P5K-SE - Retail Leopard Instalation

Jimmy Mallmann

1,037 posts in this topic

yours should be supported...

get lspci and post the output

osx86tools has lspci within it

Burned to a CD. The Galaxy worked fine and I'm not on 10.5.6 with all but ethernet working. I tried installing the Marvel driver from the 10.5.2 Kaly install, but that borked my system, so I reinstalled 10.5.6 with your method. It's really frustrating - I'm so close! I wonder if there are any third-party pci ethernet cards that are compatible with OSX86/10.5.6?

Thanks much - this sounds encouraging. Here's the output:

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31/P35/P31 Express DRAM Controller [8086:29c0] (rev 02)

00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31/P35/P31 Express PCI Express Root Port [8086:29c1] (rev 02)

00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:2937] (rev 02)

00:1a.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 [8086:2938] (rev 02)

00:1a.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6 [8086:2939] (rev 02)

00:1a.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 [8086:293c] (rev 02)

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:293e] (rev 02)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 [8086:2940] (rev 02)

00:1c.4 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 5 [8086:2948] (rev 02)

00:1c.5 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 6 [8086:294a] (rev 02)

00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:2934] (rev 02)

00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:2935] (rev 02)

00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:2936] (rev 02)

00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 [8086:293a] (rev 02)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge [8086:244e] (rev 92)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation 82801IR (ICH9R) LPC Interface Controller [8086:2916] (rev 02)

00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation 82801IR/IO/IH (ICH9R/DO/DH) 6 port SATA AHCI Controller [8086:2922] (rev 02)

00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller [8086:2930] (rev 02)

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation GeForce 8600 GT [10de:0402] (rev a1)

02:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller [11ab:4364] (rev 12)

03:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: JMicron Technologies, Inc. JMicron 20360/20363 AHCI Controller [197b:2363] (rev 03)

03:00.1 IDE interface [0101]: JMicron Technologies, Inc. JMicron 20360/20363 AHCI Controller [197b:2363] (rev 03)

05:03.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: Agere Systems FW323 [11c1:5811] (rev 70)

thanks, the "BURNME.Iso" Works... burned via TOAST 10 on a mac....

maybe the Windows Program "UltraISO" did something wrong...

i´m now at the Retail Install of Leopard.

At first Try it gives me a Error at 22 minutes Left... i will try it again.

This Time i will not chancel the DVD-Proof Procedure :)

Edit: Error from the DVD-Proof, i guess i have to buy a new Duallayer-DVD tomorrow and

have to burn it in TOAST again...

here the Error-Message:

"The Installationprogram could not proof the Content of the Package "Essentials".

Please contact your manufacture."

OK, this is strange. I ran Migration Assistant last night and this morning I when I checked the computer MA was done and there was an alert telling me a "new" ethernet port was found. Obviously MA copied something over that let the OS see the port. The problem is, it does not see my Airport Extreme Base Station. It has a non-functional IP address (10.211.55.2 - NOT self-assigned), but it does not see the router. I have my AEBS set to assign 10.0.0.xxx addresses and all the other Macs in the house have these, and the router itself is 10.0.0.1. I've tried a reboot but the computer does not get an appropriate 10.0.0.xxx ip address and, thus, remains nonfunctional.

I have not installed the Yukon driver you linked to - I thought I'd better wait to see if this new development is revealing.

I also discovered I don't have QE or CI. Does the NVInstaller .41 fix this or is there a more recent version I need? I have the MSI 8600GT and had both QE and CI under 10.5.3 (and I'm pretty sure under 10.5.6 prior to MA).

Thanks again for your help - it is greatly appreciated.

What does your "ABout this Mac" show for Hardware info in preference? I have an Asus P5K-E mobo, Q6600 cpu, 8800GTX, 2 gigs ram system. I got my system working using the Boot-132 method, updated to 10.5.6 fine. The two problems I have now are that 1) my sata DVD writer does not work within Leopard, and 2) the hardware profile in "about this Mac" in preference does not show anything...

AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext should fix your system information problem, if not, set them using osx86tools...

use the lattest AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext (ICHX) in order to fix your dvd issue. (a friend of mine once, used another kext for ich9 chipset, then he noticed his dvd did not appear as burners anymore, he changed the kext again, and nothing, only a reinstall fixed the problem)

What does your "ABout this Mac" show for Hardware info in preference? I have an Asus P5K-E mobo, Q6600 cpu, 8800GTX, 2 gigs ram system. I got my system working using the Boot-132 method, updated to 10.5.6 fine. The two problems I have now are that 1) my sata DVD writer does not work within Leopard, and 2) the hardware profile in "about this Mac" in preference does not show anything...

Always preffer using efi strings rather than injector for vga, but if it is working, let it be :)

try the sollution I have posted you before for your network problem (link)

OK, I've got CI and QE back by modding the NVinject.kext as described in this thread (changing 60000 to 0). Now I only need to get ethernet to work and I'm set.

OK, I dl'd the AppleYukon.kext and installed it with OSX86Tools, rebooted (without power down) and the problem persists. I have two ethernet connections (en1 = 10.37.29.2, en2 = 10.211.55.2), both have green buttons next to them and are connected. However, they do not work as I am prompted with the "not connected to the internet" message in Safari. I've turned each of them off to see if that works and it doesn't. My subnet is 255.255.255.0 (as expected), but it is still not picking up my AEBSn router (10.0.0.1). All of this is set with Using DHCP for getting an ip address, as with the other Macs in the house.

I am going to shut it down and reconnect my 10.5.3 drive to see if the ethernet is still working with it.

----------------------

OK, this is not making any sense. I've booted up with the 10.5.3 drive, which was working just fine with the network yesterday, and it is no longer getting an ip address from my AEBSn, either. There are two additional ethernets (en3 and en4) with the same ip addresses as the 10.5.6 drive (en2=en3 address, en1=en4 address). This seems to suggest it's a hardware issue? I'm going to shut everything down, unplug and reboot.

----------------------

This did not solve the problem. Now my internet access is screwed with both drives. I'm beginning to suspect the 10.5.6 install is just fine, but that somehow the ethernet adapter is mucked up. Any ideas?

----------------------

SUCCESS!!!

I hope someone can explain this. My 10.5.6 installer gave me two ethernet connections (Ethernet, Ethernet 2, see attached picture), both of which have bogus ip addresses noted above. So out of desperation, I clicked on the '+' at the bottom left of the Network pane of System Preferences to add Ethernet 3 (port en0) and it gets a proper ip address of 10.0.0.200 and my router shows up as well. Now everything is working just fine. WTF?

A BIG thanks, Jimmy. I wish I could buy you a beer or two. ;)

post-80808-1233532605_thumb.png

Here's a new one:

I've tried doing this with my P5K-E two different ways.

1) Boot using my SATA DVD-ROM

Result: "Still waiting for root device" error.

Odd. This was the error I used to get booting from an IDE DVD drive when I first ventured into this hackint0sh business. Of course I was using Kalyway isos then.

2) Boot using my IDE DVD-RW drive

Result: "Image checksum error, sorry..."

WTF? You just booted fine from my SATA drive and now this? Makes absolutely no sense to me. Especially that sort of error. I would think it would at least ATTEMPT to boot before not working.

So I'm flabbergasted to say the least. Any ideas?

I'm using the one you posted from the 11th page, this

The ONLY thing I can think of that may be causing it is the fact that right now I've got my hard drives configured in my BIOS as RAID because I just bought two new 1TB drives and wanted to see how the performance is in Vista (and it's pretty good, plus I want to dual boot).

Now you may be quick to point fingers at that being the cause of my troubles, but the funny thing is I can still boot into my other OS X installation that I did via Kalyway a long time ago just fine. All 5 of my hard drives are connected via SATA. So I'm hesitant to blame that as the primary cause (although my suspicions suggest that it is the reason why I'm having troubles).

If only there was native OS X support for Intel's Storage Matrix! But alas, we can't have our cake and eat it too.

Thanks Jimmy!

