P5K-SE - Retail Leopard Instalation

Jimmy Mallmann

1,037 posts in this topic

;) Well, you are using a patched version of the installer, that may be the cause, try installing the retail...

I install de iPC version with the all the instrutions in the topic, bug my chat programs, like ichat and adium disconect all the time, some one know whats is the problem?

Jimmy (or anyone else) - Do you know if the p5k series eSATA ports (J-Micron) are powered? I have an eSATA thumb drive and it needs power from the port, but it's not getting any. If I connect it my USB it gets power, but does not mount. My eSATA hard drives work just fine.

Hi, ignore the error, that msg is shown because there is no .plist :blink: The plist it reffers to is a configuration file for booting parameters (-v -x -s cpus=xx, etc..) .

Ignore it and proceed to installation

Hi, Thanks a lot for your response,

The problem is :as i said below when i push the esc button i have this message (....plist not found), i remplace the dvd boot by the retail and press enter but nothing happened just the message : .......plist not found. I try to press enter many times but nothing happened.

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Yo

Yes, it is, kext is included in the pack :) It uses the same controller as IDE devices

Give it a try!

Hi!

Did you follow this procedure?

1. BOOT WITH BOOT 123 DVD
  2. AFTER LOADING, PRESS "ESC" (you´ll see a msg for booting, or give a number or press enter for the default loader that is the DVD )
  3. REPLACE IT WITH THE DE RETAIL LEOPARD 10.5 DVD, WAIT SOME SECONDS AND PRESS ENTER
  4. PRESS ENTER AGAIN, LET IT LOAD

If you cannot boot, post the complete message, sorry but you should write it to a paper and post it here. ;)

Yes, it is, kext is included in the pack :) It uses the same controller as IDE devices

OK, it sounds like I might have an issue with the thumb drive, then, because it does not show up, even in Disk Utility.

I also have "jumpy mouse syndrome", where my mouse jumps a couple of centimeters every two seconds or so. I've seen other reports of it here on the forums, but no solution. Anyone else have this? I'm using an Apple Pro keyboard (grey with black keys, circa 1998) and the Mighty Mouse is connected to it.

Read the FAQ, the link to the solution is there, quicktime is the problem, get pacifist, and an older version of quicktime.

@cave man

do you have the mouse-problem while playing music in itunes ?

I´ll check if your ide controller is the same as I have here...

OK, it sounds like I might have an issue with the thumb drive, then, because it does not show up, even in Disk Utility.

I also have "jumpy mouse syndrome", where my mouse jumps a couple of centimeters every two seconds or so. I've seen other reports of it here on the forums, but no solution. Anyone else have this? I'm using an Apple Pro keyboard (grey with black keys, circa 1998) and the Mighty Mouse is connected to it.

hi,

I found an another cd boot for pk5, i tried it and it works.

I updated the system to 10,5,6 : no problem but my graphic card has a problem : quartz extrem is not active. (when i install uinstaller i choose gf 7800gtx 256mo)

Any ideas ?

Best regards,

Yo

Choose "custom geforce" in the vga list (Universal Installer)

But before that, remove the lines

________

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>yourvgastringfullof0000</string>

________

in the " /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist "

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

use "control + k" to remove both lines

"control + o" to save

"control + x" to exit

Yo

OK, thanks. I just copied 7.5.5 QuickTimeComponents.components from another mac and the problem is resolved. The Apple TV still syncs with iTunes, so hopefully nothing is broken. Have there been any documented side effects of replacing 7.6 with 7.5.5?

Hey Jimmy,

Tried 4 help everywhere... thought u would help. Please.

Sorry for such long post just wanned to be as clear as possible....

I have a MacBook and now i'm addicted to Leopard. I want to install Leopard even on my PC.

I tried booting with Generic.iso it gave some iso linux checksum error. then i switched to

BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso this one did the Job till taking me to the screen where it say's "boot:_"

Here i hit "Esc" and swapped with my Leopard Disc n waited for a while then when i entered "ef" and hit enter where it said Hexadecimal value.... it took me back to "boot:_" here i typed "-v" and hit Enter. But it takes me back to the same screen where it says Enter the Hexa Decimal Value:

This loop continues i am unable to get to the installation.

I thought this was problem with my IDE DVD Drive and bought a new SATA DVD Drive but no luck...

PLEASE HELP ME OUT.... I've posted below the pics of my PC Screen along with BIOS Screen.

