[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Updated to 10.5.6, working fine but USB ports on the left side stopped working for some reason (right one works fine).

Anyone else got this?

I will be updating soon.... just a few things...

1. Which BIOS version do you have A12 or A9. What I gathered is that the DSDT depends on the BIOS.

2. Did you do an automatic update or downloaded and installed the file. (I am a bit jittery as Mac OS X is my primary os and bricking it will screw up the work I have to submit tomorrow, and the rest of the evening.)

In general with PCEFI_V9 and DSDT patch, this is what I observe:

1. The machine is benching about 5-10% lower in both Geekbench and OpenGL Viewer. This is due to the PCEFI_V9 and not the DSDT patch

2. The sound stuttering I had with V8 has gone with V9 and the clock is back to normal.

My conclusion: with V8 and 9.5.0 somehow the hardware was not being read properly. Don't know what went wrong though.

<br /><br /><br />

well, Wingrunr21, now I've got USB working.

Now, I lost my 2 Fingers scrolling functionality. Anyway the sound is not working.

I think it's because I don't have the AppleUSBEHCI.kext in my IOUSBFamily.kext plugins folder.

Thanks for all your help so long (:

Did you try the kext that I linked in my previous post for the audio??

For 2 finger scroll try this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=88811

well, Wingrunr21, now I've got USB working.

Now, I lost my 2 Fingers scrolling functionality. Anyway the sound is not working.

I think it's because I don't have the AppleUSBEHCI.kext in my IOUSBFamily.kext plugins folder.

Thanks for all your help so long (:

Don't know why you lost two finger scrolling since these trackpads are PS/2. Also, AppleUSBEHCI.kext needs to be in the PlugIns folder.

I've successfully updated to 10.5.6 using Superhai's DSDT.aml and PC EFI v9. I only have one problem, however. This update installs a new IOUSBFamily.kext. The new AppleUSBEHCI will not load EHCISleepEnabler since it says it does not have an "OSBundleCompatibleVersion" and it has a new CFBundleVersion of 3.2.5. Otherwise everything went fine. I still get QE/CI/QGL with the previous nvinject using the new nvidia kexts. Haven't benched them though.

Well...well....well

10.5.6 Update KPed at 66%. had to shut down. Now it boots into Mac OS X but the keyboard and left USB ports won't work. Trackpad not working nor is the fingerprint reader and hence I cannot log in. The only USB port that works is the one on the right.

I did have the DSDT.aml in the right place and did have PCEFI_V9.

Anyone know what the permissions should be on the DSDT.aml file and whether is has to be compiled from the patcher and not taken from someone else with the same machine??

Here we go again...

Thanks for the reply guys. I guess i will go with JaS 10.5.4 and if that does not work I can try Leo4all, and Ideneb since I have version 3 of that I think. I would like to keep Media direct just for the hell of it even though i do not use it. Mainly since I do not want to format my drive at all right now. Where would be best to partition since I have the following partitions now: Vista with 250GB, Recover: 10gb, media direct with 2gb.

I am thinking of splitting my 250gb vista partition and using that empty side to install osx but I may run into problems booting osx since I do not know if media direct has anything to do with booting and the MBR.

I installed 10.5.6. On first boot Keyboard and Trackpad didn't work so it need to adjust the OSBundleLibraries of ACPIPS2Nub.kext version to the new AppleACPIPlatform which now is 1.2.4 (1.2.1 before)

Alsa reapplied the EHCISleepEnabler OSBundleCompatibleVersion to AppleUSBEHCI.kext, deleted the new AppleHDA.kext and restored the modded one.

QE/CI without probs.

I am using dsdt of course.

Well...well....well

10.5.6 Update KPed at 66%. had to shut down. Now it boots into Mac OS X but the keyboard and left USB ports won't work. Trackpad not working nor is the fingerprint reader and hence I cannot log in. The only USB port that works is the one on the right.

Anyone know what the permissions should be on the DSDT.aml file and whether is has to be compiled from the patcher and not taken from someone else with the same machine??

No it doesn't. I took the one Superhai created and put it in the root of my hard drive. It is named "DSDT.aml" and is chowned to root:admin and chmoded to 755.

Have you booted with -v mode and checked the output? Do you have a USB keyboard you can plug in (since you have at least one working USB port) to troubleshoot? Without opening up console/booting in -v mode you will not be able to figure out what is wrong.

On my laptop at least both USB ports work, sound works, fingerprint, etc. I also fixed my EHCISleepEnabler problem. I must have made a typo originally (although I checked it and it looked ok). Anyway, EHCISleepEnabler now loads correctly. Sleep still works.

Edit: macgirl, interesting I didn't have this problem. Where did you change the OSBundleLibraries?

I will be updating soon.... just a few things...

