[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Anyone tried deep sleep with pc_efiv9?

I put it to deep sleep, but it doesn't turn off the computer like hibernate, how does it supposed to work?

Tried removing the battery and pulling out the power cord when its deep sleeping, but than it fails to resume from sleepimage, just boots regularly.

Hi,

I've just made a try with netkas and it failed too.

My Hack did not entered into deepsleep but in normal sleep.

I gave him a part of my sleepimage file and he found that it was not written correctly.

Probably, as he said, the kernel is not able to write correctly some data.

So we need to wait...

Regards,

MACGIRL!!!!

please write your "recipe" for m1330 with 10.5.5... I mean just what you install no screenshot and things that take time. For instance:

- Install Kalyway

- Install Combo

- install extension.kext

and so on.. a little list with all the extra extension that you install.

PLEASE!

Some graphics kexts didn't install properly in the 10.5.5 update. Try re-applying it after booting in -x mode.

Anyone tried deep sleep with pc_efiv9?

I put it to deep sleep, but it doesn't turn off the computer like hibernate, how does it supposed to work?

Tried removing the battery and pulling out the power cord when its deep sleeping, but than it fails to resume from sleepimage, just boots regularly.

My machine comes out of hibernate and says

encryptedStart (shoud be zero) - 7b3450

Wake Kernel!

Then it reboots. Every time it reboots it tries to use the hibernation image. This behavior occurs even if you use the "-nowake" option (ie the computer will boot fine but on next reboot it will try and use the hibernate image). That basically means I have to manually type "-nowake" every time I boot. If I permanently add it to my boot flags then hibernate will obviously never work.

In other news, I have finally gotten regular sleep to work. Turns out my BIOS password was the culprit. So those of you who cannot resume from sleep, if you have a BIOS power-up password try disabling it and see if sleep then works for you.

Anyone have any luck with the Dell 5720 Verizon EVDO card. I tried the method posted in Macgirls sticky with no avail. The device shows up in the system info as a usb device but still undetected by the network config. Im using a Dell inspiron 1720 with 10.5.5. Works great under vista and xp.

MACGIRL!!!!

please write your "recipe" for m1330 with 10.5.5... I mean just what you install no screenshot and things that take time. For instance:

- Install Kalyway

- Install Combo

- install extension.kext

and so on.. a little list with all the extra extension that you install.

PLEASE!

My method is no standard, because I didn't use iATKOS or Kalyway or other.

I use a real Mac, install with the retail DVD, then update to the latest with combo update, after that I put the required kexts needed to boot on the XPS then install Chameleon to make it bootable on PCs.

It is faster than install on the XPS directly.

I even made an usb disk install which I use for other firends, I just change the kexts for each model and copy the whole partition.

These are the kext I use:

Picture_1.png

Probably AppleDecrypt instead of dsmos

My method is no standard, because I didn't use iATKOS or Kalyway or other.

I use a real Mac, install with the retail DVD, then update to the latest with combo update, after that I put the required kexts needed to boot on the XPS then install Chameleon to make it bootable on PCs.

It is faster than install on the XPS directly.

I even made an usb disk install which I use for other firends, I just change the kexts for each model and copy the whole partition.

These are the kext I use:

post-123-1226884107_thumb.png

Probably AppleDecrypt instead of dsmos

Thanks... just few questions:

- In the post 2188 you say you use the NVinject for 8400M how you can have this value of frame rates?? I can only have 80-90fps with the OpenGL test.

- In your screenshot there is no nvinject... do you come back to efi strings?

- Do you get sleep working?

4. the most important, can you make an image of your XPS1330 system (just drivers, and 10.5.5 nothing else) and put it on torrent network? (It will be about 3.5-4GB with carbon copy) I will the computer on one week to share with the other people because I can't reach sleep workin' and I want just to see if with your method it works. (If you can't nevermind)

I tried iDeneb 1.3 over the weekend which seemed to install perfectly, but once the install finishes all I get is a blank screen, it appears that no video drivers are being loaded, tried safe mode and verbose, it seems to work perfectly up until it actually boots into the GUI. I searched through the thread but didn't find anyone with the issue, so any suggestions?

