P5K-SE - Retail Leopard Instalation

Jimmy Mallmann

1,037 posts in this topic

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I installed everything like in tutorial but audio doesn't work. I have P5K WS mobo with ALC883. I've repeated instalation of P5K-SE_10.5.6 but still NO SOUND. In System preferences>Sound>Output - No output devices found. In System profiler>Audio (Built In) I have Intel High Definition Audio and below Available Devices is BLANK.

Hey Jimmy,

Thanks for all your help...

I finally have 100% Working Leopard 10.5.6

Everything's working Restart, Shutdown, Sleep... Network... Audio you name it... :)

There was problem with installin Kexts but i used Kext Helper which worked like charm.

Chameleon, Pc EFI v9 and all others out there didnt work. Well i dont have any complains i m just using a 4GB Flash drive to boot since i dnt use it anymore.

So all perfect. Wouldnt be possibe without your help n other guy out ther with same as my MoBo Slipttees.

Cheers... :) One more happy Member Added to Successful Vanila Install List.

Ok, clean your /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

use

" sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist "

edit untill you have something like this

to cut the lines (control + k)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>None</string>

</dict>

</plist>

save and close the file (control + o / control + x)

now install pc efi v9 again... and your vga efi string also, using universall installer

remember to copy universall installer to your hard disk

reboot, and test!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I installed everything like in tutorial but audio doesn't work. I have P5K WS mobo with ALC883. I've repeated instalation of P5K-SE_10.5.6 but still NO SOUND. In System preferences>Sound>Output - No output devices found. In System profiler>Audio (Built In) I have Intel High Definition Audio and below Available Devices is BLANK.

Try this...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/drve1b

Anyone had any luck getting a dual display setup?

I've connected two monitors, opened System Preferences -> Display and clicked "Detect Displays".

The second monitor seems to come out of a sleep state ( light turns from yellow to green ) and indicates that it is receiving input from the DVI cable.

The mac never indicates that it detected a second monitor and the monitor list does not include an entry for the second monitor.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. Your hint to fix my dual display put me on the right track. Eventually downloaded NVinject from here: http://nvinject.free.fr/downloads.php

and followed the instructions. Only confusing part was where the instructions say:

Use NVinject permissions command script to set correct permissions to NVinject extension

The NVinject permissions command script is a separate download that is listed at the bottom of the page. Couldn't find this for a while and after reboot you'll get an error message indicating that the driver was installed incorrectly. After I located and ran the script, a reboot had bot monitors working as a single large display.

Thanks for all your help!

Hi Jimmy,

thank you for excellent tutorial, i found it very usefull, i have tried before with hackintosh versions such ideneb or iaktos but a think this is better.

My hardware:

ASUS PK5-SE/EPU

INTEL CORE 2 QUAD 8200

6 GB. RAM DDR2/800 KINGSTON

HD 500 GB. SATA 2

NVIDIA GFORCE 8500 GT 512 MB.

STANDARD CASE with 550 VA power supply

I must say that it wasn´t too easy but following this tutorial and reading-testing i could get a good result though i still can´t get to work the video resolution ( is in 1024x768 only) and i wonder if is there a way to restart the computer without the 123 boot cd ?

Thanks!!!!!!

Hello Jimmy : Many thanks for your job. All for me is ok but not the video player. I have this message when i launch DVD Player : " dvd player (inizialization error no playback device found error -7100) " Please can you help me if possible ? I have try your method like this :

BOOT WITH BOOT 123 DVD : OK

THEN REPLACE IT WITH THE DE RETAIL LEOPARD 10.5.6 DVD, PRESS ENTER, AND PRESS ENTER AGAIN, LET IT LOAD, AFTER BOOTING CHOOSE THE LANGUAGE TO USE : OK

BEFORE INSTALLING, YOU SHOULD SET UP YOUR HARD DISK PARTITION AS GUID OK

IN THE INSTALATION OPTIONS SELECT/DESELECT THE ITEMS YOU NEED/NOT NEED : OK

PROBABLY YOU WILL HAVE AN INSTALATION ERROR IN THE END, IGNORE IT! AND REBOOT : OK but NOT ERROR

BOOT WITH THE BOOT 123 DVD FOR P5K MOBOS AGAIN! : OK

PRESS " F8 ", THEN " ESC " AND NOW YOU WILL TYPE A NUMBER FOR THE HARD DISK YOU HAVE INSTALLED MAC OS X IN, FOR THE FIRST HARD DISK TYPE " 80 ", FOR THE SECOND HARD DISK TYPE " 81 " AND PRESS ENTER.. IT WILL BOOT MAC OS X IN RETAIL MODE : OK

