P5K-SE - Retail Leopard Instalation

Jimmy Mallmann

1,037 posts in this topic

You have to select line out in sound preferences, as said in the tutorial..

Anyone having problems with audio after install? I'm following the instructions and the system works well, but just with no audio (and sleep hangs too, but that's a well established problem).

I have plain p5k.

I've tried installing the ALC883 3 port driver kexts, which worked once, but failed to work on a second install.

Any ideas?

P.S. Not sure if it's the Pentium D or not but I was getting kernel panics when mounting .dmg images. Did a quick search and found that rolling back the seatbelt.kext to 10.5.5 should fix it. It did, works fine now! :blush:

Jimmy,

Have you documented anywhere what kexts are included in your P5KFamily.iso?

I just made one using Slimbuild GUI and it booted, right now I'm installing AND my BIOS is configured for RAID not AHCI! But when I booted the dvd I got "Package 0 didn't get an HPET" over and over. So far it looks like everything is installing ok, but I'm curious how you eliminated this error (I read that it's caused by AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext)

So anyway, would you mind sharing what kexts you include in your iso so I can build a finalized version of a P5K-E iso with the stuff I need? Or if you're really nice you could add the following kexts:

AppleAHCIPort.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

JMicronATA.kext

IOAHCIFamily.kext

Some of these may already be included.

Thanks!!

Hey Jimmy :P ,

Finally i managed to install Retail Leopard 10.5.6 on my PC. Thank you so much for Guiding me.

I didn't had any problems starting the Installation till Finishing it. :)

But couple of Problems here Restart, Shutdown Do NOT work. (I dont use sleep however)

And Now comes the Chameleon EFI (I tried both OS X Installer & Chameleon EFI) they both installs properly. But when i Restart (i still need Boot 132 CD to boot to Leopard) (Here i have to press "Restart" button since my Restart n Shutdown are not working.)

I haven't checked with Audio Yet. And I Believe Intel82566MM.Ktext belongs to Network do i need to use Intel 82566DC that the link you've provided me? coz Intel82566MM.Ktext is from Boot 132 CD (Ktexts.img) that slipttees have made for DG35EC.

Also I use NVidia 8400 GS 512MB. I connect my Monitor (LG 42inches Scarlet 1080P) with HDMI to DVI cable. is there any driver tht supports my card/Resolution? I tried using UInstaller by PCWiz but not sure.

So now i have a Clean Retail Leopard Installed with Above issues.

Can you please guide me....

Once again thanks for all the Guidance... But Still need your Help :( to make everything work 100%

You Rock... ^_^

Man, that post was long! :)

But the answer is short!

Your Boot123 iso can be found here (link)

GMA X3500 (link)

Intel 82566DC (link)

For your ALC888S Audio, get applehdapatcher 1.20 here (link), and finde your codec dump here (link), If not working, get Azalia.

There is a topic for your mobo here (link) There you may find the kexts you need and a howto ;)

Ok, clean your /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

use

" sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist "

edit untill you have something like this

to cut the lines (control + k)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>None</string>

</dict>

</plist>

save and close the file (control + o / control + x)

now install pc efi v9 again... and your vga efi string also, using universall installer

remember to copy universall installer to your hard disk

reboot, and test!

I keep having problems with my mouse every now and then (MS Comfort Optical 3000) even though I installed the correct drivers for it. Anyone has any ideas on how to fix it? It usually helps to plug it in and out a few times, but that is quite annoying...

EDIT: the system also forgets my keyboard shortcuts (ctrl-c and ctrl-v) after a reboot.

Change the usb ports, that should do it

OSX does not use control + c or control + v, uses option (alt) + c or option (alt) + v

If you want windows commands allong with mac commands, use the us international keyboard layout, check the post. Install and select in the system preferences / International.

This is getting really frustrating.

I can perfectly install my base 10.5 DVD and have everything functioning, while my BIOS is configured as RAID and not AHCI. It has to work this way or there's no point in using OS X, because I don't want to constantly have to switch back and forth in my BIOS between AHCI and RAID. I need RAID for my Vista installation, that's more important. I don't understand what happens with 10.5.6 that makes it stop working. Out of pure curiosity I obtained the 10.5.6 Installation DVD hoping that maybe that would change things, but I cannot boot that DVD to install. I get the "Still waiting for root device error."

In order to get the 10.5 DVD to boot, I simply took your P5KFamily.iso and added JMicronATA.kext and AppleAHCI.kext. But for some reason using those with 10.5.6 doesn't work.