Below are is my Config:

MoBo: Intel DG35EC

Processor: Intel core2duo 2.53ghz

Ram: 2 GB

HD Drive: Seagate 400 GB (SATA)

DVD Drive: LG DVD RW (SATA)

BTW i've removed IDE Drive out of my PC. Now ther is only SATA DVD Drive connected.

**** This is where i entered the Hexadecimal value as "ef" after swapping the Boot CD with Leo DVD

36454654hd8.jpg

w800.png

**** This is where i entered -v for "boot:_"

64525108ds8.jpg

By lev212

**** And again it takes me back to... this continues no matter how many Times i repeat the steps...

63466714ph4.jpg

By lev212

**** Instead of "ef" if i type "80" which is showin as my Hard Drive. It shows the below part.

95573710ur5.jpg

By lev212

**** Here if i select first option its booting back to my OS Vista... if i select rest of two its shwng Ctrl+Aly+Del to restart.

And Below are my BIOS Settings...

42776520fb3.jpg

By lev212

85154099tx7.jpg

By lev212

95171862tm0.jpg

By lev212

And i am sure this mother Board is compatible coz ther's other guy here on forum named Sliptees who has the same Mobo. I tried with him but no response from his side.

Your are the only one to help please....

Thnx in Advance....

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

ASUS P5K-SE - Leopard 10.5.6 (updated 02-04-2009)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

MY HACKINTOSH :P

MotherBoard = ASUS P5K-SE (fully working) (ok)

NIC (Onboard) = Attansic L1 Ethernet (ok)

Wireless = D-Link DWL-G520 (ok)

BlueTooth = Usb Bluetooth Linksys USBBT100 (ok)

Processor = Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.5 GHZ (ok)

CPU Cooler = Thermaltake V1 CPU Cooler (ok)

Memory = 4x Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 MHZ 1024 MB (ok)

Graphics = XFX Geforce 9800GTX+ 512 MB GDDR3 (ok)

Display = 20" Apple Cinema Display (M9177LL/A) (ok)

Hard Disk = 2X SAMSUNG SATA II 500 GB 32MB Cache (ok)

DVD+RW = 2X SATA PIONEER (ok)

Mouse = Mighty Mouse Wired (MB112LL/A) (ok)

Keyboard = Apple Wired Aluminum Keyboard (MB110LLA) (ok)

PROS :(

• WORKS WITH OTHER P5K MOBOS (P35 & ICH9 CHIPSETS)
  • THE RETAIL SYSTEM IS FASTER THAN THE ONES YOU GET BY USING PATCHED VERSIONS.. (KALYWAY, IDENEB, IAKTOS...)
  • THE UPDATE PROCEDURE IS EASIER, USING SYSTEM UPDATE
  • THE SHUTDOWN FEATURE WORKS 100%

CONS :(

• NOT IN ONE DVD INSTALL, YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING FIRST
  • NEED TO FOLLOW SOME PROCEDURES, BY THE BOOK
  • NEED TO GET AND BURN A DUAL LAYER DVD (FOR THE RETAIL VERSION DVD)

YOU WILL NEED:

1. SERIAL ATA (S-ATA) DVD DRIVE :D
  2. BOOT 123 CD IMAGE - P5K CLASS MOBO :P (link)
  3. INSTALATION DVD - OS X Leopard 10.5 FINAL Retail (search in www.mininova.org) BitTorent? What is BitTorrent? :gun:
  4. MAC OS X 10.5.6 COMBO UPDATE (link)
  5. KEXTS PACK INSTALLER (link)
  6. UNIVERSAL OSx86 INSTALLER (link)
  7. DSDT Patcher GUI (link)

BEFORE STARTING, CHECK YOUR VIDEO CARD COMPATIBILITY!!! (link)

ALSO READING THE FAQ SHOULD BRING SOME LIGHT ON!!!

SO, LET´S START... :(

1- DOWNLOAD "EVERYTHING" FIRST

• BURN THE BOOT 123 FOR P5K MOBOS CD FIRST (USE TOAST TITANIUM OR NERO, DO NOT USE DISK UTILITY)...
  • BURN THE INSTALATION DVD WITH NERO BURNING ROOM, TOAST TITANIUM OR WHATHEVER.. ;)
  • COPY THE NECESSARY FILES TO A CD, DVD OR PENDRIVE!

2- BOOT WITH BOOT 123 DVD, AFTER LOADING, PRESS "ESC" THEN REPLACE IT WITH THE DE RETAIL LEOPARD 10.5 DVD, PRESS ENTER, AND PRESS ENTER AGAIN, LET IT LOAD, AFTER BOOTING CHOOSE THE LANGUAGE TO USE, BLA, BLA, BLA!