YOU WILL SEE THE FANCY VIDEO FROM APPLE : NO VIDEO

CONFIGURE YOUR ACCOUNT : OK

AFTER THAT, YOU NEED TO RUN THE UNIVERSAL OSx86 INSTALLER " UInstaller.app "

CHOOSE THE HARD DRIVE TO APPLY TO: OK

SET THE BOOT TIME THING.. (ONLY IF YOU NEED) NOT CHOOSE

SET NATIVE BOOT RESOLUTION.. (MINE IS 1440 X 900) OK

CHECK THE INSTALL PC_EFI_V9 OPTION... (NECESSARY, VERY!) OK

APPLY ETHERNET EFI STRING.. (ONLY IF YOU NEED) OK

APPLY EFI STRING FOR VIDEO CARD (SELECT YOURS) OK forme NVIDIA 8500 GT 256 Mo

INSTALL THE P5K FAMILY KEXTS, RUN THE P5K-SE INSTALLER AND REBOOT : OK BUT WITH THE BOOT 123 CD/DVD

Here is my configuration :

MotherBoard = ASUS P5K Bios NOT modified

NIC (Onboard) = Attansic L1 Ethernet (ok)

Wireless = not tested

BlueTooth = not tested

Processor = IntelCore 2 Duo E6550 @ 2,333GHz (ok)

Memory = 4x Corsair 1 Go DDR2 800MHz (ok)

Graphics = PNY Nvidia 8500 GT 256Mo DDR3 (ok)

Display = Samsung SyncMaster T190 (ok)

Hard Disk 1 = SATA II : Windows vista (ok)

Hard Disk 2 = SATA II : Leo Retail 10.56 (ok)

DVD+RW = LG SATA II (ok)

Mouse = Mighty Mouse (ok)

Keyboard = Apple Keyboard (ok)

Please help me !!

Hi, just like to say that this is a great thread! Very useful information.

I'm going to be installing on my:

P5K-E motherboard

Intel Q6600 processor

GeForce 7300GT video card

2GB ram

SATA HD and DVD drive

Retail Leopard 10.5.0

Before finding this thread I used instructions from here: http://menoob.com/2008/09/04/hackintosh-in...il-dvd-on-a-pc/ which suggest using boot 132 generic ISO. These instructions worked for me but it doesn't recognize my network card and I'm not confident that it recognizes my 4 processors (when I go "about this mac" it just says processor unknown).

So I'm going to retry with your instructions. But some quick questions first:

1. The link for the KEXTS PACK INSTALLER is broken.

2. The link in your original post for your onboard NIC is broken

3. On the OSx86 wiki it says that my video card is supported using nvinject. Do I use nvinject after following all of your instructions?

Thanks for any help! I'll let you know how it goes.

Is the kexts pack installer in the attachments (P5K_SE_10.5.6.zip) to your very first post or is it in the link that says "You will need: kexts pack installer (link)"? I can download this attachment (I'm not sure what it is though) but the link next to "kexts pack installer" redirects me to the front page of insanelymac.com...I am logged in though. Weird.

No, I have just tested the links, you must be logged in to download them.

Aha! Ok, I got the files. The problem is that some of the links refer to "forum.insanelymac.com/..." when they should refer to "www.insanelymac.com/forum..."

So I'm up and running but the system doesn't seem to recognize my onboard network card. I tried installing the "Attansic L1 Ethernet" file but that didn't work. Any ideas?

I'm running a P5K-E/WIFI-AP motherboard. On the OSx86 wiki it says for this motherboard that I should be using Lan=marvel88e8056. What does this mean?

PC EFI v9 should have fixed that, and use the AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext in the /System/Library/Extensions folder, not in the /Extra...

If you already did that I don´t know what the problem is...

