[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

With Chrysaor's NVCAP value (04000000 00000100 06000000 00000000 00000000) I get the following:

1. QE/CI/QGL is fully supported and hardware accelerated in extended mode.

2. In mirror mode, the laptop display shuts off (I can see the mouse pointer only) and I get display on the external monitor only.

3. In mirror mode, QE is not supported in the laptop display, but is supported in the external monitor.

Can someone please confirm that this is what I am supposed to get or am I making a mistake somewhere.

I am using Nvinject 0.2.1 (not the Go version) and the laptop display is 1440x900 and the monitor can support up to 1280x*

Try this NVCAP, I haven't tested Mirror mode but it gives VGA out:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry878559

All,

This is in regards to the Sleep/Shutdown/Restart issue on Dell XPS 1530 (I've Leopard 10.5.5 with 9.5 Vanilla kernel, everything works for me except wireless and Ethernet card )

As we all know that there is no solution (yet) for shutdown/restart, we always have to press the power button to switch off the laptop after the display screen turns black (Please correct me if I'm wrong and if there is any work around available, please let me know) I'm not much concerned about "Sleep" as I hardly put laptop to sleep, I'd rather like to shutdown.

Moreover, the Laptop gets "Restart' if you select 'Sleep' from Apple menu. Also, I noticed that CPU Fan gets turned off if you 'Restart' the laptop via 'Sleep' and the Fan does not run until I switch off the laptop by pressing the power button. (Fan will start on successive Power On). Just wondering If any one else has noticed this so far ?

Initially I did not notice that CPU Fan wasn't running until I felt extreme heat at palm rest and rest of the laptop body. I immediately powered off and than switched on after a while and as said, the Fan started running. Later, I cross verified this phenomenon and concluded that the 'restart' via 'sleep' causes CPU Fan not to run.

Any comments are welcome.. Thanks

Edit: I reinstalled using the new iAtkos release and can confirm that it's an injector issue. I'm still getting terrible battery life, but on the upside the battery icon now appears every reboot. Anyone else with an M1530 on iDeneb/iAtkos 10.5.5 that's getting the same battery life as in Vista or atleast close to it?

I'm running iDeneb 10.5.5 on my M1530 and can report that the battery life in Mac is roughly the same as it is when I run XP on it. I can squeeze almost 3 hours out of it under normal usage on my 9-cell battery. The battery level icon seems to be quite accurate, and even tells me how much longer until my battery is fully charged when it's plugged back in after use (something XP won't even do :P ).

I'd also like to add that just about everything is running awesomely on it except some very minor issues (shutdown and mic not working right... and that's pretty much the worst of it). No problems with video (even running Quartz!), sound, USB, firewire, sleep, time machine, fingerprint reader, media touch controls or anything else. I will say it took a LOT of tweaking and kext installs to make that happen though, and not being extremely familiar with Macs before all this, it was a great learning experience if anything else and I now feel I'm very comfortable with the system structure of MacOS.

Hope this helped,

rAy

PS: I wouldn't have got it to work so well without this thread and all the very helpful people in it, so for that I say thanks! I also love to see the Mac vs Windows debates now knowing I can switch between both worlds with a few simple keystrokes at boot. :rolleyes:

I'm running iDeneb 10.5.5 on my M1530 and can report that the battery life in Mac is roughly the same as it is when I run XP on it. I can squeeze almost 3 hours out of it under normal usage on my 9-cell battery. The battery level icon seems to be quite accurate, and even tells me how much longer until my battery is fully charged when it's plugged back in after use (something XP won't even do ;) ).

I'm getting three hours under Vista with the six cell battery taking notes in class and browsing the web etc..., you should be getting 5+ under XP or Vista under similar conditions. What exactly constitutes normal use for you that you're only getting 60% of that? However, three hours seems to be in line with the 30-40% capaciity drop I've seen in use of OS X, so I know it's not just my laptop battery going wonky around the same time I installed Leopard.

On another note, what exactly did you have to do to get your battery meter to appear reliably? With my install under iDeneb it would only appear every other reboot using the PM.bundle from the iDeneb installer and the ACPIBattery.kext from Superhai.