BEFORE INSTALLING, YOU SHOULD SET UP YOUR HARD DISK PARTITION AS GUID, SELECT THE WHOLE DISK, IN OPTIONS YOU´LL SEE GUID, MBR, ETC..., CHOOSE GUID, AND GIVE IT A NAME!

3- IN THE INSTALATION OPTIONS SELECT/DESELECT THE ITEMS YOU NEED/NOT NEED

4- PROBABLY YOU WILL HAVE AN INSTALATION ERROR IN THE END, IGNORE IT! AND REBOOT

5 - BOOT WITH THE BOOT 123 DVD FOR P5K MOBOS AGAIN! PRESS ESC AFTER LOADING, AND NOW YOU WILL TYPE A NUMBER FOR THE HARD DISK YOU HAVE INSTALLED MAC OS X IN, FOR THE FIRST HARD DISK TYPE " 80 ", FOR THE SECON HARD DISK TYPE " 81 " AND PRESS ENTER.. IT WILL BOOT MAC OS X IN RETAIL MODE.

6- YOU WILL SEE THE FANCY VIDEO FROM APPLE, CONFIGURE YOUR ACCOUNT, BLA, BLA, BLA...

7- NOW RUN THE MAC OS 10.5.6 COMBO UPDATE, AND INSTALL IT! DO NOT REBOOT YET! -_-

8- RUN THE DSDT Patcher GUI, SELECT MAC OS X, THEN THE BOOT DEVICE, AND CLICK RUN DSDT Patcher

9- AFTER THAT, YOU NEED TO RUN THE UNIVERSAL OSx86 INSTALLER " UInstaller.app "

• CHOOSE THE HARD DRIVE TO APPLY TO:
  • SET THE BOOT TIME THING.. (ONLY IF YOU NEED)
  • SET NATIVE BOOT RESOLUTION.. (MINE IS 1440 X 900)
  • CHECK THE INSTALL PC_EFI_V9 OPTION... (NECESSARY, VERY!)
  • APPLY ETHERNET EFI STRING....
  • APPLY EFI STRING FOR VIDEO CARD (SELECT YOURS)

10- INSTALL CUSCOM KEXTS FROM HD, RUN THE P5K-SE INSTALLER (link) AND REBOOT WITHOUT THE BOOT 123 CD/DVD!

*NOTE 1:IF YOU WANT SLEEP TO WORK, TRY THIS SOLUTION (link)

*NOTE 2:IF YOU ENABLE SLEEP, BE AWARE THAT LAN (ATTANSIC) WILL NOT WORK RIGHT AFTER IT, TO DO SO, OPEN THE TERMINAL AND TYPE " attansic " TO REENABLE IT! :angel:

11- AS A FINAL STEP, YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO SELECT "LINE OUT" IN THE SOUND PREFERENCES LOCATED IN THE SYSTEM PREFERENCES :(

NOW YOU SHOULD HAVE A FULLY WORKING SYSTEM, OF COURSE, IF YOU HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BY THE BOOK... TRY NOT TO MESS THINGS UP! :gun:

FOR OTHER P5K CLASS MOBOS...

AUDIO

• P5K-SE, P5K, P5K PRO, P5K SE/EPU, P5K WS, P5K/EPU, P5KC & P5KR (ALC883 INCLUDED IN THE P5K-SE.ZIP AND INSTALLER)
  • P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP, P5K Premium/WiFi-AP, P5K3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP, P5K3 Premium/WiFi-AP, P5K-E & P5K-E/WIFI-AP USE ADI® AD1988B 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC (link)

WIRELESS

• P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP (link) *NOTE 3:IT CONNECTS USING ITS OWN APP, NOT USING AIRPORT UTILITY!

KEYBOARD LAYOUTS

• BRAZILIAN ABNT2 KEYBOARD (link)
  • USINTERNATIONAL KEYBOARD LAYOUT (link)
  • LATIN AMERICAN KEYBOARD LAYOUT (link)

KEXTS INCLUDED IN THE INSTALLER

• ACPIPS2Nub.kext
  • AppleDecrypt.kext
  • AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
  • ApplePS2Controller.kext
  • AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext
  • AppleVIAATA.kext
  • AttansicL1Ethernet.kext
  • Disabler.kext
  • HDAEnabler.kext
  • LegacyAppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext
  • OpenHaltRestart.kext

FAQ (YES, FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)

Q: I HAVE A "STILL WAITING FOR BOOT DEVICE" MESSAGE, WHAT IS THAT?

