PC EFI V9 (i do not have bought a efi usb stick or something is this nessesary?)

-> [ ] Chameleon

[x] X86 Patches

-> [x] Decryters

--->[x] AppleDecrypt

--->[ ] dsmos

-> [x] SMBIOS

--->[x] SMBIOS Enablers

------> [ ] SMBIOS EFI (also tried this one 2nd time instead of the other)

------> [x] SMBIOS EFI AIR

------> [ ] SMBIOS Resolver

------> [ ] SMBIOS Enabler

--->[ ] SMBIOS X86

-> [ ] Kernel

---> [ ] 9.5.0 Kernel voodoo

---> [ ] 9.5.0 Kernel fassl

---> [ ] 9.2.0 Kernel ToH

-> [ ] ACPI

---> [ ]Stock ACPI Modified

---> [ ] X86 ACPI

---> [ ] ACPIC driver

-> [x] Disabler.kext

-> [ ] Remove PowerManagement.kext

-> [ ] PS/2 (i use bluetooth so don't need this)

-> [x] OHR (maybe will it fix the shutdown, i hope, but i already know it wont)

-> [ ] Remove Thermal kext

[x] Drivers

-> [x] VGA

---> [ ] Graphics Update

---> [ ] Natit Universal

---> [x] nVidia

------> [ ] NV kush

------> [ ] Natit

------> [ ] Titan

------> [ ] NVinject (also tried this one 2nd time instead of the other)

------> [ ] nVidia Laptop

------> [ ] Remove NVDAResman,kext

------> [x] EFI Strings for nVidia --> [x] 8600 GT 256mb

---> [ ] ATI

---> [ ] Intel

---> [ ] AGPGart

-> [x] System

---> [ ] SATA/IDE

------> [ ] Intel SATA

------> [ ] Intel AHCI SATA

------> [ ] JMicron

------> [ ] nForce SATA

------> [ ] VIAATA

---> [ ] Speedstep

---> [x] Laptop Battery

---> [ ] ext2fs

---> [ ] NTFS-3G

-> [ ] Network

With Chrysaor's NVCAP value (04000000 00000100 06000000 00000000 00000000) I get the following:

2. In mirror mode, the laptop display shuts off (I can see the mouse pointer only) and I get display on the external monitor only.

3. In mirror mode, QE is not supported in the laptop display, but is supported in the external monitor.

Can someone please confirm that this is what I am supposed to get or am I making a mistake somewhere.

I am using Nvinject 0.2.1 (not the Go version) and the laptop display is 1440x900 and the monitor can support up to 1280x*

I get the same thing, the mirror mode not working is unfortunately a known bug with the injectors, is there anyone still using EFI strings that can confirm if the same thing happens with them?

I get the same thing, the mirror mode not working is unfortunately a known bug with the injectors, is there anyone still using EFI strings that can confirm if the same thing happens with them?

Edit: I reinstalled using the new iAtkos release and can confirm that it's an injector issue. I'm still getting terrible battery life, but on the upside the battery icon now appears every reboot. Anyone else with an M1530 on iDeneb/iAtkos 10.5.5 that's getting the same battery life as in Vista or atleast close to it?

AFAIK mirror mode does not work on hackintoshes.

I'm on iDeneb 10.5.5 and having the problem with the USB not mounting but does after restart. Tried a couple of USB fix patches but still nothing.

can you do a

kextstat | grep USB

in the terminal and paste the output. Do this when you have restarted without any USB storages attached.

Is there any way I can disable the two-finger scrolling I installed using the post-install package? I thought it would be a nice addition but is turning out to be notoriously unreliable. Which kexts do I have to remove?

I suggest that you disable it rather than delete it. You can do that from System Preferences -> FFScroll. I have the two finger enabled and it works wonderfully... Just have a look at it when you have time. Check this link too.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry633681

note: I did not change any preferences in any plists to tweak FFScroll as mentioned in the above link....

I want to instal iAtkos 5i but wen installed OSx just won't start (it shows the locked (/) symbol)

so please can anyone tell me how i get iAtkos 5i working on my M1530

I know it must work, iDeneb worked perfectly i only just want to be sure my osx get's no problem with updates.

This is wat i selected by instal:

[x] iATKOS v5i Main System

[x] Bootloader

-> [x] PC EFI V9 (i do not have bought a efi usb stick or something is this nessesary?)

-> [ ] Chameleon

[x] X86 Patches

-> [x] Decryters

--->[x] AppleDecrypt

--->[ ] dsmos

-> [x] SMBIOS

--->[x] SMBIOS Enablers

------> [ ] SMBIOS EFI (also tried this one 2nd time instead of the other)

------> [x] SMBIOS EFI AIR

------> [ ] SMBIOS Resolver

------> [ ] SMBIOS Enabler

--->[ ] SMBIOS X86

-> [ ] Kernel

---> [ ] 9.5.0 Kernel voodoo

---> [ ] 9.5.0 Kernel fassl

---> [ ] 9.2.0 Kernel ToH

-> [ ] ACPI

---> [ ]Stock ACPI Modified

---> [ ] X86 ACPI

---> [ ] ACPIC driver

-> [x] Disabler.kext

-> [ ] Remove PowerManagement.kext

-> [ ] PS/2 (i use bluetooth so don't need this)

-> [x] OHR (maybe will it fix the shutdown, i hope, but i already know it wont)

-> [ ] Remove Thermal kext

[x] Drivers

-> [x] VGA

---> [ ] Graphics Update

---> [ ] Natit Universal

---> [x] nVidia

------> [ ] NV kush

------> [ ] Natit

------> [ ] Titan

------> [ ] NVinject (also tried this one 2nd time instead of the other)

------> [ ] nVidia Laptop

------> [ ] Remove NVDAResman,kext

------> [x] EFI Strings for nVidia --> [x] 8600 GT 256mb

---> [ ] ATI

---> [ ] Intel

---> [ ] AGPGart

-> [x] System

---> [ ] SATA/IDE

------> [ ] Intel SATA

------> [ ] Intel AHCI SATA

------> [ ] JMicron

------> [ ] nForce SATA

------> [ ] VIAATA

---> [ ] Speedstep

---> [x] Laptop Battery

---> [ ] ext2fs

---> [ ] NTFS-3G

-> [ ] Network

You need laso ------> [ ] Intel AHCI SATA

Hi i just wanna ask before i install iatkos v5i on my dell xps m1330,

i installed iatkos v2 months ago but always when i installed it i couldnt dual boot with windows on the other partition so my question is which settings should i check during the installation and which is the easiest method to dual boot with windows

Thanks for your help ;)

PS: my bios is rev. a14 and when i boot mac maybe everything should ork ( battery time, grafic card, only the wlan not ^^)