I tried iDeneb 1.3 over the weekend which seemed to install perfectly, but once the install finishes all I get is a blank screen, it appears that no video drivers are being loaded, tried safe mode and verbose, it seems to work perfectly up until it actually boots into the GUI. I searched through the thread but didn't find anyone with the issue, so any suggestions?

Reinstall with nvidia drivers.. and it will works.. but I was not able ton install Office under Ideneb. Now I'm using Iatkos 4i.

- In the post 2188 you say you use the NVinject for 8400M how you can have this value of frame rates?? I can only have 80-90fps with the OpenGL test.

4. the most important, can you make an image of your XPS1330 system (just drivers, and 10.5.5 nothing else) and put it on torrent network? (It will be about 3.5-4GB with carbon copy) I will the computer on one week to share with the other people because I can't reach sleep workin' and I want just to see if with your method it works. (If you can't nevermind)

Since I reinstalled Leopard because I lost QE/CI before I know EFI strings are not working on the XPS with 10.5.5 I have the best performance ever, but still need the sleep display trick to boost the framerates, dont know if DSDT (which I am testing) avoid the sleep trick.

I am regularly testing back EFI String and NVinject, so add to that list NVinject.

Sleep is working for me since I installed leopard, well it waked right way befor Superhai discover the USB issue.

I could make the image but I don't have the connection or the computer to maintain the torrent.

Hi macgirl,

I use a time the nvinject, which you have posted before, under 10.5.5. The performance is only in the opengl extension viewer fast but not in games. Best example is the opensource game sauerbraten for mac. It is very slow with 10.5.5 drivers and your kext. Currently i have installed the injector and two kexts (NVDAResman.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext) from leopard grafik update 1.0. This give me the best performance in opengl extensions viewer and in all my games. Can you confirm it or do you use another solution to get the best performance?

Regards

Hi macgirl,

I use a time the nvinject, which you have posted before, under 10.5.5. The performance is only in the opengl extension viewer fast but not in games. Best example is the opensource game sauerbraten for mac. It is very slow with 10.5.5 drivers and your kext. Currently i have installed the injector and two kexts (NVDAResman.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext) from leopard grafik update 1.0. This give me the best performance in opengl extensions viewer and in all my games. Can you confirm it or do you use another solution to get the best performance?

Regards

Just a note: I have all these installed in my system and it gives amazing OpenGL scores and performance. I have no problems playing NFS Carbon at highest config.

picture1he0.th.png

For Superhai: Thanks you very much for the GenericCPUPowerManagement. Along with Vanilla 9.5.0 it has improved my system performance. However, there seems to be one problem. The speakers now make a crackling noise when they initialize, ie, when they start playing a sound and not while playing them. Thanks again.

I have sleep working on my tin-can. I have this combination:

iatkos v4i update to 10.5.5

Vanilla kernel 9.5.0

EHCISleepEnabler.kext, ClamshellDisplay.kext, GenericCPUPowerManagement.kext from here

DO NOT use Speedstep from iatkos package or sonotone's package as that caused me kernel panic with Vanilla 9.5.0 but was ok with 9.2.0 ToH

I also made the edits specified in the readme in the above link.

I have deactivated deep sleep (because the hibernate file was taking 4 gigs)

I have deactivated wake on USB from the Bios.

Hope this helps

Hi macgirl,

Regards

Ok, I did several test with dsdt and without it.

With dsdt installed and with a disabler (I use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext) I got mixed results, from 9x to 8xx (but even when it hit max it begins to decrease rapidly).

With dsdt installed but without a disable I got ~120 (sleep display trick makes no difference)

Without dsdt installed I got ~850

Anyway I think that the OpenGL tests with dsdt installed are weird because the whole GUI feels faster than the reported fps.

Is there another way to test the OGL?

Yes, make an image just 10.5.5 and drivers, and I will leave the PC on to download it. And I will take care to maintain it.

If you can do it it would be wonderful.

You did not understand me, I can not even maintain the first upload, also my upload speed is 128kilobit, but when I uploaded some files it fall to 5~7 kb/s.

What about sleep doesn't work?

Another weird thing, with dsdt installed and a disabler (NullCPUPowerManagement in this case) I have sound stuttering.

