[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Anyone confirm crackling of int speakers in M1530 with 10.5.5, Vanilla 9.5.0 and Generic CPUPowerManagement.kext ???

And has anyone's clock been running slow after installing GenericCPUPowerManagement.kext ???

Hello Talisman,

I've got quite the same hardware configuration as yours and i never notice any crackling in sound output on my XPS1530.

Also, i'm not sure that i'm using the same kext so i'll try yours and notify you if i've got the same problems.

Have you tried a dsdt patch for your system?

Deepsleep works?

For me, deepsleep does not work as my sleepimage has garbage.

Another issue is that my system becomes laggy for some seconds right after returning back from safe sleep. it usually does that for some seconds and the mouse jumps a little bit.

Anyway, it's a very good hackintosh as i'm using it at work and never got annoyed by it.

Regards,

I'm back on my M1330 with Leopard 10.5.5, after 2 more motherboard replacements from dell. Heads up to all M1330 owners, don't do the A13 BIOS update... it fried my last motherboard... as in I couldn't even get to POST.

Anyways, after reinstalling with XxX's DVD, I found out how to resolve the IOAPIC error.... Reset the BIOS to default settings.... it took me a few hours to realize that one.

Macgirl, I used your com.apple.boot.plist file, my audio now works.. (which wasn't before... even though I had the 9228 kext), but I'm not getting QE. Have you revised it to work with 10.5.5?

Thanks!

Hello Talisman,

I've got quite the same hardware configuration as yours and i never notice any crackling in sound output on my XPS1530.

Also, i'm not sure that i'm using the same kext so i'll try yours and notify you if i've got the same problems.

Have you tried a dsdt patch for your system?

Deepsleep works?

For me, deepsleep does not work as my sleepimage has garbage.

Another issue is that my system becomes laggy for some seconds right after returning back from safe sleep. it usually does that for some seconds and the mouse jumps a little bit.

Anyway, it's a very good hackintosh as i'm using it at work and never got annoyed by it.

Regards,

1. Strange that the crackling came in just after I changed from 9.2.0 ToH and Speedstep to 9.5.0 Vanilla and GenericCPUPowerManagement.kext.... Ill have to look deeper into this.... now it also crackles when I play Enya!!! Try turning on System Sound Notifications from the Sound Pref Panel and you might notice a slight crackling when you hit the expose hot corner without having any wondows open or hear it when there is a system sound while playing itunes or when the clock announces the time.

2. Have not tried the dsdt patch as I have been mostly swamped the last few weeks and can't afford to have problems with my machine now. Yes, I use it for home and work too and I love it. I bench at 3400+ in Geekbench and have wonderful fps in OpenGL Viewer and the machine is very fast.

3. I have sleep working but not deep sleep. I erased the sleepimage file as I wanted to save 4 gigs. You might try to delete your sleepimage file and try to recreate it again with the pmset command. (See the links in my previous posts about sleep). When my tin-can wakes up from sleep it does seem a bit jittery, but Ill keep it under deeper observation. I don't think I will implement deep sleep. Sorry about that.

4. Just a note to M1530 owners. I tried to use the 1.1 version of GenericCPUPowerManagement.kext but it slows down the machine as it incorrectly reads the max frequency of the CPU as 505 MHz on the T9300. See my post here . That should be fixed pretty soon though... Superhai is pretty efficient!!

Need help people....!!!

Had to reınstall mac and dıd the normal Iatkos v4ı upgraded to 10.5.5 thıng....

Problem: Now the keyboard has an ıncorrect layout. Cant fıx ıt. (Notıce the ı.... ıts not an ı.... no dot on ıts head !!!! and all non letter keys gıvıng wıerd greek or latın characters). I thınk my keyboard thınks ıts a mac keyboard coz the optıon key when pressed gıves a dıfferent character set too......

Let me know ıf anyone ever fıxed thıs one..... thanks

Solved!! Phew!! Guess what... Iatkos made OS X think my tin-can is Turkish!! Had to change keyboard layout in System Preferences -> International.... dumb of me... should have thought of that earlier!!

A13 here without problems :D

I just must have been unlucky.

Anyways, can you help me get Q/E with 10.5.5, with your com.apple.boot.plist it gives me audio... but it takes away my QE, I have the following:

NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS EFI:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS EFI

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0427

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinjectGo 0.2.0c EFI

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

Thanks!

Has anyone else had problems using the webcam on the m1330? After a few minutes (maybe 5-10?), mine will freeze sporadically and then just stop working :-/

other than that everything seems to be working really well... thanks for everyone's help and hard work

I just must have been unlucky.