A: YOU ARE TRYING TO BOOT USING AN IDE DVD THAT IS NOT SUPPORTED, USE A S-ATA DVD!

Q: CAN I USE AN IDE DVD?

A: YOU MAY TRY, IF YOU ARE LUCKY! BUT PREFER TO USE A S-ATA DVD.

Q: WHAT APPLICATION DO I USE TO BURN THE BOOT123 ISO?

A: I SUGGEST TOAST TITANIUM, OR NERO BURNING ROM. DISK UTILITY WILL NOT WORK.

Q: I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY NVIDIA GEFORCE 8XXXGS, WHY?

A: NOT SURE WHY, BUT THEY SOMETIMES NEED SOME MANUAL WORKAROUND.

Q: CAN I USE BOOT 123 METHOD IN MY "NOTEBOOK/OTHER MOBO"?

A: I HAVE NO IDEA! SEARCH INSANELYMAC FORUM FOR OTHER MOBOS AND NOTEBOOKS HOW-TOS AND LOOK HERE FOR NOTEBOOKS (link) AND HERE FOR HARDWARE COMPONENTS (link).

Q: CAN I DUAL BOOT WITH VISTA?

A: I DO NOT USE WINDOWS® STUFF, BUT I KNOW PEOPLE DO THAT, SEARCH THE FORUM FOR A HOW-TO. BY THE WAY! WINDOWS XP ® WILL NOT INSTALL IF THERE IS A GUID PARTITION IN ANY HD CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER.

Q: DOES TIME MACHINE WORK?

A: IT WORKS FOR ME, BUT I AM NOT SURE IT WILL WORK WITH BACKUPS MADE BY MODDED SYSTEMS, COPY THE FILES MANUALY IF YOU NEED, NOT SYSTEM FILES.

Q: WHY USE GUID INSTEAD OF MBR?

A: THE RETAIL INSTALLATION DVD DOES NOT INSTALL IN MBR PARTITIONS AT ALL.

Q: MY FIREFOX/SAFARI DOES NOT OPEN QUICKTIME MOVIES ANYMORE, WHY?

A: QUICKTIME BUG, GET THE "ConsertaFirefoxQuicktime.zip" AND "ConsertaQTSafari.zip" HERE (link).

Q: IS THERE ANY WAY OF CHANGING FOLDER ICONS?

A: THAT SEEM VERY USELESS, BUT TRY HERE (link) AND HERE FOR CONVERTING ICNS TO PNG (link)

Q: MY MARVELL 88E8056 ETHERNET CONTROLLER DOES NOT WORK, WHY?

A: THE VANILLA .PLIST DOES NOT HAVE YOUR HARDWARE ID, SO GET THIS PATCHED KEXT (link). OR DO IT MANUALLY (link).

Q: WHY DO I HAVE A MOUSE LAG WHILE USING QUICKTIME/ITUNES?

A: QUICKTIME BUG, AGAIN! FIX POSTED HERE (link).

CHANGELOG:

12-21-2008

• ALC883 WORKING KEXTS ARE INCLUDED IN THE PACK, NO NEED FOR PATCH; :D

• KEXTS HAVE AN INSTALLER OF IT´S OWN; :D

• REMOVED THE "EHCISleepEnabler.kext", I GAVE UP SLEEP, IT IS TROUBLING; :(

• ADDED THIS CHANGELOG. :P

12-23-2008

• AFTER INTALL, YOU´LL NEED TO SELECT "LINE OUT" IN SOUND PREFERENCES PANE.

12-27-2008

• ADDED THE WIRELESS INSTALLER LINK FOR P5K DELUXE WIFI.

01-02-2009

• THE P5KFamily.iso NOW SUPPORTS IDE DEVICES FOR INTALLATION;
  • UPDATED THE P5KFAMILY.ISO (NOW BASED IN THE ORIGINAL BOOT123 PROJETC ISO).

01-10-2009

• SLEEP GIVE-A-TRY FAILLED, BACK TO THE NON SLEEP SYSTEM (I REALLY DO NO USE IT THOUGH);
  • ADDED LINKS FOR SOME KEYBOARD LAYOUTS.

01-14-2009

• ADDED A NOTE (*NOTE3) FOR P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP users;
  • ADVICE USERS TO USE S-ATA DVD DRIVE FOR INTALATION;
  • ADDED A FAQ.

