P5K-SE - Retail Leopard Instalation

Jimmy Mallmann

1,037 posts in this topic

Hi, one thing I have noticed, If you have more than 2Gb of memory, make sure the memory you are using is listed in que QVL (Qualified Vendor List) for that motherboard... If not, panics should occur using p5k-se , see asus page for your mobo...

Also, if having problems, disconnect pata devices...

HI!

I'll try that tonight (Taking 2 mem sticks out and disconecting PATA drives)

Thanks I'll let you know

HI!

I'll try that tonight (Taking 2 mem sticks out and disconecting PATA drives)

Thanks I'll let you know

HEELP!

This is impossible, I've disconected everything, flashed again the motherboard, connected only the Sata DVD and Sata HD , taken out 3sticks of ram, burned a new image with another burning software, from another computer, and the cd does not boot. There has to be something with the cd or image i'm using, because if i put the windows dvd it boots perfectlly.

Is there any other way to perform an install of the retail OSX for my P5K. I knew i would hit some problems with this install, but i never figured it would be this early on the process!!

Help please.

Thanks

Changed the ISO and it's booting , Man check the iso for the 123.......

found another one on the italian version of this guide.....

Ok now , the 123 boots i put my retail osx in and boot it in -v, it starts loading and i get a "panic(cpu 1 caller 0x001a9c5c) kernel trap at 0x20f79525, type 14 page fault, registers......................error code:0x000000

error and it hangs

any ideas?

post-360561-1232745988_thumb.jpg

Weird, very, try using this ISO (link)

the kernel panic is due to a kext in the boot loader...

I got it to boot with the new iso (tnx) now I have this error Msg (pictrue attached) Any Ideas,

I've tried also with Ideneb 1.5.5, it installs, but after instalation in -v boot i get the error "still waiting for boot device"

Any suggestions?

Thanks a Lot

post-360561-1232808110_thumb.jpg

Having no luck with my P5K. I believe this mobo is quite similar to P5K-SE, which so many people seem to be have success with. Strange that I'm having no luck no matter what I try.

Boot 123 CD loads, but when I switch to the retail disk, the disk reads EXTREMELY SLOW. Anyone else have this problem? My DVD is an older IDE with a SATA converter, but works just fine in my Kalyway 10.5.2 install.

To get around the slow DVD I tried another method that I think accomplishes the same thing, but only performed the initial install, followed by UInstaller and P5K-SE_10.5.6 package.

Upon reboot, I get the errors shown in the pic. post-328823-1232814645_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas?

P.S. I'm running Pentium D 3.2 with no problems on Kalyway.

Man I finally did it!

I hope is stable, still need to test it correctlly, but i did a bit of a "combined" install Here it is I hope it helps somebody with the same problem i was having with the retail disk:

i Installed with IDeneb v1.3

(after this the computer will not boot into the Leopard instalation, and when it did kept giving me panic errors during boot)

i booted with the last image you posted in safe mode then did all the other steps in your guide ( update, Patcher, Cutoms Kexts ) restarted without the boot disk and it works like a charm! is lighting fast and I even did the first update from the apple update. I set the audio to the digital out and its working perfectlly with the Creative inspire DTS decoder

I also installed Mira and it works with the IR receiver from media center with an Imac remote controll from an Imac i have in the office (essencial since this rig is for Home entertaiment purposes, Front Row Works, I havent load my library yet, but ill let you know). Now ill do some stress tests on it to check for stability, but for now seems fine.

Thanks for the help!

Well, some people report problems with pentim D...

I myself have installed a P5K / P5k-vm / P5k-wifi-app/ P5k-deluxe.. and 2 more variants I can´t remember, I works and uses the same kexts... strange it is not working here

people with sata DVDs, sata HDs and fully compatible VGAs have reported no problems...

This method is meant for Reatil Leopard Instalation only

I have never seen any comment upon Pata/Sata adapter

Having no luck with .......

Thanx man,

this walkthrough worked perfect for my P5K. I was using another DFE132 boot disk (made for P5K).

Onboard firewire works but corrupted sound on my M-audio FW410 soundcard (due to VIA chipset), so I installed PCI FW with Texas Instruments chipset and everything was fine.

Configuration:

MB Asus P5K

Proc Intel E2160

RAM 2x1Gb (800Mhz Gail)

DVD SATA

Hdd SATA & PATA

sorry, but the 260 gtx is not supported yet.... only in vesa mode, no acceleration... try an earlier 9800GT or 9800GTX could do the job!

Hi at all.

Only a question: do u think that iDeneb v1.3 (1.5.5) is correct for my system configuration?

Asus P5k-e wifi

e8400

260 gtx

2 Gb DDR2

2 SATA HD

1 SATA DVD

Tnx

;)

In the tutorial, find the

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

YOU WILL NEED:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

there are links to the files there

Good luck!

One of the Good thread for starter to start -_- where is e link for UNIVERSAL OSx86 INSTALLER and DSDT Patcher GUI? I can't find it. Is there any update?

hello,

i´m a nforce680i user who has bought a Asus P5K Green Mainboard.

Now i have download all like in your guide at page 1 !

Burned all DVDs and CDs.

Insert the 123 Boot - CD and nothing happend... i guess it won´t find any DVD.

DVD-Drive is a brandnew S-ATA LG-Burner. Recognized in the BIOS...

I only have a black Screen with a white cursor ?!

Which BIOS-Settings do i have to set ?

Do i have to burn the 132Boot-CD in a special way ?

i just put the 6 Files/folders on a normal CD... ?!

Edit: for example, the iPC 10.5.6. boots great ...

YOU WILL NEED:

[*]BOOT 123 CD IMAGE - P5K CLASS MOBO ;) (link)

I'm trying to migrate from kaly 10.5.3 to 10.5.6 using this method, but cannot boot with this CD. I've dl'd the P5KFAMILY iso and used Disk Utility to burn it to a CD (pic attached), but my computer will not boot from it. It continues to state that I need to insert a bootable disc. I have SATA DVD and hard drives. What am I doing wrong?

post-80808-1233433131_thumb.png

OK, I have it installed by using the Galaxy boot-123 CD. Everything seems to be working except that I don't have ethernet. The P5K-E WiFi-AP has a Marvel 88E8056 in it. It worked perfectly fine under the Kalyway 10.5.2/3 that I was previously running. Any tips on where I can get this fixed?

Edit: I have a green Ethernet Adaptor (en0) but it has a self-assigned ip address, even though Configure is set to "Using DHCP". The computer is connected by cable to my AEBSn.

TIA

Burn using Toast titanium, it works, tested and re-tested :)

I'm trying to migrate from kaly 10.5.3 to 10.5.6 using this method, but cannot boot with this CD. I've dl'd the P5KFAMILY iso and used Disk Utility to burn it to a CD (pic attached), but my computer will not boot from it. It continues to state that I need to insert a bootable disc. I have SATA DVD and hard drives. What am I doing wrong?

Burned to a CD. The Galaxy worked fine and I'm not on 10.5.6 with all but ethernet working. I tried installing the Marvel driver from the 10.5.2 Kaly install, but that borked my system, so I reinstalled 10.5.6 with your method. It's really frustrating - I'm so close! I wonder if there are any third-party pci ethernet cards that are compatible with OSX86/10.5.6?