Anyways, can you help me get Q/E with 10.5.5, with your com.apple.boot.plist it gives me audio... but it takes away my QE, I have the following:

NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS EFI:

You missed the posts that we made, EFI string does not work with 10.5.5 (at least with M1330)

You need NVinject (I made a post with one attached).

You missed the posts that we made, EFI string does not work with 10.5.5 (at least with M1330)

You need NVinject (I made a post with one attached).

But without the com.boot.plist that you made, my audio doesn't work. With NVKush, my graphics works... but my audio doesnt (even though I have the audio kext)... any ideas?

I'm back on my M1330 with Leopard 10.5.5, after 2 more motherboard replacements from dell. Heads up to all M1330 owners, don't do the A13 BIOS update... it fried my last motherboard... as in I couldn't even get to POST.

Anyways, after reinstalling with XxX's DVD, I found out how to resolve the IOAPIC error.... Reset the BIOS to default settings.... it took me a few hours to realize that one.

Macgirl, I used your com.apple.boot.plist file, my audio now works.. (which wasn't before... even though I had the 9228 kext), but I'm not getting QE. Have you revised it to work with 10.5.5?

Thanks!

Same problem here -_- I flashed the bios to A13 and it fried the motherboard. As i got the motherboard replacement I reflashed again to A13 first and it has worked. I got a brandnew board with fixed nvidia g86 chip. The A13 update is removed from all dell websites and a new bios A14 is released and available! No changes in relation to MacOS.

Here the correct audio kexts. They should have much less issues like this from sonotone installer for me. I dont know where I've got them from.

Sigmatel9228.zip

Same problem here :star_sunglasses: I flashed the bios to A13 and it fried the motherboard. As i got the motherboard replacement I reflashed again to A13 first and it has worked. I got a brandnew board with fixed nvidia g86 chip. The A13 update is removed from all dell websites and a new bios A14 is released and available! No changes in relation to MacOS.

Here the correct audio kexts. They should have much less issues like this from sonotone installer for me. I dont know where I've got them from.

At least I wasn't the only one! I'd imagine it only effected those with defective nvidia cards. Why would Dell want to fry their motherboards??

Those kexts for audio along with NVkush give me Audio & QE/CI... I just hope my headphone jacks work... (they never have in the past!)

Thanks!

At least I wasn't the only one! I'd imagine it only effected those with defective nvidia cards. Why would Dell want to fry their motherboards??

Those kexts for audio along with NVkush give me Audio & QE/CI... I just hope my headphone jacks work... (they never have in the past!)

Thanks!

I dont think that Dell want it to fry the motherboard, i think the reason was the flash environement. I flashed from dos but it was a non-ms dos with an unsupported memory driver. I know, this was no good idea but all seems to updated perfect untill shutdown ^^ In my case, I never seen a failed update on a dell machine which failed on a supported environement so i think it was a layer 8 issue by me.

The headphone jacks working but there is no autodetection. You have to switch manualy (use an automator script) except the first(or the second) one, it will playing the same as the internal speakers.

Greeting to All...

After long days and night of testing, hit and miss, fresh installation and a few hundres cups of java, I finally got my XPS M1530 up and Running with Leo 10.5.2 Kaly.

Everything so far is working properly, expect the obvious (wireless, and ethernet) which I fixed by buing a Belkin USB adapter with drivers from Bonkers. But now the most important thing (at least for me) isnt letting up, AUDIO, I tried the HDA and NOTHING, tried the drivers from the pack macgirl recomends at the beggining of the thread and NOTHING, I couldnt find the Azalia (Dont know why) and NOTHING; Dont know what to do anymore... thats why Im here; ID like to humbly ask you for help: I have a XPS M1530 8600m gt, 4gigs 667 ram, runnin leo 10.5.2 Kalyway install.

This is my first Hackintosh so Im struggling, Please help.

Any more ideas?

MBS.

But without the com.boot.plist that you made, my audio doesn't work. With NVKush, my graphics works... but my audio doesnt (even though I have the audio kext)... any ideas?

You can have EFI string for the Audio or you can use ALCinject, but EFi string for Nvidia simply does not work, I set up a friend's Dell yesterday, same thing althoug it's laptop is a very different, he has a Precision M4400, it has a Quadro FX770M (which is equivalent of a 9600GT) and it has exactly the same symptoms, EFI Strings does not work for the graphics and Shutdown/Restart does not work also.

I like that computer, it has an Intell Integrated Network card that work and the WiFi is a Dell 1525 which also works out of the box, iluminated keyboard, and other goodies.

That is what the google search is for. I'm sorry if I appeared to singling you out but I've been answering the exact same questions over and over again. While it is certainly difficult to read 127 pages of stuff many of your questions were previously answered in the past few pages. I believe all of them except the 6800GT were actually.

As for the maintenance, see below.