01-27-2009

• ADDED SOME OTHER FAQ (DO NOT BLAME ME, YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW MANY PEOPLE ASK SUCH THINGS EVERY WEEK);
  • SPELL CHECK!. :P

02-1-2009

• ADDED A LINK FOR MOUSE LAG FIX;
  • ADDED A LINK FOR MARVEL ONBOARD LINK.

ENJOY YOUR MAC OS X LEOPARD 10.5.6 ;) AND BUY AN ORIGINAL RETAIL COPY

C YA!

Below are is my Config:

MoBo: Intel DG35EC

Processor: Intel core2duo 2.53ghz

Ram: 2 GB

HD Drive: Seagate 400 GB (SATA)

DVD Drive: LG DVD RW (SATA)

BTW i've removed IDE Drive out of my PC. Now ther is only SATA DVD Drive connected.

It looks like your mobo is (mostly) supported by the Kalyway 10.5.2 Installer, according to the HCL. Have you given that a try?

hello Jimmy,

This tips didn't works for my case.

Do i need to create a modded efistring for my graphic card

Thanks you.

Yo.

Choose "custom geforce" in the vga list (Universal Installer)

But before that, remove the lines

________

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>yourvgastringfullof0000</string>

________

in the " /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist "

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

use "control + k" to remove both lines

"control + o" to save

"control + x" to exit

Man, that post was long! :wacko:

But the answer is short!

Your Boot123 iso can be found here (link)

GMA X3500 (link)

Intel 82566DC (link)

For your ALC888S Audio, get applehdapatcher 1.20 here (link), and finde your codec dump here (link), If not working, get Azalia.

There is a topic for your mobo here (link) There you may find the kexts you need and a howto B)

Hi Jimmy,

My VGA card works perfectely in an another partition on Kalyway 10.5.2 using Natit.

I try Natit on these osx86 retail instal but no succes.

Yo.

Well, the instructions I gave you is for a modded efi, give it a try again! If not, check your VGA.

Well, efi strings should work for you, as last resource, you may try injectors like nvinject... but preffer efi strings

Hi Jimmy,

My VGA card works perfectely in an another partition on Kalyway 10.5.2 using Natit.

I try Natit on these osx86 retail instal but no succes.

Yo.

Hey Jimmy,

Thanks for tht Quick Response... got all the info, Needed now i just have to try tht out today after work.

All i want is to get to that Installation screen. If this works nothing will be Macicious :rolleyes: thn tht for me,

Anyway thnx and i will post the results again in short time... n if something goes wrong i will be back for ur help again ;)

Man, that post was long! :)

But the answer is short!

GMA X3500 (link)

Intel 82566DC (link)

For your ALC888S Audio, get applehdapatcher 1.20 here (link), and finde your codec dump here (link), If not working, get Azalia.

There is a topic for your mobo here (link) There you may find the kexts you need and a howto :)

Man, that post was long! :D

But the answer is short!

GMA X3500 (link)

Intel 82566DC (link)

There is a topic for your mobo here (link) There you may find the kexts you need and a howto :P

Hello Jimmy!

I got the same problem as flock44!

I can't get to the installation screen. Just a never ending return to the boot loader, but no installation screen.

I have the following chipset: Intel PM45 + ICH9M

And here is the whole hardware of my notebook Samsung R510:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 2,0 GHz 667 MHz FSB 2 MB Cache

2 x 2048 MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS (512 MB)

320 GB SATA

REALTEK ALC262

Do you think I need a modified bootloader?

Hope you can help me!

Thank you vermy much in advance!

Well, there is a list of ISOs Here (link) Choose one that best fits your mobo, if you can boot, fine, you´ll do the rest -_-

By the way, how many machines are you setting?

Good luck!

Many thanks for your reply! I didn't knoe anything about that list. I'll chek them out and if I got problemy, I will post them here. :(

By the way, how many machines are you setting?

Dou you mean how many hackintosh machines I have? One AMD-PC (works fine with iDeneb) and that Notebook I can't realy get to work.

Was that your question?

Many thanks for your reply! I didn't knoe anything about that list. I'll chek them out and if I got problemy, I will post them here. :(

Dou you mean how many hackintosh machines I have? One AMD-PC (works fine with iDeneb) and that Notebook I can't realy get to work.

Was that your question?

I just downloaded the bootloader for Intel DP35DP_ISO (P35 Chipset), thought it's the nearest to my Intel PM45.

But again, no luck. Same problem as with the other bootloaders.

Any idea what I could try at next?