I get probably 1.5 hours average under OSX with the 6 cell, genericCPU clocking ym cpu at 600mhz, lowest voltage, and close to lowest screen brightness. That figure is with the screen on about 95% of the time and me doing consistent work on it with emails, remote desktop sessions, etc.

Under Vista64 I get maybe 2-2.5 hours under the same conditions.

Taking a plane trip today and brining the godfather... crossing my fingers that I can squeze 3 hours out of this thing under vista playing a dvd with all wireless off.

I was pretty bent when I first ran down the battery after paying 1700 bucks on this thing... 2-2.5 hours is terrible and I probably wouldnt have bought this machine had I known it would be so bad.

Hi,

Yup i get the same on first boot on my inspiron 1720, i have tried a few disti`s and getting the same result. Can anyone confirm if theirs any specific bios / installer options that need to be put in place before install? I have looked about quite a bit on here but can only see posts containing success but without the config / settings.

Thanks MacGirl for the thread.

cheers,

Maybe some can help i installed iatkos v2 on my dell xps m1330 and now i want to install v5 but after the installation it hangs at the apple logo and there is a round sign with ( dont know how i should describe it my english is not perfect :D )

What does it say when you boot with "-v"?

I have been reading a lot of different ways people have installed the XPS M1530 from the iATKOS 5i 10.5.5. CAn anyone please tell me which options to choose from in the "Custom" section of the install?

I have seen mixed solutions and options chosen such as Decrypt use AppleDecrypt instead of SMBIOS. PS2 patch, Drivers, Nvidia Laptop, Intel AHCI, NFS-3G.

OHR PAtch which did not seem to help for me. When it goes to sleep it reboots using the power button or the apple sleep from menu.

No one mentioned which ACPI to choose?

Has anyone got the Ethernet marvel to work and the sound? Sound shows up on the menu bar but no sound. Its the Sigmatel 9228

My COnfiguration:

Hi Def LCD 1200x1900

8600M GS Nvidia card

Dell 1505 Wireless <<< works . CHose Broadcom in setup

SOund has the SOund Icon on the toolbar but no sound

which VGA drivers should I choose? I chose nvkush since nvinject is not working yet in 10.5.5, SHould I also choose the EFI string as well as the Nvidia laptop choices?

I have the Intel 2.6 Core 2, 45nm processor. 800MHZ FSB

Memory is 4 gigs but its 667 mhz which makes no sense to me? Dell should have provided the 800MHZ

Does anyone have what options to choose from in the iTAKOS 5i 10.5.5 Install DVD?

Please

Thanks

Maybe some can help i installed iatkos v2 on my dell xps m1330 and now i want to install v5 but after the installation it hangs at the apple logo and there is a round sign with ( dont know how i should describe it my english is not perfect :wallbash: )

If it is giving an error message related to AHCI when you boot with the -v option, then change the SATA mode in the BIOS to ATA. You will get some warnings about having to reinstall operating systems but ignore it. If OS X boots correctly, then

1. Reboot a couple of times and reset the SATA mode to AHCI and see if you can boot, sometimes this works.

2. If the above doesn't work, then go to wingrun21's instructions page and follow what is said there to repair AHCI.

Good luck.

Does anyone here have a Guide on what additional patches, drivers etc to install from the iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 dvd? For the Dell M1530.

It seems to be working but I went by some of the suggestions here and I am not sure if I chose all the correct options?

OHR did not work. There was a link a few posts up on how to fix the sleep/restart. So I took care of that.

For ACPI I have no idea what I should have chosen during the install.

Decrypter I went with the default Apple instead of DSMOS.

AHCI was kinda tricky because I might boot this drive on my D820 and D830 so I chose both SATA with no AHCI and SATA with AHCI.

FOr Network I chose Broadcom and MArvel but that MArvel did not seem to work for the MArvel on the M1530.

Nvidia I chose the graphic update and nvkush since I know this worked on the D820 and D840 with iDENEB 10.5.5. I also chose the 8600M GT 256 for the EFI.

I did not choose drivers like remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement because the new Voodoo kernel takes care of that.

I was not sure which speedstep to choose so I left both blank.

I chose the Apple Air which was a choice I already had Chameleon EFI installed before the iATKOS install but chose EFI 9. it still sais Chameleon during boot but now instead of 1.011 its now 1.012.