Ok, I solved my ps2 keyboard by using pcwiz's pack. But I have another problem: Although I installed kext pack, I can't shutdown or restart completely. Can anyone solve my problem?

Hey JM

Thanks for a great guide on getting a stable OSX86 install.

Currently I have a "pieced together 10.5.6 install that started out as an original Kalyway's"

Despite all the Fixes, patches etc - I still have don't have proper Shutdown or sleep. Restart mostly works but sometimes causes a kernel panic. (mostly because of bad combo of MBR partition scheme and JMicron I assume)

So......

I'm going to wipe the whole thing and try your method.

I have a P5K-E Wifi-AP.

I'm assuming that instead of installing the P5K-SE kext pack - I just use the Uinstaller to first install the OSX86 essentials, and then install the P5K-E wifi-AP kexts pack that I downloaded with the Uinstaller ?

Also - without worrying too much about sleep - this method will give me 100 % stable system with shutdown and restart?

I also read somewhere here that the Realtek (USB / ethernet) wifi drivers cause system instability.

Would you know anything about this?

So many questions B)

Cheers

Well i have made a cdboot with :

ACPIPS2Nub.kext

AppleDecrypt.kext

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

ApplePS2Mouse.kext

ApplePS2Trackpad.kext

AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext

AppleVIAATA.kext

AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

Disabler.kext

HDAEnabler.kext

IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

JMicronATA.kext

LegacyAppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

SMBIOSEnabler.kext

For my P5K nvidia 8500GT with the method of the great Jimmy and with the retail 10.56 and QE/CI and ethernet, audio, and DVD app etc are all working. I Proceed the little update after 10.56 and i am testing.

But a little question for Jimmy if i have a retail 10.56 installation is last item 8 obligatory or not ? (the last point aka number 8 : 8- INSTALL THE P5K FAMILY KEXTS, RUN THE P5K-SE INSTALLER)

Thanks

Hey JM

Thanks for a great guide on getting a stable OSX86 install.

Currently I have a "pieced together 10.5.6 install that started out as an original Kalyway's"

Despite all the Fixes, patches etc - I still have don't have proper Shutdown or sleep. Restart mostly works but sometimes causes a kernel panic. (mostly because of bad combo of MBR partition scheme and JMicron I assume)

So......

I'm going to wipe the whole thing and try your method.

I have a P5K-E Wifi-AP.

I'm assuming that instead of installing the P5K-SE kext pack - I just use the Uinstaller to first install the OSX86 essentials, and then install the P5K-E wifi-AP kexts pack that I downloaded with the Uinstaller ?

Also - without worrying too much about sleep - this method will give me 100 % stable system with shutdown and restart?

I also read somewhere here that the Realtek (USB / ethernet) wifi drivers cause system instability.

Would you know anything about this?

Apply the pkg, then your kexts

shutdown/restart should work with pc efi v9 and the smbios efi enabler

So many questions :)

Cheers

Yes, the installer "pkg" has the kexts you need..

Well i have made a cdboot with :

ACPIPS2Nub.kext

AppleDecrypt.kext

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

ApplePS2Mouse.kext

ApplePS2Trackpad.kext

AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext

AppleVIAATA.kext

AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

Disabler.kext

HDAEnabler.kext

IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

JMicronATA.kext

LegacyAppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

SMBIOSEnabler.kext

For my P5K nvidia 8500GT with the method of the great Jimmy and with the retail 10.56 and QE/CI and ethernet, audio, and DVD app etc are all working. I Proceed the little update after 10.56 and i am testing.

But a little question for Jimmy if i have a retail 10.56 installation is last item 8 obligatory or not ? (the last point aka number 8 : 8- INSTALL THE P5K FAMILY KEXTS, RUN THE P5K-SE INSTALLER)

Thanks

Yes, the installer "pkg" has the kexts you need..

Thanks JM - went ahead anyway as it seems logical and worked.

wondering if you gave up on the "Sleep" issue or if the USB 2.0 solution worked for you ?

Also, when I use a combination of hex dump for my graphics card and chose the efi Time Machine fix - I lose my GFX string and just get the time machine fix - is there a trick to this or probably better off doing the Nic and GFX manually from plist and back to hex?

EDIT: never mind - imported GFX string as plist and it worked.

Thanks again - GREAT tutorial, really helped