My apologies for the wrong link. There have been some moderators editing my signature and the link got messed up. That's also a lot less giant than it used to be. Again, some downsizing has been done.

macgirl, I'm going to make updating the front page very easy for you. The following are the links to the important stuff that's happened:

Chrysaor's no sleep sound fix: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=929044

Superhai's GenericCPUPowerManagement: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=123774

Superhai's DSDT.aml: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=951059

Updating for non-retail installs: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109102

Internal mic thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=130822

Chrysaor's NVCAP for M1530: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=932017

macgirl's nvinject: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=897593

iwidarwin: http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/

My working boot ISO: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=929140

My installation guide: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=119654

AppleDecrypt: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=121874

Voodoo Kernel: https://groups.google.com/group/xnu-dev/web/home

TM Fix: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=932684

I think that's close to it.

Macgirl, do you mind updating the first page with the links for latest stuff wingrunr21 put together?

You can have EFI string for the Audio or you can use ALCinject, but EFi string for Nvidia simply does not work, I set up a friend's Dell yesterday, same thing althoug it's laptop is a very different, he has a Precision M4400, it has a Quadro FX770M (which is equivalent of a 9600GT) and it has exactly the same symptoms, EFI Strings does not work for the graphics and Shutdown/Restart does not work also.

I like that computer, it has an Intell Integrated Network card that work and the WiFi is a Dell 1525 which also works out of the box, iluminated keyboard, and other goodies.

Sounds like a 2.4GHz Macbook :)

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0427

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1 johnniecarcinogen installer

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

hmm.. i am using dell 1520 with ideneb 10.5.5 with 8400M gs 128mb

when i try to extend my monitor ,and click the detect display,it goes to blank screen...

i have to pull out my LCD cable and restart to make it works back

any solution?or any kext i can straight install and get the extended screen,as i not dare to change the nvcap or nvinject coz i can't find either.

must use the EFI solution?

thx

Greeting to All...

After long days and night of testing, hit and miss, fresh installation and a few hundres cups of java, I finally got my XPS M1530 up and Running with Leo 10.5.2 Kaly.

Everything so far is working properly, expect the obvious (wireless, and ethernet) which I fixed by buing a Belkin USB adapter with drivers from Bonkers. But now the most important thing (at least for me) isnt letting up, AUDIO, I tried the HDA and NOTHING, tried the drivers from the pack macgirl recomends at the beggining of the thread and NOTHING, I couldnt find the Azalia (Dont know why) and NOTHING; Dont know what to do anymore... thats why Im here; ID like to humbly ask you for help: I have a XPS M1530 8600m gt, 4gigs 667 ram, runnin leo 10.5.2 Kalyway install.

This is my first Hackintosh so Im struggling, Please help.

Any more ideas?

MBS.

Use this Apple HDA kext, it should work....

And dont forget to repair permission using the disk utilities app.

AppleHDA.kext.STAC9228.M1530.zip

All,

After a goggling and going through a lot of forum topics specifically for Network drivers for Intel Wireless 3945 abg / 4965 agn and Marvell Yukon 88E8040 Ethernet cards, it appears that there are no working drivers for the mentioned network devices.

Obviously your hackintosh would not be able to connect to the rest of the world without having network devices working. So either you can go and buy some wireless USB adaptor and configure accordingly as most of the guys suggested here in this forum or everywhere.

Secondly, here is what I am going to suggest. This is a work around until we don’t have working drivers.

1) Use the virtual machine from VMware. VMWare Fusion 2.0 is designed for Leopard to run multiple OS's. After installing the VMWare fusion, create a virtual machine of your own favourite OS (windows XP / Vista / Ubuntu). The beauty of VMware fusion is that you can directly connect a physical Hardware / device directly to Virtual Machine and by pass the host machine. You can than install related windows drivers for networking devices and can directly access internet in Virtual machine by connecting to wired or wireless network.

2) Optionally, VMware also provides the functionality to run a virtual machine in Unity mode keeping both OS (window, Leopard) running simultaneously with windows in seem less mode. You can open Internet Explorer from Applications menu in virtual machine and stat browsing.

3) To make your experience more sophisticated with Leopard looks, download Safari for Windows in your XP virtual machine and use it instead IE.

4) You can also connect any device (e.g. Phone Modem etc) and install its windows based drivers to use Dial-Up internet connection using your phone. (Most unlikely you would not be able to find your phone modem drivers written for Leopard)

Limitations: Though you would be able to browse internet using the above said approach which is far better than not having internet connection at all, however there is a limitation that you would not be able to directly connect to internet form Leopard host machine. This means that you cannot use certain MAC application which uses internet (e.g. iChat or any other internet based MAC games)

I hope this may help to someone.