Does anyone have a summary of what choices to make for both the iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 and iDENEB v1.3 10.5.5 for the XPS M1530, Latitude D820 and D830.

OSX 10.5.5 is suppose to be 100% POSIX so it technically should boot up on those other laptops and so far it does. Just minor changes to Audio, and Ethernet kexts. nvkush is working for all three laptops.

Thanks

Does anyone here have a Guide on what additional patches, drivers etc to install from the iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 dvd? For the Dell M1530.

My guide should be a good starting point for you. Depending on what you chose in installation you will need: sound, video, speedstep. If you can boot then most like you already have a decrypter and IntelPowerManagement is disabled.

For ACPI I have no idea what I should have chosen during the install.

If it boots with your HD in AHCI mode then you are ok.

Decrypter I went with the default Apple instead of DSMOS.

AppleDecrypt is currently the best one of those. I'm guessing that's what you chose. You can verify this by looking in /System/Library/Extensions and see if the kext is there.

FOr Network I chose Broadcom and MArvel but that MArvel did not seem to work for the MArvel on the M1530.

Network doesn't work for either of those yet.

Nvidia I chose the graphic update and nvkush since I know this worked on the D820 and D840 with iDENEB 10.5.5. I also chose the 8600M GT 256 for the EFI.

If you get QE/CI with the proper resolution then you are fine.

I was not sure which speedstep to choose so I left both blank.

You will want Superhai's GenericCpuPowerManagement. http://www.superhai.com/darwin.html

I chose the Apple Air which was a choice I already had Chameleon EFI installed before the iATKOS install but chose EFI 9. it still sais Chameleon during boot but now instead of 1.011 its now 1.012.

Yes, netkas modified the existing Chameleon code for his v9 updates. That's a correct installation.

Does anyone have a summary of what choices to make for both the iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 and iDENEB v1.3 10.5.5 for the XPS M1530, Latitude D820 and D830.

OSX 10.5.5 is suppose to be 100% POSIX so it technically should boot up on those other laptops and so far it does. Just minor changes to Audio, and Ethernet kexts. nvkush is working for all three laptops.

M1530 you are going to want Chrysaor's sound kext, nvkush/nvinjust/whatever for graphics, GenericCpuPowerManagement for speedstep, AppleDecrypt for decryption, and you are going to need to patch your DSDT using the DSDT patcher (search for it, pcwiz just made a new GUI for it). The installs should, as you said, be virtually the same except for minor hardware tweaks on each notebook. BTW Marvel and Broadcom 59xx chips don't work in OS X.

My guide should be a good starting point for you. Depending on what you chose in installation you will need: sound, video, speedstep. If you can boot then most like you already have a decrypter and IntelPowerManagement is disabled.

If it boots with your HD in AHCI mode then you are ok.

AppleDecrypt is currently the best one of those. I'm guessing that's what you chose. You can verify this by looking in /System/Library/Extensions and see if the kext is there.

Network doesn't work for either of those yet.

If you get QE/CI with the proper resolution then you are fine.

You will want Superhai's GenericCpuPowerManagement. http://www.superhai.com/darwin.html

Yes, netkas modified the existing Chameleon code for his v9 updates. That's a correct installation.

M1530 you are going to want Chrysaor's sound kext, nvkush/nvinjust/whatever for graphics, GenericCpuPowerManagement for speedstep, AppleDecrypt for decryption, and you are going to need to patch your DSDT using the DSDT patcher (search for it, pcwiz just made a new GUI for it). The installs should, as you said, be virtually the same except for minor hardware tweaks on each notebook. BTW Marvel and Broadcom 59xx chips don't work in OS X.

Thanks I will look for those addtional downloads. I have my Ethernet working for both the D820/D830 using the BCM5751 kext modified from some thread from insanelymac. SO I have Ethernet working on both D820/D830. They use different modified BCM5751 kexts.

The M1530 is a MArvel and no one has a kext for it yet but I bet they will soon.

The Wireless is a BCM and works out of the box.

Is there a way to add an option from the Install DVD without actually re-installing?

I also read a few posts up from here you can use Xcode or OSX86 tools to get the Hardware accerlation for the NV card?

Mine sais HA for CI and Supported for QE. SO I am guessing I do nto have to use Xcode or OSX86Tools?

