MacWorld 08: There's Something in the Air

Takuro

51 posts in this topic

Also I saw wireless charging in a forum somewhere... That would be... No words... cool.

:) You ARE kidding right? "Hey son, don't walk between here and my office right now, my iphone is charging... ZAP!"... Down goes my 8 year old son from the shock of electricity that magically streams to my phone from my hackint0sh... durrrr. :)

"Hey son, don't walk between here and my office right now, my iphone is charging... ZAP!"

:)

This is actually old technology and it would be cool to see it come to the Apple line. Basically you have something like a thin foam pad that you put on your desk. When you want to charge the unit you simply place it on the pad and it automatically starts charging. No wires to connect. Nothing to plug in. Very user friendly and would be very "Apple-ish" :)

If you look real closely to the Macword Poster in the first post above the word "There's" there is another "There's" which is smaller and is black.

I was just talking to someone about this and they brought up a good point. When Apple says 'there is something IN the air' they could be talking literally about something in the air - like satellites. Apple is famous for opening new markets and currently GPS devices are the biggest growing electronics segment, up 488% from last year alone. What if Apple was coming out with some type of a hand held GPS unit that does more than just GPS... There were rumors last year about a PDA sized device coming out. Could this be that device...? ahhh... I'm getting that 'It's Christmas Eve' feeling all over again :rolleyes:

Did anyone notice the tiny "There's" above the "There's" in "There's Something in the Air"?
Eh? :D
Are you stoned? There's nothing there.

It's there, really. Ctrl and scroll. The middle of some LCD monitors (no idea about CRT) aren't able to see it.

Here is the picture with the contrast lowered a little bit.

8b5c4qw.png

There were rumors last year about a PDA sized device coming out.

an iPhone?

Also that second 'there's' is a good find, nice eyes. However, I don't think that that is in the actual posters. I don't see a second 'there's' in any of the Macworld posters.

macworld-banner-3.jpg

Well it is now the 15th here in NZ and still no 10.5.2 update here although I think Apple time zone is 20 hrs behind us

Cant comment on the posters I did see the there's in black is it photoshop magic a reflection or really there

Could it be that everything will be wireless including HDMI monitors keyboards mouses and printers are already wireless as well as internet/LAN so why not wireless monitors (or do they already have them )

I take that back, good find. And yea there will be an update, Apple is gonna release after the Stevenote, not on the 15th. Jobs has to talk about it before it's released or else everyone will know that it's most definitely part of the Stevenote. Strategics much guys?

an iPhone?

A 3G iPhone will be on the shelves by 5/08.

...they will announce the introduction of a very cool Mac mini Laptop that syncs with your desktop computer by simply sliding it into a special compartment on the side of a upcoming iMac? Apple recently patented this very concept... We'll know for sure just as soon as Steve says "oh yeah, one more thing..." :thumbsup_anim:

I know there is a keynote on Apple website in the afternoon but is there one during the event? Realtime?

Thanks.

No I don't think so. There will be live transcripts though on some of the more popular mac news sites.