1. Which BIOS version do you have A12 or A9. What I gathered is that the DSDT depends on the BIOS.

2. Did you do an automatic update or downloaded and installed the file. (I am a bit jittery as Mac OS X is my primary os and bricking it will screw up the work I have to submit tomorrow, and the rest of the evening.)

1. Using A12, and there were no differences between A11 and A12.

2. I always use combo update.

Well...well....well

Here we go again...

Reason for KP at installation is probably you didn't had a Disabler for AICPUPM (see Netkas' guide). I would reinstall combo update probably didn't get the whole update.

Keyboard and touchpad issues can be fixed easily with AppleACPIPS2Nub.

Fingerprint reader is connected to the USB hub on the left side, when left side is working, it should be working fine.

DSDT shouldn't matter as long as its the same type of machine.

Well...well....well

Here we go again...

So here it is:

The update has problems with EHCISleepEnabler, ACPIPS2Nub and wont load ApplePS2keyboard or ApplePS2Controller.

I removed the first 2 and manually loaded the last two but nothing happened. All the USB kexts seem to load but at boot time USBEHCI gives error saying something like UIM not found.....

will keep on trying....

The update has problems with EHCISleepEnabler, ACPIPS2Nub and wont load ApplePS2keyboard or ApplePS2Controller.

I removed the first 2 and manually loaded the last two but nothing happened. All the USB kexts seem to load but at boot time USBEHCI gives error saying something like UIM not found.....

EHCISleepEnabler needs to be reapplied since there is a new IOUSBFamily. By that I mean you need to re-apply the OSBundleCompatibleVersion property in AppleUSBEHCI.kext's Info.plist as per Superhai's readme. What errors are occuring when you try to load ACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2Keyboard, ApplePS2Controller?

BTW, does anyone's trackpad get detected as a trackpad and subsequently get the new Preferences panel for it? ApplePS2Trackpad.kext is loading for me but the new preferences pane doesn't show.

So we don't need DSDT for 10.5.6? WIll nvkush work for now in 10.5.6? And if I use "Chun-Nan's AppleACPIPS2Nub" I am good to go?

What about the SuperHai GCPM? And the fix he has for the EHCI kext? Is there an update for that in 10.5.6?

I will wait a bit before I try the update to see.

I want to continue using nvkush for now. I have CI/QE perfect but not sure what extened QE is? WHat does it show up as in System Profiler? Is there there a test to see if I have all the features with nvkush?

What about the final release of Voodoo Kernel will that work in 10.5.6? Also EFI9/Chameleon.

WHat advantages are there making yoru drive MBR over GUID? I have been using GUID and I don't multi boot to other OS's just Multi Boot to Leopard. Isn't it better to stick to GUID?

I saw some issues with some applications in MBR versus GUID. FInal CUt had some issues in MBR and none in GUID for me.

Looks like we don't need DSDT at all. Remove it (or boot with DSDT=blabla) and all USB ports (and fingerprint reader) works fine.

Everything is back to fully working.

Apparantly, thats true, I have all my USBs and fingerprint reader back. However keyboard still not working....

ApplePS2Controller and ApplePS2keyboard still not loading...

What was that about ApplePS2Nub?? Did I miss something Macgirl??

Note: I think we still need the DSDT to update to 10.5.6, otherwise it will KP. Then it can be removed once the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is removed... correct me if I am wrong...

Apparantly, thats true, I have all my USBs and fingerprint reader back. However keyboard still not working....

ApplePS2Controller and ApplePS2keyboard still not loading...

What was that about ApplePS2Nub?? Did I miss something Macgirl??

Note: I think we still need the DSDT to update to 10.5.6, otherwise it will KP. Then it can be removed once the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is removed... correct me if I am wrong...

AppleHPET.kext also won't load.

Replace your ACPIPS2Nub with the one in this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=114578

You should be good to go.

Can us newbies get a quick guide on what to do to upgrade from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6 if we used iatkos5?

That is too general of a question. First of all we have no idea what your hardware is. Second of all we have no idea what options you chose in the iAtkos setup. However, here is a very general guide for upgrading:

1. Install PC EFI v9
  2. Find/Patch your DSDT and place the resulting DSDT.aml in the root of your drive
  3. Upgrade to 10.5.6
  4. Delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

That is too general of a question. First of all we have no idea what your hardware is. Second of all we have no idea what options you chose in the iAtkos setup. However, here is a very general guide for upgrading:
  1. Install PC EFI v9
  2. Find/Patch your DSDT and place the resulting DSDT.aml in the root of your drive
  3. Upgrade to 10.5.6

It looks like I fall in the newbies category.

I did the XxX 10.5.5 w/PPF1 install. I believe it came with v9 of PC EFI... is there a way to check?

How do we find and patch the DSDT?

Thanks!

It looks like I fall in the newbies category.

I did the XxX 10.5.5 w/PPF1 install. I believe it came with v9 of PC EFI... is there a way to check?

How do we find and patch the DSDT?