I have the problem as well. I figured out that with DSDT AppleIntelPM still gets loaded despite a Disabler kext also loading. The AppleIntelPM causes my system to be slow sometimes. I ended up doing what Chrysaor did and just removing the kext.

Chrysaor did you ever end up getting that internal mic to work?

Ok, I did several test with dsdt and without it.

With dsdt installed and with a disabler (I use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext) I got mixed results, from 9x to 8xx (but even when it hit max it begins to decrease rapidly).

With dsdt installed but without a disable I got ~120 (sleep display trick makes no difference)

Without dsdt installed I got ~850

Anyway I think that the OpenGL tests with dsdt installed are weird because the whole GUI feels faster than the reported fps.

Is there another way to test the OGL?

You did not understand me, I can not even maintain the first upload, also my upload speed is 128kilobit, but when I uploaded some files it fall to 5~7 kb/s.

I think that openMark/xbench/opengl extensions viewer is not the best benchmark so try some games free opengl games like Nexuiz or Sauerbraten(identical issue with commercial games like spore or c&c) with identical videosettings and you will see that you receive much better performance with both old kexts (NVDAResman.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext) from leo grafikupdate 1.0. The difference is betwen 'definitive' unplayable to good playable. In both case the sleeptrick is used and ogl extensions viewer show ever the same results with ~800 point except the last test with ~50 points.

Nexuiz deliver a possibility to perform a benchmark. Look at this link.

http://imbacore.blogspot.com/2008/09/nexui...-benchmark.html

I'm currently on my work so i cannot start benchmarks yet to visualize the performance differences.

Edit:

Okay, i have tested this benchmark but i cannot determine a performance difference but it is still there in some titels like spore or sauerbraten. Maybe this games using other opengl revisions depending of used videodriver and the capabilities of these so maybe there is no performance issue?

I have sleep working on my tin-can. I have this combination:

iatkos v4i update to 10.5.5

Vanilla kernel 9.5.0

EHCISleepEnabler.kext, ClamshellDisplay.kext, GenericCPUPowerManagement.kext from here

DO NOT use Speedstep from iatkos package or sonotone's package as that caused me kernel panic with Vanilla 9.5.0 but was ok with 9.2.0 ToH

I also made the edits specified in the readme in the above link.

I have deactivated deep sleep (because the hibernate file was taking 4 gigs)

I have deactivated wake on USB from the Bios.

Hope this helps

Hey talisman,

How to deactivate / modify your deep sleep? I saw some code some in the past post stating the following code:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 or 5 but where I change that number to get my sleep working as I want? In the INFO.plist ?

What does the GenericCPUPowerManagement exactly ?

Thanks guys, your doing such a great work to help us!

Would you reccomend NVKush or NVinject?

We recommend NVINJECT.

That happened to me too, you have to remove AppleIntelCPUPM.

Sorry, with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed this is not happening.

What about sleep doesn't work?

I have the problem as well. I figured out that with DSDT AppleIntelPM still gets loaded despite a Disabler kext also loading. The AppleIntelPM causes my system to be slow sometimes. I ended up doing what Chrysaor did and just removing the kext.

So there is the problem AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext causes slow FPS on the OGL tests.

So if we use dsdt but disable AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement we have no slowness.

Hey talisman,

How to deactivate / modify your deep sleep? I saw some code some in the past post stating the following code:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 or 5 but where I change that number to get my sleep working as I want? In the INFO.plist ?

What does the GenericCPUPowerManagement exactly ?

Thanks guys, your doing such a great work to help us!

We recommend NVINJECT.

This is how you deactivate "Safe Sleep". I don't know if it is necessary to deactivate this to get sleep working. I did it to save 4 gigs. Also. I have set the power options in the system preferences to custom and kept it that way for both plugged in and battery.

Deactivating Safe Sleep

For mode details: Mac OS X Sleep

Hope this helps

Hi,

i had install a retail version on my xps m1330. It works all fine but i have the following problem: In my system profile i have a Firewire Bus but if i connect a video camera or a a external hdd nothing is going on. I can´t use them. Have anybody else these problems and/or know how i can fix this?

sry if the english is bad ;)

post-142120-1227134473_thumb.png