I think there's an Asus P5K family one for your mobo. I got an Asus P5k-E mobo and the P5kfamily.iso one worked great. However, my bios is set for AHCI. I do have a sata dvd-writer to boot from. HD is IDE......worked great...installed FCP.....works !!

Probably correct, if you want raid, use the osx default software raid, during installation

Try the p5kfamily.iso, in the original post

When I tried using that iso, nothing happened. I burned it twice and both times my computer ignored the disc as if nothing was on it. Did you fix it?

Strange thing, well, maybe your dvd has some issues also! It really should boot..

make the test, crc errors usualy come from bad dvd devices...

When I tried using that iso, nothing happened. I burned it twice and both times my computer ignored the disc as if nothing was on it. Did you fix it?

P5KFamily iso does not boot on ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi AP

I spent 2 days searching the forums and I can't seem to find an answer to my problem.

I've burned the P5KFamily iso ( twice now ) and placed it into my SATA DVD drive. After reboot, I get a blank screen for some time followed by:

"Reboot and Select proper Boot device

or Insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key"

Placed Leopard ( 10.5.4 ) disc one into the same SATA DVD drive and got the same message after a few seconds.

Restart computer, change bios so that SATA drives are configured as AHCI. Same thing.

I have :

Asus P5K Deluxe/WiFi AP mobo

Pentium Core 2 Duo

LG SATA DVD-RW

Seagate SATA 500 GB HD

Can't imagine that the rest of the hardware would matter too much at this stage.

I have the same board as you do. I couldn't get the P5KFamily to work for me, either. Download the 'burnme.iso.zip' by Galaxy and burn it to a CD at 2x or 4x speed (no more than those). This allowed me to boot from my Samsung SATA DVD drive and when I swapped the CD for my OS X Retail Installer DVD I set the device as 'ef' (instead of 80 or 81) and it booted and installed fine. After the installation it said it failed, but it worked just fine for me following the rest of the instructions detailed in Jimmy's first post.

P5KFamily iso does not boot on ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi AP

I spent 2 days searching the forums and I can't seem to find an answer to my problem.

I've burned the P5KFamily iso ( twice now ) and placed it into my SATA DVD drive. After reboot, I get a blank screen for some time followed by:

"Reboot and Select proper Boot device

or Insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key"

Placed Leopard ( 10.5.4 ) disc one into the same SATA DVD drive and got the same message after a few seconds.

Restart computer, change bios so that SATA drives are configured as AHCI. Same thing.

I have :

Asus P5K Deluxe/WiFi AP mobo

Pentium Core 2 Duo

LG SATA DVD-RW

Seagate SATA 500 GB HD

Can't imagine that the rest of the hardware would matter too much at this stage.

Hi, do as Caveman says, That should do for your system

I have figured out what the problem is

Well if your have the hardware ID of the sata controler ICH9R/DO/DH (8086:2922), same as caveman´s mobo, I have experienced the same CRC error when booting on a notebook with a 82G33/G31/P35/P31 Express DRAM Controller, the sollution would be to use an old EFI boot loader to boot the system, that is why galaxy´s iso works for you

As the P5kFamily is using the original boot from boot123 project, it may not work for you, but it has worked for other p5k deluxe/wifi app users. I guess their mobo´s ID were different...

EHCI enabled and device configured as IDE is the ideal, it should be the standard configuration.

hello everyone,

I have a problem with the BOOT 123 CD IMAGE - P5K CLASS MOBO :

When i push the esc button i have this message : system config file 'Library/preferences/system.........plist not found.

Any suggestions?

My mobo : P5K SE EPU with the lastest bios.

Thanks,

Yo

Hi, ignore the error, that msg is shown because there is no .plist :thumbsup_anim: The plist it reffers to is a configuration file for booting parameters (-v -x -s cpus=xx, etc..) .

Ignore it and proceed to installation

hello everyone,

I have a problem with the BOOT 123 CD IMAGE - P5K CLASS MOBO :

When i push the esc button i have this message : system config file 'Library/preferences/system.........plist not found.

Any suggestions?

My mobo : P5K SE EPU with the lastest bios.

Thanks,

Yo