Thanks!

Does Chameleon say 1.0.12 upon boot? If so then you are updated.

As for the DSDT, try ~pcwiz's GUI tool: http://######.com/index.php?option=...0&Itemid=48

1. Install PC EFI v9
  3. Upgrade to 10.5.6

Firstly thanks wingrunr21 and Chrysaor for saving me a reinstall

Just to add to the list:

1. For M1530:

If your all, except the right USB device stops working after the update, remove or rename DSDT.aml from / and make sure you remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext as well as mentioned above. The reboot machine and everything will be fine. Thanks to Chrysaor for pointing this out. After a couple of reboots you can reinstate DSDT.aml but I don't see why one would need to do so. I haven't done it.

2. If you want to get the sleep working again you have to make the edits once more : Superhai's Instructions

3. The modded audio kext has to be replaced.

4. I did not need the Diabler.kext. The reason why the update froze the first time was an incorrect DSDT. I repatched DSDT and applied it and everything worked fine. I did not realize Chrysaor's and my processors are different.

Trackpad Issues:

I do see the AppleTrackpad kext. However, I face two issues.

Earlier, I had single click on my trackpad by default, now it is double and I cannot change it.

Earlier, there was a trackpad section in the Mouse and Keyboards section, now it is gone.

Two finger scroll still works.

i installed 10.5.6. had to delete dstd file from root. now laptop's built in keyboard and trackpad are not working. i am using external mouse and keyboard at the moment. can anyone please help me with that? how i can make my built in keyboard and mouse working again?

i installed 10.5.6. had to delete dstd file from root. now laptop's built in keyboard and trackpad are not working. i am using external mouse and keyboard at the moment. can anyone please help me with that? how i can make my built in keyboard and mouse working again?

Have a look at this (I had the same problem): http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1000425

You might need this file:

ACPIPS2Nub.kext.zip

Couple questions:

I have posted a lot so if you read up you see I installed iATKOS 10.5.5 on the M1530 with a Dell 1505 Wireless Card. 2.6 GHZ Processor 45 nm. 4 gigs 667MHZ ram.

I never chose a APpleACPIplatform not APpleSMBIOS kexts during the install. I did back up my Extensions folder after the SNow Leopard Update and restored 3 kexts. APpleHDA, AppleSMBIOS and APpleACPIPlatform kexts. MY keyboard works again. I suppose I could put back the ACPI installed by snow and change the version number in the plist as is posted in the beggining of this thread.

My question is do I need to install all those kexts that are on superhai site for example the GCPM for SNow Leopard. SMBIOS resolver EHCIsleep Enabler and ACPI battery. I installed onlyu GCPM and EHCIsleep enabler after the iATKOS 10.5.5 installer.

http://www.superhai.com/darwin.html

THis is all getting just way too confusing and a GUIDE Is needed. One on iDENEB 10.5.5 and iATKOS 10.5.5 and SNow Leopard update.

By the way if you have the latest Voodoo Kernel then the APple Updates will not replace the kernel nor will AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement work because that kernel blacklist them as well as Blacklist any updates that changes a conf file to Not steal Mac. Voodoo Kernel removes all those.

SO I just need o know what to put back after the Now Leopard install?

This is what I installed from iATKOS 10.5.5.

PCI EFI 9

AppleDecrypt

SMBIOSResolver<<<< SO I need SUperHai for SNow Leopard?

Disabler.kext

PS/2

Sata AHCI and non AHCI

nvkush

DSDT patcher with 9 warinings 1105 but it completed and compiled fine.

So DO I need to update all the kext I listed from SuperHai site?

If I put back the APPleACPIPlatform.kext from SNo wLepard version 1.4 and change the version in the plist of MacNub to match?

SOrry about the confusion but would appreciate the help

EDITED:

Also had to put back my System.kext USB stopped working with the new System.kext snow put in

Kernel DSMEG/ SUperHai EHCISleep Enabler is not loading?

16EHCISleepEnabler is not compatible with its superclass, 12AppleUSBEHCI superclass changed?

\^[[33mFailed to load extension com.superhai.driver.EHCISleepEnabler.

\^[[0m16EHCISleepEnabler is not compatible with its superclass, 12AppleUSBEHCI superclass changed?

\^[[33mFailed to load extension com.superhai.driver.EHCISleepEnabler.

\^[[0mCouldn't alloc class "EHCISleepEnabler"

Couldn't alloc class "EHCISleepEnabler"

Another Problem:

GenericCPUPowerManagement: Generic CPU Power Management Driver 1.0 © 2008 Superhai Development Co, based on works by mercurysquad

GenericCPUPowerManagement: For internal use only. All Rights Reserved. Support and documentaion http://www.superhai.com/

VID: family specific matching fails

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

Is anyone EHCISLeepEnabler from SuperHai SNow version working for you?

Thanks for your patience and helping out.