Thanks for reading...!!!

For Audio on M1530 use the attached kext. Really, it is easy to find it if you do a serious search but Ill attach it anyways. Int Speakers, mic jack and Headphones working. Mic not working.

I have the nodes figured out for the int mic and can also get the system to recognize it but can't get it to work. I am attaching the pin map diagram built using codecgraph . The correct pin layout (I think so!!) is 8 28 19. If anyone gets ideas itll be nice...

codec2tx3.th.jpg

Anyone confirm crackling of int speakers in M1530 with 10.5.5, Vanilla 9.5.0 and Generic CPUPowerManagement.kext ???

And has anyone's clock been running slow after installing GenericCPUPowerManagement.kext ???

Note: This kext does not have the updated Info.plist with the attempted int mic fix. Should have specified that earlier. Sorry about that.

I get no speaker crackling or a slow clock when running the GCPM kext. I had a crack at getting the internal mic working but ended up with the same crackling as you. Any interest in a joint effort to get the mic working?

Hi,

I´m having some trouble with the system profiler, because without the -f boot flag it shows me an error while gathering the information. I´ve done some research before sending this post, but unfortunately, until now I couldn´t find the right solution. The last days I tried to mess around with the AppleSMBIOS without any success.

I´m currently using SMBIOS-28 and after narrowing down the possible causes of this problem, I think that the cause could be the EHCISleepEnabler or the IOUSBFamily.kext, especially the AppleUSBEHCI plugin is what I´m concerned of. I took the IOUSBFamily.kext from the original iATKOS v4.1i 10.5.4 installation and combined it with the newer plugins from the 10.5.5 delta update, and finally modified the property lists the way Superhai told us to do, by adding those couple of lines. EHCISleepEnabler I´m currently using is the latest from superhai.com.

The strange thing is like I said, that if I boot the system with the -f flag, the problem doesn´t occur. I´ve been comparing the console log to find out the differences between booting with -f and without -f, and I thought that maybe some of you could give me some advise or even a working solution to this matter. What I´ve been thinking about is that somehow the system doesn´t load one or several extensions , or that the kext cache is being modified every time I restart the computer.

Thanks for your help :D

P.S. I´m attaching the boot logs, so you can examine them better.

EDIT: Booting with the -f flag allows me to use "require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver", otherwise I first have to log out and login again to activate this functionality.

EDIT2: I finally found the solution! Downloaded AppleUSBEHCI and AppleUSBUHCI extensions from:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=117029 (Thanks to Slice´s work.)

and put them into IOUSBFamily.kext plugins folder. Then I edited the Info.plist from AppleUSBEHCI like in Superhai´s guide for enabling EHCISleepEnabler. But now the more important part. I asked myself, why not to edit also the AppleUSBUHCI. So I did that, the exact same way like I did for AppleUSBEHCI, but now for AppleUSBUHCI. And voila, problem was solved! The system profiler now shows full information and "require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver" work without having to use the -f boot up flag.

I hope that Superhai edits his guide, because maybe I´m not the only one who had or is having the same trouble.

EDIT3: "require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver" only works after deactivating "use secure virtual memory", which requires a restart of your system. But on the second restart "require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver" doesn't work anymore. Then I reactivated "use secure virtual memory" and restarted. It worked again. Finally I restarted again, without changing anything, and as expected, it didn't work anymore. That means that the setting only affects the next time you start up the system, and doesn't continue to work after that. Correct me if I´m wrong :) Any kind of help is greatly appreciated;)

without_force.rtf

with_force.rtf

Anyone care to post their working two finger FFDScroll settings for the m1530?

Default settings work just fine.... the one in stalled from sonotone's package..... I have two and one finger scrolling enabled. And if things don't work try enabling the featured in the sys pref -> trackpad... as you would do in a real mac....

I get no speaker crackling or a slow clock when running the GCPM kext. I had a crack at getting the internal mic working but ended up with the same crackling as you. Any interest in a joint effort to get the mic working?

I can send you the kext which I modded to get the mic to work. The problem is, even after I removed that kext and installed the normal one, the crackling persists. Besides, I had no crackling with just the modded kext and without GCPM. The crackling has reduced though with certain settings in AudioMidi... my tin-can seems to have a mind of its own....

It will be nice if you can knock some sense out of this kext. The part I added is between <!--int mic> and <!--Talisman>. I got the hint from xbc's mod. Check here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=932388

and its following comments.... especially the last few ones....

Collaboration is not a problem.... time is!!

ps. Can you please do a sysctl -a | grep frequency and paste the output. And if you are using GCPM 1.1 and the commandline tool then a ./gcpupmcontrol all would also help... thanks

AppleHDA.kext.int_mic_xbc_mod.zip