SOmeone mentioned To enable OPen GL QE or soemthing you need to use Xcode?

Which of these options do i choose in order to get the best first time chances of having osx run on my system:

Dell xps 1330

nvidia 8400m GS (i really need my hdmi out to be working)

Sigmatel audio

Dual boot with Vista 32

picture1ph7.png

picture3yv8.png

from reading the thread and wing's tutorial i think i need these:

Bootloader:

pc efi bootloader

x86 patches:

Decrypters:

apple decrypt

smbios drivers:

smbios efi air (i have no idea what this is for)

applesmbios netkas (i have no idea what this is for)

Kernel:

9.5.0 voodoo kernel (i dunno if this is the right kernel - i wanted it to be vanilla but i

guess i dont have a choice)

ACPI: (i have no idea what to chose for this one)

Drivers

VGA: not sure which to pick here

Nvidia:

nvinject

ATI:

none checked cuz i dont have any ati components

Intel:

none checked cuz i dont have integrated graphics

System:

SATA: not sure what to pick here

Speedstep: It seems that for me Superhai's speedstep will be best? does that mean i shouldnt check anything? or should i still check laptop battery and then install the speedstep after install?

Network: I'm f-ed i have broadcom and intel cards

Please please please help me out.

I know alot of these questions are fairly basic, and i really have read alot on this site- but still it is hard for me to make these decisions, especially on instalation. Thanks so much for all of your time.

peace

-PC EFI V9

-AppleDecrypt

-SMBIOSResolver

-Don't choose a SMBIOS for x86 -> it is not needed for the 1330

-Vanilla kernel (ie don't choose an option) will work or you can use the voodoo kernel. Your choice.

-You should be OK on ACPI with nothing chosen

-Disabler.kext

-PS/2

-nvinject

-SATA with AHCI. You also need to ensure that your HD is in AHCI mode in your BIOS (it is by default)

-GenericCPUPowerManagement (aka Superhai's SpeedStep)

You are then going to want to grab Sonotone's Dell Post Installer (link in my tutorial and on the first page of this thread) to finish off your system. That installer is labeled by system. You can also install nvinject from that installer instead of iAtkos if you want.

Please keep in mind that I'm assuming the iAtkos people haven't modified anything else behind the scenes from a retail install. I haven't personally installed iAtkos 5 since I'm running retail now but those kexts I listed are the majority of what I use on my retail system.

-PC EFI V9

-AppleDecrypt

-SMBIOSResolver

-Vanilla kernel (ie don't choose an option) will work or you can use the voodoo kernel. Your choice.

-Disabler.kext

-PS/2

-nvinject

-SATA with AHCI. You also need to ensure that your HD is in AHCI mode in your BIOS (it is by default)

You are then going to want to grab Sonotone's Dell Post Installer (link in my tutorial and on the first page of this thread) to finish off your system. That installer is labeled by system. You can also install nvinject from that installer instead of iAtkos if you want.

Please keep in mind that I'm assuming the iAtkos people haven't modified anything else behind the scenes from a retail install. I haven't personally installed iAtkos 5 since I'm running retail now but those kexts I listed are the majority of what I use on my retail system.

with this type of setup can you still do system update if your running the vanilla kernal 9.5.0 ?

-PC EFI V9

-AppleDecrypt

-SMBIOSResolver

-Disabler.kext

-PS/2

-nvinject

I thought NVINject was not working in 10.5.5 yet? I chose NVKush. I know the NVInject Mobile for my other two laptops the D820/D830 does not work unless NVINject was updated recently? Maybe NVInject works on the 1330/1530 Laptops?

DO you still have to apply the fix on SuperHai's site? SOme script you have to add to the EHCI to stop sleep from restarting the Laptop?

Last Question. Can I choose both SATA with AHCI and the Option without? Reason is, the D820 does not have SATA and the D830/M1530 does. CAn I choose both options?

Does SOnotone have a post installer for the M1530, D820 and D830?

What does his post installer do? Which Kexts does it update?

SOrry about all the questions.

Thanks for answering them

-PC EFI V9

-AppleDecrypt

-SMBIOSResolver

-Disabler.kext

-PS/2

-nvinject

Also you mentioned to me about the DSDT Patcher? You don't need that in the M1330 only in the M1530?