I'm out of ideas, this doesn't make sense. What the hell did Apple do that made it stop working? I'm about ready to try 10.5.5 instead and forget about 10.5.6. There are hacks to install iLife 09 without upgrading to 10.5.6 anyway.

Jimmy if you have any ideas (other than suggesting using AHCI, because that is NOT an option) I'm all ears. I'll install this 20 times if I have to in order to get a successful installation.

Hi, I see what your problem is, well, you need a kext (driver) for your raid configuration... Not sure you´ll find one though...

The still waiting for root device is a proof that the another kext is needed, I tryied here the apples software raid, and it works fine. Another solution would be to get an extra HD, and leave the Windows Raid alone...

Well, I don´t use windows stuff, don´t need them.. But as you need it so much...

Try searching the forums for ichxx raid

I have 5 internal hard drives and I am trying to install and run OS X on its own hard drive. I don't want to touch my RAID array with OS X, I don't even care if OS X sees those hard drives.

I decided to install the 10.5.5 ComboUpdate instead, it works perfectly fine, go figure!

So something happens in the 10.5.6 update that conflicts with AppleAHCIPort.kext, JMicronATA.kext, or something else completely that doesn't let it see my hard drive anymore.

It's not that I need a driver for it, it's that I need the ones that work with 10.5.1-10.5.5 to work with 10.5.6. I just don't know where to start in terms of looking for what is causing the problem in the first place.

I noticed when booting 10.5.5 that I always see this:

"Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F, 2/AppleAHCI/CHN1@1/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/ST3300622AS Media/IOGUIDPartitionScheme/Untitled@2"

The same is true whenever I am able to successfully boot, so maybe I need to include all of the kexts referenced here on my Boot132 cd when I try to install from the 10.5.6 DVD?

Jimmy, do you know why the Asus P5k-E mobo does not play nice with 4 gigs ram? With 2 gigs, it's fine but, with 4 gigs, I am getting the "you need to restart your computer..." panic attack within Leopard's desktop. I wonder if anyone else with an Asus P5K-E mobo have the same issue? I've checked ram and they are all fine (no errors) with Techtool 5.0.

my spec:

Asus P5K-E mobo

Q6600

8800GTX

4 gigs ram (4 X 1gig) ---> (2 gigs installed only)

Leopard 10.5.6 (retail-Boot 123 method install)

joot,

What RAM are you using? My P5K-E Wifi/AP (Which is the same damn board + a useless built in USB wireless unit) works just fine with 4 gigs. Can you boot XP/Vista/Ubuntu/Something else fine with 4 gigs installed? Did you overclock your RAM or do anything else that would affect it?

It is in my post, hardware description, check the QVL in asus website for your mobo, note that 32 bit systems do not recognize more than 2 GB, 64 bit systems will...

I do not use windows stuff :censored2:

joot,

What RAM are you using? My P5K-E Wifi/AP (Which is the same damn board + a useless built in USB wireless unit) works just fine with 4 gigs. Can you boot XP/Vista/Ubuntu/Something else fine with 4 gigs installed? Did you overclock your RAM or do anything else that would affect it?

joot,

Tweak41,

Windows xp w/SP3 loads fine, works good. However, with Leopard 10.5.6, after ~20 minutes or so of CPU activity, I would get the kernel attack :"You need to restart your computer......" within Leopard's desktop itself. It is not a booting issue when cold booting.

Yes, my system is overclocked with Corsair rams (4X1 gig). I don't believe it's the ram, I think it's something with Leopard or one of it's kext...

Jimmy,

Could you update the audio link on the first post with this: http://######.com/index.php?option=...p;limitstart=10

Tell people to download AD1988B for P5K-E, P5K-E Wifi/AP, etc

The Taruga one is outdated.

Thanks!

P.S. I think you should get rid of the P5K-SE installer package and upload a plugin for UInstaller. Under File you can go to Submit UOI plugin, and there's also a UIO Plugin Generator that you can use to build it. Just an idea... :-)

I have thought about that, but doing so would make the file too big, and too complicated to people get the plugin, put it in the correct folder, etc...

the installer is there so simplify things, new version of the installers will not need Universal Installer (project of my own)

Thanks, updating link

Hello Jimmy,

I do have an ASUS P5K-VM and do have a shutdown issue, even didn't work with OpenHaltRestart.kext, my kexts are in the location: extra/extensions.mkexts. Also I´ve read that I need to use the Voodoo beta 2 kernel, I did the test but I haven't any success.

I did have follow your previous guide with the RETAIL version 10.5.4 + combo update 10.5.5 & DSDT file + EFI, etc. Do you know how fix this issue?

The rest of the system fully worked, except firewire, that I don't care.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Roy